Hogan Predicts 3.0 on Jan. 4th

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

NoDQ.com > TNA > Hogan predicts 1/4 Impact will do a 3.0 rating
Posted by Randy Gordon on 12/10/2009 at 12:29 PM

Right After Wrestling show on Sirius radio sent in the following:

HOGAN SAYS THAT TNA IMPACT RATINGS WILL "TRIPLE" ON JANUARY 4

When interviewed by Arda Ocal and Corey Erdman of the "Right After Wrestling" program on SIRIUS 98, Hulk Hogan predicted that Nielson ratings would triple to a 3.0 on his debut appearance on TNA Impact on Monday January 4. Hogan went on to list names such as AJ Styles and Matt Morgan as guys with "something there" and that he will look to mold and "bring to life".

The full interview will air on "Right After Wrestling" on Monday night December 14 at 11pm EST on SIRIUS Channel 98, Hardcore Sports Radio.

sounds like someone has been smokin' that weed

Qwake

rofl, this proves Hogan's crazy, they'll be lucky to get a 1.4 and beat their biggest rating ever, no fucking way they'd triple it :laugh:

Wordlife

whatever Hulkamania is smoking... I want some of that hardcore shit

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
He's right about AJ Styles. I think the Hulkster can show AJ how to work a character. Maybe he'll embrace the fact that he's a hick.

lol 3.0, only way i could see that happening is if TNA wasn't strapped on Hulk's ball sack and wanted to embarrass him every week. Then 3.0, Yeah.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I don't even think there are enough people who know about TNA to make this number even remotely possible.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
I don't even think there are enough people who know about TNA to make this number even remotely possible.

I was going to say something like that, but lol imagine the commercials they would have on Spike. Hogan getting ridiculed with his stupid face going wtf as he gets made to look like a pansy. amazing

lol i dunno if i'm just baked or potential really good booking.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
More people watch tv on mondays than on Thursdays which effects the ratings system, so even if tna gets their usual 1.1 then that may end up being like a .8 or .9, They are also going up against the fiesta bowl, Boise State vs TCU, game is going to attract a lot of viewers, but to be honest I predict raw will be hurt more by this than TNA, tna has a pretty solid group that'll watch it no matter what, which kinda sucks cuz the ratings are never improving becuase they can't get new fans watching, a huge part would be is that impact doesn't travel weekly not giving new fans a chance to see live.

I predict a 1.0-1.3 range, unless spike really promotes it, I'd much honestly be willing if I were spike to sell the rights for that night to fox or vh1 or something to help promote it, cuz with hogan on board I'm sure they'll go for it and Hogan can attract viewers with enough hype , something that TNA can't do

Quintastic One

Reaction score
They're gonna get a .6 and TNA will finally end up giving up and shutting their doors because even the biggest name in the history of wrestling couldn't draw them one single viewer.

And this is coming from one of TNA's biggest defenders.

Hometown Kid

They're gonna get a .6 and TNA will finally end up giving up and shutting their doors because even the biggest name in the history of wrestling couldn't draw them one single viewer.

And this is coming from one of TNA's biggest defenders.

Well that's pretty much a doomsday vision and a little too pessimistic in my eyes.

The absolutely best case dream scenario for TNA is a 2.0. I have no idea why Hogan is setting expectations that high. This is probably just a publicity stunt saying these things though. Like I said, I think they'll get a 1.4-1.5. Which could be the building blocks for greater improvement down the line. Baby steps are what TNA needs right now. Staying in the same place (or worse) is what they don't want.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I believe there's also a college bowl game going on that night too. Plus whatever else is on monday nights.

Great One

Well that's pretty much a doomsday vision and a little too pessimistic in my eyes.

The absolutely best case dream scenario for TNA is a 2.0. I have no idea why Hogan is setting expectations that high. This is probably just a publicity stunt saying these things though. Like I said, I think they'll get a 1.4-1.5. Which could be the building blocks for greater improvement down the line. Baby steps are what TNA needs right now. Staying in the same place (or worse) is what they don't want.
THIS. It seems like he was just starting shit like he always does. A 2.0 does seem like the peak though, that would be insane.