General Comic Book Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
New Howard the Duck series started today.. entertaining so far!

Howard%20The%20Duck%202015-%20001-000.jpg

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I haven't read many of the series that have come out since 2012 to be honest.. I'm still reading OLD stuff, I basically use it as reading material on flgiths and bathroom breaks and while I'm waiting to do something.

I absolutely love Jason Aaron.. the new Thor series is so damn good!
The Lady Thor series?

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I haven't read many of the series that have come out since 2012 to be honest.. I'm still reading OLD stuff, I basically use it as reading material on flgiths and bathroom breaks and while I'm waiting to do something.

I can understand that. I'm really behind on the different ones I read, but I keep getting more anyway, lol. Figure one day I'll get them all read. But with so little free time, it's hard to find time to sit down and read through too many, or very often. I end up reading different ones based on how much time I have and what I'm in the mood for, or if it's a new one I just can't wait to read. The struggle is real. :haha:

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I swear I should start a general nerd-dom thread for stuff that isn't exactly comic book discussion. But anyway....

For anyone who might be a Joker fan, TeeFury has a pretty cool shirt, called "The Triple Prankster," available today.

b-mco-the-triple-prankster_sil.jpg

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #44 was released Wednesday and it has one of the biggest tragedies in TMNT history...

The death of Donatello
Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles%20044-008.jpg
Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles%20044-009.jpg
Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles%20044-023.jpg

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #44 was released Wednesday and it has one of the biggest tragedies in TMNT history...

The death of Donatello
Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles%20044-008.jpg
Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles%20044-009.jpg
Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles%20044-023.jpg
Huh, not sure why I didn't get an update. Must have missed a few posts I guess. But yeah, holy crap.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Holy cow @Just Kevin - I thought Donatello was just hurt real bad, but apparently he's legit dead (from the sounds of it anyway)

The comic series is written by Tom Waltz and TMNT co-creatorKevin Eastman, and thanks to IGN we have some details to share with you on the moments leading up to his death.

"Leonardo, Raphael, and Michelangelo were trying to stop Krang from terraforming the planet using the alien ‘Technodrome,’ leaving Donatello running command from their home base. Shredder had ordered Bebop and Rocksteady to kill Donatello if anything went wrong, and sure enough, something did. Donatello tried to fight them off, even getting some help from Metalhead (being controlled by scientist Harold Lillia), but the duo was too much. The killing blow came when Rocksteady smashed his shell with a sledgehammer."

http://geektyrant.com/news/a-ninja-turtle-was-just-killed-in-the-comics

Wow, that's crazy to think about. Of course comics are notorious for bringing characters back somehow. But to come out say he did actually die.........
giphy.gif

@Danielson - you seen this story yet?

EDIT: Oh maybe not dead after all....page from the planned issue of TMNT for FCBD (looks like Laird will actually be somewhat close to me that day)
tumblr_nlfqxfvKo51tigjc8o1_1280.jpg

Wells Maine!
shellback-fcbd15.jpg

Last edited:

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Holy cow @Just Kevin - I thought Donatello was just hurt real bad, but apparently he's legit dead (from the sounds of it anyway)

http://geektyrant.com/news/a-ninja-turtle-was-just-killed-in-the-comics

Wow, that's crazy to think about. Of course comics are notorious for bringing characters back somehow. But to come out say he did actually die.........
giphy.gif

@Danielson - you seen this story yet?

EDIT: Oh maybe not dead after all....page from the planned issue of TMNT for FCBD (looks like Laird will actually be somewhat close to me that day)
tumblr_nlfqxfvKo51tigjc8o1_1280.jpg

Wells Maine!
shellback-fcbd15.jpg

:phew: Donatello's always been my favorite. Don't scare me like that. :haha: