Jonathan Gresham has asked for his AEW/ROH release

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

A story of attempting to talk to wrestling fans lmao

Fwiw i only think not talling to Gresham is an issye. Idgaf if tk ghosts jobbers

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I agree and that’s my point.

Gresham I feel acted out in frustration that Claudio got hired and was immediately booked to dethrone him. He probably wouldn’t have been as upset if asked to drop the belt to someone from ROH last year, but this shows in his mind how little Tony thinks he can build a brand on him to have to bring in an “outsider” for lack of a better for it.

That’s what I’m saying. I don’t feel he got frustrated at Tony until he was told Claudio is going over. And maybe even with the match itself. The tag team match has build and stakes. His match felt like a throwaway weekly television title defense.
Claudio is an roh guy 1st tho...he needs to get over himself if the reason hes mad is he had to lay down for a vet. Claudio going over was 100% the right call.

If he was annoyed at the tully wtf stuff n his random heel turn on aew n the bad booking leading up to it, im all ears n hed have a point. But he doesnt get to choose who he drops the belt to thats not how that works.

Reactions: Stellar

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I agree and that’s my point.

Gresham I feel acted out in frustration that Claudio got hired and was immediately booked to dethrone him. He probably wouldn’t have been as upset if asked to drop the belt to someone from ROH last year, but this shows in his mind how little Tony thinks he can build a brand on him to have to bring in an “outsider” for lack of a better for it.

That’s what I’m saying. I don’t feel he got frustrated at Tony until he was told Claudio is going over. And maybe even with the match itself. The tag team match has build and stakes. His match felt like a throwaway weekly television title defense.

I mean if it is over losing the match I feel less bad for him. Whilst talented and not to blame for ROH going down, Claudio is a much bigger name and will draw more people to a new brand. I agree with TK booking Gresham to lose (plus the guy had the belt for 200 plus days) but Gresham was booked very poorly otherwise

Reactions: Stellar

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Gresham wasnt really holdimg anything down thougb Smark, the company died under him and he didnt really draw. I love Gresham n rate him high, but theres a reason tge whole arena was screaming for Claudio n Gresham came out to murmurs in AEW. I agree TK has to promote him better, 100%. But hes also trying to sell a product to tv atm, n yea, Claudio is a much more attractive package as your ace. Fucking sucks fkr Gresham no doubt but he could also ykno...go put on a clinic n show everyone why tk is wrong. But he didnt last night
I don’t disagree with this. It’s just the randomness of putting the belt on the new guy you just signed. To him it felt like you don’t see anything in me if you just want to fan service the Cesaro should be world champion crowd that have been saying that for years etc.

Even if Tony wanted it to be Cesaro. Build that match up longer on television and maybe do the switch in September or October.

I also don’t think it’s fair to say it died under him. He didn’t win the belt until the original owner’s final show at Final Battle, but I agree he wasn’t drawing interest in the interim.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
But ya, its a tough argument w no roh tv show. 3 hours to cram 2 companies (3 at FD) is impossible. Tk been booking roh pretty on the fly so im not shocked someome got that pissed.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
He deactivated his Twitter account.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Claudio is an roh guy 1st tho...he needs to get over himself if the reason hes mad is he had to lay down for a vet. Claudio going over was 100% the right call.

If he was annoyed at the tully wtf stuff n his random heel turn on aew n the bad booking leading up to it, im all ears n hed have a point. But he doesnt get to choose who he drops the belt to thats not how that works.
Originally, yeah, but he’s been a WWE guy for a decade now. I think anyway. He debuted sometime by 2012 I believe. I also agree Claudio was the right call.

I just get why he’s frustrated. I’m hoping he calms down and realizes he’s being overdramatic and Tony can fill him in on what the plans are for him.

I also agree he doesn’t get to control his booking, but I’d also liken it Sasha. Sometimes the passion for what you’re doing and how you feel you’re being used or where the brand is going overrides your logic.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don’t disagree with this. It’s just the randomness of putting the belt on the new guy you just signed. To him it felt like you don’t see anything in me if you just want to fan service the Cesaro should be world champion crowd that have been saying that for years etc.

Even if Tony wanted it to be Cesaro. Build that match up longer on television and maybe do the switch in September or October.

I also don’t think it’s fair to say it died under him. He didn’t win the belt until the original owner’s final show at Final Battle, but I agree he wasn’t drawing interest in the interim.
I agree its random . But also no tv so i think context still matters.i think they should have built it up way btr but...i have a suspicion bryan going down forced claudio into bcc early. I have no proof but it would track timeline wise w what tk said at FD presser. So the built got sacrificed for blood n guts. Which ya i could see that sucking for gresham but from aew perspective they needed to plug a hole for a ppv.

All that said I still think hes over reacting n that tk was interested at pushing him. Just roh gonna b a bigger pond, so hes not the big fish by default

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Originally, yeah, but he’s been a WWE guy for a decade now. I think anyway. He debuted sometime by 2012 I believe. I also agree Claudio was the right call.

I just get why he’s frustrated. I’m hoping he calms down and realizes he’s being overdramatic and Tony can fill him in on what the plans are for him.

I also agree he doesn’t get to control his booking, but I’d also liken it Sasha. Sometimes the passion for what you’re doing and how you feel you’re being used or where the brand is going overrides your logic.
I get u.

Id say w sasha she has years pent up so slightly different context, but same principle. I doubt tk holds him hostage tho

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
End of the day it won’t effect ROH/AEW at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
He wants out, let him out. Hopefully he gets his head on straight and figures out what his next move is.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Booty is right, Gresham rules but they'll just keep going. They have lots of young technical wrestlers

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Fucking wild they had a booking disagreement with Gresham before RUSH :heston

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Booty is right, Gresham rules but they'll just keep going. They have lots of young technical wrestlers
For sure. Only the hardcore ROH fans know who he was. I only got until into him because if people here praising him last year.

If he’s not too jaded, Impact would know what to do with him and they’ve become a home for OG ROH.

Imagine if he joins Honor No More?