Goldberg Talks Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
- Bill Goldberg was at the C4 Comic Con in Winnipeg a few weeks back and was asked about appearing at WWE's WrestleMania XXX. He said Triple H has called him and they have talked but there's no deal in place.

Goldberg said he is open to coming back and would like his son to see him wrestle once but he would only do it for the right price. He said he would never call WWE and ask to come back, and that the ball is in their court and they know what they have to do to get him to return. A WWE source says Goldberg's financial demands were very significant.

Goldberg added that WWE did try to push him on the “think of the pop you’ll getâ€￾ idea but he said from his point of view, they are barking up the wrong tree when it comes to negotiating tactics.

Pwpix

I doubt they meet that price and if they do, I bet it's to fight the other badass spearing people out their shoes as opposed to the bully

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Hasn't this already been discussed, or is it Hogan I'm thinking of?

I dunno, I think Goldberg would be nice to come back, even if it's just for like a 10-15 minute matchup. Can't say that Golderg's return will be a top draw like The Rock or Lesnar, but it will be a great addition to the card. Even if he goes at it against Ryback or even Sheamus I can't really complain that much.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
No matter what they have planned for Reigns, bringing back Goldberg for anyone other than Ryback would be a massive waste. Hell, even bringing him back for Ryback might now be a waste.

Anyways i'm sick to death of hearing about this story, it's the same bullshit we always hear from Austin about 'Oh well if the stars align' you never know.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Im sick of hearing about this, every year is the same, and I cant wait to start hearing the "Sting to WWE" rumours soon enough.

He was a big fish in a relatively small pond, wasn't happy that he couldn't have a winning streak in WWE, and now is going full on jew demanding money, instead of pleasing his fans.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ha!...He brought out the J-Card!

I feel like I read this same Goldberg interview a few years ago verbatim, but with Vince's name instead of Triple H's.

So now ofcourse I'm skeptical of the whole story. Why bring in a guy for one fucking match? Doesn't that sound stupid to anyone else? Rock was signed for a number of shows and PPVs, Brock the same. One match for Goldberg/Sting or anyone else not a A-List Hollywood celebrity is a stupid notion....C'mon ragsheets make up better shit.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I have always said I'd get sting and have him be #30 in the rumble to get his w, appear at the like 2-3 Raws and 2-3 SD then mania. I'd get like 10 dates out of him and 1 of them would be a nxt visit too

But you're right deezy, if Rock or Mayweather could make multiple showings then they better

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I have always said I'd get sting and have him be #30 in the rumble to get his w, appear at the like 2-3 Raws and SD then mania.

That isn't a great way to maximize that acquired asset, atleast when Rock did the Mania appearance, he did 3 live Raws, and put in pretapes and he is A-list Hollywood celebrity. Who the fuck is Sting? A relic from a company that died 12 years ago. Alot of current WWE fans were not even alive when WCW was a big deal.

Would a Sting appearance add buyrates? Nope, hardcore fans are already buying Mania. Sting would be a waste of money, would I like to see it? Sure, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think sting himself is an investment. Get a rumble and mania match, some Raws, a SD or two for ticket sales, and a nxt endorsement, then a legend deal with the hof, merch, and long waited DVD documentary. I think he's more worth the 500k so to speak for wwe than tna who has have him that almost every year. They can make it back and more if he's not given over 1 mil just in my opinion.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Goldberg actually thinks he's worth more money than he actually is? Shocking. Not really though. I wonder if he's aware that he's not remembered for his wrestling.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think sting himself is an investment. Get a rumble and mania match, some Raws, a SD or two for ticket sales, and a nxt endorsement, then a legend deal with the hof, merch, and long waited DVD documentary. I think he's more worth the 500k so to speak for wwe than tna who has have him that almost every year. They can make it back and more if he's not given over 1 mil just in my opinion.

Sting isn't worth 500k today....he may have been 10 yars ago, hell he could've been a 7 figure guy if he signed during the Invasion, but he isn't worth more than a standard legends deal. DVD sales and video game likeness rights should be enough to have him try a few dates for a WM appearance, but again, I'm not going to lose any sleep over Sting not being in an actual WWE ring.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I just have to say that I'm too the point that I'm literally sick of hearing about Goldie and Sting. It's like who cares? Sting has been rumored for so many years in a row only for him to decide that he is going to sign with TNA for another year. His hype in coming to WWE is almost completely gone. Like literally if he doesn't this year then there will be nothing left. I mean sure you can always have the DVD documentary, likeness deal and all that jazz but as far as Sting wrestling in the WWE... who cares?

Then with Goldberg... Could he even wrestle for longer than 5 minutes? I mean now would he even be able to wrestle that long? It'd greatly depend on who his opponent is. But he isn't worth what he wants and even he knows that. But he knows he also has some leverage so if he gets the deal he wants... shoot good for him.

But as far as these two go... if they don't show up... it won't be a loss at all.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Whether there's no hype left at all for Sting anymore, you can bet your bottom dollar the hype will go back into full force if / when the news about him turning down TNA's latest contract comes out.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Whether there's no hype left at all for Sting anymore, you can bet your bottom dollar the hype will go back into full force if / when the news about him turning down TNA's latest contract comes out.

I'll just say the same shit I've been saying since 2011.....No biggie, Sting wasn't a draw, all this hype for him is bullshit and he won't affect any buyrates.....same ol, same ol. People who were on the other sites with me during that time will tell you that.

and I also said Stng and Taker wouldn't stink the joint out if they wrestled, because Takers matches are always the most over and Sting would have the hardcore fans (who already purchased tickets because they do it almost every year) beig all nostalgic about him.

Still won't affect WWE's bottom line.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'll just say the same shit I've been saying since 2011.....No biggie, Sting wasn't a draw, all this hype for him is bullshit and he won't affect any buyrates.....same ol, same ol. People who were on the other sites with me during that time will tell you that.

and I also said Stng and Taker wouldn't stink the joint out if they wrestled, because Takers matches are always the most over and Sting would have the hardcore fans (who already purchased tickets because they do it almost every year) beig all nostalgic about him.

Still won't affect WWE's bottom line.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
I'm not saying it would be a big draw, I'm just saying Sting signing with the WWE would have a buzz around it. Sure it's not going to be a Rock/Cena like draw, but I reckon there would be a decent enough portion of old school fans who maybe don't even watch the product anymore who would possibly buy for Sting/Taker who they would have watched.

Either way i'm with PSYCH, there's plenty of money to be made off of Sting and WWE knows that.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm not saying it would be a big draw, I'm just saying Sting signing with the WWE would have a buzz around it. Sure it's not going to be a Rock/Cena like draw, but I reckon there would be a decent enough portion of old school fans who maybe don't even watch the product anymore who would possibly buy for Sting/Taker who they would have watched.

Either way i'm with PSYCH, there's plenty of money to be made off of Sting and WWE knows that.

I disagree, and I already stated my reasons why.

Let's not turn this nto a 5 page flamefest.