AMA General Promo Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Stretcher Match: Sean Cutter, Jr. Roleplay Feedback

- this roleplay not only has a great titles, but a great quote to the match - with the quote no doubt an interpretation of what the character truly means character and faith means.

- I think its work on Sanders is simply summed up by Cutter saying he is going to take the silver spoon out of his mouth to do the job, there is no pretence with the character. And should there be? It is exactly who the character is, so there is really no need to say it any other way.

- I like the idea of looking back in time - I don't know how much a reality or fantasy is included, but not that it really matters [although if it was previously written, as a reader I would like to be aware of it - not that recycled material necessarily is marked down, but in some ways has an effect on the story.]

- I like the style of reviewing the tapes - as it almost feels like a propaganda campaign you would have expected to witness during WWII or the Cold War. There is something quite timely about it.

- The father-son interaction was great at the end and is some key character development and a great way to roundoff the roleplay. I always think the transition between a promo cut towards a camera and a scene which perhaps is not meant to be directed at the fourth wall, always need a clear cut-off point. But that is just a preference and something that I don't often do myself.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
AMASaus-3-p.png

Lucha Rules - Tag-Team Match: Saus X Roleplay Feedback

- the opening was confusing, was it a van being driven or a car. The fact that we were told it was a van, but then a car is mentioned leaves me wondering if there a van and a car or is there just on vehicle present.

- sometimes when you are describe a setting you either need to choose to be the audience or being in the head of the character. If you cut from third to first person in the same paragraph it sometimes feels jumped e.g.; if I said a mysterious man was walking towards a camera, and then I said the man was feeling nervous. I would wonder how you jumped to that conclusion. Anyway - moving forwards.

- I like the idea of a fight club scenario and the gritty nature it provides and it paints a picture of the sort of character Saus X. (on a selfish note, I like this because this is the sort of sordid sort of history that Circo has in his past.

- A negative from this promo is that there is no real focus on your opponents this week and in many ways this segment feels like it would be much more suited to be used during results rather than an actual promo. Not that the promo is bad, but if I was talking about perfect placement. You have a lot of potential, and with time you will level up.

Reactions: TOP GUY TIME

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
XWFBrandon-1.png

Lucha Rules - Tag-Team Match: Brandon Roberts Roleplay Feedback

- a Canadian flag and a Tim Horton's cup - the stereotypes for a Canadian wrestler. These are things audience really believes would be present in a scene and things I have made of light on in the past and whether it was meant to be a tongue in cheek easter egg or not, it certainly counts in your favour.

- This is a Canadian proud to be from Canada roleplay (I suspect Jeff had his hand to his chest as he read this roleplay)

- The roleplay was good, but at times it felt a bit generic. I think there is a lot potential with this character, you just have to make it your own. Perhaps a few side character that can really accentuate the Roberts character to really BANG!

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
XWFShinzo-381.png

Lucha Rules - Tag-Team Match: Shinzo Roleplay Feedback

- an interesting setting of the scene - meditation often something relaxing and something that is going to bring focus, which is the furthest thing I can imagine for the Shinzo character.

- the mysterious stranger - the questions that stem from this introduction. Who? What? Where? Why? How?

- the vision - the painting of the picture and the building of the character is important. It leads to some real character development.

- There is a lack of the enemy, the opponents, the task at hand that sometimes I feel sort of has to be mentioned at least in some degree. Not always, but I do felt that the bite of at least addressing one of Shinzo's opponent would have given this roleplay a little bit extra venom.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
XWFGraves-2.png

Believe In Love Not Fear - Steel Cage Match: Graves Roleplay Feedback

- the first scene I got confused in the transition between description of scene and speaking. I wasn't sure if Graves had a voice over element or whether he was addressing the camera or whether it was a monologue.

- The message though is clear - accepting the loss, but not complete defeat. The present is just a gateway to the future, where perhaps this rivalry will blossom once again.

- the promo focus of the next match ticks a box as it talks about the new opponent - and there is a real desire for violence. Almost something zealot like, about the desire to cause violence to other. This is certainly a character you should be worried about facing in the ring.

- It would say that the text was one size too small for my eyes, but that is just an aesthetic rather than a content focus.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
AMANama-3-p.png

The Try-Before-You-Buy Preview Show - 4 Corners Survival Match: Norman Namatjira Roleplay Feedback

- sometimes scene setting only needs to be a few lines, if it gives the audience the picture you want them to have.

- there are elements about this that evoke Aboriginal culture and arts and I was really happy to see you picked a totem for Norman. Would have expected the Echidna to be more fitting to Norman, but the Magpie is more something that is audience are likely to recognise so a strong choice.

- the message Norman is giving is short - but it is also
to the point and is a solid first roleplay.​

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I think my recent promo was my best tbh. Not as lengthy as the last but I think it had a good mix of Wrestling promo and storytelling. :garrett

i'll be sure to give a comprehensive review for it next cycle.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I think everyone is really killing it this cycle. I'm liking what I'm seeing, and it's good to see some more variety popping up with some of the new characters as well as existing characters kind of adapting to different roles.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Looking for feed back on all promos this week , specifically the developing stories of Tetsuo n yuki

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I really liked the character progression with Tetsuo and the little backstory on him with Yuki’s biological father, that was really good stuff Jeff. It was nice, feel good promo.

Yuki’s promo was fun as well, she seems like she’s going to be a ball to write for.

I know you didn’t specify for Northern Touch but I liked both of their separate promos a lot. Johnny’s made me laugh a few times even, especially at the end where he’s upset that Bobby Tremblay spoiled his party.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I really liked the character progression with Tetsuo and the little backstory on him with Yuki’s biological father, that was really good stuff Jeff. It was nice, feel good promo.

Yuki’s promo was fun as well, she seems like she’s going to be a ball to write for.

I know you didn’t specify for Northern Touch but I liked both of their separate promos a lot. Johnny’s made me laugh a few times even, especially at the end where he’s upset that Bobby Tremblay spoiled his party.

Thanks Jimmy, means a lot that you enjoyed them so much :)

Reactions: Jimmy King

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Thoughts on the masterpiece?

PR5HvMNHekzXp14yUqFQe7eL7kDCXR9t1q9ua6mb0ohqJ_jKkFF5si34bsmSft3M1lXnQG_LWnAs0eYjPblWHFhZh04zo6j_j2rFzYB5vnTnW2UY5wAiQ-YCT3xnvPFd-TBRWNK1

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
but yeah, serious it was creative, funny and both promos worked off each other despite being written by two users. good shit guys

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Will take feedback for this week on what are people's thoughts on the ongoing story-arc for Brian. At least now that things are actually explained for wtf is going on.