Royal Rumble Give me one good reason why Bryan deserved to win the Rumble?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Just a debate thread. Don't really care if they agree or not, just want to see their reasoning behind it. The only thing I've gotten from this thread is that they're mostly mad about how he was eliminated.
Thats the gist I get too. As I've stated previously it didn't really shock me that much. But I knew people would be upset.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, all of his 2 fanboys and a couple of people in the crowd pop for him but in the end, he can't wrestle for shit (and yes, that does matter).
Yeah, you're not going to win a debate if you downplay shit like this. You actually believe a couple of people cheered for Roman? You're fucking delusional.
And if it does matter, why does WWE take models and athletes over professional wrestlers? That's what I thought.

He can't speak for shit.
And Daniel Bryan can? lol. delusional once again.
Daniel Bryan promo - I am a professional wrestler. Will I beat Brock Lesnar? YES! Will I take a dump tonight? YES!

He's not been in one single great singles feud before going on to main event the biggest PPV of the year (blame Vince) and he's just not a great entertainer. I can't wait for him to spend 20-30 minutes getting rekt by Lesnar, and then doing all 4 of his moves to win. Because that's so good, right?
So you're going to enjoy watching Lesnar beat Reigns with his two - three moves than Reigns four? Hypocrisy at it's finest. lol.
And this is based off your opinion. And you make it sound like your opinion is the only opinion that should matter.
lol, you're delusional, kid.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah, you're not going to win a debate if you downplay shit like this. You actually believe a couple of people cheered for Roman? You're fucking delusional.
And if it does matter, why does WWE take models and athletes over professional wrestlers? That's what I thought.

And Daniel Bryan can? lol. delusional once again.
Daniel Bryan promo - I am a professional wrestler. Will I beat Brock Lesnar? YES! Will I take a dump tonight? YES!

So you're going to enjoy watching Lesnar beat Reigns with his two - three moves than Reigns four? Hypocrisy at it's finest. lol.
And this is based off your opinion. And you make it sound like your opinion is the only opinion that should matter.
lol, you're delusional, kid.

1) He's gotten cheers before but I doubt he will continue to, especially now that people can see he's nothing special until Reigns is able to raise his game to deliver PPV quality singles matches.
2) Because Vince has a fetish for muscle and good looks.
3) Daniel Bryan's a LOT better than Reigns. He's not a CM Punk on the mic, but he's not shit either. He's quite good for what he does, he can get the crowd pumped up.
4) Lesnar's delivered quality matches before, and has a decent set of moves to bust out on PPV. Reigns has a couple of moves but once again, he needs to improve a lot more until he's anywhere near the level of Lesnar.
5) If I do, so do you. You decided to create a troll thread and you seem to bolieve Reigns is good enough to main event WrestleMania.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Bryan is actually good on the mic, so is Reigns when given the opportunity. Both of 'em are nowhere near the likes of CM Punk and Dean Ambrose, of course, but neither of 'em are shit.

But hey, good promos don't come around very often, b/c WWE just loves to micromanage everything and hand out Looney Tunes-related promos. Gotta love that!

Reigns has definitely been improving on the mic and in the ring ever since he came back from injury. This is actually coming from a guy who is a huge DB fan.
I never truly hated Reigns, but he's been growing on me recently.

Also, why are people blaming Reigns? I never blamed him for a second, the guy was just doing his job at the Rumble. Let's face it, nobody would refuse the offer to win the RR and headline WM.

It's the WWE who were stupid enough to eliminate Bryan in a shitty way they did and expected the crowd not to piss on everyone else. Well, you were wrong.

They've thrown their supposedly biggest babyface [Reigns] under the bus, just to prove a point to the fans. They have no intent of making Bryan the face of the company. So, they told us to fuck off and we can't always have our way.

If the boos towards Reigns continue, then this is bad news for him.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Bryan is actually good on the mic, so is Reigns when given the opportunity. Both of 'em are nowhere near the likes of CM Punk and Dean Ambrose, of course, but neither of 'em are shit.

But hey, good promos don't come around very often, b/c WWE just loves to micromanage everything and hand out Looney Tunes-related promos. Gotta love that!

Reigns has definitely been improving on the mic and in the ring ever since he came back from injury. This is actually coming from a guy who is a huge DB fan.
I never truly hated Reigns, but he's been growing on me recently.

Also, why are people blaming Reigns? I never blamed him for a second, the guy was just doing his job at the Rumble. Let's face it, nobody would refuse the offer to win the RR and headline WM.

It's the WWE who were stupid enough to eliminate Bryan in a shitty way they did and expected the crowd not to piss on everyone else. Well, you were wrong.

They've thrown their supposedly biggest babyface [Reigns] under the bus, just to prove a point to the fans. They have no intent of making Bryan the face of the company. So, they told us to fuck off and we can't always have our way.

If the boos towards Reigns continue, then this is bad news for him.
IMO, Reigns' promos in NXT (I think someone posted them somewhere else on the forums) were pretty funny when he was heel, and his recent Smackdown promos as a face have been decent but I want to see a bit more energy and excitement added in.

And I agree, Vince and WWE fucked up big time. I don't blame Reigns, I would've done the same thing if given the opportunity... but in the end, is he ready? No, and that has been my point. Reigns with another year of development would probably be perfect, but he's not had the time to develop enough and so I think WWE made the wrong decision.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
1) He's gotten cheers before but I doubt he will continue to, especially now that people can see he's nothing special until Reigns is able to raise his game to deliver PPV quality singles matches.
2) Because Vince has a fetish for muscle and good looks.
3) Daniel Bryan's a LOT better than Reigns. He's not a CM Punk on the mic, but he's not shit either. He's quite good for what he does, he can get the crowd pumped up.
4) Lesnar's delivered quality matches before, and has a decent set of moves to bust out on PPV. Reigns has a couple of moves but once again, he needs to improve a lot more until he's anywhere near the level of Lesnar.
5) If I do, so do you. You decided to create a troll thread and you seem to bolieve Reigns is good enough to main event WrestleMania.
1. Again, generalization.
2. And you have a fetish for small guys who can wrestle apparently. I heard the indies might have what you're looking for.
3. Your opinion. He's a good wrestler, but nothing much with that. I see a lot of potential with Reigns.
4. Well no shit Reigns has to improve. He's been wrestling for almost 5 years improving day by day.
5. Troll thread? Definition of troll: a mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.

So yeah, I'm definitely not a troll.
That's trolling.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
IMO, Reigns' promos in NXT (I think someone posted them somewhere else on the forums) were pretty funny when he was heel, and his recent Smackdown promos as a face have been decent but I want to see a bit more energy and excitement added in.

And I agree, Vince and WWE fucked up big time. I don't blame Reigns, I would've done the same thing if given the opportunity... but in the end, is he ready? No, and that has been my point. Reigns with another year of development would probably be perfect, but he's not had the time to develop enough and so I think WWE made the wrong decision.

Reigns wasn't bad at all in NXT. His heel promos were good.

But, I get your point. They fed him too much too soon (the injury fucked everything up for Roman) and it's not his fault, it's just that in WWE's mind, anyone's a better option to be the face of the company, except Bryan. Okay, can't say I'm surprised.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
1. Again, generalization.
2. And you have a fetish for small guys who can wrestle apparently. I heard the indies might have what you're looking for.
3. Your opinion. He's a good wrestler, but nothing much with that. I see a lot of potential with Reigns.
4. Well no shit Reigns has to improve. He's been wrestling for almost 5 years improving day by day.
5. Troll thread? Definition of troll: a mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.

So yeah, I'm definitely not a troll.
That's trolling.
1. Reigns is definitely not going to be cheered out as the winner, and Rollins cashing in on him will end up with Rollins getting a face reaction, undoing lots of the good work done on making Rollins one of WWE's top heels.
2. Nope, some of my other favourite wrestlers are Lesnar, Lashley, Rollins, Cesaro and Magnus. All 5 aren't small, all 5 can wrestle though. And wrestling is one of the most important things to be one of WWE's top guys. If you can't wrestle, how are you meant to do a 30 minute long match and keep the crowd entertained?
3. Daniel Bryan's one of the best wrestlers in the world and has shown time and time again that he should be one of the top guys in WWE. Reigns isn't that yet, and needs another year or so to be at the level he needs to be to be the top guy.
4. And they want to use Lesnar's last match in WWE for a while (possibly ever) by hoping that Reigns will put on a great match at 'Mania and become the guy.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Reigns wasn't bad at all in NXT. His heel promos were good.

But, I get your point. They fed him too much too soon (the injury fucked everything up for Roman) and it's not his fault, it's just that in WWE's mind, anyone's a better option to be the face of the company, except Bryan. Okay, can't say I'm surprised.
I agree... did I make it sound like I thought his promos were funny in a bad way? I found them entertaining and he was quite funny while being a dick. :p

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I agree... did I make it sound like I thought his promos were funny in a bad way? I found them entertaining and he was quite funny while being a dick. :p

Nah, you didn't.

