Jurassic World Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
yeah I stand by that too :draper2 I see no reason why a guy like doddsy would bring himself to the forefront. like you agreed with my orginal point in the post you quoted my man :heston:

this is prehistoric news

And by "a guy like Doddsy" it feels like you could just say "90% of mafia players" which is where it seems weird to me. Like making general, non-meta reads on play is fine and if that's what you were doing with Doddsy I wouldn't have had a problem but then you turned it into a meta thing.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Lowery Cuthers , DNP aligned

flavor says im a tech operator of the theme park and i like puns. pun pr- vt.

barking up wrong tree fellas.

mikey damage

Reaction score
That fence doesn't look comfortable. Have you tried sitting on a chair?
Hey hank, i'm kinda thinking that fence sitting is more aligned with being town. it's hard to be precise day one without much going on, and that leads to waffling. this stance actually reassures me. if guts was scum, i would think he would try to be more 1) assertive 2) invisible.

im still reading from page 3, need to get to the part where Jeff comes into spotlight.

Reactions: Chloe B and Evans

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Yeah it was mostly bc i ISO'd his posts after Jeff asked thoughts on him, EV had just made a post saying he called a post "fence-sitting" earlier and that one caught me eye as possibly more. Guts already pointed this out and I agreed with him.

And that post which was REPEATSAURUS-like apparently was in addition to the one before it where I questioned Jeff's town read of Doddsy being meta-specific, I was elaborating that I also thought it is a general townie move but from what I've heard about Doddsy it might not be.
I actually think fence-sitting is often towny behaviour in that it shows uncertainty which is more likely to come from a town player who can't see the landscape of a game like scum can.

I just find it a little odd that you seem to be joining in on Evans suspicion of that behavior while clearly doing it yourself lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
And by "a guy like Doddsy" it feels like you could just say "90% of mafia players" which is where it seems weird to me. Like making general, non-meta reads on play is fine and if that's what you were doing with Doddsy I wouldn't have had a problem but then you turned it into a meta thing.

sure. doesnt make it any less true now does it. a guy like doddsy aka a non-shit mafia player. trex happy now?

Guts

Reaction score
Hmmm I haven’t really minded Jeff’s posts but not sure I’m a massive fan of the chris vote

do you dislike the vote itself/reasons given or are you reading chris town? or both?

I'm not convinced by either of them although safe to say they're probably not both mafia. that said i can't think of anywhere better to leave my vote atm so i'm down

unvote
vote jeff

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Who is Guts? (Hello guts)

I second this question.

also sup Pal-o-sauruses?

vote flay

latest

(hello odo)

is there much precedent for mafia double voters here?

@Guts I mustache-sk you if have you played with any of us before or a legit fresh shaved new face?

perhaps a few of you. i prefer the fresh shaved new face look though

why do you think it's towny to soft claim what it appears doddsy is soft claiming? i'd say it benefits mafia more to get that kind of info

This reminds me of when Poyser pretended to be new.

In case you’re not, DVs can definitely be mafia.

And soft claiming can sometimes be useful when you need to claim later and want people to know it wasn’t faked later or what have you.

As for mafia, they wouldn’t need to soft their stuff to each other unless they got a good fake.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
do you dislike the vote itself/reasons given or are you reading chris town? or both?

I'm not convinced by either of them although safe to say they're probably not both mafia. that said i can't think of anywhere better to leave my vote atm so i'm down

unvote
vote jeff
You're down to lynch Jeff like a quarter of the way into the phase rather than doing other things? :deandre

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I actually think fence-sitting is often towny behaviour in that it shows uncertainty which is more likely to come from a town player who can't see the landscape of a game like scum can.

I just find it a little odd that you seem to be joining in on Evans suspicion of that behavior while clearly doing it yourself lol

I wasn't as much suspicious as I was just agreeing it was happening bc it was just mentioned and I happened to be ISO-ing Guts posts.

I think I'm accused of fence-sitting every game when I'm town so I also agree with it being more of a towny thing especially D1 when there isn't as much to go off of.

Reactions: RDK

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Whilst I understand why Jeff is saying this makes you look town, I understand that you're not someone to underestimate and can be rather devious when it comes to WIFOM.

Not to mention that literally two games ago, I held a role where I could cause a day-phase skip as scum if I hammered 3 people in a row. @Jeff Valley Driver did your game have similar from what I can remember? Or some form of activated role once conditions are met?

It's a curious one as fishing for more info isn't helpful for town at all here but a soft for something we've seen recently hurt town quite significantly is curious indeed.

Good point. :bootynods

Kinda bullshit reward for someone that had to hammer.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
So you're implying it's not towny to soft that role because it benefits mafia to find out that info?

Surely they'd already have the info if Doddsy is scum, no?

EV and I on the same page thus far.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You're making the assumption that my vote is a joke here.

From my pov there's only two reasons for Doddsy to hint/soft this early. 1 ) his role is helpful to town and he wants to ensure he gets to use it (or the reverse, hes an actor or hammerer or some shit and can only hammer) . 2 - setup his fake super early

Now obviously there's room for 2 to be possible, but I personally don't see Doddsy putting any sort of corsshairs on himself as scum this early in the game. Doesn't seem super valuable unless there's a jurrasic con at play here. which we have no evidence of obviously. Therefor , my conclusion is that it's more likely a towny move than a scum move.

A vote on post 16 isn’t a joke?

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Hey hank, i'm kinda thinking that fence sitting is more aligned with being town. it's hard to be precise day one without much going on, and that leads to waffling. this stance actually reassures me. if guts was scum, i would think he would try to be more 1) assertive 2) invisible.

im still reading from page 3, need to get to the part where Jeff comes into spotlight.

This is a fair point and something I'm getting on board with actually.

i'm saying i don't read into it one way or the other. doesn't seem to be a tell at all to me.

if he's mafia he's just claiming a real role or soft claiming a fake. benefit being maybe people don't worry about him for a little while. if he's town he's just giving out kinda needless info but then i may have the wrong idea on what he's soft claiming so maybe i'm being too tough on him

What made it feel like fence sitting for me was the last paragraph. Just felt like he was trying to sell me the neutrality as opposed to it being his opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.