Justice League Movie?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Morrison atleast knows and follows the rich histories of the characters he takes over, so I have no idea how you can compare him to Nolan or Bay who could care less.

Nolan fucked up in the plot of the third film in terms of following how the comic book character's would have reacted but in the same vein, he's made his own version of Batman entirely. Morrison careless about characters when you look at how much fucking about he did with Batman over Final Crisis, Black Glove, Batman RIP and Batman & Robin (well Batman & Robin was his best work), and Batman INC, talk about fucking with the entire continuity, killing off Damien etc etc in Robin RIP.

Heath Ledger potrayed Victor Zsasz with clown make-up. Scott Snyder wrote a Joker who makes jokes, and whose whole plan to "kill the bat-family" was a big joke.

In that same light, then you COULD (being the operative word) you could a kind Heath Ledger's Joker to Professor Pyg a nutjob working for an organisation trying to take over Gotham by creating chaos etc, just missing the virus... Zsasz is way more scattier in his killing sprees and chooses victims at random. Who said Joker had a lack of jokes? Snyder Joker is similar in the sinister side of it all, albeit when I do read Snyder's Joker I still hear Batman Arkham City's voice actor.

On the note of a Justice League movie, it'll fail outside of Batman & Superman - there aren't simply enough good Superheroes in DC outside of the Bat-Family (by that I mean Red Hood, Nightwing, Red Robin etc. etc - not the Batman INC stuff) Hell Nolan should make a frickin' Batman INC movie, that'll be brilliant, have Grant Morrison write it too, be a match made in heaven.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Morrison killed off 1 Damien, as we have seen in some panels there is an entire room of cloned Damiens, or ofcourse there is always the Lazarus Pit which brought Jason Todd back. It didnt come as a shocker, because Morrison always planned on killing Damien after he brought him back into the continuity, much like he did with The Mutant Gang, Batman of Zur-En-Ar, etc., there are alot of subtle hints he gets his artists to do just to play on this small piece of Batman history that many fans may not have even known about. And if you want to go on about the arguement I heard in my local comic shop, Scott Snyder could not allow Joker to kill another Robin while Jason Todd was there, lets face it, Jason would have shot Joker, turned around screamed at Bruce for "allowing it to happen again" before finally putting a bullet through Bruces skull, the way Morrison executed the death of Damien was exactly the right way, defying Bruce, and fighting alongside Dick in his final moments.

If Zsasz kills at random, then what the fuck was with the murders of Penguins lawyers this week in Detective Comics? seemed rather motivated and directed to me.

Also, Nolan's Emo Batman is the worst fuck up of Batman ever, and that includes the 60's. Damien died, Bruce shed a single tear, Bruces "not really even his girlfriend" died, he spent the first half of a movie locked up in a single wing of the mansion, like Bane had already broken his back and Azreal should have been out in the Gotham nights.

And finally, the voice actor you are thinking of, is the same voice actor who lent his voice to Joker in the Batman The Animated series in the 90's, who played Cock-Knocker in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, and is probably best known for playing Luke Skywalker in Star Wars, Mark Hamill.

Reaction score
Morrison killed off 1 Damien, as we have seen in some panels there is an entire room of cloned Damiens, or ofcourse there is always the Lazarus Pit which brought Jason Todd back. It didnt come as a shocker, because Morrison always planned on killing Damien after he brought him back into the continuity, much like he did with The Mutant Gang, Batman of Zur-En-Ar, etc., there are alot of subtle hints he gets his artists to do just to play on this small piece of Batman history that many fans may not have even known about. And if you want to go on about the arguement I heard in my local comic shop, Scott Snyder could not allow Joker to kill another Robin while Jason Todd was there, lets face it, Jason would have shot Joker, turned around screamed at Bruce for "allowing it to happen again" before finally putting a bullet through Bruces skull, the way Morrison executed the death of Damien was exactly the right way, defying Bruce, and fighting alongside Dick in his final moments.

While the death of Robin was set up way back in the Batman vs. Robin arc, the execution was cool but it screws up continuity in so many ways, it doesn't fit into anything aside from his Batman INC shit; Morrison way of going about it was poor like it had to be him to do it. Scott Snyder had plans, whether he had intention of killing a member of the Bat Family is up for debate and will always be argued but we'll never know; the metaphoric death of the Family has been very cool though.

Only good bit out of the death of Damien Wayne is the reaction of the rest of the Bat-Family, particularly Nightwing which I'll be picking up this month.

If Zsasz kills at random, then what the fuck was with the murders of Penguins lawyers this week in Detective Comics? seemed rather motivated and directed to me.

Was to do with Zsasz losing his money, but one instance compared to any other time I've read Zsasz, his killing has always been apparently random and only as a vice; once have ever seen him target someone directly on purpose was Stephanie Brown.

Zsasz is very random, naturally every has an exception.

Also, Nolan's Emo Batman is the worst fuck up of Batman ever, and that includes the 60's. Damien died, Bruce shed a single tear, Bruces "not really even his girlfriend" died, he spent the first half of a movie locked up in a single wing of the mansion, like Bane had already broken his back and Azreal should have been out in the Gotham nights.

You really want to base Bruce's reaction off a single panel from Detective Comic? Batman & Robin, Batman the comic will tell the tale better than Detective Comic. Nolan's Batman was still entertaining away from the comic book continuity. Just take a look at Frank Miller's portray of Batman was pretty meh, the whole Dark Knight Return is loved by so many but it's not that Great of portrayal of Batman.

Just because it's not the main central comic book continuity doesn't make it bad, hell I prefer the way the villains are in the movie than in the comics.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Hoping that Bale doesn't go back on his word about playing Batman ever again. He said he was done. I would hate to see him "Mick Foley" his pledge like that.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Have little knowledge about Justice League, but if it has to happen, then I am pleased Nolan is involved and has creative control, but would like to see him move on.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
While the death of Robin was set up way back in the Batman vs. Robin arc, the execution was cool but it screws up continuity in so many ways, it doesn't fit into anything aside from his Batman INC shit; Morrison way of going about it was poor like it had to be him to do it. Scott Snyder had plans, whether he had intention of killing a member of the Bat Family is up for debate and will always be argued but we'll never know; the metaphoric death of the Family has been very cool though.

Only good bit out of the death of Damien Wayne is the reaction of the rest of the Bat-Family, particularly Nightwing which I'll be picking up this month.

Was to do with Zsasz losing his money, but one instance compared to any other time I've read Zsasz, his killing has always been apparently random and only as a vice; once have ever seen him target someone directly on purpose was Stephanie Brown.

Zsasz is very random, naturally every has an exception.

You really want to base Bruce's reaction off a single panel from Detective Comic? Batman & Robin, Batman the comic will tell the tale better than Detective Comic. Nolan's Batman was still entertaining away from the comic book continuity. Just take a look at Frank Miller's portray of Batman was pretty meh, the whole Dark Knight Return is loved by so many but it's not that Great of portrayal of Batman.

Just because it's not the main central comic book continuity doesn't make it bad, hell I prefer the way the villains are in the movie than in the comics.

So you like Arnold as Mr. Freeze? Tells me everything I need to know.

Morrison made it very clear before issue #1 of the New52 Batman Inc. that it was not going to be cannon to the new52, it was DC that decided to make the other writters work it into their continuity. Issue #8 is the first time Inc. crossed over to any of the other stories going on at the time, and it is because the other books will be dealing with the fallout from it, thats DC for you.

A single panel from Detective Comics? Did you already forget about the B&R Annual where Alfred & Bruce were discussing the very few times Bruce ever shed a tear? But if you think the right way to potray Batman is to make him a post Jean Grey/pre Emma Frost Cyclops, then I really think you need to learn more about the character, which is evident in the fact that you believe Frank Miller screwed up an againg & desperate Bruce who is forced to go against nearly everthing he stood for in order to save his city from not only the gangs threatening to tear it apart, but the government that employs Superman, but is doing nothing to stop the terrorists in their own backyard. It was a hell of alot better than what Bruce Timm decided to do with Bruce for that whole Batman Beyond story, who needed Amanda Waller of all people to rework Terry's DNA so he would think he was Bruces biological son.

And its called cannon, I understand that movies are rarely cannon. I also understand when & where to use other characters where they would fit the mold better.