If these hostile feelings towards Reigns continue to grow among the rest of the WWE Universe, then I guess we're going to see that 'dick' (that is fun to listen to) pretty soon.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
1. Reigns is definitely not going to be cheered out as the winner, and Rollins cashing in on him will end up with Rollins getting a face reaction, undoing lots of the good work done on making Rollins one of WWE's top heels.
2. Nope, some of my other favourite wrestlers are Lesnar, Lashley, Rollins, Cesaro and Magnus. All 5 aren't small, all 5 can wrestle though. And wrestling is one of the most important things to be one of WWE's top guys. If you can't wrestle, how are you meant to do a 30 minute long match and keep the crowd entertained?
3. Daniel Bryan's one of the best wrestlers in the world and has shown time and time again that he should be one of the top guys in WWE. Reigns isn't that yet, and needs another year or so to be at the level he needs to be to be the top guy.
4. And they want to use Lesnar's last match in WWE for a while (possibly ever) by hoping that Reigns will put on a great match at 'Mania and become the guy.
1. Okay, I'm not sure if you know this, but the crowd that you're talking about will be the same crowd that cream their pants at the sight of CM Punk or Daniel Bryan. When they go to a casual crowd, it'll be back to normal.
2. Wait. So you mean to tell me that Reigns can't wrestle, but Lesnar and Lashley can? Clear this up for me, please.
3. And this is off the basis of what? What makes you think Reigns would develop in one year? If I told you that Sami Zayn would be main eventing Wrestlemania in one year, would you believe me? One of the best wrestlers? Sure. One of the best entertainers? Far from it.
4. I don't know how to respond to this. Mostly because that's the point?

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
1. Okay, I'm not sure if you know this, but the crowd that you're talking about will be the same crowd that cream their pants at the sight of CM Punk or Daniel Bryan. When they go to a casual crowd, it'll be back to normal.
2. Wait. So you mean to tell me that Reigns can't wrestle, but Lesnar and Lashley can? Clear this up for me, please.
3. And this is off the basis of what? What makes you think Reigns would develop in one year? If I told you that Sami Zayn would be main eventing Wrestlemania in one year, would you believe me? One of the best wrestlers? Sure. One of the best entertainers? Far from it.
4. I don't know how to respond to this. Mostly because that's the point?
1. And he'll most likely be boo'd soon enough.
2. Lesnar and Lashley are great wrestlers, both well trained as amateur wrestlers and now have risen to be top of their respective companies. Lesnar's delivered tons of great matches, Lashley has been red hot since he came back to TNA.
3. If WWE don't fuck up (I don't blame Reigns, I blame WWE), he could get a couple of more good feuds under his belt, get more experience and mic time and develop a lot more. He was great in the SHIELD, because they hid up his weaknesses and a lot of the time, he was getting hot tags in.
4. I mean that it's an awful lot of hope; Reigns has done nothing to show that he can pull off a 20-30 minute long main event match. Therefore, given a lot more time to develop and do more singles matches on PPV, he could be ready for WM32.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
4. I mean that it's an awful lot of hope; Reigns has done nothing to show that he can pull off a 20-30 minute long main event match. Therefore, given a lot more time to develop and do more singles matches on PPV, he could be ready for WM32.
I'm guessing you haven't seen the man in FCW. He showed that he could hang with Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose, in terms of wrestling ability. I have no doubt that he can put on a good match if they open the doors for his true ability to shine through.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
1. And he'll most likely be boo'd soon enough.
2. Lesnar and Lashley are great wrestlers, both well trained as amateur wrestlers and now have risen to be top of their respective companies. Lesnar's delivered tons of great matches, Lashley has been red hot since he came back to TNA.
3. If WWE don't fuck up (I don't blame Reigns, I blame WWE), he could get a couple of more good feuds under his belt, get more experience and mic time and develop a lot more. He was great in the SHIELD, because they hid up his weaknesses and a lot of the time, he was getting hot tags in.
1. And again, based off what? If a heel turn, then yes.
2. You didn't answer my question. How is Lesnar a great wrestler when he does a German Suplex for the entirety of a match? And I'm a Lesnar fan, just want to know.
3. Who else can he feud with? He's had Orton, Kane and Show. He's already beat Rollins twice, so really, who is there? I don't know why they would get his momentum and throw it down to mid-carders.
4. In MITB 2014, was he not in a ladder main event match for 26 minutes? I don't understand your logic behind things if we're being honest.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I think Bryan would be a "safer" choice than Reigns, by which I mean that if Bryan won, there's very little chance of any backlash against the win in itself, the program and him winning the title. With Reigns, there's a chance the crowds will turn on him, I feel like he could flop as a top babyface, because of the backlash and the fact that he's still not ace on some areas, such as promos (granted most of it is because of what he's given) and ring work (hasn't proven he's that good as a singles). Now, I will say that one good thing about him winning the Rumble is that, despite it being a "gamble" in a way, the prize here would be a new top star and WWE could really use one.