Free Flow WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

The titles mean shit now. Everyone knows no matter who wins, their title reign will go for 2 months tops, maybe 3 if they're lucky. If this truly is Shawn Michaels final match, it would be an absolute travesty to not have it end the show behind of some half-baked Edge/Chris Jericho match. If it truly is the end to the streak, it would be another travesty to not have it end the show, yet have a match for a championship which doesn't even matter anymore instead.

Throughout the 90s HBK and Undertaker were the few who stuck with WWE. Bret left, Hogan left, Flair left, many more left. But they stayed. They deserve this, who knows, this could be the final Wrestlemania match of any quality these two put on, why have it in the middle when you could provide the greatest end to a Wrestlemania since Benoit & Eddie?

Reaction score
The titles mean shit now. Everyone knows no matter who wins, their title reign will go for 2 months tops, maybe 3 if they're lucky.

I acknowledged how the titles are treated, so your point is useless. Besides that, the people that do respect them won't allow them to be over shadowed.

If this truly is Shawn Michaels final match, it would be an absolute travesty to not have it end the show behind of some half-baked Edge/Chris Jericho match.

First, don't be such a mark. HBK'll be back right before or right after SummerSlam. They would have built his retirement like they did Flair if this was his last match.

Secondly, they planted the seeds for Jericho/Edge last year, and have done a decent job building it up. Edge is hot right now, and Jericho is the best all around in the company. Their feud isn't half baked at all, this could be a sign that you don't watch Smackdown at all.

If it truly is the end to the streak, it would be another travesty to not have it end the show, yet have a match for a championship which doesn't even matter anymore instead.

The streak isn't ending anytime soon, which is a travesty in itself. He should never been given this accolade, Taker doesn't deserve it and when it could have been used to help someone with Taker finally giving back to the company he selfishly kept it.

Throughout the 90s HBK and Undertaker were the few who stuck with WWE. Bret left, Hogan left, Flair left, many more left. But they stayed. They deserve this, who knows, this could be the final Wrestlemania match of any quality these two put on,

Just because they stayed with Vince the entire time titles them to jack shit. The Brooklyn Brawler never went anywhere and you don't see him main eventing anything.

why have it in the middle when you could provide the greatest end to a Wrestlemania since Benoit & Eddie?

The reason why Mania 20 ended the way it didn't wasn't just because Chris Benoit wrestled in the main event, or that Eddie faced Kurt. It ended the way it did because they both walked out with the top titles in the business. That's the reason why HBK/Taker will not and should not end Mania.

MizMasta3000

^That Eddie and Benoit gives me a wonderful idea.

Edge/Jericho is the main event. Edge Wins. Christian (MITB winner) comes out and congratulates him. The confetti comes down the crowd marks out on E&C interaction then...BOOM The Killswitch and Christian is the new WWE Champ. BOOK IT!

Moonlight Drive

Even you admit the titles are a joke. Then why should they end the show? Regardless of whether it's permanent or not, the 'end' of Shawn Michaels career would be a lot more of a poetic ending to the show than John Cena winning the belt again. Same goes for the end of Undertaker's streak. That match and its ending is going to be the talking point after the show and for quite a while afterwards, while Edge or Cena's victory will all amount to nothing in a month when they drop the belts.

MizMasta3000 said:
Edge/Jericho is the main ever. Edge Wins. Christian (MITB winner) comes out and congratulates him. The confetti comes down the crowd marks out on E&C interaction then...BOOM The Killswitch and Christian is the new WWE Champ. BOOK IT!
E & C were dead long ago, half the audience probably won't even know Edge and Christian used to tag. Besides, I don't think WWE is ready to give Christian that kind of position in the company.

Reaction score
Even you admit the titles are a joke. Then why should they end the show?

Because that's one way of bringing them back up, plus that's what should be the most important goal for everyone in the company.

I'm sorry man Raw is about to start and I can't bring myself to keep rehashing this.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Taker/HBK won't end the show it will end with Cena/Batista.

HBK/Taker
Edge/Jericho
Cena/Batista

And while I don't think they should not close the show with a title match, it really is hard for any matches to follow Taker vs HBK, especially with such a huge stip. Last year, after the HBK/Taker match everything else just appeared lame.

Great One

Pretty certain they'll have HBK and Taker end the show this year. Even if it is to throw a swerve.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I think Mr Wrestlemania is going to bow out defeated by taker. And that is why i reckon that HBK/Taker 2 will end Mania. But with that been said they usually send the crowd home happy =/.

I just got a feeling that HBK/Taker will end mania and that Michaels will lose:(

maty619

Reaction score
I think Taker will win but HBK will somehow get himself back in WWE, everyone's happy and Cena gets to have a go.

straight_edge76

Seriously though HBK/Taker should be good but it will not end the show. It by all means should be the pre-main event imo. But the most likely main event is imo Batista/Cena. Afterall it is the WWE title match, which more often than not gets priority as the main event.

Reaction score
Seriously though HBK/Taker should be good but it will not end the show. It by all means should be the pre-main event imo. But the most likely main event is imo Batista/Cena. Afterall it is the WWE title match, which more often than not gets priority as the main event.

The titles should always get priority, regardless of who's leaving or who's facing off against each other.

straight_edge76

That is kind of what I was getting at. I could be wrong but typically the last match at Wrestlemania is usually the WWE Championship match with a few exceptions: XX, XXI, XXIV.

MizMasta3000

Why did Ronnie get banned. I ACTUALLY liked him.

I feel that the Bret/Vince match will be second to last to the Batista/ Cena match

straight_edge76

I wouldn't be suprised if it was tbh. I see the "Big 4" (Jericho/Edge, Bret/Vince, Taker/HBK, Cena/Tista) going like this though;

Edge/Jericho
Bret/Vince
Taker/HBK (2 and 3 can easily be flip flopped though)

Cena/Batista will be the Main event though.