Internal belief within AEW is Lucha Brothers are leaving for WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Maybe he's a stand up guy despite this news not working in his favour but I can't imagine dude agreeing to come back on TV to put over a bunch of guys when he's made it clear in his actions that he doesn't wanna be there anymore.
See I can actually see them say look we're adding injury time, come back, put a few guys over and in a few months we'll release you from your deal. That's a win/win.

Add the time so that the talent can do the time honored tradtion of going out on your back.

Reactions: Tranquilo Jay

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Maybe he's a stand up guy despite this news not working in his favour but I can't imagine dude agreeing to come back on TV to put over a bunch of guys when he's made it clear in his actions that he doesn't wanna be there anymore.

I mean could be a case of: we let you out early if you do this. If you don't do business, we won't let you out early. Plus not really much point keeping them if you are not going to use them. I do low key think if Penta hadn't been a big mouth and Konnan was not constantly running his mouth, this is a lot less likely to happen.

Also not the first time they added time on a person as they did it with Omega and they do want to keep them. This is not the way to do it for sure

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
See I can actually see them say look we're adding injury time, come back, put a few guys over and in a few months we'll release you from your deal. That's a win/win.

Add the time so that the talent can do the time honored tradtion of going out on your back.
Then what happens when the worker decides they just want to stay at home and be paid rather than do that

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I mean could be a case of: we let you out early if you do this. If you don't do business, we won't let you out early. Plus not really much point keeping them if you are not going to use them. I do low key think if Penta hadn't been a big mouth and Konnan was not constantly running his mouth, this is a lot less likely to happen.

Also not the first time they added time on a person as they did it with Omega and they do want to keep them. This is not the way to do it for sure

Dax had injury time added too I think but it's unclear bc I also think that date they gave for their contracts ending during the podcast era was completely worked from the start bc it magically shifted 6 months one day

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Then what happens when the worker decides they just want to stay at home and be paid rather than do that
Well then they are stuck in the deal would be the situation here through their choice. I think honestly if you are leaving and you refuse to job to anyone on your way out, you also become a dick. I meant Penta has two months left without injury time so I assume Fenix does too

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Work a couple matches and get out of the deal you want to get out of in 2 months, or sit at home for 12 months? If he wants to leave early he can do business.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Since you both said the same thing almost i'll just multiquote you.

It's possible sure but as Fenix you're probably putting a lot of trust in the higher ups to "do the right thing" when you might think they didn't do the right thing by extending his contract in the first place.

I dunno, both sides could have avoided this whole drama but here we are I guess.

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

It's possible sure but as Fenix you're probably putting a lot of trust in the higher ups to "do the right thing" when you might think they didn't do the right thing by extending his contract in the first place.

I dunno, both sides could have avoided this whole drama but here we are I guess.
Oh that's why you get that shit in writing. Adjust the deal so that you're out after a certain number of matches. Then go do the matches and leave the company.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
100% with Fenix on this one, fuck professionalism, they're using your injury to kill both your career and your brothers

Roy Mustang

Reaction score

Tbf Tony most of the time sticks to his word hence why this is shocking and normally lets people out of their deals. Hence why I think this is revenge cause of Penta and Konnan

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Here's the full quote about both Penta and Fenix btw:

Regarding the update on Penta & Fenix, this is the current situation. They have not signed with WWE because they are still under AEW contract so all those stories are false. Obviously Penta is going when his deal is up which is within the next two months. Officially the story that has to be said is that he has not negotiated with WWE but will do so when his AEW deal expires. The word is that WWE made him a competitive offer so that solidified his decision to leave. There are a lot of reasons including frustration. We had first heard about it when he was pulled from shows because CMLL talent was on shows and he felt that was disrespectful to him having been there from the start. The funny part is that it was not only rectified where CMLL dropped that stipulation, but Penta & Fenix even did a show at Arena Mexico. That went so well that there would have been big business for a Mistico vs. Penta main event but there was no follow-up from their non-finish in the trios match there. But obviously there were other issues about being unhappy how he was being used. As far as Fenix goes, right now AEW is tacking on injury time which is nearly but not quite one year. Khan made both significant offers to stay but they wouldn’t sign a new deal.

Penta did wrestle as part of the 9/22 Lucha Festival in Ciudad Juarez against DMT Azul. He is at least talking about doing more in Mexico before he signs with WWE, at which point he’s not going to be able to work in Mexico.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I know everyone hates him now, but I'm taking Meltzer's report over guys that said they already signed with WWE and then had to walk it back because their AEW ones hadn't even ended yet

But a funny scenario I can see happening is Tony changing his mind after getting backlash in like a week and then these guys saying haha we told you so :lol

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
It's simple you do a few jobs and go out being pinned and being professional at the same time. It sounds more like Penta Now being a Winge about things whilst Fenix has remained quiet.

Last edited:

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Yeah I do think Fenix is suffering for the sins of his brother. If it was Penta having injury time tacked on, I'd actually might side with Tony since he has been the one mouthing off apparently about signing with WWE.

• Love