Finn Balor is overrated

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
I've honestly seen better stuff from Reigns than Balor if we're comparing the two.
I'm really going to need an example here. I can think of a couple candidates, but there's a big difference between Reigns and Bálor in the ring: Reigns is almost completely dependent on his opponents to carry the match. What's worse is Reigns has show no real desire to improve himself in the ring. Finn Bálor, meanwhile, has not only shown a better ability to work a match, he's also shown a desire to always improve himself.

Regardless of all that, the WWE is just taking a chance with the hot new guy. Throw him in a big main event and see how well he does for himself. If Bálor shines, then there's a new main eventer to work with. If not, put the guy back down the card until he's ready again. This whole brand split has been about new beginnings and all, so this is a great way to show it.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
What cracks me up about all of this is that everyone on these forums normally bitch about how WWE doesn't push talent. They complain about how guys like dean, Ziggler, zayn, Owens, etc. never get their shot or time to shine... Then, we get handed the main event of SS (second biggest event of the year) and its Finn balor vs Seth Rollins for the universal title. Meanwhile dean is fighting Ziggler for the wwe title.... Are you fucking kidding me? Do you realize how all of that sounds? How awesome that is? How that's what we've (more hardcore fans) been waiting for???

Then, shortly after balors debut, we get a thread about how he's overrated and reigns is better, possibly. Lol are you kidding me??

Opinions are fine, but wake up and smell how awesome WWE is being right now.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Some of the replies in this thread are hilarious.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to seeing Rollins vs Balor. It seems that gone are the days of WWE giving us same old shit and I couldn't be happier.

As to whether Balor is overrated, nope. Sure, his 'super quiet guy in body paint' character in NXT was boring, but his in ring work is incredible.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Some of the replies in this thread are hilarious.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to seeing Rollins vs Balor. It seems that gone are the days of WWE giving us same old shit and I couldn't be happier.

As to whether Balor is overrated, nope. Sure, his 'super quiet guy in body paint' character in NXT was boring, but his in ring work is incredible.

I knew there was a reason I loved you... :ksi:

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Then tell me what you consider to be good Reigns matches. Seriously, I'm not trying to be snarky here.
Him v Bryan
Him v Lesnar
The series with AJ
His old matches with Rusev

And that's off the top of my head. I know I'll probably get met with 'look at the opponents, he got carried in all of those', but Lesnar can't carry crap. Not to mention the series with AJ was some of the best back and forth action of 2016.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Then tell me what you consider to be good Reigns matches. Seriously, I'm not trying to be snarky here.
Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan
Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt
Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar
Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. The Brotherhood
and I even liked his Last Man Standing match against Big Show, and his match against Triple H at WrestleMania 32.

He has had numerous, great matches.

, but Lesnar can't carry crap
He carried Big Show and Bob Holly into legitimate World title matches.