Ken Kennedy's WWE In-Ring Return Revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

Hey! Lay off Kennedy. He can say his name. World Champion pl0x~!

Yeah sarcasm there but so does Dolph ziggler.

All you Kennedy haters are idiots. I was going to say why all of a sudden? But i know you will say you have always felt this way. I think that Mr Kennedy is not the best wrestler ever, nore yet does his promos without 100% effort. If you guys think he is mid card at best then fair enough. I think given the right feud and person he can show us how good he really is. His feuds with main eventer's always bring out the best in him. As far as his injuries goes? Well its just bad luck and hopefully he can go a few years without injury. Shelton Benjamin injured Kennedy in the summer last year that's not Kennedy fault. All you haters are entitled to your opinions and good on ya. But as far as im concerned id like you lot to think of your current favorite wrestler pick his flaws an why should he be higher than he is now.

Haight

Reaction score
Somebody else mentioned ECW...I honestly don't think thats a bad idea. I wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Ricky Ortiz and DJ Gabriel fall victim to the mic check. Kennedy would have to be heel though and would have to lose the "Kennneeddyyyyyyy!!!" thing.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Typical Kennedy fans:

"He's the next Rock~!"

"Where's his big push?"

"It's all creative's fault that he does drugs!!!"

"Just give him a 33rd chance..."

"*insert wrestler here to avert attention from Kennedy's shittiness* is no better"

That's pretty much what people say about anyone that's overrated (except the drug part in which I've never heard anyone say that btw). People do over rate him, but he's not the most over rated. Morrison, Cm Punk, Kennedy, for example. With Morrison it would be....

Comparing over-rated guy to a superior/legend: Check *HBK

Blaming creative for his non-push: Check

Blaming someone else for holding them back: Check *the Miz

Constantly saying he needs a push when he doesn't: Check *wrestles/appears on all three brands. Has titles, beats other champs cleanly, two time slammy winners, what more do you want.

Needs to be in the ME: Check *

"*Insert wrestler here to avert attention from Morrison's overrated-ness* is no better" Check: *in this case Kennedy.

I like Morrison, I think he's good, but he's still over-rated. Kennedy's not as over-rated as you say, but to some extent, he is. As for him wrestling on ECW, I think that would be a good idea but that just proves the point that ECW is a place for mid carders to main event. It should be more than that. On the subject of Orton being over-rated, I think he's slightly overrated. But the guy is good. He does his job well, and you gotta give credit where credit is due.

Originally Posted by Moonlight Drive
I would've agreed until a few weeks ago. He has surpassed Jericho at this point. Every week the segments Orton are involved in are without a doubt the best and always leave you tuning in next week to see what will happen next. The heat he gets is intense, not to mention he has one of the best characters in the company.

^^ This guy said it best. Jericho was the best heel on RAW in 08, but Orton has surpassed him now.

The Rated R CMStar

I don't think Kennedy was never overrated. I think it is more a case of people having seen Kennedy at his best and getting exposed to his potential, and then getting let down week after week after week, but just refusing to believe Kennedy had step down.

Seeing his feud with Taker, then Batista and then winning MITB, you couldn't deny he had talent. His promos were good (because he was given 10 minutes to elaborate, THEN he said his name), and his matches were awesome. In that notion, he was so good, that his mic skills were starting to get compared to the ones of The Rock ( way over the top, but you could see where people were coming from), and seeing how he was getting mentored by Stone Cold, the sky was the limit.

However, since coming back from injury at Raw, he went downhill. His promos were about two minutes long, and it was just building for him saying his name. In that aspect, I do blame creative, as instead of letting him cut a god promo like they let him at SD, they just had him say his name and squash Super Crazy.

As a face...horrible. I really can't defend Kennedy here. He was acceptable before injury, but since plugging his DVD, he's just awful.

So, I do blame creative, as his run in SD, when compared to his run on Raw, can easily show how he got affected by the change of creative

taikimoto

Reaction score
As already been stated he is definitely a solid mid-card worker. ECW is better
suited for him to get over.

LKP

I don't think Kennedy was never overrated. I think it is more a case of people having seen Kennedy at his best and getting exposed to his potential, and then getting let down week after week after week, but just refusing to believe Kennedy had step down.

Seeing his feud with Taker, then Batista and then winning MITB, you couldn't deny he had talent. His promos were good (because he was given 10 minutes to elaborate, THEN he said his name), and his matches were awesome. In that notion, he was so good, that his mic skills were starting to get compared to the ones of The Rock ( way over the top, but you could see where people were coming from), and seeing how he was getting mentored by Stone Cold, the sky was the limit.

However, since coming back from injury at Raw, he went downhill. His promos were about two minutes long, and it was just building for him saying his name. In that aspect, I do blame creative, as instead of letting him cut a god promo like they let him at SD, they just had him say his name and squash Super Crazy.

As a face...horrible. I really can't defend Kennedy here. He was acceptable before injury, but since plugging his DVD, he's just awful.

So, I do blame creative, as his run in SD, when compared to his run on Raw, can easily show how he got affected by the change of creative

You said it the way i feel about it. Im not saying hes the next rock or hes shit i like Kennedy. And i think he can get better. People slagging him off are a little bit to harsh on him. If they read your post man most should agree with us.

Qwake

I hope Kennedy lasts atleast a year without any injuries, that would be good for him as it would give him time to get over like he once was and maybe even more over. Good that he's returning. His heel SD run was awesome, him going to RAW sucked imo because he was just out of Main Event reach and then they threw him to the huge main event group on RAW. Make him heel somehow and leave him on Smackdown.

His Undertaker feud was quite good and to the guys saying he won't be a Main Eventer technically he has been when he faced Batista for the title which was one of the best Batista matches I have seen since his Smackdown title runs (which isn't saying much).

I would like to see Kennedy Vs Christian because there in ring skills are both at the same level imo, not similar but of the same standard. Would be a good feud to for Kennedy and Christian returning and would help their WWE careers.

noumenon

In all fairness we really can't say the guy is overrated. We haven't seen him for extended enough periods of time to know whether or not he can make an impact. He was a solid midcarder IMO...better than most. I agree that he is in no way "the next Rock", however he could be something. He's been caught in a lot of lies and fucked up a few times but then again so has uhhhhh....Jeff Hardy?
If nothing happens with him this year then yeah...go ahead, call him overrated.

Moonlight Drive

Morrison, Cm Punk
what the fuck?

I suggest you watch some HBK matches from the early 90s.

Non-push? He is competing on 3 shows a week regularly.

You really are great at making things up aren't you?

Constantly saying he needs a push when he doesn't: Check *wrestles/appears on all three brands. Has titles, beats other champs cleanly, two time slammy winners, what more do you want.
Now you're just making no sense at all. He is being pushed.

Yet again, never heard anyone, including myself, say he should be Main Eventing. Maybe in a few years, but not right now.

Great One

I think you misread his post.

But yeah, does anyone else remember Kennedy's skit insulting Myspace/people who use Myspace? Myspace is for losers... like you. That's the only thing I remember from him as a heel.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Yet again, never heard anyone, including myself, say he should be Main Eventing. Maybe in a few years, but not right now.

Why would I randomly make that up? That would be stupid. You yourself may not have said it, but that doesn't change the fact that it has and still is being said. I can't go and find the post of the people that's said it on here cause when I use the search function, it just loads and loads til the screen goes white.

But there are people that say he needs to break away from the Miz so he can get his singles push, there are people that say that he needs to be pushed period. I know he's being pushed, he's being pushed hard, yet there are people who will still constantly say "he needs a push. Why aren't they pushing Morrison? Morrison's push has been long awaited." And the stuff I quoted, that wasn't me saying he's not getting pushed, I was using Sex Power's example of what "Typical Kennedy fans" think/say. As what he said can be given to almost every overrated young guy that's in WWE, just replace Kennedy's name with overrated young wrestler, in this case I used Morrison.

Moonlight Drive

I still fail to see how Morrison is overrated. He plays his part perfectly in promos & matches, athletic, has a great look and is often part of the best matches on the show, the hype he receives is deserved. Kennedy is stale and has been stale for a long time, plus his matches are downright terrible, and still people think he is ready for the Main Event. Somebody who 1) Can't put on a good match and 2) Gets injured every 2 months should not be in the Main Event picture. Also, funnily enough when people cite his good matches, they involve HBK & Undertaker. Anybody can have a good match with them involved.

"He's the next Rock~!"

"Where's his big push?"

"It's all creative's fault that he does drugs!!!"

"Just give him a 33rd chance..."

"*insert wrestler here to avert attention from Kennedy's shittiness* is no better"

1-The comparisons with Morrison to HBK are valid, comparisons with Kennedy to Rock are not.

2-Only applies to Kennedy really

3-Once again, only to Kennedy

4-Once again, only to Kennedy, as Orton, Morrison and Punk have all been brought up in this aspect. Hardly see how that applies to any young guy.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Posted by me

With Morrison it would be....

"*Insert wrestler here to avert attention from Morrison's overrated-ness* is no better" Check: *in this case Kennedy.

There's a reason I posted this ^^^ I tweaked what he said a little because what he said was aimed directly at (and only accounted for) Kennedy. And I didn't say it went for any young guy I said and I quote....

can be given to almost every overrated young guy

Moonlight Drive

But still, what you posted there hardly applies to Morrison.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
That does apply for Morrison. I said how that applied to him as it does to almost every young overrated guy. I'll even add in other guys who people think are overrated.

*Compare to a great/legend:

Morrison/HBK (you agreed with that by the way)

Kennedy/Rock or Austin

*Blaming creative for none push:

Morrison "Creative needs to get this guy off of ECW, he needs his singles push on RAW or SD"

Kennedy "Creative doesn't know what to do with him."

*Blaming someone else for holding them back:

Morrison "He needs to turn on Miz so that he can start his singles push"

Kennedy "Triple H wont lay down for him, so as long as he's champ, Kennedy will never be champ"

Punk "If he were Indy Punk his title reigns would pwn"
*Constantly saying he needs to be pushed, when he doesn't:

Morrison: He's on all three brands, has gold, beats other champs. Don't possibly see why he needs to be pushed even more

Kennedy: He's not ready for the ME scene yet people say he should be ME-ing. He's way too injury prone.

Punk: Guy lost the World title, went straight to the tag title and won that, lost that title and went straight to the IC title. And he's did nothing with all three of those belts.

I'll even add another one and say...

*In denile when they mess up or suck:

Morrison: Honestly don't think there is one.

Kennedy: him being injury prone, yet still thinks he should be in the ME right now.

Punk: He can have suck ass matches, but still get praised. His title reigns can suck, but that get's blamed on creative.

So what I'm saying is, all of this doesn't go for everyone, they can skip a step, but still most of it applies to them (them being (some) young over-rated guys) I like Morrison, the guys good, but he's still overrated, I like Kennedy, I think he's good, but he's still overrated. Morrison is a future break out star, he'll be in the ME, but now is not his time. Same goes for Punk and Kennedy as well. You may not be the one that has been saying this, that still doesn't alter the fact that it's being said about Morrison.