Impact Wrestling Live Discussion 8/1/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Joey

Reaction score
But I can say, that in-ring work can tell a storyline of its own. And I often find myself more into the action than the gimmick.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
But I can say, that in-ring work can tell a storyline of its own. And I often find myself more into the action than the gimmick.

So if Undertaker showed up to WrestleMania as Mark Callaway and Punk showed up as Phil Brooks you wouldn't care

Joey

Reaction score
I agree with sabs. This is a business. In-Ring Work and Mic Skill/Theme/Storylines come hand in hand.

Theres a reason WWE is the best, and probably always will be.

[MENTION=79]Sabretooth[/MENTION]

Dude, ive been defending the entertainment side of wrestling this whole time.

Yes, i would care.

Reactions: 1 person

Postman Dave

Reaction score
This is a fun little debate.

Just to chime in on a few things:

- Entertainment may not be wrestling, but who says wrestling can't be entertaining?

- For me CHIKARA is mostly about the angles and characters like EC said. Even I'll put my hand up and admit I can't name too many 4*+ matches from the company in the last couple of years. They're very solid wrestling wise, but very rarely go into "must-see classic" territory.

- Not to diss Kane, but he's been very lucky to be working with some of the best workers in the company these last six months.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
- Not to diss Kane, but he's been very lucky to be working with some of the best workers in the company these last six months.

More like the last 2 and a half years. He was teaming with Show for a while in 2011, had that little program with Orton, left, came back and faced Cena, then feuded with Orton again, then began the feud with Punk and Bryan, then teamed with Bryan and Orton, and is now in his program with the Wyatts. He's probably had the best sequence of rivals/tag teams in the last 3 years that I can think of.