Finn Balor is overrated

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
He's not really vanilla, though.
Not when you are first introduced to him he seems different. Then you watch him a few times and it's like huh that's it I guess

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Thank you for taking my posts and condensing it, into something that makes sense :angry: :mad2:

I'm going to condense my foot up your arse if you don't watch it missy. :finger:

(I didn't even read your post lololol)

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Not when you are first introduced to him he seems different. Then you watch him a few times and it's like huh that's it I guess
Yeah, I see what you mean, but that's really everyone in WWE. You can virtually call the spots before they even happen. Dean Ambrose has been doing the ricochet clothesline, suicide dive and elbow drop for years. Rollins has been doing the turnbuckle powerbomb, missed Phoenix Splash. Cena has been doing the springboard stunner, shuffle and shoulder tackle for a decade+.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yeah, I see what you mean, but that's really everyone in WWE. You can virtually call the spots before they even happen. Dean Ambrose has been doing the ricochet clothesline, suicide dive and elbow drop for years. Rollins has been doing the turnbuckle powerbomb, missed Phoenix Splash. Cena has been doing the springboard stunner, shuffle and shoulder tackle for a decade+.
I've never seen Balor in wwe sans a few NXT matches. That was my take when he was prince devitt

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Prove it :tough:
shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Roadster

jacobmiller

Jobber
Reaction score
In my opinion, Finn Balor is a big part of the future, especially considering that their is now a Brand Split. He will not and should not be the face of the company, but he should be in the main event picture.

Reactions: Fuzion

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
To be fair that also comes down in part to material given to work with. During the latter stages of the feud with Samoa Joe he came of as bit of a more deep and developed character because he and Joe were presented as despising one another. Granted Joe outshone him, but Samoa Joe is a completely different animal and topic.

Letting him just be himself ends up being a very bland character tho. That I will always agree on. He's not a guy who should just be left to his own devises for long

Reactions: Snowman1

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I have feeling that balor is going to be time of those stars that grows on you. I can recall quite a few people that said Rollins is great in the ring, but sucks on the mic and doesn't seem like a main eventer. This was around his MITB days.

Then, after he became champion and got a little better on the mic, people now say he's the best heel in WWE, best overall worker, etc... I'm not saying that this will be the case with Finn balor, but the guy is by no means "overrated"

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
You said this in my thread that was very similar to this. Do you not know what overrated means?

I honestly like the guy. He has a good look, wrestles good matches, has a unique gimmick he uses at special shows, and he's okay, but forgettable on the mic. And I did enjoy him winning on RAW, a few weeks back because it was a surprise. Roman Reigns was being touted by both the fans and WWE as the returning hero, but instead a guy who just shows up gets the book for the Main Event of SummerSlam. And that's both sweet and sour. If Roman Reigns got the #1 Contender spot, on his first night, people would've freaked and claimed it was Vince's Roid Boner that got Reigns booked into it. But the weird part is that Finn Balor was likely rallied for that spot by Triple H's Indie Boner. It's not like he does anything different than Reigns and other top stars. As Stopspot and Pop Tatari have said, he's just as formulaic as anyone else. And in many ways is just as uncomfortable on the mic. Seth Rollins did out-speak him, but that too isn't anything to brag about. Seth Rollins has spent years portraying the cocky heel gimmick, he's obviously gonna be better than a guy who hasn't had a real gimmick and spent most of his time in promotions and markets that lack an emphasis on speaking. Anyways, he sticks to his regiment, but busts out something different-yet-forgettable depending on the specialty. So what exactly is it that allows him to be automatically pushed into the main event of the 2nd biggest show, of the year, for the biggest title introduction in 13 years with no backlash?

It's a double standard.

Do you not know how to recognize sarcasm? Maybe I should've colored my post in yellow. lol And tbf, Stop posted that same sentence in your thread.

Now, for the record, I have never once said Finn is the greteast thing ever and that he's revolutionizing wrestling and making it cool again. Never.

You're just coming off a bit bitchy here.

And don't talk to me like I'm his biggest nuthugger, that thinks Finn should be in the ME all the time and should be the one to break Flair's 16 World title reigns.

And yeah, he is good in the ring and has charisma, but he's definitely not on Tanahashi's level for instance. I also agree with you, he doesn't have it on the mic, therefore he isn't a full package.

Now, I'm not sure HHH's "indy boner" pulled some strings to have Finn win, because, if anything, HHH is a Rollins mark. And the reason Finn got pushed to the moon on his first night was probably done to protect Roman long-term. Had Roman won, the backlash towards him would've gotten even worse and he would've been fucked beyond repair.

But don't worry, Rollins is the "Mr. First" in WWE. He'll defeat Finn and become the inaugural Universal champ. And all will be right with the world.

Reactions: edge4ever

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
To be fair that also comes down in part to material given to work with. During the latter stages of the feud with Samoa Joe he came of as bit of a more deep and developed character because he and Joe were presented as despising one another. Granted Joe outshone him, but Samoa Joe is a completely different animal and topic.

Letting him just be himself ends up being a very bland character tho. That I will always agree on. He's not a guy who should just be left to his own devises for long
Joe is crushing NXT then? That's awesome. Dude has always had elite elite potential. It was sad seeing him waste away not giving a fuck in TNA after his amazing start there.

Reactions: Snowman1

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Do you not know how to recognize sarcasm? Maybe I should've colored my post in yellow. lol And tbf, Stop posted that same sentence in your thread.

Now, for the record, I have never once said Finn is the greteast thing ever and that he's revolutionizing wrestling and making it cool again. Never.

You're just coming off a bit bitchy here.

And don't talk to me like I'm his biggest nuthugger, that thinks Finn should be in the ME all the time and should be the one to break Flair's 16 World title reigns.

And yeah, he is good in the ring and has charisma, but he's definitely not on Tanahashi's level for instance. I also agree with you, he doesn't have it on the mic, therefore he isn't a full package.

Now, I'm not sure HHH's "indy boner" pulled some strings to have Finn win, because, if anything, HHH is a Rollins mark. And the reason Finn got pushed to the moon on his first night was probably done to protect Roman long-term. Had Roman won, the backlash towards him would've gotten even worse and he would've been fucked beyond repair.

But don't worry, Rollins is the "Mr. First" in WWE. He'll defeat Finn and become the inaugural Universal champ. And all will be right with the world.
I'm not Blue, lad. I obviously knew what you mean't. You're saying he's not overrated, while there's multiple points of evidence that can argue otherwise. Doesn't mean it's 100% fact that he's overrated, but it's an opinion, and there's solid reason as to why he might be perceived as overrated.

I never claimed you thought he was going to be the Next Big Thing and he will make WWE and wrestling cool again, but I'm sure there's fans of his that do think that. And if they don't think it, they sure do portray it with the amount of over-bearing support they show him, and absolutely no one else. That's not really a bad thing, but that doesn't mean it can't be annoying.

Not sure I am coming off as bitchy, despite saying I enjoyed him, his work and the surprise finish that made him #1 Contender. But I guess playing Devil's Advocate and trying to put counter-claims to make people think more about the opposite side of both spectrum's is being bitchy, right? I'm a fan of his, and do enjoy his matches. When he's motivated or in the spotlight, he can put on MOTNCs, but that doesn't mean he's exempt from criticism from me.

I'm sure Finn Balor winning had something to do with Reigns being saved from scrutiny, but to say that Vince McMahon just shot Finn Balor to the top, above Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and Rusev (among others) just to "protect" Roman Reigns is a gross over-statement. Triple H, more than likely, had something to do with having Finn Balor pushed. Maybe Vince McMahon was fond of Finn Balor, too. But I find it very hard to believe Triple H had nothing to do with him winning.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Joe is crushing NXT then? That's awesome. Dude has always had elite elite potential. It was sad seeing him waste away not giving a fuck in TNA after his amazing start there.
He's a great bully at the top of the card. That grizzled veteran who is holding on to the belt and sending challengers packing. Triple H is allowing Samoa Joe to be Samoa Joe and carry himself like Samoa Joe. Turns out that works.

Bobby Roode debuted on this week's episode if you are interested btw

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Balor doesn't do a whole lot for me. He's good in the ring and can put on a good match but there's nothing spectacular about his style, compared to some other guys on the roster. NXT did a great job building him, he probably has gotten the best build up from NXT of all time. His entrance is cool, his paint devil gimmick is cool, but if u take that away ur left with a pretty average wrestler. His finishing move sucks too