Fuji's Top Twenty Most Hated Films

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
I personally enjoyed Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and I didn't think the fight scenes were bad. With that said I'm not really an authority on Kung Fu movies. So it may not be the best one ever made but I thought it was watchable.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I saw it once can't remember a damn thing about it. That should say a lot.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Never seen it before and don't plan on it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Troy said:
A lot of it was the voice overs and even trying to watch it with just subtitles seemed to ruin it.
Believe me, you aren't alone, the main complaint I hear from most people who didn't like the movie is the bad dubbing. Luckily I understand Mandarin (helps being married to someone who speaks it fluently) so I can normally get by listening to it that way, which generally makes these sorts of movies better. Unfortunately this one still stinks, but its at least a little more enjoyable when you hear them speaking the dialogue they were intended to.

TactMrBlack said:
I personally enjoyed Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and I didn't think the fight scenes were bad. With that said I'm not really an authority on Kung Fu movies. So it may not be the best one ever made but I thought it was watchable.
I believe a lot of people would enjoy it quite a bit if they don't have a basis to compare it on. The same holds true for pretty much any genre film. For instance, I'm sure there's a lot of people out there that think Friday the 13th is one of the best slasher films of all time but who also haven't seen Twitch of the Death Nerve or even Black Christmas, which are definitely better examples of that particular style.

Professor Booty said:
I saw it once can't remember a damn thing about it. That should say a lot.
Considering its supposed to be a memorable movie experience, yes, that says quite a bit.

TheAlmightyMitch said:
Never seen it before and don't plan on it.
If you're interested in the genre, just check out one or two of the ones I mentioned before, they're much better. As well, if anyone is interested in perhaps the best example of this style (though a slower film that's certainly not for everyone), seeking out the Shaw Brother's classic "Come Drink With Me" is well worth it. Here's the trailer...

[video=youtube;HzeCrVleGfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzeCrVleGfY[/video]​

And since I love everyone here so much, here's the entire film...

http://pulse-forums.net/showthread.php?5752-Come-Drink-With-Me-(1966)

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
8. The Sixth Sense

l_167404_e2f22ee3.jpg

Usually when a film is made that promises a shocking "twist" ending, that ending should in fact be shocking...not utterly predictable as the ending to this film is. I do believe that it took reading the critic's tagline "you'll NEVER guess the shocking twist" to realize just what that shocking twist would be. In fact, I remember thinking about it while I was waiting in line to see this shitstorm and by the time I finally got into the theatre I was convinced that I was right. Guess what? I was, and I facepalmed with a massive foam finger when the "shocking twist" was finally revealed at the end. You know, I'm just not enough of a dick to ruin it for you in case you haven't already seen it but honestly, you'll most likely figure it out too since its not all that shocking. What is shocking is the overwhelmingly positive response this movie got at both the box office (earned over $600 million worldwide) and critically (garnered several Academy Award nominations but thankfully won none, for once the Academy was spot on). Here's a scene from the film where we first get pedophilic overtones by featuring a child in his underwear and then a horribly cliched "ghost walks past while creepy noise occurs" moment followed by some horrible acting....

[video=youtube;Vc5B-ercdKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc5B-ercdKE[/video]​

You know, the most amusing thing I find about this movie is the kid's line "I see dead people". I've often imagined it to be slightly reversed, as in dead people can be the only ones who "see" anything remotely interesting about this by the numbers thriller that shot its director to the stratosphere. Amazingly, he came crashing back down to reality almost immediately after, releasing a slew of shitty films like The Village and Lady in the Water before somehow managing to fuck up The Last Airbender, flushing a virtually guaranteed profit right down the toilet. Don't even get me started on his film "The Happening", where the trees whisper to us that we should commit suicide. The only suicide that I'd like to see is his, so that we never have to sit through any more of his pretentious and arrogant bullshit again and NO, I am not typing out his fucking name because it's also fucking pretentious and makes me puke every time I hear it. You want to see dead people? Go dig up a corpse, or preferably seek out the director of this shit and kill him before mounting him on your wall.

Next up, Fuji vs. The World...and a fucking awful movie.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
THANK YOU. Sixth Sense is overrated as fuck, saw the ending coming a million miles away.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
THANK YOU. Sixth Sense is overrated as fuck, saw the ending coming a million miles away.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks its totally overrated. Thankfully the moron who made it has been exposed as a talentless hack since its release. The only problem is that people still give him money to make movies. :lol:

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Yeah always hated it. Can't stand HJO but look at him now his career has really flourished.

mde

Reaction score
I disagree with the vast majority of this list. Especially 6th sense and Jerry Maguire.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah always hated it. Can't stand HJO but look at him now his career has really flourished.

