Iron Man 3

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah this one was nowhere near emo hipster proves you didn't actually watch the movie you're bashing at all. Emo spidey is definitely Spiderman 3, the latest spiderman is my favorite by far. Tapout is entitled to his opinion as you are yours.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Dude...anyone who saw the new Spiderman knows that Peter has all the right in the world to be emo. Dudes life got fucked up in like the span of a week. I've never been a fan of having comic movies just to do them. The first Ironman was cool for the fact that it was an Ironman movie, but like Hollywood is famous for doing, it's milking the hell out of it now, and most comic movies now just resort to blowing shit up.

Pete

Reaction score
My point was misunderstood. What I meant was that Peter Parker - the REAL Peter Parker - would never be seen skating down a hallway at school before casually mouthing off to a teacher. I would know - I was him in real life. This Peter just feels like he's a dick who's putting on a sensitive act just because that's what girls like - in other words, a player. Just cause you put on a pair of hipster glasses, that doesn't make you a nerd, as we tell countless chicks on Facebook every day.

With that said, the action scenes on this one work better, and we finally see Peter quipping - something that is a trademark of the comics and we never saw him do on Raimi's trilogy. It's also better than Spider-Man 3, but what isn't?

Ironically, though, the Peter on SM3 was more true to life (and the comics) than this Peter - anyone who's read Secret Wars and its aftermath knows the black uniform really did make him a bit more agressive and snappy when he was being influenced by it.

Overall, I'd rank them like so:

1. Spider-Man 1 (8/10 BEST. COMIC BOOK MOVIE. EVARRRRR. Watching it as a 16 year old, I was rooting for, encouraging and cheering Peter as he flirted with Mary Jane. Yes, audibly. And the power-discovery sequences are still the best ever done in a comic book movie to date. The Goblin was ridiculous, but whatever. Didn't ruin the movie as a whole.)
2. Spider-Man 2 (7/10, just because of the wildly unrealistic ending - yeah, right, like she'd leave a hunky well-off groom to go be with an insecure flat-broke nerd. Don't insult my intelligence, movie.)
3. Amazing Spider-Man (5/10. Hated the portrayal of Peter, otherwise it's a decent enough, middle-of-the-road movie.)
4. Spider-Man 3 (3/10. Would actually have worked if they'd kept to one villain, but as it is, it's a hodgepodge. I didn't even remember the dance sequence before the Nostalgia Critic brought it up, and I think that's why most people hate on it too. The movie has far bigger problems than that.)

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Might be a bit off topic, but I think Spiderman 2 was better than one, two reasons, one it was darker and had better effects and also they got just the right balance between the AJ storyline and the superhero stuff. Liked the first one but it was more of a set up film for the series.

Liked the first Iron man, not always been a big RDJ fan, but this is a dream role for him.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Downey would have been a better Doctor Strange.

If we want to talk about what Spider-Man is closer to the comics, then what one of those movies had someone other than Parker as Spider-Man? Miles Morales has already taken over in Ultimate Spider-Man, and after issue #700 of Amazing Spider-Man(being renamed, & renumbered SUPERIOR Spider-Man), someone else will be taking over for Parker in the 616(standard Marvel continuity).

Symbiot #998(better known as Venom) feeds off its host, resulting in a very emotional, and often out of control host, allowing the symbiot to take control of its host(this also explains why #999 "Carnage" bonded instantly with Kletus Cassiday).

The Mandarin, Iron Patriot(which I am not sure is a villain in the movie, but is Norman Osbourne aka Green Goblin in the comics), and A.I.M., have all been confirmed for Iron Man 3, I am expecting a tease for M.O.D.O.K. aswell.

Pete

Reaction score
Downey would have been a better Doctor Strange.

If we want to talk about what Spider-Man is closer to the comics, then what one of those movies had someone other than Parker as Spider-Man? Miles Morales has already taken over in Ultimate Spider-Man, and after issue #700 of Amazing Spider-Man(being renamed, & renumbered SUPERIOR Spider-Man), someone else will be taking over for Parker in the 616(standard Marvel continuity).

Symbiot #998(better known as Venom) feeds off its host, resulting in a very emotional, and often out of control host, allowing the symbiot to take control of its host(this also explains why #999 "Carnage" bonded instantly with Kletus Cassiday).

The Mandarin, Iron Patriot(which I am not sure is a villain in the movie, but is Norman Osbourne aka Green Goblin in the comics), and A.I.M., have all been confirmed for Iron Man 3, I am expecting a tease for M.O.D.O.K. aswell.

If we're going to be nitpicky, then OK...CLASSIC Spider-Man (and early Ultimate) was better depicted in Raimi's three than in the new one.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I cant comment about the new Spider-Man movie, I am pissed that they are running the origins again, and that it is supposed to run for the first 3 movies this time. So I have not seen it due to not wanting to see an origins story that was covered in a theme song for a 70's cartoon.

Pete

Reaction score
The new Spidey has no Mary Jane, only Gwen, and Goblin doesn't throw her off a bridge - the villain is Lizard. Also, no Harry Osborn. Uncle Ben is better portrayed this time around too, but Aunt May looks more like Mary Parker - by far too young when compared to the comic version! However, my main problem is with Peter and his portrayal as a "dude". Peter Parker is NOT a 'dude'.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Yeah, rumours are Goblin will be introduced in 2, and kill Gwen in 3. Also MJ didnt move next door until after Gwen had died, so having both would have been a clusterfuck like Spider-Man 3.

The villain really doesnt bother me, just aslong as his first isnt Venom. I would love to see Mysterio, Vulture, Shocker/Electro(dont care what one), & Rhino introduced into the movies, as any combination of them alongside Goblin & Doc Ock make up a Sinister Six arc.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The Sinister Six, has had roughly 20 members, at one time there was even a Sinister Twelve. Honestly, you only really need Doc Ock, as he is the original founder whos scheme led right up to the End of the World storyarc. Even after he "died".

Kraven would be a great addition, and wouldnt need a shit ton of special effects to make him work(like they had to with Sandman & Lizard), and someone like Kraven would be instantly drawn to NYC after hearing about a battle between a Spider-Man & A giant lizard. Wouldnt be hard to write him in at all.

Pete

Reaction score
The Sinister Six from my youth (about to date myself here) was Ock, Goblin, Kraven, Electro, Vulture (Albert Toomes) and Sandy, if I'm not mistaken. Might have been Mysterio instead of Electro, and I think I remember Venom in there too. Only ones I'm positive about are Ock, Vulture and Kraven.

This was circa 1996-97, around the time that black guy with the goofy blue and silver costume and electro-shocking bo-staff was being introduced (can't remember his name, but he hung around with Spidey for a while). Carnage was introduced around this time too, as was that storyline where Peter's parents came back and they were robots.

BDC

Reaction score
The Sinister Six, has had roughly 20 members, at one time there was even a Sinister Twelve. Honestly, you only really need Doc Ock, as he is the original founder whos scheme led right up to the End of the World storyarc. Even after he "died".

Kraven would be a great addition, and wouldnt need a shit ton of special effects to make him work(like they had to with Sandman & Lizard), and someone like Kraven would be instantly drawn to NYC after hearing about a battle between a Spider-Man & A giant lizard. Wouldnt be hard to write him in at all.

:DBYES: This guy knows his comics! I give him the BDC comic geeks stamp of approval! lol!