Internal belief within AEW is Lucha Brothers are leaving for WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't like thinking Penta is refusing creative nor do I like thinking Tony is being vindictive and hurting Fenix's career in response, but that's what the most likely scenario comes to for me. It's not really business to me because I don't think it hurts or helps business for either company one way or another, it's just adult pettiness described as business, which is most of wrestling history

Reactions: Cwalker

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It was never business when WWE did it either, just disguised as such and parroted by people that needed to sell it to themselves. It's always out of pettiness

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I totally get that pov. I just think TK can't be letting people walk all over him anymore and unfortunately Fenix might be collateral. that being said, he will be paid and will pitched ideas if he wants to work I have to imagine. So it's not exactly a hostage situation like we have seen in prior cases. I agree it's petty though. I just think at this point in the company's lifespan it's kind of time to set some precedents for the future.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
like I am pretty certain if Penta and Fenix agreed to go out on their back they'd be booked and not extended. annoying situation I am sure for everyone

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I totally get that pov. I just think TK can't be letting people walk all over him anymore and unfortunately Fenix might be collateral. that being said, he will be paid and will pitched ideas if he wants to work I have to imagine. So it's not exactly a hostage situation like we have seen in prior cases. I agree it's petty though. I just think at this point in the company's lifespan it's kind of time to set some precedents for the future.

The precedent I wanted was to not be WWE and people wanting to sign here because on top of being well paid, they didn't have to deal with a lot of the other corporate type negatives

But the bar seems to just be no sexual assault instead, which...I mean a big improvement still

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But I do agree ever since Punk said he wasn't a boss, just a nice guy, he's been trying to change that perception. I just think he's pleasing the wrong people, or attempting to. They'll always find new things to criticize, don't change foundational aspects of the company

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The precedent I wanted was to not be WWE and people wanting to sign here because on top of being well paid, they didn't have to deal with a lot of the other corporate type negatives

But the bar seems to just be no sexual assault instead, which...I mean a big improvement still
I mean, this isn't exactly Mustafa Ali sitting at home demanding his release and getting released 2+ years later. If the context is true, it also sets the precedent that if you don't like your booking and get a wwe offer you can just refuse to go to work and the company will just say oh ok and pay you to go somewhere else in a few months. I totally get the principled stance, but I think nuance does exist here

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh but one of the reasons I think there's a hefty chance Tony changes his mind after some backlash within the next week is bc the first time he tried to be a WWE type boss and release people before their contracts were up, he ended up rehiring Anthony Henry due to similar type backlash lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I mean, this isn't exactly Mustafa Ali sitting at home demanding his release and getting released 2+ years later. If the context is true, it also sets the precedent that if you don't like your booking and get a wwe offer you can just refuse to go to work and the company will just say oh ok and pay you to go somewhere else in a few months. I totally get the principled stance, but I think nuance does exist here

I don't understand why everyone in AEW seems to have creative control and can just stay at home if they want with no negatives in the first place

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don't understand why everyone in AEW seems to have creative control and can just stay at home if they want with no negatives in the first place
me neither

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Oh but one of the reasons I think there's a hefty chance Tony changes his mind after some backlash within the next week is bc the first time he tried to be a WWE type boss and release people before their contracts were up, he ended up rehiring Anthony Henry due to similar type backlash lol
fwiw I actually am not seeing much backlash at all outside WWE fans - which tony does not care about. The AEW sub, for example, is praising the move

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
fwiw I actually am not seeing much backlash at all outside WWE fans - which tony does not care about. The AEW sub, for example, is praising the move

Weird, I thought more people would just be Lucha Bros fans and not care about context, just wanted to see them on TV so they'd support whichever side got them on TV sooner. That's usually my initial thought in these cases lol I'm just like okay who's giving them matches, I support that side

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I don't like thinking Penta is refusing creative nor do I like thinking Tony is being vindictive and hurting Fenix's career in response, but that's what the most likely scenario comes to for me. It's not really business to me because I don't think it hurts or helps business for either company one way or another, it's just adult pettiness described as business, which is most of wrestling history
That’s it.

It’s petty.

It’s petty when WWE did it to Rey.

It’s not a good look but it’s business

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Remember when Jeff Hardy got injury time added on in WWE so he pretended to be high when he was completely clean and walked out of a match so they'd fire him instead :lol

Fenix, your move

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Weird, I thought more people would just be Lucha Bros fans and not care about context, just wanted to see them on TV so they'd support whichever side got them on TV sooner. That's usually my initial thought in these cases lol I'm just like okay who's giving them matches, I support that side
If Penta had not pulled what he pulled, I think this would overwhelmingly be the case. But fans tend to drop sympathy for talent the moment they don't "do their job". I am personally trying to see it from both sides as much as possible tho