Justice League Movie?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
There's been rumors of a Justice League movie being in the works swirling around lately. Supposedly Christopher Nolan would be in on it if it happened, but it's depending on the success of Man of Steel. How would you guys feel about a movie if it were to happen? I, for one, would love it. It's been a real good few years for Superhero movies with Batman's and The Avenger's success, hopefully they can keep it up. I never was real into the comics, but I LOVED the Justice League TV show on cartoon network, would hope they used a lineup similar to that one. Especially a smart-ass Flash, that's a must.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Love the justice League but its better cgi animated than real life. DC sucks outside the batman franchise unlike Marvel. Superman movies and Green Lantern are prime examples of being underwhelmed by their productions

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
These rumors have been swirling around for over a year now and it seems like Warner Bros. is finally getting their heads out of their asses by taking this to Nolan. It would kind of stupid for Nolan not to take the job since they give him a shit load of money and let him do whatever the hell he wants. We all know Inception was only made because of TDKR. If Nolan and Bale were to return though it would make the ending of TDKR kind of moot. So far JL only has Batman and Superman and the next Superman could end up as bad as Green Lantern. I just kind of don't see a Justice League movie getting off the ground in the next 10 years. Also Nolan's Batman comes from a realistic world. No telling how that'll be played in a movie with Aquaman.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
From what I've read so far it sounds like WB are getting pretty damn excited about Man of Steel. It sounds like the suits are happy that Snyder has nailed it, which has probably been the biggest factor in then pushing forward with JL and getting Snyder and Nolan to run with it (strong rumours that Snyder will direct and Nolan will produce). They've also suggested they'll only be 5 JL members, Superman, Batman, Green Latern, Wonder Woman and Flash, so they're just avoiding the whole 'Aquaman problem' out right.

Their toughest job will be relating the 'Nolanverse' to this universe if they do decide to use Bale or Gordon-Levitt. One interesting fan theory I read yesterday was that you have a post credits scene in Man of Steel where we see him fly in and rescue Batman from The Bat before the bomb goes off at the end of TDKR, it was always a bit of a leap to believe he could've gotten to a safe distance before the bomb blew. I don't think they'll do that, but thought it was a nice little idea.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Get Nolan off my fucking comic book movies already, he is pulling a Michael Bay, but people seem to be blind because of a crazy ass fucking Joker that killed the actor.

Start fresh with the Justice League, and create spin-off solo movies afterwards. DO NOT FOLLOW MARVEL!!!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
From what I've read so far it sounds like WB are getting pretty damn excited about Man of Steel. It sounds like the suits are happy that Snyder has nailed it, which has probably been the biggest factor in then pushing forward with JL and getting Snyder and Nolan to run with it (strong rumours that Snyder will direct and Nolan will produce). They've also suggested they'll only be 5 JL members, Superman, Batman, Green Latern, Wonder Woman and Flash, so they're just avoiding the whole 'Aquaman problem' out right.

Their toughest job will be relating the 'Nolanverse' to this universe if they do decide to use Bale or Gordon-Levitt. One interesting fan theory I read yesterday was that you have a post credits scene in Man of Steel where we see him fly in and rescue Batman from The Bat before the bomb goes off at the end of TDKR, it was always a bit of a leap to believe he could've gotten to a safe distance before the bomb blew. I don't think they'll do that, but thought it was a nice little idea.

I'd mark like crazy if that actually happens, but like you said, doubt it does.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I thought Nolan did an incredible job with the Dark Knight trilogy. So I'd be completely happy if he was involved in this.

I think the real reason Green Lantern sucked to everybody(I actually enjoyed it, along with that Superman movie) is because it didn't have a strong director behind it. The movie lacked any real direction.

Also, people aren't okay with a guy that can talk to fish, but they're okay with a woman from an Amazonian planet who has an invisible jet! A man who's from a different planet, a guy who was given a ring that grants him God like powers and a dude that can run pretty much faster than the speed of sound? Realism is completely out the door when it comes to comic book related films. I'd say watch the movie before we make any judgement calls. I mean Nolan is a great director, such as Snyder. I think if both of these guys worked on the film, it could produce.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I don't think it's the realism people have a problem with. It's the fact that its fucking Aquaman lol. Justice League is just made up of a bunch of boring characters to me. I know too little to give a shit about any of them. They all seem like do gooders. its why a lot of people dont care for Captain America. Making a JL movie without establishing the characters beforehand is an idiotic move. You'd just get a bunch of time exploring the characters that no one wants to see. People want to see action and them interacting with one another.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't know man, they made Aquaman look pretty badass in that one Justice League animated film. When the original team was getting all gobbledy gooked in came Aquaman and his jobber team that quickly became a mid card stable.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I don't think it's the realism people have a problem with. It's the fact that its fucking Aquaman lol. Justice League is just made up of a bunch of boring characters to me. I know too little to give a shit about any of them. They all seem like do gooders. its why a lot of people dont care for Captain America. Making a JL movie without establishing the characters beforehand is an idiotic move. You'd just get a bunch of time exploring the characters that no one wants to see. People want to see action and them interacting with one another.

This is what makes me believe that it will be a very long time before he see a JL movie. Marvel did the right thing in establishing Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, etc before putting together an Avengers movie. Only two characters that would be established for JL as of right now are Batman and the Man of Steel. Flash's background would need to be touched on, as would Wonder Woman's and Green Lantern's(since not too many people saw the movie) You can't establish those three and try to mesh the entire league together in one movie. Each hero needs their own movie, which would take at least 5 years.

I personally don't see it being as lucrative or successful as Avengers, but it would be interesting

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I think a lot of people would really enjoy it. It would more than likely just be the fans of the comic books. But then again, if you say it's a Super Hero movie, the kids will come.

Reaction score
Get Nolan off my fucking comic book movies already, he is pulling a Michael Bay, but people seem to be blind because of a crazy ass fucking Joker that killed the actor.

Start fresh with the Justice League, and create spin-off solo movies afterwards. DO NOT FOLLOW MARVEL!!!

Sorry but noone who reads comics has a right to criticize Nolan or Bay, we contently subject ourselves to the way of Grant Morrison.

Also, Health Ledger actually portrayed the Joker correctly, very close to the comics and probably help inspire Scott Synder's New 52 Joker.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Sorry but noone who reads comics has a right to criticize Nolan or Bay, we contently subject ourselves to the way of Grant Morrison.

Also, Health Ledger actually portrayed the Joker correctly, very close to the comics and probably help inspire Scott Synder's New 52 Joker.

Morrison atleast knows and follows the rich histories of the characters he takes over, so I have no idea how you can compare him to Nolan or Bay who could care less.

Heath Ledger potrayed Victor Zsasz with clown make-up. Scott Snyder wrote a Joker who makes jokes, and whose whole plan to "kill the bat-family" was a big joke.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I thought Nolan did an incredible job with the Dark Knight trilogy. So I'd be completely happy if he was involved in this.

I think the real reason Green Lantern sucked to everybody(I actually enjoyed it, along with that Superman movie) is because it didn't have a strong director behind it. The movie lacked any real direction.

Also, people aren't okay with a guy that can talk to fish, but they're okay with a woman from an Amazonian planet who has an invisible jet! A man who's from a different planet, a guy who was given a ring that grants him God like powers and a dude that can run pretty much faster than the speed of sound? Realism is completely out the door when it comes to comic book related films. I'd say watch the movie before we make any judgement calls. I mean Nolan is a great director, such as Snyder. I think if both of these guys worked on the film, it could produce.

Island, Themyscira to be exact.