Royal Rumble Give me one good reason why Bryan deserved to win the Rumble?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Because he is a better draw than Roman Reigns and deserves a title shot.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Because he is a better draw than Roman Reigns and deserves a title shot.
So better draw = they should win the Rumble?
Why did ADR and Sheamus win the Rumble? Because WWE were making new stars. Daniel Bryan has held a major title in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Are we not able to make a new star with Roman Reigns?
I also remember a Randy Orton deserving a title shot after he lost it at Mania. Oh right. He didn't get it.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Yes, if the majority of the fans want someone to win the Royal Rumble so much after they pretty much became known as one of the best wrestlers in the world, surely they should give Bryan the win, especially after last year. Perhaps if WWE could get their heads out of their asses last year, Bryan would have finally gotten his Rumble win and automatic qualification to the WM30 main event (although it did result in an epic story inadvertedly) - but instead for the second year in a row, Bryan hasn't won the Rumble and still hasn't even had a proper title reign. He got day-long reigns, finally won the title at WM30, lost it due to his first major injury in a long time and now is back to challenge Brock Lesnar. It's a great story put on a silver platter - nobody criticising WWE for what the result of the Rumble is, no, instead a fan favourite finally wins and we get a match we've wanted for a long time - Bryan vs Lesnar. Rollins can cash in, get even more major heat, and then Reigns can chase him and finally get the feud.

Reigns didn't even get a PPV one-on-one match with Rollins, he pinned him clean twice on RAW, I believe... that's a bit of a waste. Reigns could've had a nice feud with guys like Cesaro and Wyatt, too. Then he gets screwed by Rusev, beats heel Sheamus at Fast Lane to set up a match with him, and dethrones the US champion. Bryan beats Lesnar, gets cashed in on by Rollins while Reigns beats Rusev, drops the title near to Summerslam after a few matches, and chases Rollins.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Don't now how this thread would be considered a troll thread. lol
He legitimately had no reason to win the Rumble this year. WWE has no desire on making Daniel Bryan the face of the company, so why would they want him to go over Brock? The guy who broke The Streak and the guy who defeated John Cena clean. (And by that, I mean destroyed John Cena.)

Daniel Bryan doesn't have the look, he's 5 foot 8 and he has mediocre mic skills.
He gets big pops, but so do other superstars. Do they want to build this small guy as the face of WWE? No.
This isn't a small promotion, this is the biggest wrestling organization in the world.
This is FACT! Sorry, but wrestling doesn't cut it in sports entertainment.
get-em-how-high-o.gif

Get 'em!

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
So better draw = they should win the Rumble?
Why did ADR and Sheamus win the Rumble? Because WWE were making new stars. Daniel Bryan has held a major title in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Are we not able to make a new star with Roman Reigns?
I also remember a Randy Orton deserving a title shot after he lost it at Mania. Oh right. He didn't get it.
Would you of rather Santino won them royal rumbles? And the difference is those two were ready. Reigns is not.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If these (unjustified) hostile feelings towards Reigns continue, and if the WWE just neglects them and keeps on pushing Reigns against the fans' will anyway, then it may hurt his career.
Reigns as the Rumble winner and heading into Mania was supposed to be the top guy, not the top heel.

Who's to say Reigns can't win the title at WM 32?
[Sure, I'm a huge DB fan, and could he win the title at WM 32? Yes. But would I prefer it RIGHT NOW? Hell Yes! I, as a DB fan like many others, don't want DB on top for the next 3 years, just want him to have a proper title reign, that's all.]

Heck, they could save the former-Shield feud for WM 32. Right now, I'd just rather have him hold a midcard title throughout the year before pushing him to stardom, I've been saying it for as long as I can remember.

But, if they wanna have it their way, which I think they will, then I hope this turns out well for Reigns.

Last edited:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Would you of rather Santino won them royal rumbles? And the difference is those two were ready. Reigns is not.
How was ADR ready? He literally debuted less than 5 months ago with a feud against Rey. Does that mean he's ready? And give me the basis of why ADR/Sheamus were ready but Reigns isn't.
As for Sheamus, that was a bad example on my part since he's already won the championship at that point, but still, give your reasoning.

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
How was ADR ready? He literally debuted less than 5 months ago with a feud against Rey. Does that mean he's ready? And give me the basis of why ADR/Sheamus were ready but Reigns isn't.
As for Sheamus, that was a bad example on my part since he's already won the championship at that point, but still, give your reasoning.
Reigns can barely cut a promo, people are bored with how he is booked and who he is. ADR was on massive heat when he debuted, so winning the rumble was to make people hate him, Reigns has had the exact same effect, except he is meant to be face,

Reactions: Jacob Fox

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Reigns can barely cut a promo, people are bored with how he is booked and who he is. ADR was on massive heat when he debuted, so winning the rumble was to make people hate him, Reigns has had the exact same effect, except he is meant to be face,
I don't know where this "barely" is coming from. I remember a few months ago when Reigns said this everyone creamed themselves.

People are just taking everything out of proportion because their golden boy returned and they wanted to see him win. ADR did not get massive heat, he barely got any. People liked his cars and all he did was talk about destiny on a pre-taped show with edited reactions.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
^ Of course we loved Reigns going off script and shitting on Cena. I even had that line in my sig.:happy:

Last edited:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
So apparently Reigns got a huge pop at a live event two nights with only a few minor boos. He did a 15 minute match which was pretty enjoyable, so I'm going to have to put an assumption that he is not ready, because...

1) He can't have long matches. (15 minutes is way too short, right guys? Also, one of the most enjoyable matches of the night apparently)
2) He's going to get boo'ed by every crowd
3) He can't do promos

Reaction score
I'm a fan of the guy. I enjoy his matches and actually think he's underated by most. But that doesn't mean I think he's "ready". My ideal world would be a face Seth Rollins facing against Brock at WM31. Sadly, that won't happen because of the briefcase.

It honestly makes me sick that some people won't even give him a chance to prove himself. They resort to "He's not Bryan? He sucks." You need to get over it.

I don't want Bryan as champion again, I found his title reign unwatchable. I seriously don't think there's someone on Earth that enjoyed his feud with Kane.

Reigns is good, but by no means did he deserve it.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I don't want Bryan as champion again, I found his title reign unwatchable. I seriously don't think there's someone on Earth that enjoyed his feud with Kane.

His title reign lasted only a month, though and they had to have him feud with Kane of all people.
They must've though 'Well, the casuals are gonna eat this one up. Kane is a Big Red Monster!':dawg:

So yeah, that Kane/Bryan feud from last year was BS, just this one is, and just like this Reigns/Show feud is BS.

Would love it if Show/Kane were retired.