Heavy Music Fans? (Metalcore/Deathcore/Post Hardcore/Etc.)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Not sure whether its funny or just annoying but that whole holier than thou, your metal sucks, my metal rules mentality in metal is stupid. Here's a genre of music partly founded to be anti mainstream, to go against the grain, push boundaries, and make music that generally isn't accepted by the mainstream audience. Not even supposed metal fans accept metal music, too many just spend their time bitching about how the musicians look (seriously?) or the style. Its a shame that not even supposed fans can accept the music.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I only have a few rules about metal, really.
One is: If it's on the radio, 99% of the time it's not good enough for me to listen to. If it's made the "Billboard" acceptable filters, then it's been cleaned up and stripped of most of anything that makes metal what it's supposed to be. What Billboard plays on free radio is 99% of the time not metal at all.

Another is: Grunge, Post-Grunge and "Alternative Rock" :rolleyes: are NOT metal, despite the pleading efforts of millions of stupid fans that claim bands like Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown and Seether are metal.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
If Sam Dunn says it is Metal, then it is metal. He is the film-maker behind Metal: A Headbangers Journey & Metal Evolution, and creator of the Heavy Metal Family Tree(seen below), considered to be the top of his field, which just happens to be the history of Metal.

tumblr_m1sjodDYLA1qa13sqo1_1280.jpg

Reaction score
Is Metalcore and Deathcore, actually metal? Depends on how much an elitist asshole you want to ask for answer. Seriously though, bands like BMTH, BFMV and various others from that genre kinda bring a bad name to the legitimate bands within those genres, kind of like how Dragonforce make Power Metal look stupid when in reality it's one really bad band; surprisingly it is the scene kids who wank over all the bad bands from the metal genre.

To Nuke, I used to have a way bigger family tree image saved, like a huge one done by proper Metal Elitists, I miss it :(.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The thing is that Sam Dunn is open minded about Metal, which I feel is why he is considered the leader in his field. He does not claim to be an elitist, and actually interviews members of the bands, how they feel about the genres they have been classified under by fans, and where they feel they should be. If you have not seen A Headbangers Journey, or the episodes of Metal Evolution, I really suggest trying to find them online to watch.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Elitism in metal is the problem. Elitism in anything is a problem, better than you shit just because you have different tastes. No offence to anyone.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
One is: If it's on the radio, 99% of the time it's not good enough for me to listen to. If it's made the "Billboard" acceptable filters, then it's been cleaned up and stripped of most of anything that makes metal what it's supposed to be. What Billboard plays on free radio is 99% of the time not metal at all.

Seriously, how old are you? I mean your actual age, not what you tell preople on the internet. I ask because these are seriously the types of oblivious comments I heard when I was 14. In Middle School. It sounded Blue to me then and it still does. This is basically like saying "There's no cuss words, so it sucks and isn't heavy. Cussing is so kewl."

Whether not a song is played on the radio has no bearing at all on how good or bad it is. It just means it's a single and nothing more. It could also be that a certain band just doesn't fit the target genre of the station if they don't get air play or that they aren't signed to a strong label to get that level of distribution. I seriously can't believe there are still kids today that believe that radio's song selection is determined by local DJ's with bad taste in a joint conspiracy with their white collar bosses.

Tell me, do you also think a band is a sell-out when they sign to a major label? Oh god, please say yes.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

There's a troll in the dungeon!

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously, how old are you? I mean your actual age, not what you tell preople on the internet. I ask because these are seriously the types of oblivious comments I heard when I was 14. In Middle School. It sounded Blue to me then and it still does. This is basically like saying "There's no cuss words, so it sucks and isn't heavy. Cussing is so kewl."

Whether not a song is played on the radio has no bearing at all on how good or bad it is. It just means it's a single and nothing more. It could also be that a certain band just doesn't fit the target genre of the station if they don't get air play or that they aren't signed to a strong label to get that level of distribution. I seriously can't believe there are still kids today that believe that radio's song selection is determined by local DJ's with bad taste in a joint conspiracy with their white collar bosses.

Tell me, do you also think a band is a sell-out when they sign to a major label? Oh god, please say yes.

Way to jump to conclusions, brotha. I made no mention of cussing, programming specifications or of "selling out."

Troll fail.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
You could always answer his questions and such instead of these typical replies you always do when confronted.

I have seen Headbangers Journey and it truly has given me a perspective about the genre. I also have a ton more respect for some of the guys interviewed.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Way to jump to conclusions, brotha. I made no mention of cussing, programming specifications or of "selling out."

Troll fail.
Seriously, way to completely dodge the hard questions. You could at least try to make an intelligent post once and a while instead of rolling over in a defensive posture and calling everyone a "troll" when they call you out on posting complete garbage. If anything is fail, it's your bogus attempts at this "HARD ASS MUTHAFUCKA" pose you work far too much at.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously, way to completely dodge the hard questions. You could at least try to make an intelligent post once and a while instead of rolling over in a defensive posture and calling everyone a "troll" when they call you out on posting complete garbage. If anything is fail, it's your bogus attempts at this "HARD ASS MUTHAFUCKA" pose you work far too much at.

I'm going to give you some free advice for your wayward life. If you care that much about a stranger on the internet, you seriously need to reevaluate where you are in life. Honestly, I pity how much you care about my posts. You fly off the handle with angry toned replies all because you can't agree with something a complete stranger anonymously says over the internet. It's pretty sad. :(

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm going to give you some free advice for your wayward life. If you care that much about a stranger on the internet, you seriously need to reevaluate where you are in life. Honestly, I pity how much you care about my posts. You fly off the handle with angry toned replies all because you can't agree with something a complete stranger anonymously says over the internet. It's pretty sad. :(

Kind of odd, seeing as you make bold statements to illicit such reactions.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
So again you can't reply intelligently so you desperately resort to personal attacks to compensate for your utter lack of understanding on a topic. And I'm really not surprised since it's the same pattern you always follow. Though it is pretty hilarious you think I'm angry simply because I stated your post was garbage. Even though I explained why.

You remind me of a dude I knew in middle school that got super pissed at me one day when I explained why he was wrong about a very simple pre-algebra equation and instead of seeing the error of his ways and growing a little smarter, just decided to flip me off and yelled "FUCK YOU" which is practically the same thing you're doing now.