Finally ... The Rock Has Come Back

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
You put over a guy like Jeircho's mic skills yet call Rock immature. Did you forget that the majority of his WWE was as Y2J and career consisted of him being way more childish before becoming monotone, which you criticized Orton for?

I criticize Orton for having no charisma. Jericho made a persona out of talking slow and in a low tone work because he's still massively charismatic and his personality was still fully in tact. That's NOT the case with Orton.

I'm not gonna defend Jericho's entire career because most of Jericho's career has been terrible. He's been immature, but my God, it's so much worse when The Rock does it. It's just overboard to the highest level when he does it. And besides, Jericho has an on/off switch. Rock doesn't, he's just rapid fire stupid. No substance has ever come out of that mouth.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
No substance has ever come of his mouth .... :lmao :lmao .... You remember this?

[YOUTUBE]r5qdzQd0jTA[/YOUTUBE]

Do you really remember the back story to those comments Rock made as well as the ones HHH made around that time?

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Half of that was nonsense as usual, but I guess you're referring to the "get the F out" part. I'm pretty sure every wrestler.....ever, has cut a variant of that promo.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Rock put over that 02 OVW class in the 1 minute more than Austin was willing to do at all back then. He put over their fire, passion, and everything else and would go on to work with Brock, Randy, and Dave before leaving. That was substance, granted there was some nonsense, but that is what makes Rock who he is just like Flair when he goes bat shit crazy

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
I'm just gonna flat out say this. If anybody here is an idiot its the one fuckin person. Thats right, one that is saying all of Rock's fans are idiots. You are clearly the idiot here and you always have been an idiot.

Remember this:

'I don't watch WWE to watch wrestling. I watch it to be entertained.'

As if that isn't stupid as in itself. You then go on to say that The Rock of all people. The most entertaining promo to ever hit the WWE cuts stupid nonsensical promos.

You should realize how much of an idiot you are when 100% of the forum disagrees with your assinine opinion but no you just carry on being the hardheaded prick you always have been.

SAL

Reaction score
Pyro only liked the Rock before liking the Rock was cool.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I think P1 just hit the nail on the head :eek:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
f4wonline reported that every monitor in the back in the locker rooms were on Rock and that all the younger roster were watching intently. They knew and understood the occasion. (Y)

Kylie

Reaction score
Guys keep the flaming down and remember that everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether you agree with them or not. Doesn't mean they're idiots or stupid or whatever the hell else has been said in here.

Why? I didn't. Nobody who dislikes him as you do should feel that way.

Typical Rock promo. It never ceases to amaze me how juvenile the WWE audience that eats his nonsense up are.

Hang on Gord, I don't really appreciate being told what I should and shouldn't like. That's not a very fair comment. :( You're right, I never found The Rock entertaining in the ring and have never hidden the fact that he is definitely not amongst my favourites. But the reason I got chills from that promo is that it brought me back to the Attitude Era, when guys like him and Austin were running riot. I have to admit I thought the promo was good and it did what it set out to do: It had people hanging onto his every word like he used to be able to do and it added another million viewers in the US alone. That doesn't mean I'm going to be sitting in front of a TV set chanting "Rocky! Rocky!" because I won't. And it doesn't mean I believe him saying he's never leaving because we know he will. But there's nothing that says I'm not allowed to enjoy a promo even if I don't like the wrestler giving the promo. :)

He's a piece of crap, is what he is. He might be the biggest star ever, but The Beatles are the biggest stars in music and they're just as bad from that direction. People like crap.

Hang on just a sec, leave The Beatles out of this. :p

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Why does "substance" matter? The Rock brings a feeling of energy into the arena like no other, just by opening his mouth. His overall message in that promo, or any for that matter, is irrelevant to be frank. He's just that natually entertaining.

Look at The Miz. I love the dude and he's widely considered one of the best promo men and crowd igniters in the industry right now. But lets be honest, he almost never says anything involving "substance". He basically cuts the same promo every week, and his material is pretty much that of any typical heel. Its the delivery of his promos that makes him stand out.

CM Punk and Barret are probably the only two guys in the 'E right now who really say anything of meaning when they talk. Cena basically beats around the bush and jokes a bit until he finally calls the opponent out ("you want some, come get some!"), Jericho would basically regurgitate the same promo every week, etc.

These guys are all considered the best promo men in the business right now, but rarely do they (again, apart from Punk and Barrett) say anything of "substance". Such a concept is rarely relevant and in no way does it make The Rock any less entertaining. Hell, one of the high points of his appearance this week was when he ripped into Cole. Sure it was a massive sidetrack, but you can't tell me that wasn't fun as hell.

Kizza

Reaction score
Guys keep the flaming down and remember that everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether you agree with them or not. Doesn't mean they're idiots or stupid or whatever the hell else has been said in here.

Hang on Gord, I don't really appreciate being told what I should and shouldn't like. That's not a very fair comment. :( You're right, I never found The Rock entertaining in the ring and have never hidden the fact that he is definitely not amongst my favourites. But the reason I got chills from that promo is that it brought me back to the Attitude Era, when guys like him and Austin were running riot. I have to admit I thought the promo was good and it did what it set out to do: It had people hanging onto his every word like he used to be able to do and it added another million viewers in the US alone. That doesn't mean I'm going to be sitting in front of a TV set chanting "Rocky! Rocky!" because I won't. And it doesn't mean I believe him saying he's never leaving because we know he will. But there's nothing that says I'm not allowed to enjoy a promo even if I don't like the wrestler giving the promo. :)

Hang on just a sec, leave The Beatles out of this. :p

come on, he says the rock says the same shit, but will admit to liking miz's and adr's promo's.

what

Reaction score
The WORST Rock promo of all time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the best Miz, Barrett, Christian, Kennedy or ADR promo

Pyro proving what a colossal fucktard he is

Miz ~ Have no relevance at all until I team with Morrison, he gets popular, so I turn on him to become heel. Gain more heel heat by training the IWC darling on NXT. Sole catchphrase is screaming IM AWESOME. Great promo worker :rolleyes:

Barrett: I'm British and I lead a bunch of rookies around and I want the title. Winds blowing, higher power, yada yada yada. Tremendous.

Christian: I'm a career midcarder who is always going to be in Edge's shadow. Cheap jokes, e.g calling Regal "Bill." Yep, sure he's awesome.

Kennedy: Scream, scream, scream absolute nonsense and repeat your name at the end of the promo. World's greatest right here.

ADR: Mexican dribble, my destiny to do this, you knew that already. Wow, I'm captivated right now.

-----------------------

Thousands who haven't watched wrestling in years flocked to a screen to watch it. Friends of mine, who haven't watched wrestling in over 6 years, were around mine today watching his promo. I doubt there's anyone on the current roster, in ANY promotion around the world, whom would get such a reaction as this.

How does it feel having P1 of all people expose you and embarrass you?

Stick to videogames, at least there you accomplish something with yourself. Know your role, and shut your damn mouth, you candy ass jabroni.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
More tweets about Rock:

CM Punk
"Rock owes me fifty bucks for going 20 minutes past the hour, making me miss my valentines day reservations at Nobu."

Big Show
"Did anyone notice the chill bumps on Rocks arms as he gave his catch phrase? The rock is back!"
Val Venis
"I am just as happy as anyone else the Rock is back. As long as he sticks to the mic, we are good. Cuz his wrestling ability is questionable. Not hating on Rock. He is AWESOME on the mic. His charisma is unmatched. But lets be honest, Rock>Hardy & Venis>Rock! HONESTLY!"

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler