Former WWE Women's Champion Calls Out AJ Lee

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I don't see the connection with the Montreal screwjob myself they seem like two completely different things. I would say its iconic because it was one of the first big blows landed in the Monday Night Wars, it may seem petty now, but at the time it was exciting.

To me she mattered as she opened a lot of doors for females in wrestling both as personailties and as wrestlers. She was a key part of the Dangerous Allience and was the first major woman to be pushed post 80s in WWF. And by the way I always found her hotter than Missy!

It led to the MSJ because after what she did to the Women's Title, Vince didn't want to take the risk that Bret would do it too with the Heavyweight Title. Bret could have had his storybook farewell if not for her unprofessionalism.

Weez

Reaction score
Yeah, what Nukem said. The connection between those two events is well documented. As far as Medusa herself goes, I loved her in the early 90s. She was well ahead of her time. But much like Sunny, she's just a has-been crybaby trying to stay relevant.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Who the hell is Medusa besides the Nitro appearance, title trash can woman? Seriously, AJ is one of the more entertaining and relevant women in wrestling to date, and she's being called out by one who was just another disposable women's champ?

And as far as the tattoo. Who gave Edge any grief over that? He has a body covered in tattoos with each one representing different accomplishments in wrestling. Good for AJ for showing some pride in her work.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
LOL Medusa trying to get monster truck tickets sold by working wrestling fans. Bet her trasing that title on Nitro and feuding with Robert Parker was better than facing Aja Kongs and Bull Nakanos in WWF.

As for AJ being teased about her tattooing mark shit on her body....Yeah, thats a mark move. It's a job, and WWE wants their employees to act like professionals and not like marks. does anyone just notice this now?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Who the hell is Medusa besides the Nitro appearance, title trash can woman? Seriously, AJ is one of the more entertaining and relevant women in wrestling to date, and she's being called out by one who was just another disposable women's champ?

And as far as the tattoo. Who gave Edge any grief over that? He has a body covered in tattoos with each one representing different accomplishments in wrestling. Good for AJ for showing some pride in her work.

To fill in the blanks she had a big part to play in the Dangeous Alliance in the early 90s (one of most underrated characters at the time) and then did well for herself as women's champion in WWF. Her second WCW spell wasn't as good despite the impressive start. AJ still has a way to go to match her IMO.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
To fill in the blanks she had a big part to play in the Dangeous Alliance in the early 90s (one of most underrated characters at the time) and then did well for herself as women's champion in WWF. Her second WCW spell wasn't as good despite the impressive start. AJ still has a way to go to match her IMO.

How do you say "big part" and "underrated" in the same sentence and not contradict yourself?

She was nothing special, just another womens wrestler, just because you hold a million titles in womens wrestling doesn't mean you were anything special, especially when you were the only real contestant in that division and the company has to fly in competitors for a title nobody cared about. GLOW wrestlers like Little Egypt done more than Medusa, she was every companies experiment and that experiment never caught wind under it's wings. Hardly a career worth saying was a success.

Weez

Reaction score
How do you say "big part" and "underrated" in the same sentence and not contradict yourself?

She was nothing special, just another womens wrestler, just because you hold a million titles in womens wrestling doesn't mean you were anything special, especially when you were the only real contestant in that division and the company has to fly in competitors for a title nobody cared about. GLOW wrestlers like Little Egypt done more than Medusa, she was every companies experiment and that experiment never caught wind under it's wings. Hardly a career worth saying was a success.

Damn, I LOVED GLOW lol. We're the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling, We're all Champions in the Ring... Lalala. I can't fully agree with you here this time, Deezy. I'll give Madusa her due credit. She was a rare bright spot in that early-midlate 90s Womens wrestling desert. I mean, who knows if she could wrestle because it's not like they featured it in the WWE at the time?

When she threw the belt in the trash I legit had no idea WWE had a Women's champion. True fucking story.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Womens division was another failed attempt in WWF around 94-95. She was basically the only women on the WWF roster full-time and had to fly in every women from Japan. WWF had to make a shit deal with FMW and let them use HBK to special referee one match and Foley a few years later just to get some women for this overrated chick to wrestle.

Can't give anyone credit who pretty much screwed over a company that gave her everything she ever got. This isn't some Mike Awesome situation with the title either, she was getting paid (not like Awesome who was owed quarter a mil) receiving the biggest push of her career (she wrestled in Mania ffs). And this bitch decides to drop that title in the trash....for what? a month long feud with Sherri? A terrible match with Robert Parker?

Like I said, GLOW actually had women who drew, she never was considered a draw ever. She tanked in AWA, given a marginal rise in WWF but it never took off, and she dove off a cliff in WCW.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
For someone who threw the Title in the trash she suddenly seems to care alot about it...pretty sad how these old wrestlers end up. Broke, drugged out and desperate for attention.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
To answer your question deezy she was an interesting female character when in the Dangerous Alliance, having amongst other things sex appeal (but in a more moody, bad girl way than Missy) as well as being able to get physically involved (her black belt in Karate was a nice twist) and a decent personality too.

I agree that the WWF Women's Division in the mid-90s failed, but that was largely because they did not have a actual division rather than a lead babyface and a few random monster heels who took it in turns to challenge her. For what its worth I actually think Blaze got over pretty strong considering she was leading a midcard division.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I really wish WWE would let AJ retort. Would be funny as hell. This whole thing is stupid and Madusa needs to get over herself, it's embarrassing.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
To answer your question deezy she was an interesting female character when in the Dangerous Alliance, having amongst other things sex appeal (but in a more moody, bad girl way than Missy) as well as being able to get physically involved (her black belt in Karate was a nice twist) and a decent personality too.

I agree that the WWF Women's Division in the mid-90s failed, but that was largely because they did not have a actual division rather than a lead babyface and a few random monster heels who took it in turns to challenge her. For what its worth I actually think Blaze got over pretty strong considering she was leading a midcard division.

Still debate the part on her being a "big part" in the Dangerous Alliance, Let's not rewrite history and act like she was Chyna-like and got over huge.

As for WWF booking random monsters vs lead babyface.....That's how they always booked their champions. NWA had face chasing heel for the most part and WWF was babyface fending off heels.