General AEW Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Maybe even less, MJF wasn't wrong when he said fans turn on champs pretty quick, especially babyfaces they get bored with lol
this has been happening since I started following wwe again too, and prob dates since...well forever. There will always be a subsection of fans who want the chase more than the reign, like you said, ESPECIALLY with babyfaces. and DOUBLE so on, bless him, ultra cheesy ones like Cody

Reactions: Alexa

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
this has been happening since I started following wwe again too, and prob dates since...well forever. There will always be a subsection of fans who want the chase more than the reign, like you said, ESPECIALLY with babyfaces. and DOUBLE so on, bless him, ultra cheesy ones like Cody

My dad always talks about how much he HATED Hogan in the 80s, but he loved Flair lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
My dad always talks about how much he HATED Hogan in the 80s, but he loved Flair lol
Because those types of babyfaces cater to the biggest marks : children

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The difference is atm Cody has a good backstory n he can draw in the older crowd w Dusty talk. Once that well runs dry will b the real challenge. Will he adapt?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The difference is atm Cody has a good backstory n he can draw in the older crowd w Dusty talk. Once that well runs dry will b the real challenge. Will he adapt?

I think so but since his whole story is simply "winning the title" I'm not sure exactly how he goes about it after

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think so but since his whole story is simply "winning the title" I'm not sure exactly how he goes about it after
Yeah thats kind of been my only critique about making that his story. With Sami there was a clear epilogue set if he won, with Cody they will have to tell new stories so its murkier.

Im guessing Seth redux at least would be first order of business. Can always have Seth win mitb

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Some of those bullet points are actual valid complaints but it’s the internet so there’s always going to be hyperbole.

It’s professional wrestling. There’s going to be a fair share of good stuff and a fair share of dog shit.

It’s the extremists(not saying anyone in this forum) that are dead set on being on either side of the fence. The ones that either hate everything either company does or the ones that fan girl and cream themselves over everything that are the issue.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah thats kind of been my only critique about making that his story. With Sami there was a clear epilogue set if he won, with Cody they will have to tell new stories so its murkier.

Im guessing Seth redux at least would be first order of business. Can always have Seth win mitb
Personally I'd hold off. Cody already beat Seth 3 or 4 times now. I feel a Seth title reign is definitely in the cards now, so I'd probably make that a SummerSlam match where Seth perhaps gets the upset there. Similar to Hangman in AEW, I don't personally think it really matters much what happens after Cody wins the belt. The winning of the belt will be the climax and if he loses it a few months later, I think that's fine. He can always win it back down the line because it's not like he isn't a made man anyways.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Personally I'd hold off. Cody already beat Seth 3 or 4 times now. I feel a Seth title reign is definitely in the cards now, so I'd probably make that a SummerSlam match where Seth perhaps gets the upset there. Similar to Hangman in AEW, I don't personally think it really matters much what happens after Cody wins the belt. The winning of the belt will be the climax and if he loses it a few months later, I think that's fine. He can always win it back down the line because it's not like he isn't a made man anyways.
yeah I was more thinking what I think they will do, I like your booking much more. As I said above you could always have Seth win MiTb whenever that is as well, and have him cash in after a particularly nasty match. Maybe even this simple booking ?

Gunther vs Cody at a big ppv, story being Gunther obviously wants revenge after being eliminated by Cody and lets say he lost his title to Sheamus as well for good measure so he is extra grumpy. Beats the fuck out of Cody who wins by the skin of his teeth...only to Seth to pull another heist.

I'll admit I do really want Seth as champ :heston and yeah Cody can just win it back

Last edited:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
LA Knight gotta win MITB. He deserves it for getting himself over despite having to work with Bray

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
On topic in an off-topic thread, Logan Paul will be WWE champion this year.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
On topic in an off-topic thread, Logan Paul will be WWE champion this year.
Where I think he eventually does actually win it, I don’t think it will be til late next year at the earliest. Like no earlier than Sept 2024.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Half the internet still seems in denial that the crowd is going to turn on Cody for Sami when he's still second babyface easily on reactions

Yeah the fact people still think Cody is getting booed in this story are weird. Cody is over. Yeah people cheer louder for Sami but this isn't Batista going into WM30

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Where I think he eventually does actually win it, I don’t think it will be til late next year at the earliest. Like no earlier than Sept 2024.
Either way, it will be a ufn reign