Kenny King joins TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Kenny King Done With ROH

From ROH's Facebook page:

The appearance of ROH wrestler Kenny King on another television wrestling program tonight has raised speculation on his future as well as how this appearance could occur.

The contract Kenny King signed in June 2011 expired 11 days ago. Before that expiration, an agreement was reached between Kenny and ROH management for an extension of that contract, with a provision to allow him to negotiate with any other promotions so that he could evaluate his options and any potential interest in him elsewhere. When that short extension concluded he would then be free to accept an offer elsewhere, or sign another long term contract with ROH. Under this agreement, Kenny was free to negotiate but not to wrestle for another organization without ROH's permission.

When Kenny was presented with the written extension reflecting this verbal and handshake agreement, he informed ROH he was unsure if other promotions would accept the negotiation clause. He was told he could take the document to be examined by his attorney or other interested parties before executing it to be reassured any other offers would not be viewed as contract tampering. He also informed ROH that he would keep us apprised of any developments.

He contacted ROH on Tuesday July 3 to inform us that he had a meeting in Orlando on Thursday, July 5, which was within the scope of the agreement he had made. Then, early morning on July 5, he contacted an ROH official to say he would be wrestling on the Orlando event that night. He was told he did not have permission to appear live on television as it violated the agreement that had been made. His response was that the deal he had shaken hands on and agreed to in principle "seemed fair at the time", but "others" had told him it was not, so he did not intend to honor it.

Ring of Honor is disappointed that Kenny has chosen to make this decision, after the company had agreed to and followed through on everything he had asked for at the time of our negotiation. However, we consider this breach of his verbal agreement unacceptable, and regardless of his future employment status with any other wrestling company, ROH will not be doing business with Kenny King going forward.

A statement from ROH will be forthcoming regarding the future of the ROH World Tag Team Championship. Co-holder Rhett Titus remains on the active ROH roster.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Re: Kenny King Done With ROH

Wow, that's pretty disrespectful. Shame really. I enjoyed what he was doing in ROH.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Just over a week after ANX finally won the title too. Feel really bad for Rhett, he finally gets up there and King splits on him.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score

This is awful. I am a big King fan as a worker but you just don't screw someone over like that. Almost guaranteed he wins the X title at the PPV now though. He had to have some major incentive to do this, I would think.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
When Kenny was presented with the written extension reflecting this verbal and handshake agreement, he informed ROH he was unsure if other promotions would accept the negotiation clause. He was told he could take the document to be examined by his attorney or other interested parties before executing it to be reassured any other offers would not be viewed as contract tampering. He also informed ROH that he would keep us apprised of any developments.

He contacted ROH on Tuesday July 3 to inform us that he had a meeting in Orlando on Thursday, July 5, which was within the scope of the agreement he had made. Then, early morning on July 5, he contacted an ROH official to say he would be wrestling on the Orlando event that night. He was told he did not have permission to appear live on television as it violated the agreement that had been made. His response was that the deal he had shaken hands on and agreed to in principle "seemed fair at the time", but "others" had told him it was not, so he did not intend to honor it.

Ring of Honor is disappointed that Kenny has chosen to make this decision, after the company had agreed to and followed through on everything he had asked for at the time of our negotiation. However, we consider this breach of his verbal agreement unacceptable, and regardless of his future employment status with any other wrestling company, ROH will not be doing business with Kenny King going forward.

A statement from ROH will be forthcoming regarding the future of the ROH World Tag Team Championship. Co-holder Rhett Titus remains on the active ROH roster.

Here is tonight's Impact Wrestling Post Show featuring a Bully Ray press conference and interviews with X-Division Tournament Qualifier Kenny King, Madison Rayne and Joseph Park.

[video=youtube;WnUxihkoHdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnUxihkoHdI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Thoughts on the move? Kenny King is a great wrestler and I believe it's beneficial having him as part of the X-Division.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Any new x division wrestlers are welcome

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I've merged the 2 threads that were in the Indy section and the TNA section. No point in having 2 threads of discussion about this.

Anyways, it's a shame it's come to this. Like Dejay said, it's just over a week since King and Titus finally won the ROH World Tag Titles and now he defies ROH and wrestles on Impact last night. I'm sure Austin Aries is 1 happy man, since he stated in a Conference Call last week if he could bring anyone in from ROH it would be Titus and King. It's pretty obvious now that King is going to be the next X-Division champion. If he doesn't win the title, i'll be shocked.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That is a shame yes because having finally won the titles he and Titus could have had a brilliant run, they were one of the finest teams in wrestling today. Think he should have at least stuck around to have seen through that first reign.

From TNA's point of view it is a great signing as King is one of the finest young talents on the indie scene who also has many of the qaunites which could make him a star on a bigger stage. TNA need to focus on more on this sort of signing as it is the sort of name they can delvolp and make into their own star, whereas the problem with the ex-WWE guys is that people can't shake the the image of them working for them.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki

Just over a week after ANX finally won the title too. Feel really bad for Rhett, he finally gets up there and King splits on him.

Does he have Twitter? I think he should get bombarded with messages saying he let down the best tag titles in the US currently.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, his Twitter is @KennyKingpinAnX, but that will probably change considering he killed ANX.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
@KennyKingpinAnX Way to work your ass off for the ROH Tag Team Titles only to vacate them... Rhett deserves better.

I sent him that already on my account.

TKK

Reaction score
He has really let down Rhett and ROH who had put a lot of faith into ANX spearheading their tag team division. I understand that he might want to work in a company that gives him more opportunities, but going about it in the way that he did is simply unprofessional.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
A lot of veterans in ROH that never got that chance to really shine like Jimmy Jacobs are supporting him. So, I'm not sure how upset we should be if they are behind him.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Looks like Rhett gonna be back to jobbing in the opening match again.