I understand they're trying to make Sin Cara out to be a big deal, but the dim lights

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
are overkill

it totally discredits his opponent.

its too blatant...

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Re: I understand they're trying to make Sin Cara out to be a big deal, but the dim li

LOL, especially when he comes out first...

Kaedon

Reaction score
Re: I understand they're trying to make Sin Cara out to be a big deal, but the dim li

Lots of guys get lighting treatment. Kane got it when he'd cut those heel promos week after week, Orton gets it from time to time too. Dont sweat it, like everything in the WWE, it will be phased out sooner or later. I think it looks kinda cool myself.

noumenon

Reaction score

Honestly can't stand this guy. I hope they replace the trampoline with a fucking trap door.

Axis

Reaction score

Honestly can't stand this guy. I hope they replace the trampoline with a fucking trap door.

That would be an amazing visual.

nikkoaz

Reaction score

Yeah, Sin Cara has thus far been a huge dissapointment. I'm not saying he can't step it up, or creative cant step it up. But he hasn't lived up to shit

Kaedon

Reaction score

Hasn't lived up to it? Guys, all they did was show a guy doing a bunch of lucha spots, that's exactly what he does. He's exactly what I thought he'd be, a spot monkey in a mask.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

Lots of guys get lighting treatment. Kane got it when he'd cut those heel promos week after week, Orton gets it from time to time too. Dont sweat it, like everything in the WWE, it will be phased out sooner or later. I think it looks kinda cool myself.

Kane got lighting for promos... Orton got lighting for promos... Sin Care gets it for HIS MATCHES!

Kaedon

Reaction score

special lighting is special lighting IMO.

Rell

Reaction score

Come on Kaedon

wrestling in dark lights isn't odd to you?

is this Smackdown or Tron?

Kaedon

Reaction score

Its a throwback to the old school, that's how it used to be, it's odd because you haven't seen it.

Airfixx

Reaction score

Kane got lighting for promos... Orton got lighting for promos... Sin Care gets it for HIS MATCHES!

Kane used to have red lighting THROUGHOUT his matches.... Can't recall how long it took for them the phase that out, but I specifically recall Kane/Mankind @ SSeries 97 being under a 'blood red sky'.

monkeystyle

Reaction score

Its a throwback to the old school, that's how it used to be, it's odd because you haven't seen it.

I don't recall it either.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

When, and where? Don't talk out of your ass, Kaedon.

Kane used to have red lighting THROUGHOUT his matches.... Can't recall how long it took for them the phase that out, but I specifically recall Kane/Mankind @ SSeries 97 being under a 'blood red sky'.
Yes, but he didn't cite matches as an example, he cited PROMOS. And fair point on your behalf, however, I still think it's stupid to let them use the lighting during matches. However, in Kane's defense, the character was more over than most of the roster from the 2 weeks of promo where his name was actually mentioned, and he was coming in making an impact immediately on the title scene. Sin Cara is trying to be built up...

Kaedon

Reaction score

[video=youtube;2mPNEH2HSqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mPNEH2HSqc[/video]

Back then, they were still trying to make it a "legit" sport so they dimmed the lights like they used to as well, in boxing back in the day. It made everyone watching it on TV or in a replay on film look at the bright shiny center of the arena, you know, where you're SPOSED TO be focused.

You can see those primitive ass spot lights clearly facing at the ring only, you don't see any tilted down to the crowd and then when the match is over and the action is continuing, the crowd gets more visible.