John Cena is the best wrestler today

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

*blinks*

*looks at post again*

*rubs eyes*

*looks at post again*

Ok I don't know if you're being serious or not but...what?! Cena better than Flair? Really? I don't recall Cena ever taking a barely above no name wrestler and taking him to a 45 minute draw and catapulting said wrestler into the stratosphere like Flair did with Sting. I don't remember Cena ever pulling a great match out of a mediocre wrestler. I don't recall Cena ever having any five star matches.

Cena made The Great Khali look good. Nuff said. Cena has had great matches with HBK, HHH, Orton, Umaga, Angle, and Edge just to name a few. Five star matches are in the eye of the beholder. In my eyes he has had at least three 5 star matches. His in ring work carried the WWE in 2006 and 2007. Before his string of serious injuries, Cena was arguable the best in ring worker in the WWE.

CenaMark54

Well that depends. I mean, nobody can slap on a headlock like Orton can.

Say what you want about Orton's headlocks, but his ring psychology is the best in the world right now. When he has an opponent in a headlock, his eyes tell a better story than 1000 flippy moves or people running all over the ring. Not to mention, he applies it so well that it legitimately looks like he is going to rip someones head off.

Also, Orton makes simple moves like a stomp or a knee drop look more devastating than half the finishers wrestlers use.

Not to mention, he makes everyone look like a god thanks to his A+ selling.

ratedrko09

Reaction score
cmon i can predict his moves blindfolded. and his promos are getting stale. I agree that orton is much better

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
You're wrong in that. Just because John Cena brings in the more money doesn't mean he is the man who provides more entertainment. In his case, it just means that the specific demograph he appeals invests more money into the WWE.

And again, you've got it all wrong. That's indeed what wrestling is all about...if you are the booker or the businessman behind all of it. You're a fan, you get no profit whatsoever, so when you are judging wrestling, things as bringing in money shouldn't be the prime aspect to check. If you were Vince McMahon, your logic would be correct, but as a fan, it doesn't.

See it like this, David Beckham brought to the LA Galaxy a shit load of money and a shitload of fans, does that make him the best soccer player in the MLS?

The best wrestler today is John Morrison and will be proven so within six months. His ringcraft is unparalled in combination with his strength and rapidly improving mic skills. He may be the best looking dude to enter the ring since Magnum TA. With this kind of package we may be looking at a future Flair or Michaels.

As for Cena, he appeals to little kids and their parents. He has 2 or 3 moves. He's just a good wrestler, not a great one, and his matches are predictable. If Summerslam features a simple Cena v Orton, I hope Orton, who is an immeasurably better wrestler keeps the title so that Batista can take it off him on the next PPV. Better yet, let Batista fight in a caste and win with one arm. He's that much better than Cena and far more exciting.

Now watch while The Rated R CM Star appears out of nowhere and disses my post.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Nobody will diss your post because you give props to Orton. And it's a cardinal sin to diss Orton or Edge on the internet. lol.

While on that note, they both suck. :)

Wrestling Station

The best wrestler today is John Morrison and will be proven so within six months. His ringcraft is unparalled in combination with his strength and rapidly improving mic skills. He may be the best looking dude to enter the ring since Magnum TA. With this kind of package we may be looking at a future Flair or Michaels.

As for Cena, he appeals to little kids and their parents. He has 2 or 3 moves. He's just a good wrestler, not a great one, and his matches are predictable. If Summerslam features a simple Cena v Orton, I hope Orton, who is an immeasurably better wrestler keeps the title so that Batista can take it off him on the next PPV. Better yet, let Batista fight in a caste and win with one arm. He's that much better than Cena and far more exciting.

Praising Batista will always be a :y: in my books

Kaedon

Reaction score
So? Flair made El Gigante (Giant Gonzales) look decent too and I`m pretty sure that was a far greater feat than making Khali look good.

They are equivalent imo...

Evil Austin

El Gigante could wrestle better then Khali to be honest, Khali has trouble standing up right with his bad knees. Gigante would at least be able to do a drop kick.

Edit: This doesn't mean that Cena made a better feat then Flair or Flair > Cena, I am just saying that i think Gonzalez > Khali
And lol at the similarities, both of them debuted in the WWE attacking and destroying Taker.... and other things.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
They are equivalent imo...

Trust me on this one. Khali is ten times more capable and watchable than Gigante. Gigante was a basketball player for the Hawks who sucked balls so Turner decided `Hey, he`s tall, he`d make a great pro wrestler!`

the dark knight

^^are you seriously trying to prove flair's better than cena? to even put cena on flair's level is an insult, there's no comparison.

Evil Austin

I would like to emphasize my post above and once again say that I think that Gonzalez is a world better then Khali, Khali can't stand straight with his posture with his bad knees in his WHC title run prime, he could barely lift his leg up for a big boot while he didn't have to stretch and lift it up far as he is obviously a big man.

While Gonzalez can jump, heck I have seen a match where he goes to the top rope, he could do a dropkick while Khali would have a heart attack doing it.

The Rated R CMStar

Like you just did?

Oh, and I just find it funny that you consider Kofi Kingston an acrobat...yet find John Morrison the best wrestler today, and you bash Cena for having only two moves (the actual bashing argument would be five), yet you give props to Batista.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
Who betta than Cena?

1. Morrison
2. Orton
3. HHH
4. Jeff Hardy
5. CM Punk
6. Jericho
7. HBK
8. Angle
9. Joe
10. Batista
11. Dibiase
12. Nash
13. Mickie James
14. MVP
15. Jack Swagger
16. Sting
17. Foley
18. Both members of Beer Money
19. Dolph Ziggler
20. Mysterio
21. Suicide
22. Booker T.
23. AJ Styles
24. Mark Henry
25. The remains of Brian Pillman, Mr Perfect, Hawk, Owen Hart, Eddie, Rick Rude and any dead wrestler I may have forgotten.