General AEW Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I do not agree or disagree with any of these takes posted in this Reddit thread, but I thought it would be interesting thing to post.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I read that and while there is some good points, the hyperbole is really thick and a lot of it is opinion stated as fact. it was also a huge circlejerk lets hate on aew thread lol

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I have no real opinion on it either way. As mentioned just thought it would be a interesting thing to post and see the responses.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
like for example, I get some are tired of Jericho but the angle he is doing with Starks (attacking him in another match after he lost to him for more matches) is an angle that wrestling has done forever and WWE does most of their feuds like this. so I find the complaints there are just weird, like people expected Starks to beat Jericho once and move on...to what exactly? obviously it leads to ppv match, I dont see at all what the problem is there here outside of Jericho fatigue

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
How can anyone have Jericho fatigue? He is the greatest and a pioneer. His feud with Starks is and has been brilliantly written, almost Shakespearean if I could say, and their PPV match will be wonderful with Jericho winning as he should.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Confused by the new gimmick bc I thought the popular internet opinion was to shit on Jericho

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Respect if you care but me personally, I'm not even gonna bother reading :lol I react to the programming in the moment above all else and I'm not that interested in breaking down every story beat to make sure it's all on the up and up lol. If I don't see the problem in the moment, I'm not gonna go looking for one

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
its also full of bullshit

- "but this company is incapable to leetting a woman have a microphone" - straight up untrue, they get mic time every week, twice a week.
-complains about willow : she just won a big match on tv not that long ago and is a young talent that was originally pencilled in for roh. the ppv is also stacked, why would she be on tv spinning her wheels if she isnt slated for a ppv match?
- complains about preston vance???? the story has been there, its Vance that hasnt exactly delivered since the turn. the turn was done effectively.
- house of black - literally going to challenge at the PPV lol
- Adam Cole - this one is even more bullshit, he just came back from a massive injury, may not be fully cleared yet, and they are building intrigue. it hasnt been the most compelling, but holy fuck, the impatience.
- HOOK - again, wtf, he had some fun stuff lately. he is green as shit and they want to protect him. he is a novelty act atm and thats fine. why do ppl always want development in lightspeed?
- MJF vs Danielson is super fun with great matches, if you want 30 minutes promos, go watch wwe I say. ya he has done this story before but who cares, why is it so hard to just enjoy kickass matches for 2 months?
- BCC could have had more internal promos to explain so dissention, but Regal also cut bait and left. how the fuck is that AEW's fault?
- Daniel Garcia story is weird at times but to complain is ridiculous esp to pretend to worry about his dev. he is getting lieterally tv time 2x a week most weeks. he is doing just fine

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Respect if you care but me personally, I'm not even gonna bother reading :lol I react to the programming in the moment above all else and I'm not that interested in breaking down every story beat to make sure it's all on the up and up lol. If I don't see the problem in the moment, I'm not gonna go looking for one
:WOW

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Confused by the new gimmick bc I thought the popular internet opinion was to shit on Jericho
She seems to have trouble finding the lane between "shit on everything I hate and have it affect others enjoyment" and "pretend I like everything I dislike because the problem is obviously that I'm wrong" :cozy

• Sad

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
also as an aside I will say after falling out of love with WWE and seeing my old complaints, it has become apparent that :

what live crowds like and pop and react for does not always match the negative internet complaints

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
also as an aside I will say after falling out of love with WWE and seeing my old complaints, it has become apparent that :

what live crowds like and pop and react for does not always match the negative internet complaints

Half the internet still seems in denial that the crowd is going to turn on Cody for Sami when he's still second babyface easily on reactions

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Half the internet still seems in denial that the crowd is going to turn on Cody for Sami when he's still second babyface easily on reactions
fwiw, I do think crowds will eventually turn on Cody if he does this act forever, but ppl concern trolling he would get boo because of Sami was pretty wild. I think the only serious convos we had was more "if they do x y or z it may cause some heat for Cody" but then they didnt do stupid shit like have Cody eliminate Sami lol which is the few areas that would have been dumb.

I think also people really like Sami and some ppl find Cody a little much at times so its comes out as wishful thinking? The funniest part, imo, is that a lot of sentiment was blaming AEW fans not wanting Cody to succeed when I can say from my own experience we could not give any less shits what Cody does lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
** and whenm I say turn on Cody, I mean in like, a year or two.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
** and whenm I say turn on Cody, I mean in like, a year or two.
Maybe even less, MJF wasn't wrong when he said fans turn on champs pretty quick, especially babyfaces they get bored with lol