Yeah, he's a real "star" these days. :lol:

mde said:
I disagree with the vast majority of this list. Especially 6th sense and Jerry Maguire.
That's great that you disagree and all...but why? I always encourage some form of debate or discussion here, so if you want to make a case as to why certain films on this list are good please feel free to do so, I'd be more than happy to hear it.

mde

Reaction score
I was just entertained by them is all. I guess I don't go into movies looking for it to be the end all be all. If it entertains me, I like it. I'm pretty simple that way. I rarely watch a movie and after it's over think "wow, that sucked".

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I was just entertained by them is all. I guess I don't go into movies looking for it to be the end all be all. If it entertains me, I like it. I'm pretty simple that way. I rarely watch a movie and after it's over think "wow, that sucked".
Generally the positive attitude that you have is the best way to watch a movie. It explains why I enjoy stuff that most people would never even watch and also why I've given literally thousands of movies a chance. In my 33 years I've seen more than 3,000 of them, from every single genre imaginable and from the heights of brilliance to the depths of sleaze. My tastes are radically altered because of that, and so some movies that I think are amazing are generally not as highly praised while others that I can see through and are highly praised I think suck. For the record, here's the movies I've rated 10/10 in my normal review thread...

Predator
Total Recall
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins
Terminator
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
Dark Night of the Scarecrow
Vertigo
The Goonies
The Breakfast Club
The Warriors
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
John Carpenter's The Thing
The Empire Strikes Back
The Godfather
The Godfather Part II
The Shining
Dead of Night AKA Deathdream
Die Hard
Platoon
Psycho

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Although it has been over 10 years since I have seen Sixth Sense, I disagree that it was a total shitstorm. Halfway through the movie when I actually thought about it, I figured out the ending. Yeah, that did kind of ruin the movie for me, but I kept an open mind the rest of the way through it. I know a lot of people that didn't know the ending to the movie and claimed they did, much like with Fight Club. Not saying that is you at all though.

Either way, I thought (then obviously) it was a great movie and Bruce Willis, although a little stiff in his acting did a fine job.

I do hate M. Night Shamalyananomakemoremovieshimalya though.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I actually had Fight Club spoiled for me by people coming out of the theatre while we were waiting to go in, fucking brutal. As for Willis' acting, he was alright, but he didn't exactly set the world on fire with his work. The only person I really enjoyed in the film was Donnie Wahlberg. Anyhow, on to today's movie, one that I think MAY inspire some debate....

7. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

l_446029_62f6d1e5.jpg

After watching this film, I became convinced that it had finally happened. Yes, I realized I was getting old, because clearly I'm not the target market for this vile piece of trash. I guess if I was about 21 and living in my parents basement while playing video games non-stop and trying to figure out why I'd yet to have sex, this would probably be the movie for me. Unfortunately I'm 33 years old, have my own house and have lots of sex, so yeah, I can see why I'm missing the point here. Or maybe there really wasn't one to begin with and this movie really is just a three minute story with nearly two hours of stupid special effects shoved in. Hey, I like the director, he made Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, but you know, you can always have a fail or two on your resume as well, and boy is this one his. I think the main problem in this movie is everything about it, but if I had to peg one particular thing I hated the answer is clear...Michael Cera. Check out his awesome "acting" in this scene...

[video=youtube;dLpCZ8g5uK8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLpCZ8g5uK8[/video]​

I honestly don't get how this kid manages to get work considering he plays the same bland, dull character in virtually every film. This movie was based on a popular manga (some silly name for a sort of comic book that only nerds read) which should have told me everything I needed to prior to seeing it. I can see why people like this movie though, its like some sort of wet dream for dorks, where video game rules apply in the real world and chicks actually show interest in you. I can also see how it appeals to the younger crowd, you know, the kind that likes hip references to things that they don't understand and cool indie music that they'll go around bragging to their friends that they were first to discover before turning on the band when they sign with a major record label. Anyhow, regardless of what sort of overrated hype you've heard about this film, I personally think it blows and to be honest, if you're over 18 and like this sort of thing, I really just don't know what to say.

Tomorrow, a box of chocolate turds.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman