Flintstones Movie

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
John Cena tweeted about the new movie with WWE and Flinstones:

“Just found out the #FightingFruityPebble is BACK! @WWE + @FlintstonesFOX are making a movie! #YabbaDabba do I somehow owe @TheRock 4 this?!â€￾

Vince McMahon also commented on Twitter:

“WWE and The Flintstones make great tag team partners! Yabba Dabba Woooo!â€￾

Shame the first John Goodman movie was great. Shame they felt the need to make the second one a prequel and use inferior talent. Really hope they don't feel the need to cast Cena or the Rock in any of the main roles.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
This is going to be just beyond terrible and will probably try to avoid this at all cost.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
What's the harm? its just two worlds crossing like the jetsons movie. Plus fred and Barney have did wrestling before and Bam Bam is a strength freak. I was a flintstones mark as a kid though, even for the kid version of hem with captain Caveman, so I have no problem with flintstones or Scooby cartoon movies

Its just a damn cartoon movie as the report said with wwe stars doing voices

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
STAMFORD, Conn. May 29, 2013 – Warner Bros. and WWE Studios (NYSE:WWE) today announced they are once again teaming up; this time to co-produce a Flintstones animated movie to be released in early 2015.

Fred, Barney and the whole Bedrock gang join up with Vince McMagma (Vince McMahon), and WWE Superstars and Divas including John Cenastone (John Cena®) and CM Punkrock (CM Punk®) as part of the very first WWE main event.

“WWE is family-friendly entertainment, so partnering with Warner Bros. on a Flintstones/WWE project was a natural extension of our Scooby Doo deal,” said Michael Luisi, President, WWE Studios. “This new, animated feature allows us to showcase our brand with young fans and loyal Flintstones enthusiasts alike.”

“Warner Bros. is thrilled to continue our partnership with WWE Studios as we begin production of the latest Flintstones animated feature,” said Jeff Brown. “Our recent production collaborations have proven successful and we have the utmost confidence that the latest tag team between the WWE Superstars and The Flintstones will deliver the same results.”

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will handle worldwide distribution on Blu-ray, DVD, VOD and digital download. The film will be co-produced by Warner Bros. Animation and WWE Studios. WWE will utilize its extensive global reach through its television, digital media and print assets to market the release of the film.

Bradley Buchanan, SVP of Business and Legal Affairs negotiated on behalf of WWE Studios. For more information, visit Corporate.WWE.com.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Ah I was under the impression it was a live action not an animation that I can swallow.

Though it is odd that WWE is crossing with all these Hannah Barbara cartoons.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cena is on the Fruity Pebbles box lol, but I guess they took something away from the saturday morning partnership with saban and Vortex. I would have been against live action endeavors, but cartoons can be in good fun. I haven't seen a flintstone cartoon in so long. Maybe they will bring the Jetsons back for a little feature if this goes well

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Hearing people complain like they are being forced to watch it. That's always the fun part.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Shame the first John Goodman movie was great. Shame they felt the need to make the second one a prequel and use inferior talent. Really hope they don't feel the need to cast Cena or the Rock in any of the main roles.

I will take Jane Krakowski over Rosie O'Donnel any day of the week. Alan Cumming(Nightcrawler from X-2) as Gazoo was amazing, Kristen Johnson was a far better Wilma, and Stephen Baldwin was just as good as Rick Morranis, he also had the more memorable line with "Betty wants to make me breakfast, I don't know what we will do until then, but you know me, I can't turn down a good meal".

MV5BMjA4MzQ3OTcxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTk5NjY3__V1__SX550_SY353_.jpg

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I will take Jane Krakowski over Rosie O'Donnel any day of the week. Alan Cumming(Nightcrawler from X-2) as Gazoo was amazing, Kristen Johnson was a far better Wilma, and Stephen Baldwin was just as good as Rick Morranis, he also had the more memorable line with "Betty wants to make me breakfast, I don't know what we will do until then, but you know me, I can't turn down a good meal".

View attachment 543

Nice to see another Krakowski fan, she is pretty awesome, not least when she sings!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not as interested in this compared to their collaboration with Scooby Doo. Thankfully it isn't live action as that just wouldn't work well.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I just don't see why its happening now. When in the 80s you had HB doing movies with everyone crossovers mega stars the globe trotters.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Maybe they want to get back to doing those crossover promotions to increase interest in their brand again. Back then there were bigger fish to fry for them and now they see WWE as a great way to get attention from a wider audience. WWE has a young audience and more importantly WWE are also interested in films and so will help finance the production of it. It is a pretty good fit especially since it is animated and not live action.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of this to be brutally honest. Why does WWE need to be apart of this? Regardless if it's a cartoon or not, it just wouldn't be the same as the original and that's the one I fell in love with and will continue to love.

Whitewizardg

Banned
Reaction score
This is going to be the best movie WWE has ever made, Cena is such a great actor.

I can't wait for this.