Kenny King joins TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't think Rhett will be a jobber ever again, I think ROH put a lot of stock into a long time ago when he took that nasty beating from Erick Stevens in what was supposed to be just a simple match.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The whole situation is kind of funny especially given the recent legal battle between TNA & WWE over something not so dissimilar to this.

From what I say of the guy last night he looks like he has potential as he had flashes of X-Division style about him, but wasn't you're run of the mill spot monkey even though I thought the match was pretty botchy.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The match was botchy, but I think most of that was Yuma, King looked great.

Austin Aries tweeted something last night, but he must have deleted it. It said something like "Now how about you tell them how ROH really does business. I haven't forgotten..." Along with quoting ROH's tweet that linked to the Facebook post. At this point, I don't even care who's to blame for it happening, I'm just pissed ANX is done right when they get their belt. Don't care how much more money Kenny's going to be making in TNA, my favorite tag team, who just won the belts is dead.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
[video=youtube;MgDU-Sb2i7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgDU-Sb2i7k&feature=player_embedded[/video]

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Kenny King's finally released a statement:

My people's,

First and foremost to all of my friends, Family and everyone riding with me on this one thank you. The love and support has been unreal. It doesn't matter if your'e a new Kenny King fan or you've been with your boy since tough enough. My passion for this sport reflects yours, and I will continue to bust my ass to give back the love you have shown me.

Second I would like to thank @ringofhonor for the opportunity To master my craft against some of the best wrestlers in the world. The last 4 years have been invaluable to my career. I have nothing but love and respect for the company that allowed me to find myself and grow as a wrestler.

Next, since the content of my character has been called into question, just ask about me. My integrity and HONOR has always been above reproach. But since they wanna talk bad about your boy, consider this...

(spoiler alert)

I was offered a contract extension, I had reservations about the parameters of the extension and effective my "free agent" option would be.

I gave a handshake agreement that I wouldn't do anything "screwy" with the belts. A la medusa. [Note from Mike: Madusa throwing down the WWF Women's title on WCW title]

I gave ROH information about every move that I made regarding working for @impactwrestling. Realistically they could have just found out when they saw my black ass walking down to the ring.

I was given a physical contact extension by ROH, which I respectfully declined to sign due to the reasons I stated above.

If I declined to sign an actual contract extension, how could anyone think there was a verbal agreement?

I took the biggest gamble of my career this weekend. So going into destination X tomorrow night I am prepared to put it all on the line. I am especially grateful to @tnadixie and @impactwrestling for giving me the opportunity to showcase my skills on a bigger stage. I was given an amazing opening and I took it. Ask Eminem how many chances you get to blow up. The world will watch tomorrow, and I got a bag full of fireworks. Tomorrow is coronation day.

Thank you.
Kenny King

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
How dare a guy want to further his career, what a disgrace, huh.

Maybe if ROH had their shit together and weren't such a bush league fed then their champions wouldn't be running down their contracts. How dense must you be to keep a guy with an expired contract as a tag champ.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Maybe if you watched ROH you know how hard ANX worked for the Tag Titles considering for the past 2 years they had to play second fiddle to The Briscoes and The World's Greatest Tag Team.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
How dare a guy want to further his career, what a disgrace, huh.

Maybe if ROH had their shit together and weren't such a bush league fed then their champions wouldn't be running down their contracts. How dense must you be to keep a guy with an expired contract as a tag champ.

But I thought TNA was a bush league fed? Why leave a bush league for another right?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
But I thought TNA was a bush league fed? Why leave a bush league for another right?

TNA somehow managed to con millions of people to watch their show each week.

ROH can't keep their TV deals for more than a week, let alone get those figures.

Maybe if you watched ROH you know how hard ANX worked for the Tag Titles considering for the past 2 years they had to play second fiddle to The Briscoes and The World's Greatest Tag Team.

What does that have to do with letting their tag team champion run out his contract while still a belt holder?

The theme in this thread seems to be KK is "in the wrong" for leaving for greener pastures when he was perfectly entitled to do so.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
TNA somehow managed to con millions of people to watch their show each week.

ROH can't keep their TV deals for more than a week, let alone get those figures.

ROH consistently draws 0.4 ratings despite not even being on a national network. TNA barely draws 1.0 on Spike. And they can't keep deals more than a week? ROH have had two TV deals in the history of their company. The one with HDNet went from 2009-2011 and this current one with Sinclair started last August or September.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
We have had these sorts of debates before but to me TNA is a bigger company in terms of name value however from the stand point of ratings etc there is very little between them and ROH don't throw away millions each week like TNA.

Anyway seems like King cleared that up weather you buy all of it or not is a different matter but at least he set the record straight. It was just bad timing is all. Good luck to him.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, I'm not mad at King for doing it at all, more or less just mad that ANX is no more. Don't blame King for taking the opportunity.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
ROH consistently draws 0.4 ratings despite not even being on a national network. TNA barely draws 1.0 on Spike. And they can't keep deals more than a week? ROH have had two TV deals in the history of their company. The one with HDNet went from 2009-2011 and this current one with Sinclair started last August or September.

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

ROH canceling the 7/27 event in Winston-Salem, North Carolina and the 7/28 event in Spartanburg, South Carolina due to poor advances led to talk among many circles regarding the state of the company.

Add in the fact that the company only has six events total for the rest of 2012 helps add to frustration with talent on the roster. Sinclair Broadcasting is also attempting to keep costs very low.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah bet its bullshit.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, ROH attempted to expand out of where they usually hold shows and the tickets didn't sell well. TNA hardly has a show outside of Orlando, your point?