I understand they're trying to make Sin Cara out to be a big deal, but the dim lights

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Re: I understand they're trying to make Sin Cara out to be a big deal, but the dim li

Not with specific colors associated with a certain wrestler.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Re: I understand they're trying to make Sin Cara out to be a big deal, but the dim li

Yeah first time i saw it was against Swagger and all I could think was how all of the focus, like 100% of it, was on Sin Cara. That is some bs, and it makes it obvious who is about to win/go over. All it is doing is making the WWE more corny and childish than its already becoming.

phantomgerald

Reaction score

And the thing is, I don't think it adds anything to Sin Cara. To me, it just gives the whole place a very sleepy feel and it doesn't really link to his character.

Reaction score

Sin Cara isn't here for the Americans chavo/sin cara will be as big a drawing card for the ppv as anyone not named Cena. Fact.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score

Hasn't lived up to it? Guys, all they did was show a guy doing a bunch of lucha spots, that's exactly what he does. He's exactly what I thought he'd be, a spot monkey in a mask.

Wrong. Lucha Libre isn't just about doing a bunch of spots for no reason, they just work a high-flying style with cool moves which is a good thing in matches when they tell great stories which they, and Mistico in particular usually are very good at doing, and he sure as heck isn't a "spot monkey",

Sin Cara looks like crap because his opponents, as wrestlers, A. Can't keep up and B. Just aren't as good/polished as the people he wrestled in Mexico, and he's wrestling the same style he did against those who could work their style. Give the man some time to adjust, people. He's already stopped doing 75% of his Lucha moveset.

It baffles me why WWE hires these people, then takes away the stuff that made them great. The lighting's neither here nor there, except it reminds me of Glacier, which is awesome.

Kaedon

Reaction score

Really? Then why is it whenever I've watched old AAA matches almost all of the matches had blown spots in them? They plan these hack ass matches out and as soon as something goes wrong, their whole match goes off track and turns into a car wreck.

That wasn't my point though, my point was he was built up as nothing more than a guy who can do high spots and who wears a mask. What else did his promos promise? NOTHING. He has lived up to what the WWE billed him as.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score

Really? Then why is it whenever I've watched old AAA matches almost all of the matches had blown spots in them? They plan these hack ass matches out and as soon as something goes wrong, their whole match goes off track and turns into a car wreck.

That wasn't my point though, my point was he was built up as nothing more than a guy who can do high spots and who wears a mask. What else did his promos promise? NOTHING. He has lived up to what the WWE billed him as.

AAA isn't Lucha, at least any serious kind. That crap's booked by Konnan and is filled with bologna. Mistico came from CMLL, which is much more traditional and less of the "entertainment" AAA presents. (+ All matches are still 2/3 falls which I mark out for.)

But I hear ya on how they've marketed him. Problem is, what are they supposed to hype about him besides some cool moves? It's not like he can speak English and get himself over. :/ I wouldn't mind if he cut promos in Spanish eventually though.

nation

Reaction score

Teach the fucker how to cut a promo in ENGLISH.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score

He knows no English. It's not as easy as Rosetta Stone commercials make it seem to just learn a language.

Rell

Reaction score

lol dude talks with his expressions like a fuckin mime. How pathetic. I'm really starting to hate this guy. That botch fest he put on with Chavo at Over the Limit was embarrassing.

I'm gonna refer to him as Sabu Cara from now on

Kaedon

Reaction score

That's exactly what I'm talking about with these Mexican wrestlers. They're trained to do spots (sadly, more and more Gringo's are being trained to do that too). It's not about spots, it's about listening to the crowd.

ackj

Reaction score

I wouldn't mind if he cut promos in Spanish eventually though.
Absolutely not. The shit with del rio yapping at kane/show for about 30 seconds was more than I could bear.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

lol dude talks with his expressions like a fuckin mime. How pathetic. I'm really starting to hate this guy. That botch fest he put on with Chavo at Over the Limit was embarrassing.

I'm gonna refer to him as Sabu Cara from now on

According to the report on SD this week, you're going to like the match he has this week even more. BOTCHAMANIA FERDAYZ