Final Fantasy IX Mafia - GAME THREAD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
You dont need to be smart to know CP was killed there in the context of wanting to win a mafia game and being concerned about his thread presense. Regardless of what you think of OMBs game

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
@Poyser - your role only activates when you're killed at night? Not lynched?

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Then what do you think the way Odo dismantled Poyser a couple games back on Day 1?

Do you really think Poyser expected pushback on killing him? Nobody has been doing anything lol and he couldn't have known id rep in to actually call it for what it was

People are making this more difficult than it is

Mafia is a simple game

Hes also just calling me Jeff for some reason lol???

Yes, I do think Poyser would have considered pushback on him as scum killing Odo, especially when Odo & Doddsy were already pushing that direction.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
@Poyser - your role only activates when you're killed at night? Not lynched?
Thats how virgin works ya, makes it a nice fake because you lose its benefit as town if you lynch and it also is good for Tier 1s because they don't need to answer why are you alive questions, which poyser just demonstrated is something he worries about

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Yes, I do think Poyser would have considered pushback on him as scum killing Odo, especially when Odo & Doddsy were already pushing that direction.
Fair. I disagree that he would have been worried about defending himself once Odo was gone. I dont think he would be under pressure at all right now had I not repped in and he think he thought that too

Alco

Reaction score
The claim is kinda :francis . I think Haza makes some good points. And I've got him in blue.

In the interest of exploring some other avenues in the hours that rest us, I find these Rugrat posts interesting:

Goes from:
not a fan of Poyser

To sort of doubling down on it later:
I think OMB is town because he got stuck in early.

not a fan of Poyser’s recent posts

To then this :hmm:
I think Poyser and Haza are probably both town. Killing Odo indicates a scum team who fear leadership (or lack it themselves)

Could this be an early bus turned save attempt?

Alco

Reaction score
Who was it that brought up the WIFOM point before Haza and Poyser actually got into it? Because this discussion is exactly what a scum team that doesn't involve either Haza or Poyser would love to see happening.

Reactions: Evans

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Thats how virgin works ya, makes it a nice fake because you lose its benefit as town if you lynch and it also is good for Tier 1s because they don't need to answer why are you alive questions, which poyser just demonstrated is something he worries about

Now look outside the box - what if Poyser is town? We're not just throwing away a useful role like virgin if he is town but also a strong town player. And in a 15 man game, we'll have lost potentially 3 town players.

Poyser being set up to take the heat from Odo's janitor is a good scum tactic, especially using the logic you brought out earlier Haza of good players having confidence in getting things done with lower tiers in the thread - feel like I've explained it badly but for example: it'd be a lot easier to convince lower tier players to follow that wagon than it would T1 players.

We should also be very careful of the fact that if Poyser is a virgin, scum will want that role out of the game because it directly affects them winning.

We don't know what roles scum have, this could quite easily be part of their plan.

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Who was it that brought up the WIFOM point before Haza and Poyser actually got into it? Because this discussion is exactly what a scum team that doesn't involve either Haza or Poyser would love to see happening.

I was just looking for that post lmao

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Now look outside the box - what if Poyser is town? We're not just throwing away a useful role like virgin if he is town but also a strong town player. And in a 15 man game, we'll have lost potentially 3 town players.

Poyser being set up to take the heat from Odo's janitor is a good scum tactic, especially using the logic you brought out earlier Haza of good players having confidence in getting things done with lower tiers in the thread - feel like I've explained it badly but for example: it'd be a lot easier to convince lower tier players to follow that wagon than it would T1 players.

We should also be very careful of the fact that if Poyser is a virgin, scum will want that role out of the game because it directly affects them winning.

We don't know what roles scum have, this could quite easily be part of their plan.
I believe a scum team without Poyser leaves Odo alive as he was sussing Poyser and has recent history of getting him lynched

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Yeah pretty WIFOMy IMO bc I can see Poyser making the kill as scum as well just so he can say he wouldn't do that when Odo literally only sussed Poyser

was Chris. This is 100% a WIFOM argument. I'm not lynching a claimed virgin d2. Poysers a dangerous player sure, but a claimed virgin in a small game like this is a lot more important than a virgin in a 20+ player game. That potential missed night phase could be a huge swing for town.

I do see your points @Raidokken especially around the self benefit of a virgin claim, I'm just not ready to cash in on it I'm afraid.

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Also, Poyser has been happy recently (I say recently lmao, go back to summer) to throw himself under the bus to secure a team win. I don't see him risking himself and potentially handicapping scum just to remove Odo from the game.

Alco

Reaction score
was Chris. This is 100% a WIFOM argument. I'm not lynching a claimed virgin d2. Poysers a dangerous player sure, but a claimed virgin in a small game like this is a lot more important than a virgin in a 20+ player game. That potential missed night phase could be a huge swing for town.

I do see your points @Raidokken especially around the self benefit of a virgin claim, I'm just not ready to cash in on it I'm afraid.
Thanks!

I didn't think Chris looked all that bad but this is a bit convenient :francis

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Also, Poyser has been happy recently (I say recently lmao, go back to summer) to throw himself under the bus to secure a team win. I don't see him risking himself and potentially handicapping scum just to remove Odo from the game.

ftr I'll need to check how often this has been but I definitely recall an attitude of being more for the team than acting in self interest as scum

Status
Not open for further replies.