John Cena debate thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
John Cena is an immature little dweeb. The only time he steps his game up is when he has to because he's being outshined by better people. He's a bodybuilder that fit Vince Macmahon's mold for a superstar, so he's been shoved down our throats for 9 years. He will never be as good as The Rock on the mic, in the ring, or with charisma. The Rock's catchphrases are better too. You cant see me? wtf is that. Cena's a little boy in a big mans' world. He comes out and say shit like "Holy donkeys" -__- who says shit like that. The Rock is innovative and creative.

Roody poo ? That was shit but because Rock said it people slurp. He was shoved down our throats and you criticize him for that even though he got over as a mid card act without any major support.

Lets compare him to Rocky Miavia who got his big push as the IC champion even though he wasn't over. John became an 11 time champion in 6 years right? Rocky became a 9 time world champion in 4 (1998-2002) yet only one was pushed down our throats? The majority of his reigns came with one belt also, whilst John has two he could theoretically win. Not to mention Rock hardly being Chris Benoit in ring himself.

No doubt you'll not read this but still.

Reactions: Crayo

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
That's all down to booking. If he wasn't booked as an out dated superman he'd be treated fine. Also Summerslam 2002 and WM 18 are instances of Rock getting babyface heat as the man.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He isn't a billionaire but I agree with you 100%.

People can't blame Cena for booking, Cena may be a star but he can't demand a heel turn and get it. If Vince wants him as a face bringing in $$$ then he'll be one.

But you can ignore his booking and just discuss his talent. People say he's rubbish in the ring and mic, he out-shined Rock every time on the mic since his return and Rock is one of the greatest of all time on the mic. And Cena is more than bearable in the ring when he wants to be, IE MITB, but he's lazy, one of his faults.

But being a mark of Cena is nothing to be embarrassed about (as you seemed to suggest in the status box), he's one of the most talented guys on the roster.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He doesn't need too. Remember the Attitude Era was a last ditch effort to save him from WCW. He has no reason to risk anything. WM 18 was Hogan in Toronto. It pisses me off when people say Rock never got booed when he did as a face. Hell remember him as Miavia he got die Rocky die chants.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He actually has changed even in the past few months he's gone from happy go lucky babyface to more aggressive. It's subtle but he has changed.You mean like he put Barret over at HIAC 2010? Or Miz at WM 26? Or ADR at NOC? Even if it isn't clean a win over John Cena is one of the biggest things they can give you.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
Look where all of them are at now, midcarders

Booking did that. That's like me blaming the Rock because the Hurricane never won the WWE title after he put him over.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Debate, no flaming.

Recently a status post was made saying because there was a couple of Cena marks on here, they knew nothing about wrestling. I've not come across many Cena marks at all, but I've come across knowledgable wrestling fans who have defended Cena from unnecessary hate, but have agreed with the understandable hate (stale character). I'm proud to say I'm noe of those.

I don't mark for the guy, I admire his work ethic, attitude, loyalty and dedication to the business though. I think he's grossly underrated by the IWC, his mic work is probably the best with Jericho & Punk, that's including Rock. That's my opinion however.

I dsiagree with everyone who says Cena marks have no idea about wrestling, I've come across some serious hardcore wrestling fans who are fans of John Cena. Hating on a stale character and hating on the guy are completely different. Anyway, debate it up.

JeebaK, call someone a moron, idiot, or anything that will start a flame war and I'll junk the post and warn you. That goes to everyone, this is a debate.

Once again a moronic post from a top moron.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I get bullied at school because of being a ugly Blue nerd, i dont need this shit from you.

Hmm, maybe i will stop bullying you if your mom gave me a blowjob.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I will ask my mom when she comes back from the whorehouse.

Kay.:boss:

DBasher

Jobber
Reaction score
My whole opinion of Cena is pretty the same as alot of people's. I honetsly liked the "Dr. of Thuganomics" character and thought it was funny and he was a little bad ass in the ring, I do like Cena, he's good in the ring and on the mic...could he be better, yes, but who in the business can't be a little better because no ones perfect at it. The only problem I have with Cena isn't even really with Cena it's with WWE, I'm tired of him being shoved down our throats and being in, what seems like, every storyline...but I respect him and thinks he's good for the business