John Cena vs AJ Styles debate.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
John Cena was hot as fuck. He was extremely over and had been in the company for around 2 years at that point. They pulled the trigger at just the right moment.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Cena was in WWE for a while then won the belt. As much as I love styles, he needs to be around a little longer then win it. Styles is "bland" in some ways. But I like that he's simple, to the point, and kicks ass in the ring. He needs his finisher changed though.

Reigns is bland and garbage. That's a fact. Styles is better than that shit. Cena as of now should be champion over styles. Give styles another year, and I think he would be fine.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I think the plan is... not to further this "off-topic".. but Reigns beats AJ to just piss the fans off even more. It would be hilarious.
Vince wouod do this because he's a fucking egotistical dick at the end of the day.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Cena had a long road before coming WWE champ. Even before the Wrestlemania he won it, he wrestled the Big Show and had a US title run to build him. John Cena Dr. Of Thuganomics was one of the biggest things on Smackdown, he was definitely over with the crowd.

AJ has had a long succesful career outside WWE, but his time in WWE is pretty short for them to make him Champion already. That still doesn't mean he isn't qualified. Aj is 1 of the most qualified guys on the roster to hold the title, despite him not being there for awhile

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
I do not think you can compare the two both men are in different vein. Cena has the edge on charisma and mic skills by a million miles and AJ is a exceptional ring talent with beautiful technique, a German suplex looks the business if he executes it compared to that of Cena and can tell a better story. Cena is no sloch though in the ring when the big match comes along a la punk and Bryan, he can tell a good story and bust out a move he has not done before despite his technical defectives.

Aj can produce a good promo from time to time but his all round charisma is lacking. someone like Nakamura is a master in this, his mannerisms and facial expressions

Reactions: edge4ever
Reaction score
I do not think you can compare the two both men are in different vein. Cena has the edge on charisma and mic skills by a million miles and AJ is a exceptional ring talent with beautiful technique, a German suplex looks the business if he executes it compared to that of Cena and can tell a better story. Cena is no sloch though in the ring when the big match comes along a la punk and Bryan, he can tell a good story and bust out a move he has not done before despite his technical defectives.

Aj can produce a good promo from time to time but his all round charisma is lacking. someone like Nakamura is a master in this, his mannerisms and facial expressions

AJ Styles has more charisma than John Cena have in his whole Wrestling career. I think you just don't like Styles that's it. To you it's like have an other Cena but better Cena in AJ Styles.
:p

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Tonight at Church. I ask a kid who also an WWE Fan about AJ Styles. He said, "It's to Soon for AJ Styles to get the belt."
I replied, "That's how we felt about John Cena."

He raise his arms and a shrug in the gesture of okay. You got me there.

Ok.

For the record, they didn't give John Cena the belt too early. They pulled the trigger on him at the perfect moment. He spent over a year in the midcard as a heel, then he spent over a year in the midcard as a face and became so hot with the fans to the point where he already had 7 out of the top 10 best-selling merchandise items in all of WWE by the end of 2004. Then he became the man to finally dethrone JBL of the WWE Championship after JBL had made it through every other serious contender on Smackdown.

AJ Styles is cool, but obviously he should be nowhere near the belt at the moment. This match is just a way to showcase Styles and get him more over by having him give the WWE Champion a real test, plus it might be a way to get Jericho involved so that they book a triple-threat match between the three of them for Payback.

Reactions: Swift
Reaction score
Ok.

For the record, they didn't give John Cena the belt too early. They pulled the trigger on him at the perfect moment. He spent over a year in the midcard as a heel, then he spent over a year in the midcard as a face and became so hot with the fans to the point where he already had 7 out of the top 10 best-selling merchandise items in all of WWE by the end of 2004. Then he became the man to finally dethrone JBL of the WWE Championship after JBL had made it through every other serious contender on Smackdown.

AJ Styles is cool, but obviously he should be nowhere near the belt at the moment. This match is just a way to showcase Styles and get him more over by having him give the WWE Champion a real test, plus it might be a way to get Jericho involved so that they book a triple-threat match between the three of them for Payback.

To me they did. Least this image of Cena looks more like Wrestler:
9ae6bab0e904215ee02eb8b71d1001bb88ea593c_hq.jpg
(If he kept that when He wrestles. I probably won't mind. )

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
interesting note; cena appears as a cameo in ready to rumble (prototype persona), lol anyways cena is poster for the era, styles is an outsider but both are very different, but hey who am I to judge.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am no fan of John Cena, but I have gained a very grudging respect for him. But they gave him the belt at the absolute perfect time. They developed Cena the way that a champion should be developed.

Cena came in hot, had his heel run, turned face and won the US Title at Wrestlemania 20. Cena had, in my opinion, a great run with the US title. He had some good matches against Jesus and Carlito and I was actually enjoying him. Conversely, while Cena was feuding over the US title, JBL had what I consider an awesome heel run as the WWE Champion. WWE built Cena up as the hero while they built JBL up as the cowardly heel who survives every encounter, usually through luck. It was very similar to the Honky Tonk Man's IC run.

JBL's run and Cena's run developed separately over the year and culminated at the perfect moment, one year after Cena beat the Big Show for the US title. It ended the way it had to, with Cena winning the belt.

WWE definitely took their time and developed Cena the correct way. Now, a lot of what Cena did after he got the belt was complete crap, but there's no way he got the belt too soon. WWE patiently developed him in a way they haven't really duplicated since.

Reaction score
I am no fan of John Cena, but I have gained a very grudging respect for him. But they gave him the belt at the absolute perfect time. They developed Cena the way that a champion should be developed.

Cena came in hot, had his heel run, turned face and won the US Title at Wrestlemania 20. Cena had, in my opinion, a great run with the US title. He had some good matches against Jesus and Carlito and I was actually enjoying him. Conversely, while Cena was feuding over the US title, JBL had what I consider an awesome heel run as the WWE Champion. WWE built Cena up as the hero while they built JBL up as the cowardly heel who survives every encounter, usually through luck. It was very similar to the Honky Tonk Man's IC run.

JBL's run and Cena's run developed separately over the year and culminated at the perfect moment, one year after Cena beat the Big Show for the US title. It ended the way it had to, with Cena winning the belt.

WWE definitely took their time and developed Cena the correct way. Now, a lot of what Cena did after he got the belt was complete crap, but there's no way he got the belt too soon. WWE patiently developed him in a way they haven't really duplicated since.

What do you think WWE would do to Styles since he was a WCW Guy?