Impact Wrestling Live Discussion 8/1/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cap

Reaction score
1) Kaitlyn hasn't had enough time to really shine, but her stuff with AJ has been phenomenal.

2) Forgot a few names.

Paul Heyman
The Wyatt Family
KANE
Randy Orton (Hardly ever botches, and never fails to put on a great match.)
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Sheamus

3) TNA couldn't sell out the Agganis Arena at Slammiversary. Just putting that out there.

Yes, because Paul Heyman wrestles. Gabriel is good, Kofi is good, Sheamus is decent, Kane is overrated, and I haven't seen enough of the Wyatt's. Also, I am talking about wrestling talent. You forgot Moxley, and Black as well.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
1) Kaitlyn hasn't had enough time to really shine, but her stuff with AJ has been phenomenal.

2) Forgot a few names.

Paul Heyman
The Wyatt Family
KANE
Randy Orton (Hardly ever botches, and never fails to put on a great match.)
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Sheamus

3) TNA couldn't sell out the Agganis Arena at Slammiversary. Just putting that out there.

Kane and Kofi don't really belong in a discussion of top wrestlers. As for the Slammiversary thing, no need to state the obvious. Everyone knows that TNA isn't exceedingly popular compared to the WWE. I'm not saying that TNA is better than WWE or vise versa, but ticket sales don't really indicate a quality promotion because if that was the case, CHIKARA would be selling out MSG on a regular basis.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
TNA has the talent to be entertaining but they are literally the worst run company I have ever seen as of late....their booking is awful and they make worse decisions then the LA Clippers of the last 20 years

LA Clippers the last 3 years though... gotta love 'em.

Joey

Reaction score
Yes, because Paul Heyman wrestles. Kane is overrated

Paul Heyman wrestles on the mic.

And Kane is over rated? I'll forget you said that. I'm a huge Kane fan, and i'm a fan of everything he does in and out of the ring.

Cap

Reaction score
Kane and Kofi don't really belong in a discussion of top wrestlers. As for the Slammiversary thing, no need to state the obvious. Everyone knows that TNA isn't exceedingly popular compared to the WWE. I'm not saying that TNA is better than WWE or vise versa, but ticket sales don't really indicate a quality promotion because if that was the case, CHIKARA would be selling out MSG on a regular basis.

Agreed, and make that PWG. I am a wrestling fan, not an entertainment fan. I don't care about over-the-top flashy dancing gimmicks, or annoying promos about how the champ is here. Hence why I watch indys and wrestling companies.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I do but they still have a horrid owner who I am sure will fuck it all up

Cap

Reaction score
Paul Heyman wrestles on the mic.

And Kane is over rated? I'll forget you said that.

When was the last time he's wrestled a technical match? Yes, he is overrated. I do respect your opinion, and I don't mean to sound like a smark, but I have never liked Kane. His gimmick was awesome in the attitude era, and I loved when he was unmasked, but, he cannot wrestle.

Joey

Reaction score
Agreed, and make that PWG. I am a wrestling fan, not an entertainment fan. I don't care about over-the-top flashy dancing gimmicks, or annoying promos about how the champ is here. Hence why I watch indys and wrestling companies.

I mean, i love PWG, and i'm all for wrestling. But WWE is the best all around, and I think you know that.

Joey

Reaction score
When was the last time he's wrestled a technical match? Yes, he is overrated. I do respect your opinion, and I don't mean to sound like a smark, but I have never liked Kane. His gimmick was awesome in the attitude era, and I loved when he was unmasked, but, he cannot wrestle.

Its not always about Technical Wrestling. Kane has developed his own style, and it works just fine if you ask me.

Cap

Reaction score
I mean, i love PWG, and i'm all for wrestling. But WWE is the best all around, and I think you know that.

Entertainment, and viewers wise? I agree. I think Vince doesn't care or need to worry about putting on a compelling wrestling show, because TNA isn't competition as far as viewers, PPV buys, merchandise, or popularity goes. TNA is the only company in north america that could be barely considered a threat, mind you, keyword: barely.

Cap

Reaction score
Its not always about Technical Wrestling. Kane has developed his own style, and it works just fine if you ask me.

Thats fine and great, but personality and mic skills aren't wrestling.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Cap I like ya alright but the looking down upon WWE and snarky "wrestling" remarks aren't needed...it's the biggest and it always will be...plus watch some NXT you will enjoy it I am sure

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Once again though you kinda contradict yourself. CHIKARA is pure comedy and ridiculousness (excluding a few of the more serious guys)... they don't even have that many quality wrestling matches.