Royal Rumble Give me one good reason why Bryan deserved to win the Rumble?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
At this point, I'm just going to acknowledge that we're not going to agree on everything. I tried several responses but didn't really like any of them. No reason to keep going back and forth.
Well, that's kind of the point of the debate. lol
I can respect what you have to say, it's just that I won't agree with some or most of it.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Alright, let's get a few things out of the way: I'm not a fan of Cena, Seth Rollins, Brock Lesnar, or Roman Reigns (tho, he's been cool thus far).

Dean Ambrose does a great job as a superstar/mic guy, Daniel Bryan is the underdog, and I don't particularly like him, but for a year now, Triple H/Steph has been acting asshole-ish/bitchy towards Bryan. This dismissing Bryan early in the Rumble was painting Bryan as a jobber kind of thing. Shit. This just tells me that Trips told the writers to make it so that Bryan loses Royal Rumble.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
What a troll thread topic
Don't now how this thread would be considered a troll thread. lol
He legitimately had no reason to win the Rumble this year. WWE has no desire on making Daniel Bryan the face of the company, so why would they want him to go over Brock? The guy who broke The Streak and the guy who defeated John Cena clean. (And by that, I mean destroyed John Cena.)

Daniel Bryan doesn't have the look, he's 5 foot 8 and he has mediocre mic skills.
He gets big pops, but so do other superstars. Do they want to build this small guy as the face of WWE? No.
This isn't a small promotion, this is the biggest wrestling organization in the world.
This is FACT! Sorry, but wrestling doesn't cut it in sports entertainment.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
He legitimately had no reason to win the Rumble this year. WWE has no desire on making Daniel Bryan the face of the company, so why would they want him to go over Brock? The guy who broke The Streak and the guy who defeated John Cena clean. (And by that, I mean destroyed John Cena.)

Daniel Bryan doesn't have the look, he's 5 foot 8 and he has mediocre mic skills.
He gets big pops, but so do other superstars. Do they want to build this small guy as the face of WWE? No.
This isn't a small promotion, this is the biggest wrestling organization in the world.
C'mon man. You know the DB fanbase is a hardcore group. If you didn't expect this to get some heated responses I don't know what WWE you have been watching haha. I don't disagree with anything you said above though.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

You say that like Roman Reigns has anything BUT the look, which doesn't mean shit when nobody likes him because he can't wrestle.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score

^
To add on to that statement, all these posts saying that Roman Reigns isn't ready are all assumptions.
Who said Daniel Bryan was ready in 2011 when he won MITB? Although, you can argue that MITB stars have losing streaks once they win it, but he was barely over when he won the championship. He wasn't getting monster pops like he does today, but everyone accepted it because he could WRESTLE. And you know what? He made the best of having the championship.

I want to acknowledge this again, but I'm not a Bryan hater. It's just that I've seen how blind some fans are, so I have to debate about it. I don't like him as much as I used to or at all at this point, but I liked him early on. (By this I mean I'm neutral on him.)
Like, I started chanting YES! before it went crazy at Mania 28. (Apparently called him the Best Wrestler in the World as well. Who would have thunk that?) - Link
C'mon man. You know the DB fanbase is a hardcore group. If you didn't expect this to get some heated responses I don't know what WWE you have been watching haha. I don't disagree with anything you said above though.
Just a debate thread. Don't really care if they agree or not, just want to see their reasoning behind it. The only thing I've gotten from this thread is that they're mostly mad about how he was eliminated.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
You say that like Roman Reigns has anything BUT the look, which doesn't mean shit when nobody likes him because he can't wrestle.
Yeah, because WWE focuses on people's WRESTLING, right?!? lol
Who the fuck is nobody? Stop generalizing your fandom as everyone.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah, because WWE focuses on people's WRESTLING, right?!? lol
Who the fuck is nobody? Stop generalizing your fandom as everyone.
Oh, yeah, all of his 2 fanboys and a couple of people in the crowd pop for him but in the end, he can't wrestle for shit (and yes, that does matter). He can't speak for shit. He's not been in one single great singles feud before going on to main event the biggest PPV of the year (blame Vince) and he's just not a great entertainer. I can't wait for him to spend 20-30 minutes getting rekt by Lesnar, and then doing all 4 of his moves to win. Because that's so good, right?