John Cena is the best wrestler today

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Hold on, so the fans that are willingly handing over their hard earned money are doing so to not be entertained?

No, what I am saying is that John Cena appeals more to kids and women, which are more likely to spend their money in merchandise, whether other demographic group, like 30 year old men, might enjoy the shows more and be more entertained, but they don't buy merchandise.

By the logic that the fact that John Cena brings in more money than anybody else and therefore he's the most entertaining, then NO HEEL could be consider entertaining, as practically nobody (I would dare to say only the smark community), would buy a Y2J or Randy Orton or Edge T-shirt, but that doesn't mean they aren't entertaining.

Cena has great story telling, in-ring phychology, work rate, selling, and charisma. Out of the ring he has great promo ability

Even though he is great in all of that, he is not the best in most of those aspects.

Firstly, piss bucket comparison. You can't compare that, much like movies. Are you not comprhending that the best wrestler is the most entertianing? I said IF you discuss the best, the best would be the most entertaining - got it?

Btw, thanks for not spamming the thread with flames and debating correctly.

1) The best wrestling is indeed the most entertaining. The thing is, you are measuring your entertainment with how much money the wrestler generates to the company.

2) It's the same comparison. Soccer in the end is a business, it's about money, so, for the team owner, his best player has to be the guy who generates him the most money.

Nobody4rap

Reaction score
No, what I am saying is that John Cena appeals more to kids and women, which are more likely to spend their money in merchandise, whether other demographic group, like 30 year old men, might enjoy the shows more and be more entertained, but they don't buy merchandise.

Merchandise isn't even a large part of it, ticket sales, house show attendance, and ratings are. And, when Cena was in the main event, ratings, HS attendance, and ticket sales increased greatly. Does that not indicate that the fans are paying money becasue they like Cena and know he'll entertain them?

By the logic that the fact that John Cena brings in more money than anybody else and therefore he's the most entertaining, then NO HEEL could be consider entertaining, as practically nobody (I would dare to say only the smark community), would buy a Y2J or Randy Orton or Edge T-shirt, but that doesn't mean they aren't entertaining.

You're wrong. A heel can be as big of a draw as a face. People can pay money to hate a wrestler as well as like them. Secondly, merchandise shouldn't be brought up, as it is not relevent.

1) The best wrestling is indeed the most entertaining. The thing is, you are measuring your entertainment with how much money the wrestler generates to the company.

2) It's the same comparison. Soccer in the end is a business, it's about money, so, for the team owner, his best player has to be the guy who generates him the most money.

Great, so admittedly, the best wrestler is the most entertaining. And, to determine how entertaining a wrestler is, we look at ratings, ppv sales, live attendance amount, and ticket sales. Cena drastically moved all those things up, meaning the fans thought he was entertaining. Are you getting this?

Basically:
Fans turning over their money to watch a wrestler is directly proportional to the entertainment value of the wrestler.

Also, rather it's female or children fans it doesn't matter. They are still being brought in and entertained.

Reaction score
No, determining how good a wrestler is and determining how good a film is is not a valid comparison. With a film, an audience does not know what he or she is getting, they just go by what they deem interesting through commercials and advertisments. They may or may not like and be entertained the movie.

Whereas with professional wrestling, the draw is the most entertaining. Fans turning over their money to watch a wrestler is directly proportional to the entertainment value of the wrestler. The fans wouldn't give over their money on a consistent basis to not be enetertained. And, since wrestling is purely about entertainment, then the draw (in this case, Cena) is the best.

See the difference?

The point of a movie is just the same. A studio produces a movie to make a profit. It being entertaining is all in the eye of the viewer. Who is to say Cena is more entertaining than anyone just because he's a top draw? Rey Mysertio sold more merchandise than him from 2005-2007, had to work Raw house shows that were headlined by Cena in California to sell more tickets while he was on SD! and SD! outdraws Raw in nearly every large latino outlet. The latinos are WWE's largest viewer constituency but don't have the disposable income that Cena's fanbase does to spend on PPVs. So calling Cena WWE's top draw, let alone most entertaining is highly debatable. Being a draw is being a draw, being the most entertaining is a matter of opinion, and to judge entertainment value based on draw is way to narrow sighted.

On a side note, I think I read somewhere the top draw in the entire biz is technically Mistico. Guy works like 600 dates a year to good houses all across Mexico. I don't know, but I have seen plenty of this guys work and he is certainly worth checking out.

Back on topic, Cena is probably the second best in the E the way I see it. Being a top draw is nice, but is not what makes a wrestler the best wrestler. I'd take Cena right behind HBK with Cena going second, Taker third then punk ass Hunter.

MikeRaw

Mike Raw, while I largely agree, you can't say the only good quality Cena has is work ethic. How about the deeper aspects of pro-wrestling? Cena has great story telling, in-ring phychology, work rate, selling, and charisma. Out of the ring he has great promo ability.

Of course he does, but are you gonna try to tell me Orton, Jericho, Edge, HBK, and hell, even Triple H, don't?
I'd put Cena probably 3rd in terms of his overall ability. I'd say HBK, Jericho, and (possibly) Edge are better all around than him.
I sitll don't have much time for peopel who bash Cena, because it's usually stupid, and pointless, but I wouldn't say he's the best.

Nobody4rap

Reaction score
Who is to say Cena is more entertaining than anyone just because he's a top draw?

He is the biggest draw, therefore entertaining to more people. So yea, he is the most entertaining.

Side note: Eceryone Just be objective once, and take off the smark goggles that's clouding your jugement and rationale. You'll surely enjoy the product a lot more, trust me.

Back on topic, Cena is probably the second best in the E the way I see it. Being a top draw is nice, but is not what makes a wrestler the best wrestler.

Look at this objectively - not who YOU like. If you do, you'll find that Cena is the best wrestler.

seX-Power

Being the best wrestler is different to being the most marketable wrestler.

Nobody4rap

Reaction score
I sitll don't have much time for peopel who bash Cena, because it's usually stupid, and pointless, but I wouldn't say he's the best.

But, he is the best. Look up objectivity, then look at this (Found this else where, and it sums up everything I have been saying):

1) A wrestler is hired to entertain fans in order to make fans turn over their money to the promoter. His job is to entertain fans to make the promoter money.

Thus...

1a) The more fans a wrestler gets to give their money away, the better the wrestler is at doing his job.

2) Fans turning over their money to watch a wrestler is directly proportional to the entertainment value of the wrestler.

Thus...

2b) The more entertaining a wrestler is, the more fans will pay to see him.

Which leads us to our final conclusion...

3) The best wrestler is the one who does his job of entertaining fans so they will turn over their money to the promoter better than any other wrestler in the business.

Nobody4rap

Reaction score
Being the best wrestler is different to being the most marketable wrestler.

Peopel pay to see Cena because he is great in all the following attributes of what makes a wrestler good, not him being a product of the WWE "market machine":

1. Storytelling
2. Psychology
3. Workrate
4. Selling
5. Charisma

Nobody4rap

Reaction score
I can go out, do a bunch of arm drags and suplexes in my yard, and the IWC would claim I am a better wrestler than Cena. That's just ridiculous.

seX-Power

I can go out, do a bunch of arm drags and suplexes in my yard, and the IWC would claim I am a better wrestler than Cena. That's just ridiculous.

What the fuck are you talking about? I could swear you were trying to prove something here...

The Rated R CMStar

This really is going nowhere. You can't judge who is the most entertaining by the amount of money it makes. You are not a promoter, you shouldn't be caring about that.

Besides, if you really want to point money, there are a lot of flaws in your entire argument. You keep saying Cena lifts ratings, buyrates, etc...then again, if you look at ratings, the highest rated segments in the last couple of years have nothing to do with Cena, and his so hyped returned to Survivor Series did nothing for the buyrate. And I would really want to check those attendance records with which you claim that Cena being there have raised them.

Kids and women? Yeah, Cena might be the person who generates the most money from to the WWE (and according to your logic, is the most entertaining to). But how about if you talk about the general picture? Rey Mysterio is more entertaining than Cena, as he generates more money from the latinos than Cena does. Likewise Hardy amongst teens and likewise heels for the IWC.

Your logic of money=entertainment is correct if you are Vince Mcmahon, but again, why should I care and admit that John Cena is the best just for the fact that he produces the most money?

Nobody4rap

Reaction score
What the fuck are you talking about? I could swear you were trying to prove something here...

You don't get it.....apparently.

the dark knight

Look at this objectively - not who YOU like. If you do, you'll find that Cena is the best wrestler.
LOL, someone finally admitted he has no opinion of his own.

this is how Blue all of you cena lovers sound.

Wrestling Station

Cena has the heart and potential and energy in this business. But dont forget that the gimmick and writers that push him made him to what he is today.
There are several guys who had the same or maybe better potentials than Cena but werent lucky enough to be motivated and promoted to that level.

Cena uses the things he does best all the time but at the end we all know that he is NOT the best and there are so many people that are better than him and did more to the business than he ever had or will.

Airfixx

I'm not the only one with that impression then....

1. Sign-up
2. Indiscriminately and ignorantly patronise the general populous of the forum.

THEN...

3. Embark on one of the most played out topics in recent memory to somehow prove yourself a 'big gun' around these parts.

...I s'pose you could have always gone for "WWE is better than TNA" too.

FUCK OFF, YOU SMARK!