Halo 4 beats Black Ops 2 in 'most anticipated' list - Nielson

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
77038a5602.jpg

Could Call of Duty's dominance of the FPS market be waning? Possibly, according to a recent survey which names Halo 4 as 2012's most highly anticipated game on Xbox 360 above the mighty Black Ops 2.

The results of the Nielson survey says that Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is the most anticipated game on PS3, but not on Microsoft's console, on which Halo 4 takes the top spot forcing Activision's FPS powerhouse to settle for second.

From there on it's the usual suspects on both platforms; Assassin's Creed 3, Madden NFL 13, Darksiders 2 and Resident Evil 6 fill the upper slots as you would expect.

Nielsen collated the results from the survey answers of 4,823 male and female "active gamers" between the ages 7 to 54 collected throughout the month of June - to tie in with game announcement at E3.

5000 people is hardly the most all-encompassing figure, but enough to get a general lay of the land.

Wii gamers voted Just Dance 4 as their most anticipated, but they don't exactly have much to choose from.

Source: News: Halo 4 beats Black Ops 2 in 'most anticipated' list - Nielson - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

This could be due to Master Chief returning, and Halo isn't released every year like Call of Duty is. I'm looking forward to Halo 4 more than I am Black Ops 2 and this is good news. Halo seems to be the game that has been worked on harder and more effort has went into everything around it including advertising. Hope the game beats CoD in sales as well.

The Halo franchise is just amazing though. Didn't realise how good the games were until I played them again today in so long.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Halo's multiplayer has always been solid, so yeah, this isn't surprising. Plus, look at the new shit they added. That shit's beastly.

AF.

Reaction score
Rightfully so. Halo is better than COD and always has been.

I'm more of an unrealistic shooter-type guy. That's probably why I love Gears also. Halo MP is amazing, I had a blast on Reach's MP.

Lewb

Reaction score
I have never played Halo. I may need to look into this. Can you just jump into one of the newer games or will you not understand what's going on?

AF.

Reaction score
I never pay attention to the stories in Halo games. Start playing Reach. I think it's a prequel to the Halo series (not completely sure though) and doesn't focus on the story as much as older Halo games do. It's also the last game by Bungie, and is quite different to the rest of the Halo series (in a good way). It also has amazing online.

You can get it cheap nowadays.

Johnny Ace

Reaction score
After COD World at War, COD has been going downhill in my eyes. Halo on the other hand was good but not great. When Halo Reach came out it I loved it and it felt fresh and familar unlike COD it is the same damn thing year after year now.

Dademo

Reaction score
Only reason I'm buying BO2 is for zombies. I know 60 bucks is a lot of money but I love zombies that much.

That being said, I'm 10x more excited for Halo 4. Forge and multiplayer has me really excited.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Black Ops was a shitty excuse for a game, as is MW3. Is anybody surprised interest in COD is on the decline?

AF.

Reaction score
I have never been able to get into Zombies mode.