Heavy Music Fans? (Metalcore/Deathcore/Post Hardcore/Etc.)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Blujay

Reaction score
The elitist mentality drowns discussions immediately. Bullet is nowhere near a "core" band and never were. I put the genres I was mainly speaking of in the title of the thread...

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I like CoreyHart...Fuck everything else itt!!!

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Huge Death, Thrash, Progressive, Metalcoe and Black Metal fan here.

Everything from Agalloch to Behemoth to Dimmu Borgir to Nile to Solstice to Trivium to Wolves In The Throne Room.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Genre discussions ruin metal, when everyone gets caught up on discussing whether a band is metal, black metal, core, death, disco metal, opera metal, vagina metal, potato metal or whatever. Its just metal, its just music, just listen to it!

[video=youtube;-k9qDxyxS3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k9qDxyxS3s[/video]

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm a big fan of vagina metal tbh.

Aniking

Reaction score
OP asked for heavy, you reel off a list of Bullet for my Valentine wannabes.

You just proved you have no fucking clue. What I reeled off was the list he gave examples of, examples that sound nothing like Bullet if you ever had the time to remove your head from your ass and not make assumptions just because YOU don't listen to it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I once again give you the douchebag music fan!

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Genre discussions ruin metal, when everyone gets caught up on discussing whether a band is metal, black metal, core, death, disco metal, opera metal, vagina metal, potato metal or whatever. Its just metal, its just music, just listen to it!

[video=youtube;-k9qDxyxS3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k9qDxyxS3s[/video]
I will agree on this. Metal became so varied in the 1990's that the indie labels, fans and bands themselves tried to distance themselves from established mainstream bands by coming up with genres on the spot. I don't believe certain genres are even vaild. Grindcore is just death metal with pig squeals. Doesn't need its own name.

I will say though, with "genrification" you can at least start somewhere and find similar bands within that genre. I can be a noob to death metal and say "well, I like how Nile sounds, let me find some similar bands. Oh, there's Hate Eternal, cool"

Reaction score
The elitist mentality drowns discussions immediately. Bullet is nowhere near a "core" band and never were. I put the genres I was mainly speaking of in the title of the thread...

Doesn't mean they aren't shit, they're part of that Scene which a ton of Scene kids thought their music was heavy and good and still do. Honestly, Post-Hardcore and all that stuff is 99% of the time terrible, bands like Bring Me The Horizon & BFMV give decent bands from those genres really bad names.

On a general side note, I mainly listening to In Flames, Scar Symmetry, After Forever, Trivium, Dream Theater, Anterior and Soilwork at the moment in my. But I have over 100gb of music with only a 2gb MP3 MicroSD for my phone, so really those bands are all I got my phone atm until I can get something bigger.

And, just because it's heavy, doesn't make it good.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I was a lot more into the metal scene when I was a teenager. I still listen to it sometimes and I still go to shows occasionally, but I'm just not as swept up in that whole scene as I was when I was younger. I think a lot of the newer bands are weak in comparison, especially when the whole emo/screamo bullshit started infusing itself into bands a lot of kids today consider "heavy". I started listening to electronic music when I was 18 and by my early 20's it dominated my music taste. It felt a lot more sophisticated than metal.

But the bands I was into and still like are people like Metallica, Pantera, Machinehead, KoRn, Slipknot, Megadeth, Coal Chamber, Tool, White Zombie, Gravity Kills, Mushroomhead, American Head Charge, Mudvayne, Deftones, Nothingface, Motograter, etc

Blujay

Reaction score
I don't honestly see what's wrong with Bring Me The Horizon. After they stopped with the typical Deathcore sound they really improved and matured as writers and musicians. I can't find a bad thing to say about their newest album because it appeals to my personal tastes immensely. I'm an employed 24-year-old with a child so I don't really think I'm a typical "scene kid" either. It's a forum so you can all go on bashing each others' taste in music. I don't do that. I like breakdowns and I like synthesizers. I also like dance influences. So bands that incorporate those give me great musical content to listen to. :)

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Bring Me The Horizon have an amazing evolution, their first album was frankly shit, but they've gotten better and better and their latest is amazing.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
But the bands I was into and still like are people like Metallica, Pantera, Machinehead, KoRn, Slipknot, Megadeth, Coal Chamber, Tool, White Zombie, Gravity Kills, Mushroomhead, American Head Charge, Mudvayne, Deftones, Nothingface, Motograter, etc

My smurf! Finally a real man ITT! I see you like your lead singers to be bearded and macho, not these gaylords in tight jeans borrowing their sisters GHD straightners to look like Justin Beiber.
[MENTION=10]Aniking[/MENTION] needs to be more like you, and less like [MENTION=10]Aniking[/MENTION].

Aniking

Reaction score
My smurf! Finally a real man ITT! I see you like your lead singers to be bearded and macho, not these gaylords in tight jeans borrowing their sisters GHD straightners to look like Justin Beiber.
[MENTION=10]Aniking[/MENTION] needs to be more like you, and less like [MENTION=10]Aniking[/MENTION].

Oh shit! Not only was he able to think up a witty remark, but he also demonstrated his cluelessness once again. Great job demeaning yourself again so I don't have to. I'm proud that you're learning fast :dancing:

Everybody's definition of what's heavy and what's not is always going to differ. You'll get somebody who listens to mainstream music listen to a band like BMTH and not enjoy it whatsoever, but then you're bound to get somebody you listens to BMTH (myself for example) who finds bands in the Deathcore genre or something along those lines as heavy. We have our personal tastes, everybody has their opinions, but frankly nobody should be acting like they know a fucking thing about music they don't even listen to.

I don't listen to Pantera, Korn, etc. They're bands that [MENTION=494]We Are Legion[/MENTION] listens to, but am I gonna label them as "terrible" just because of how they look or the fact I'm just not into them? No. That's the problem with people like [MENTION=718]The Cork[/MENTION] - if it's not classed under what he defines as good, or even what he listens to, it's instantly shit. Grow up.