General Comic Book Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Picked up a Gamestop Variant cover edition of Marvel's Darth Vader #1 today. Very cool.

DarthVader1BianchiVC.jpg

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Picked up a Gamestop Variant cover edition of Marvel's Darth Vader #1 today. Very cool.

DarthVader1BianchiVC.jpg

Nice. I love all the variants they're doing for these. I picked up a couple of variants I liked for Star Wars #1 (including the Alex Ross variant) and am tempted to get the Skottie Young variant of Darth Vader because.... cuteness. :haha: I actually like the action figure variants, too, though.

Speaking of variants .... I'll definitely be picking up a couple of copies of the Thor Annual, since it combines some of my big loves -- Thor, Jason Aaron, CM Punk, Rob Guillory, and Noelle Stevenson -- and all three stories should be good. Grabbing the Guillory variant cover of it, as well.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Nice. I love all the variants they're doing for these. I picked up a couple of variants I liked for Star Wars #1 (including the Alex Ross variant) and am tempted to get the Skottie Young variant of Darth Vader because.... cuteness. :haha: I actually like the action figure variants, too, though.

Speaking of variants .... I'll definitely be picking up a couple of copies of the Thor Annual, since it combines some of my big loves -- Thor, Jason Aaron, CM Punk, Rob Guillory, and Noelle Stevenson -- and all three stories should be good. Grabbing the Guillory variant cover of it, as well.
I'd be super jealous if you got any of the Campbell variants. One of my fav artists.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I'd be super jealous if you got any of the Campbell variants. One of my fav artists.

Dude, if I could afford it I'd soooooo be on that, haha.

Also didn't think to clarify, but the Alex Ross variant I got is the exclusive one from his online store.

Last edited:

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Reason number 519,627 why my comic book shop is awesome:

They posted this on their Facebook page today concerning tomorrow's snow forecast, with a caption that reads, "Face it, this makes more sense than anything anyone else is saying."

10987405_10206102004728139_4322827919038191931_o.jpg

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Reason number 519,627 why my comic book shop is awesome:

They posted this on their Facebook page today concerning tomorrow's snow forecast, with a caption that reads, "Face it, this makes more sense than anything anyone else is saying."

10987405_10206102004728139_4322827919038191931_o.jpg
LMAO I literally made a Hoth/TaunTaun joke on a FB post this morning with a news img showing the weather at like -30 something wind chill. Too funny

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
The CM Punk story from Thor Annual #1.. enjoy!

Thor%202014-%20Annual%20001-021.jpg
Thor%202014-%20Annual%20001-022.jpg
Thor%202014-%20Annual%20001-023.jpg
Thor%202014-%20Annual%20001-024.jpg
Thor%202014-%20Annual%20001-025.jpg
Thor%202014-%20Annual%20001-026.jpg
Thor%202014-%20Annual%20001-027.jpg
Thor%202014-%20Annual%20001-028.jpg
Thor%202014-%20Annual%20001-029.jpg
Thor%202014-%20Annual%20001-030.jpg
Pretty creative. Kind of meh though.

"The Ultimate Drunkifier" made me chuckle, but thats just cause I'm a Marvel nerd.

Got the latest issue of X-Force in the mail today finally. Looks like Hope Summers is taking over as leader of X-Force from Cable. I've been wondering how the X-Force book was going to tie into this whole deal the Marvel Universe has going on right now.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Read the long-awaited, much-anticipated Suiciders #1 this evening and was not disappointed. I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was a good start to the series. Look forward to seeing what lies ahead and watching the story unfold. Intriguing plot, good writing, good art -- all around winning comic.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Read the long-awaited, much-anticipated Suiciders #1 this evening and was not disappointed. I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was a good start to the series. Look forward to seeing what lies ahead and watching the story unfold. Intriguing plot, good writing, good art -- all around winning comic.

Agreed, I really enjoyed it as well. If anyone else wants to read it I will PM a link, just message me.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Frequent Marvel inker is reported to be missing after he was last noted snorkeling off the Cayman islands.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I made a nice find at my local comic shop Saturday night. Great time as always, but when looking through boxes on the 50% off table, I found one copy of the twentieth anniversary hardcover edition of Neil Gaiman's "The Last Temptation." Was pretty happy about that and pulled it out to add with my stack. Kept looking through, and lo and behold I found another copy of it. Checked it out and realized the cover price was very different, which is when I noticed the second one stated "Signed Edition" above the bar code. Cue GN ecstatic mode. It's a first printing, twentieth anniversary edition, hardcover copy of the graphic novel, triple-signed by Gaiman, the artist Michael Zulli, and Alice Cooper himself to top it off. As a Gaiman fan, I was elated. I wound up hugging it to my chest after I realized what I had found, lol. Those were the only two copies they had. Besides already being 50 percent off, when I got up to the register, the guy who knows me gave me an extra little discount on top of that, as he often does for my friend and me, so that made it even better. Here are some shots of it, if anyone's interested:

odfTy3sl.jpg

Ne5wlhdl.jpg

V3RkVzRl.jpg

rETpLdrl.jpg

Added bonus: It was released on my birthday, woot woot.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I made a nice find at my local comic shop Saturday night. Great time as always, but when looking through boxes on the 50% off table, I found one copy of the twentieth anniversary hardcover edition of Neil Gaiman's "The Last Temptation." Was pretty happy about that and pulled it out to add with my stack. Kept looking through, and lo and behold I found another copy of it. Checked it out and realized the cover price was very different, which is when I noticed the second one stated "Signed Edition" above the bar code. Cue GN ecstatic mode. It's a first printing, twentieth anniversary edition, hardcover copy of the graphic novel, triple-signed by Gaiman, the artist Michael Zulli, and Alice Cooper himself to top it off. As a Gaiman fan, I was elated. I wound up hugging it to my chest after I realized what I had found, lol. Those were the only two copies they had. Besides already being 50 percent off, when I got up to the register, the guy who knows me gave me an extra little discount on top of that, as he often does for my friend and me, so that made it even better. Here are some shots of it, if anyone's interested:

odfTy3sl.jpg

Ne5wlhdl.jpg

V3RkVzRl.jpg

rETpLdrl.jpg

Added bonus: It was released on my birthday, woot woot.
That's awesome! I'm not to up on the book/artist, but it's still sounds like it was exciting. I love finding things like that when you take the time to look.