Korn

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
What do you think of them? I'm currently listening to Twisted Transistor by them, and I love it. I have loved all of their older stuff. The newer one, the one before the dubstep horseshit, I kind of enjoyed it. It was still definitely them, but I just didn't think it had the same epicness as their older stuff.

What are you opinions on the whole Dubstep shit they currently have going on with their latest album Path To Totality? I enjoy maybe 2 songs on them, simply because I feel dubstep is pretty decent at getting your body rockin' but other than that meh.

So yeah, your opinions?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The first 3 KoRn albums were the only good ones imo. They have pretty much been shit since Issues.

I thought Take a Look in the Mirror was alright at first, probably because it was all really old material that was never released. But it got stale really fast... probably why all that shit were B-sides in the first place. Didn't care to keep up with them anymore after that. Their whole schtick was pretty dated anyways.

Wasn't aware they did dubstep now. But I'm pretty sure it's not even dubstep. It's probably brostep or some weird/cheap variation. If they were doing dubstep, they wouldn't need a band anymore.

Reactions: 1 person

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
One of my favorite bands, and been a fan since 96 when I first seen the Blind video.

Untouchables is still my favorite album, the addition of the harsh electronic sound came at a time when I was getting into Industrial alot more, and I feel that the electronic albums(See you on the other side, Untitled) are where they have sounded the best. There is also the Johnathan Davis "Alone I Play", where its him with an orchestra performing b-side Korn songs live, the throat singing is worth a listen alone.

As for Path of Totality, I actually liked it the first time I heard it, but upon multiple listens I have grown weary of the constantly changing sounds, its 15 second clips of songs mashed together to please morons with no attention span, or IS that dubstep?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
That's dubstep. It starts off making you think it's a nice mellow song, and all of a sudden it's like BAM! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! Kind of ridiculous, and has made me slightly less of a Korn fan because of the collab. I think it's Korn's idea of staying relevant really.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I see it as them experimenting with sounds again, its nothing new really its been happening since Selftitled, bagpipes in rock music?

Earache My Eye on Follow the Leader
Kick the P.A. on Spawn OST
Make Me Bad/Inbetween Days on MTV Unplugged

Every band has that album/song that really isnt all that great. I dont judge a band based on the bad, I judge them based on how often they release good material. Korn has its up & downs, but I find they have much more good, than bad.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Oh God, yeah, I've always enjoyed their stuff. Untitled was a damn good album in my opinion. But if they are going to go with this dubstep collab stuff, I will probably stay away.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Chances are its only for this album, the only sound they have ever gone back to is the original rap/rock sound of Untitled/Life is Peachy/Follow the Leader. Even the electronic albums borrowed from different genres of electronica.

I miss the days of them driving down Younge St. in a tank.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Okay yeah I just looked that stuff up and yeah, that's not dubstep at all. Just because Skrillex and KTN collaborate on it doesn't make the music style "dubstep". It's really not even close. It's just messy-sounding-industrial-wannabe music. I was actually facepalming like crazy reading through the comments on those videos. It's hilarious that so many people love to hate on dubstep and still have no fucking clue what it sounds like.

Sounded like crap btw. Davis's lyrical style has regressed badly. If you want good electronic music mixed with heavy metal, then look up Zardonic. He makes KoRn's shit look weak as fuck.

[youtube]0i3Aa9NlxCk[/youtube]

[youtube]1UC_w77oQLY[/youtube]

[youtube]NIkocR2e8cM[/youtube]

You're welcome.

Pete

Reaction score
I don't mind them, but they're not my favourites either.

I own Korn (good), Life Is Peachy (good), Follow The Leader (very good), See You On The Other Side (quite good), and Untouchables, which I have yet to listen to. Have not bothered with their recent ones because I heard they're shit. Also, dubstep.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Dubstep is making everybody shit.

KoRn was my favorite band in the 90s and forever. They have stpped off the last few albums, but there is usually a couple of things they do that makes me forgive em, atleast they are doing songs that reflect their sag, I got tired of them trying to relate to teen angst when they were old. It's just fucking stupid to bitch about how you were raised after you turn 25.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like Twisted Transitor and a couple of other songs but I was never really into them that much and I don't own any of their albums. I never got into that heavy metal style music.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I thought Korn lost their inspiration to make good music for their own genre years ago. Good to know this thread just endorses that thought.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
They were dead to me after they linked up with Skrillex.