Jonathan Gresham has asked for his AEW/ROH release

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I wish wrestlers would go back in time where their rating/ranking didn't matter and they just wanted to put on a good show
can't disagree with you there. I think our friend Ospreay fell into this trap (tho i love his matches anyways lol)

but yeah, if Gresham said that, a bit of a yikes lol

Reactions: Alexa

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I feel for him though still, obviously he was very upset and not in a good space when he lashed out. I'm still holding out for reconciliation, as I still think he's a great wrestler and asset

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
can't disagree with you there. I think our friend Ospreay fell into this trap (tho i love his matches anyways lol)

but yeah, if Gresham said that, a bit of a yikes lol
Yeah, most wrestlers fall into it, or at least the popular ones like Will, Kenny, the bucks, Gresham, apparently, and some more. Just really stupid to me.

If he did say that and I was TK i would have looked at him and been like "Okay? And? What is your point?"

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I feel for him though still, obviously he was very upset and not in a good space when he lashed out. I'm still holding out for reconciliation, as I still think he's a great wrestler and asset
No doubt about Johnathan being a great talent, but I think he suffers from having a napoleon complex.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
No doubt about Johnathan being a great talent, but I think he suffers from having a napoleon complex.
yeah probably through not fault of his own, im sure its fucking annoying being told you're not tall enough your whole life.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
i feel for him. probably got slapped by a different vision after being one of the key men in carrying ROH for the last few years.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
i feel for him. probably got slapped by a different vision after being one of the key men in carrying ROH for the last few years.
yeah this too. I dont think anyone is in the "wrong" for that either. Gresham spent 3 years getting built up from the pure division to the world title. It's clear Tony likes him but doesn't have the same vision

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Like i said in the past - and its not a criticism of TK. He bought ROH for what it used to be back in the day - not what it was when he bought it. dont think some of the ROH will ever be happy about that fact. Booty was right though - it is WWE's ECW. but none of the originals were pleased either

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Like i said in the past - and its not a criticism of TK. He bought ROH for what it used to be back in the day - not what it was when he bought it. dont think some of the ROH will ever be happy about that fact. Booty was right though - it is WWE's ECW. but none of the originals were pleased either
that's a totally fair comparison agreed. I think TK has shown he's an obvious mark of ROH early days, and probably didn't watch much of the new platform. He's using Josh Woods and had Gresh but other than that, he's been more interested in the nostalgia acts it seems. As I said above, I completely understand Gresham's frustrations, he got a raw deal here. Don't think it was the right play to cuss out Tony, but I can relate to his passion, and I don't think he's a bad guy for it. I really do hope maybe he and TK can sit down again when calm, and figure maybe some middle ground where both ppl would feel good and Gresh would feel respected. Because I really do think TK thinks he's a good talent, just not FOTC good. Hard pill to swallow though for Gresh, I get it man.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
And like, side note, Id really still like to see Gresham Danielson

edit: and it's kind of ironic as Gresham being a BCC prospect and getting more violent would be...really good stuff

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Tbh I don't really have an issue with him cussing out Tony bc I think that's not a bad way to get your point across to the guy the more I see of him at the same time:lol it seems most of this report is coming out simply bc they were yelling so loud but both agreed to keep it private after so even if they're hot with each other, they've already re-established some form of professionalism.

Unless there was a second blow up after the title match and not just before, I'm a little fuzzy on whats been reported

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Tbh I don't really have an issue with him cussing out Tony bc I think that's not a bad way to get your point across to the guy the more I see of him at the same time:lol it seems most of this report is coming out simply bc they were yelling so loud but both agreed to keep it private after so even if they're hot with each other, they've already re-established some form of professionalism.

Unless there was a second blow up after the title match and not just before, I'm a little fuzzy on whats been reported
nah there hasnt been much other than "I heard he said this" and you are right, from what I heard and read from SRS, it wasnt TK or Gresh that got this out in the public, is that everyone from talent to building security heard them yelling lol. TK also said he was happy with the match and put Gresh over as being professional so ya I don't think there's anything more to it. no official release either so I'd say that's a good sign?

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
yeah probably through not fault of his own, im sure its fucking annoying being told you're not tall enough your whole life.
I won't disagree with that, but times have changed and smaller dudes being champions is accepted, Byran being a prime example. But I still think his biggest problem is he has a Napoleon Complex and believes he should the biggest star there is and believes "since I 'carried' RoH then fuck you, you owe me." I will stand by the fact Claudio winning was a good idea and the right cool, and if Gresham didn't get pissy or become a self-mark for himself than he could have joined BCC and be on a "bigger" stage per say. I do actually hope Gresham returns and learns to have thicker skin and not take shit to heart because he is talented and it'll be a shame for it to be wasted.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I won't disagree with that, but times have changed and smaller dudes being champions is accepted, Byran being a prime example. But I still think his biggest problem is he has a Napoleon Complex and believes he should the biggest star there is and believes "since I 'carried' RoH then fuck you, you owe me." I will stand by the fact Claudio winning was a good idea and the right cool, and if Gresham didn't get pissy or become a self-mark for himself than he could have joined BCC and be on a "bigger" stage per say. I do actually hope Gresham returns and learns to have thicker skin and not take shit to heart because he is talented and it'll be a shame for it to be wasted.
I agree with all that but I do think people don't realize how short he is. Bryan is 5'8 , Gresham in 5'4. That being said, I agree with you with your other points. TK does not owe him shit, he wasn't running ROH and not the competition and his peers are much higher caliber. prove it. I get that's not what he wanted to hear but that's just reality. He's not getting a bigger push on a bigger platform imo either.

Reactions: Alexa