Fuji's Top Twenty Most Hated Films

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I liked Avatar, but I understand why people didn't.

The Viper

Reaction score
Fabulous. I'm looking forward to this very much so. I'll be out for most of the afternoon so yeah, I would LOVE to come home to Fuji bashing Avatar and :inferno: sucking it's dick.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
WARNING - PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE PARAGRAPH BEFORE CLICKING ON THE SPOILER TAG.

Before we begin today's dosage of hate, I'd like to take a quick moment to shoot you out a brief plot summary and I'd like you all to think long and hard about what movie I'm talking about.

"A film released in 2009, where a man is hired to infiltrate a group of aliens whom he initially has reservations about. He eventually grows to understand them after spending time in their skin. He realizes his allies pose a threat to their existence and decides to fight on their behalf. By the climax of the film, he's fighting alongside them in a battle that features a mechanized suit."

Ok, everyone got all that? Say it with me now...what movie am I talking about?

l_1136608_1b2f43bf.jpg

That's right folks, District 9, a great little thriller that worked around the limitations of its somewhat hokey story and became a sleeper hit. I can understand why you might have thought it was another movie though, and hey, speaking of that movie, let's get down to brass tacks and deal with....

2. Avatar

l_499549_43475538.jpg

I really liked Avatar when it was called Dances with Wolves, and the version of it named Pocahontas was equally great. Let's face it folks, we all realize that Hollywood has done every concept to death, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't cry foul when something is a blatant rip off. Hey, you know what's really unique about Avatar? It's total lack of logic in even the most basic ideas. I have a hard time buying that in the future we're able to transmit brain signals into clones yet still require the use of wheelchairs. How fucking advanced can we possibly be if that's the case? Or did we just decide to advance ourselves in certain ways, such as using our incredible computer technology to de-age Sigourney Weaver? Guess what else this movie has in spades? Sheer and utter predictability. I could pinpoint to the second the moment where our hero would be ousted from his community and the exact moment the "leader" would die so that our hero could triumphantly take over. However, I can even look past all of that nonsense because the worst thing about this movie is yet to come. I present Exhibit A....

[video=youtube;TjBCu4N8bxQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjBCu4N8bxQ&feature=related[/video]​

If any of that looks real to you then I'd love for you to send me some of the acid you've been taking because to me it seems like it came out of a fucking video game. This movie sold itself on its heightened sense of realism and revolutionary special effects yet nothing could be further from the truth. Even if I suspend my disbelief, I still can't envision any of that CGI being realistic in the slightest. You know, King Kong didn't look all that realistic in the 1930's either, but then the producers also didn't try to cheat the audience by saying that it would. I've said it before and I'm saying it again here. Avatar is very pretty and I love pretty things. The problem is, I also like substance behind them, so I'd rather go to an art gallery and look at real works of art than be cheated by this egomaniacal piece of filth. I thought Christopher Nolan was bad, but James Cameron just takes delusions of grandeur to a whole new level.

Tomorrow, number one is my final answer.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Ok so your complaining about how advanced they were. Who gives a shit? It's a movie. Unless you have a time machine and can go into the future, you can't say that they won't have such advanced technology. And you say the special effects were bad. How? The effects were amazing. It captured your imagination and made you say holy shit. Yeah it was predictable so what. Most movies are.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ok so your complaining about how advanced they were. Who gives a shit? It's a movie. Unless you have a time machine and can go into the future, you can't say that they won't have such advanced technology. And you say the special effects were bad. How? The effects were amazing. It captured your imagination and made you say holy shit. Yeah it was predictable so what. Most movies are.
But I didn't actually say that. I merely questioned how they could have such advanced technology for certain things yet still rely on crude wheelchairs. That's a major plot hole if you ask me, but then again the movie is chock full of them. I also never said the special effects were bad, I said they weren't realistic, which is kind of what the movie was trying to portray. Did you even read what I wrote?

As for movies being predictable, the one that I referenced before Avatar wasn't, and it told essentially the same story.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's a fucking movie. Stop questioning little things like not being in a wheelchair due to advanced technology. And of course it wasn't realistic. Once again it's a movie

The Viper

Reaction score

Well, he did say the movie was pretty.

Bravo, Fooj, on your explanation of why you hate Avatar. I started to watch that video you posted, but I turned it off within a minute. I STILL have no desire to see it. I guarantee you, that unless I have no choice whatsoever, I will never watch that crap.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Those are great and valid arguments you are making for why it is a good movie. Even dropping in the F bomb to prove your point. You're a true genius. Someday, I only hope to be as smart as you are.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Sounds like someone is very impatient. He's much more busy than you can even think of. Just be patient.

Yeah. He's has a very time consuming job, is a father and dresses as a superhero at night and fights crime.

Fuji, nobody fucks with him. Not even CHuck Norris.

Reactions: 1 person

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
It's a fucking movie. Stop questioning little things like not being in a wheelchair due to advanced technology. And of course it wasn't realistic. Once again it's a movie
It's a valid question though. If science and technology has advanced to both the point of cloning and brain wave transmissions, why should they not have invented a better wheelchair or cured paralysis entirely? For that matter, why couldn't they just shrink down the mechanized suit and give Worthington's character some mech-legs so he wouldn't have need of a chair?

By the way, there actually is an answer to this question, but I doubt you'll figure it out even though it was obviously stated in the movie itself.

Apex Predator said:
Well, he did say the movie was pretty.

Bravo, Fooj, on your explanation of why you hate Avatar. I started to watch that video you posted, but I turned it off within a minute. I STILL have no desire to see it. I guarantee you, that unless I have no choice whatsoever, I will never watch that crap.
Thanks, and yeah, it was pretty...pretty awful. :lol:

Troy said:
Those are great and valid arguments you are making for why it is a good movie. Even dropping in the F bomb to prove your point. You're a true genius. Someday, I only hope to be as smart as you are.
It's kind of like arguing with a 13 year old isn't it?

Sabretooth

Reaction score

And this is exactly why I didn't want to make an argument. Just forget it

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage