Extreme Championship Wrestling by Stojy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stojy

Reaction score
ECW Hardcore TV
June 2nd, 2001

Villa Park, Illinois

The show opens up in a manner somewhat expected from a wrestling program for a change, as the cameras simply pan around the building, showing all of the fans going ape shit with excitement. Bellows of “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” can be heard from the excited fans as they continue to cheer loudly, whilst it seems tonight’s commentators, Joey Styles and Joel Gertner are already up in The Bird’s Next. Whilst we continue to get further shots of the ring and its surroundings, the two commentators begin shilling some of the features of tonight’s show.

Joey Styles: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to yet another fantastic edition of ECW Hardcore TV! I’m ‘The Voice of ECW’ Joey Styles and I take care if play by play announcing, whilst my partner Joel Gertner brings some color to the party.

Joel Gertner: I couldn’t have said it better myself, Joey. As always, thanks for the kind introduction and I’m STIFF with excitement to be here tonight considering the main event we have in store.

Joey Styles: The never ending war between The Network and Extreme Championship Wrestling continues to be waged, and that will continue again tonight. In the main event of the evening, two kings from The Network, Steve Corino and Jerry Lawler will team up to face two of the greatest, most loyal men to ever wrestle in ECW, Tommy Dreamer and Rob Van Dam!

Joel Gertner: As you mentioned before, the war just keeps on going on, and one must wonder whether a win for either team could change the direction things are heading as we speak.

Joey Styles: We hate to admit it but The Network, mainly due to the power they have with Cyrus at the helm, are well and truly winning the war, but ECW isn’t dead yet. A win tonight, leading to Lawler losing and leaving could be exactly what we need to get back into the fight and even the ledger. Tonight isn’t just ECW versus The Network, tonight is about a potential turning point in this never ending story.

Joel Gertner: And one can’t forget the hatred between Jerry Lawler and Tommy Dreamer. They met a few weeks back, four years in the making and thanks to CW Anderson, Lawler picked up the win and evened their score at one a piece.

Joey Styles: One must wonder whether tonight’s tag match could be the final fall between these two men. How sweet it would be for Tommy Dreamer to beat Lawler tonight and exile him from ECW forever… We’ll get to the main event later on tonight, but we’re changing things up tonight, as we’re going to kick of the show with some PULP FICTION~!

Pretty much as expected now for PULP FICTION~!, “Miserlou” by Dick Dale comes over the arena speakers, which of course gets some heat from the diehard ECW fans who hate the song. Despite the heat for the song, if anything the volume only gets louder (thanks Cyrus), as the first wrestler we see is a sweaty, tired, frustrated looking Lance Storm. It’s clear that this segment was taped at the end of last week’s show, as Lance is wearing the same wrestling tights he did last week, as he shakes his head in annoyance.

Lance Storm: I’ve made it clear since I’ve come back that I’m not aligning with anybody, but people still had some questions considering I was teaming with Justin Credible tonight. I will set everything straight one last time; I’m not with The Network.

I’m pretty sure everybody will believe him after he just took Credible’s head off during their tag team title shot. Still, despite that surely satisfying moment, Storm looks less than impressed.

Lance Storm: I’m a lone ranger; I’m here on a question to win as much gold as I can. That means that I’m not with Justin Credible!

He actually shows a slight snarl at the mention of Credible, clearly having had more than enough of his former tag partner.

Lance Storm: I’ve seen dysfunctional champions who don’t actually like each other in the past become good teams, and I thought maybe The Impact Players could become those types of champions, but we can’t. No promise of tag team titles can change the fact that I hate The Network and Justin Credible.

The Canadian almost looks a little annoyed at himself for almost having a lapse of judgement.

Lance Storm: I refuse to be swayed though and I will stay on my own journey, and I’ll stay true to the goals I set before I came back. I didn’t come back to ECW to rekindle the past.

Storm shakes his head with his words, further emphasizing his point.

Lance Storm: Like I’ve said numerous times now, I came back for gold.

After wiping a bead of sweat from his eyebrows, Lance motions for a title to be positioned around his waist.

Lance Storm: At other places, I’ve proven that I’m the best of the best because that’s what you need to be to win championship gold. I now want to prove that I’m the best in ECW, I… Want… Rhino!!!

Holy shit! A big time call out from Lance Storm who then continues to head towards the showers, still sweating buckets after his match…

The next segment and the rest for this episode of Pulp Fiction are all taking place in present time. Firstly, we see the leader of The Network Cyrus sitting behind his desk, stacking some paper work, before he looks into the camera, pretending that he only just noticed it was there.

Cyrus: Once upon a time, way back when, Kid Kash somehow defeated my Rhino to become the ECW Television Champion! Forgetting the fact that Rhino won the title straight back, on a whole, Kid Kash got lucky. Kid Kash got lucky once…

Cyrus holds up one finger, shaking his head with a wry smile on his face.

Cyrus: But as far as I’m concerned, one fluke win over a distracted champion doesn’t earn you a title shot. He’s not getting any title shot unless he can get past Justin Credible in a one on one match next week!!!

Credible/Kash have never really had a proper end to their rivalry, so Cyrus has just made a BLOCKBUSTER match for next week’s show. The leader of The Network has said all he wanted to, now going back to stacking papers…

Next up, we’re in a dark room with one eerie spotlight shining on a hooded man, until the man looks up to the skies, removing his hood to reveal Christopher Daniels. ‘The Fallen Angel’ looks to be in somewhat of a trance as he continues to look at the heavens whilst speaking.

Christopher Daniels: I’ve been sent on a mission from the powers that be, and I am well and truly on my way to achieving that mission. All in my path shall perish.

With a real menacing look on his face, Daniels finally shoots his gaze in the direction of the camera.

Christopher Daniels: This isn’t a threat, this isn’t a promise, as a matter of fact, this isn’t even a guarantee!

Daniels puts his hood back over his head now.

Christopher Daniels: THIS… MY FRIENDS… IS GOSPEL!!!

Suddenly, the one light shining in the room goes off, and we are left in pure darkness…

Before we cut to a random alley way, in a warm night in Illinois, where Angel and Tony DeVito, Da Baldies are standing. As usual, their arms are crossed and they wear dirty looks on their faces, doing their best to look as mean as possible.

Angel: Later on tonight we leave our streets for a few moments to take on Christian York and Joey Matthews. We’re taking out those pretty boys tonight.

Both men remain in their “thug” stance, as DeVito now takes over.

Tony DeVito: We’re going to make what we did last week to Hot Commodity look like a walk in the park. We’re going to take York and Matthews out worse than we did those queers last week.

DeVito seems pretty happy with his speech, allowing Angel to finish off.

Angel: We’ve been disrespected and underutilized for far too long. It’s about time people remembered DA KINGS OF DA STREET!!!

The two continue to lean against the brick wall, mean mugging the camera, upholding their image, until we cut away…

Much like his behavior for the past few weeks, next we see the ECW Television Champion Jerry Lynn sitting down in the floor of a room, in complete solitude. He’s cradling his TV Title close to his chest, rocking back and forth ever so slightly, with a wide eyed, unhinged look on his face.

Jerry Lynn: One in a million, on every other night I would have beaten Kid Kash. Last week was a fluke… Last week was a fluke… … Last week was a fluke!

Lynn uses both hands to wipe his eyes, looking as if he hasn’t slept all week.

Jerry Lynn: I can hear the whispers and I can feel something building, I’m not stupid. I know that everybody’s out to get me…

The TV Champ pauses and his eyes dart from side to side, paranoia running wild, as it almost looks like he’s expecting somebody to jump out of him. Suddenly, he gets a malicious look on his face.

Jerry Lynn: To prevent being taken down from within, I’m going to get everybody first!

With that, the champion puts his head back down and continues to rock back and forth, squeezing the title so tightly to his chest that he’s leaving the plate mark over his chest…

In a random hallway in a backstage area, we initially see a steel chair with the name “CHRISTOPHER DANIELS” spray painted on it, dragging across a wall, making an incredible amount of noise. The camera then pans out to see a pissed off Balls Mahoney staring into the camera.

Balls Mahoney: When Christopher Daniels deliberately targeted the neck of Spike Dudley, this punk put my friend on the shelf!

Sending a message of sorts, Balls now cocks his chair like a baseball player.

Balls Mahoney: Karma is a bitch, Daniels! And what goes around comes around!

In a show of aggression and fury, MAHONEY SLAMS HIS STEEL CHAIR AGAINST THE WALL, CREATING A VERY LOUD DISTURBANCE!!!

Balls Mahoney: Tonight, it’s payback time. I’m going after that stack of dimes Chrissy Daniels calls a neck tonight!

Balls then turns from the camera and continues to walk down the hallway with his chair, clearly pumped up for his match tonight against Christopher Daniels…

The final segment of PULP FICTION~! tonight sees arguably the most hated man in ECW, Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler standing out the front of the arena. Lawler has a scowl on his face, as he adjusts his crown before beginning.

Jerry Lawler: As much as I would rather be in any other wrestling company in the world, I’ve come back to this shithole to help out my disciple.

Lawler smashes his fist into his palm a couple of times, signaling that there will be violence tonight.

Jerry Lawler: I’m here tonight to help out Steve Corino, the young king in waiting!

He smirks at the mention of ‘The King Of Old School’, clearly a fan of the guy.

Jerry Lawler: I’m here to help him tonight because I’m a firm believer in his cause. I’m happy to help as he tries to eliminate the scum from ECW.

‘The King’ screws up his face now, shuddering at the thought of the scum.

Jerry Lawler: And I can respect that, because I’ve been there. He’s trying to make things better, just like any good ruler would do with their kingdom.

He pauses for a moment, adjusting his crown before continuing.

Jerry Lawler: Let me make it clear as to what the next steps of the purge of ECW are. Firstly, I’m going to burn Tommy Dreamer’s face again!

The look of pure excitement at the thought of such violence is quite a scary one from Lawler.

Jerry Lawler: Once Tommy Dreamer is out of the picture, next up is Van Dam!

He actually looks a little disappointed when mentioning RVD, shaking his head ever so slightly.

Jerry Lawler: I remember Rob from our association four years ago, and I remember thinking he had it all. I thought RVD knew better…

Jerry pauses yet again, shaking his head a little more this time.

Jerry Lawler: There is only one logical explanation as to what has happened to RVD since I knew him. Someone got into his head in the last four years and made him stupid.

No evil cackle or anything from him tonight, as he remains deadly serious.

Jerry Lawler: Now in a sad, sad waste of talent, he’s one of these degenerates too…

For the second time tonight, Jerry begins smashing his balled up fist into the palm of his other hand.

Jerry Lawler: So just like the other degenerates, he’s got to go!

Before he can say anything else, he looks to the side with a smile as Steve Corino, Dawn Marie and Jack Victory all trot into the screenshot, seemingly in happy moods. Corino and Lawler share a cheesy high five, clearly thinking they are cool.

Steve Corino: We’re all ready to go, and just like you’ve said in the past, it’s good to be the king!

Corino smirks as Victory THROWS UP THE V, meanwhile Lawler is ogling Dawn Marie’s breasts in her extremely low cut top.

Jack Victory: HIGH SPOT!!!

Lawler doesn’t move his eyes from Dawn’s voluptuous bust.

Jerry Lawler: I’ll tell you what; you can say that again…

Victory shrugs.

Jack Victory: HIGH SPOT!!!

With that, the quartet all turn and walk inside of the arena, all on the same page and ready for action in tonight’s main event…

Once the fun promo based segment is completed, it’s almost as if the show resets itself. For the first time in over a month, “Elevation” by U2 rocks through the speakers, as the official ECW Hardcore TV opening video plays. This allows more time for the cameras to scan the building, showing all of the excited ECW fans, who of course, sensing the moment, break out into another passionate “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” chant.

After a few more moments of letting the show sink in, it’s time for our first match of the evening. “Electric Molecular” by Chemlab hits and gets a pretty nice ovation as the always ready to fight tandem of Christian York and Joey Matthews head towards the ring. Walking to the ring with a purpose, both men acknowledge the fan support with sincerity, as the commentators put over how hard these two continue to work to climb the ladder here in ECW. Once they are inside of the ring, “False Salvation” by All Out War gets some heat but nothing crazy as Da Baldies strut out from the back. Angel and Tony DeVito both mean mug like they did during Pulp Fiction, whilst pointing at their opponents and threatening them before they even get into the ring. As Da Baldies get inside of the ring, the referee gets in between both teams, ensuring the action won’t start until the bell is rung.

Match One

Christian York and Joey Matthews vs. Da Baldies

I don’t have a lot to say for this one really, because as much as Da Baldies have some received some screen time over the past few weeks, they still suck. More than anything, this match is a showcase match for the duo of York and Matthews, as they show what they can do with some impressive team work. More importantly than that, they also show that they can actually win a match. They dominate most of the match before isolating Angel, AND CHRISTIAN YORK TAKES ANGEL FROM THE TOP ROPE WITH A HUGE FRANKENSTEINER!!!

Whilst the fans chant “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” for the incredible show of athleticism, Joey Matthews begins scaling the top rope himself. With Angel not even looking like moving, JOEY LEAPS OFF THE TOP ROPE AND CRUSHES THE CHEST OF ANGEL WITH A FLYING ELBOW DROP!!!

JOEY MAKES THE COVER…1…2…3!!!

Winners – Christian York and Joey Matthews @ 4:18

After the rather academic victory, York and Matthews get their hands raised by the referee, before they head to different corners of the ring, posting to the appreciative fans.

Despite being happy with their victory, they realize they have bigger fish to fry, and keep their celebration pretty short.

Once York and Matthews have made it to the back, we focus on inside of the ring, where Da Baldies have both recovered, frustration and embarrassment written over both their faces.

They don’t get to lick their wounds for long though as HOT COMMODITY SPRINT DOWN FROM THE BACK AND SLIDE INTO THE RING!!!

CHRIS HAMRICK… EZ MONEY… AND JULIO DINERO ALL START SWINGING AT DA BALDIES… AND THE BRAWL IS ON!!!

Even with the numbers disadvantage, the street fighter Baldies hold their own, as neither team is willing to back down.

Punches and kicks are thrown and due to both acts being the drizzling shits, there is virtually no reaction from the crowd. This may be the worst brawl in the history of professional wrestling.

Still, the teams continue to go at it… UNTIL A TONNE OF SECURITY COME OUT AND THEY PULL THE TWO TEAMS APART!!!

Again, there is not much reaction from the fans, as the two teams continue to try and get at each other but are unable to do so. We are ready to cut to commercial break in absolute chaos, with the feud between these two groups surely not over…

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Yeah, commercials are over so let’s get another video package up and running…

ECW Heatwave

July 15th On PPV

From Dayton, Ohio

No messing about here tonight so as soon as the PPV hype video has finished, it’s time for our next match. “Big Balls” by Boner is the first theme song to be heard, and it gets a VERY ROWDY reception, with plenty of cheers for Balls Mahoney. As per usual, Mahoney is accompanied by his trusty steel chair, which has the name “CHRISSY DANIELS” spray painted on it. Whilst inside of the ring, Mahoney nods his head along with the fans chants of “BALLS”, “BALLS”, “BALLS”, as he awaits his opponent. “Wings Of A Fallen Angel” by Dale Oliver interrupts the chants and are greeted with MASSIVE heat, as the stoic, hooded Christopher Daniels power walks towards the ring. There is no wasted motion from ‘The Fallen Angel’ tonight, as he gets straight into the ring, before throwing off his hood and preparing for battle.

Match Two

Balls Mahoney vs. Christopher Daniels

One thing to mention right off the bat is that for this contest, the man in charge is The Network’s head referee, Danny Daniels. Anyway, the match begins and in the early stages, Daniels looks truly overmatched by the fired up Mahoney. Obviously not in a technical sense but Daniels never gets the chance to use any of his ability. Instead, hunting for retribution for his friend Spike Dudley, Mahoney goes on a rampage, beating Daniels from pillar to post without ever putting him away. A few times Daniels looked likely to comeback, when the referee of the same name stopped Mahoney from landing a closed fist punches as a distraction. Despite this though, Balls continued to dominate until he hopped outside of the ring and grabbed his trusty steel chair. With the fans chanting “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, Mahoney stands over Daniels, and as Chris gets up… BALLS RAISES THE CHAIRE ABOVE HIS HEAD… BUT THE REFEREE GRABS THE CHAIR… AND THE MOMENTARY DISTRACTION ALLOWS CHRISTOPHER DANIELS TO KICK MAHONEY RIGHT IN THE DICK!!!

Simply put, that moment in the contest was a game changer. As Mahoney remained down, clutching at his groin area, Daniels was able to recover and begin to use his wrestling ability to beat the living hell out of Balls. ‘The Fallen Angel’ sadistically focused on the neck of Mahoney, similar to what he did to Spike Dudley just over a month ago. Much like with Spike, Daniels’ neck work seems to have a long lasting effect, as even when Balls manages to get a moment of space, he chooses to grab at his neck. Showing the tremendous heart that has won over the fans though, Mahoney, bad neck and all, manages to make one last come back. BALLS GETS DANIELS IN POSITION FOR THE NUTCRACKER SUITE… BUT DANIELS SLIDES OUT AND LANDS BEHIND MAHONEY!!!

Before Balls can react, Daniels uses his quickness to RAKE BOTH OF MAHONEY’S EYES AT THE SAME TIME!!! Daniels lets go and Mahoney is in agony as he staggers around the ring… SO DANIELS GETS A QUICK SCHOOL BOY COVER… HOLDING ONTO THE MIDDLE ROPE FOR EXTRA LEVERAGE…1…2…3!!!

Winner – Christopher Daniels @ 9:39

The fans immediately ark up, unhappy with the result of the match, especially considering the biased referee Danny Daniels got involved quite a few times. Both Daniels’ get out of dodge pretty quickly, and half way up the ramp, they stop so ‘The Fallen Angel’ can have his hand raised in victory.

Balls is furious inside of the ring, shaking his head at being screwed out of the match up. He still clutches at his neck a little to, which makes Christopher Daniels smile before heading through the curtain, victorious in singles action yet again.

Meanwhile, inside of the ring, Mahoney is still storming around, clearly frustrated with how he lost as we cut away…

We head to what looks like a VIP locker room, filled with champagne and two long, black leather couches, and sitting on one of them, feet up and eating a strawberry is none other than Justin Credible. Despite the classy environment he is in, Credible still rocks a sleeveless top and his jean shorts, and even more so, he still looks as arrogant as ever.

Justin Credible: I decided to stay away from the arena tonight because I decided that I needed a break after being in such high demand. Everybody wants a piece of the hottest man in professional wrestling right now.

Credible pauses to take a sip of his champagne, washing down the strawberry. He makes sure to have his pinkie raised when he sips on his drink also.

Justin Credible: I mean as much as I make it look glamorous, it’s tough being me. Firstly, The Network wants me to do this and that…

He playfully rolls his eyes, not really minding The Network orientated obligations.

Justin Credible: Okay, okay, as you can see by looking around me, being the star member of The Network has its perks, but I still do have a lot of stressful things to deal with. Rhino wants me in a title match so he can finally say he faced off against the greatest ECW Champion of all time.

JC pauses, letting those words sink in.

Justin Credible: My former friend or better yet, my former lackey Lance Storm tried to use me to get his name back on the map in a real wrestling company.

Even though he’s mainly putting himself over, Credible clearly enjoyed his WCW dig as he smile is especially big as he says it.

Justin Credible: And there’s two other leeches as well, Kid Kash and Jerry Lynn KEEP trying to use me to make themselves relevant.

He pretends to take a deep breath and wipe sweat off his forehead, demonstrating how hard his life really is.

Justin Credible: I’ve already beaten Jerry Lynn and put him in his place countless times, so now I’m going to put this Kid Kash shit to rest once and for all next week.

For the first time tonight, Justin looks a little serious and annoyed.

Justin Credible: Kash, you must have some serious lucky charms stashed away somewhere, because you’ve got lucky a few times…

He still doesn’t look happy discussing Kid Kash.

Justin Credible: But that’s all it was, luck, that’s it!

Getting a bit too angry, Credible takes a few breaths and regains his composure, once again smirking.

Justin Credible: But luck runs out, and order will be restored. I’m on my way back up where I belong…

He puts his thumbs up to signal where he is going, before putting his thumb down.

Justin Credible: And I’ll say goodbye to Kid Kash, who is on his way down, where he belongs.

Credible pauses one last time, before continuing.

Justin Credible: If you don’t believe me, tune in, because I’ll make it REAL clear next week.

Suddenly, Credible gets off of the couch, only to walk over and pour another glass of champagne. He takes another sip and makes an over exaggerated noise representing his satisfaction of the drink, living the lavish life.

Justin Credible: That’s not just the coolest, that’s not just the best, that’s just incredible!!!

Credible continues to enjoy his surroundings, taking further sips of his champagne as we cut to our final commercial break of the evening.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

We’re back at ringside as it’s time for our main event of the evening. “Great Gates Of Kiev” plays to an ENORMOUSLY BAD reaction, as the ECW fans FUCKING ERUPT with heat as Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler steps out from the back. With his crown on his head, Lawler pretends to carry himself with class, only to then begin insulting fans and threatening to hit them. The only thing is, this isn’t the WWF and some of the ECW fans threaten to hit back. Lawler gets pelted with garbage once he steps inside of the ring as well, which he is none too pleased with, but further confirms that he is public enemy number one. “The Old School Style” by Boner signals the arrival of Lawler’s partner and the other ‘king’ in ECW, Steve Corino. ‘The King Of Old School’ still gets a lot of heat but not quite as much as Lawler, and as always is accompanied by the scantily clad Dawn Marie and the loyal Jack Victory. The trio join Lawler in the ring and are all smiles ahead of their big match tonight. “Walk” by Kilgore finally gets the crowd up and about, as BY FAR THE LOUDEST ovation of the night goes to the man on a hunt for retribution, Rob Van Dam. The time for jerking around and having fun is over, as the ever serious RVD gets to the ring rather quickly, slapping hands with a few fans, but refusing to do the thumb taunts at the same time as the ring announcer says his name. Showing no fear, Van Dam gets straight into the ring, severely outnumbered and there are chants of “RVD”,”RVD”, “RVD” from the fans. “Man In The Box” by Alice In Chains gets another fairly big pop as RVD’s partner is another ECW favorite, Tommy Dreamer. Much like Van Dam, Tommy looks extremely determined to succeed tonight and get some revenge on The Network after a tough few weeks. Dreamer gets into the ring and shares a fist bump with Van Dam, before they completely zone in on their opponents.

Match Three

Jerry Lawler and Steve Corino w/Dawn Marie and Jack Victory vs. Rob Van Dam and Tommy Dreamer

I think it’s safe to say that nobody ever considered that this match was going to be a technical classic. At times, RVD and Steve Corino have some quality exchanges, revisiting their feud from a few months ago, but for the most part, this match was absolutely out of control. With Tommy Dreamer and Jerry Lawler on opposing teams, it was never going to be any other way. Right from the get go there were no tags and no fancy double team moves, it was straight Dreamer and Lawler beating the hell out of each other, inside the ring, outside the ring and even through the crowd.

Eventually all four men involved in the match ended up back in the ring, when Dawn Marie got onto the apron to distract the referee, and this allowed JACK VICTORY TO SNEAK IN AND BATTER DREAMER ACROSS THE BACK WITH A STEEL CHAIR!!! As always, thanks to the awesome chair shot, we get a massive “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” chant as the fans show their appreciation. This was the turning point in the match though as from here the team of kings, Lawler and Corino, have their way with Dreamer, isolating him and dominating the match. Unfortunately for The Network backed team, they are unable to put Dreamer away, and eventually he is able to make the hot tag to RVD. Once ‘The Whole Fucking Show’ gets into the ring and begins dominating with his educated feet, all hell breaks loose again as the heels try and gang up on him and refuse to remain on the apron.

Once Dreamer recovers and the numbers are even, Van Dam dominates Lawler, whilst Tommy and Corino begin to brawl on the outside of the ring. Back inside of the ring, RVD manages to drop Lawler with a Step Over Spinning Heel Kick, before heading up to the top rope. With the fans chanting “RVD”, “RVD”, “RVD”, VAN DAM LEAPS OFF OF THE TOP ROPE AND CONNECTS WITH THE FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH ON LAWLER!!!

Van Dam rolls around on the canvas, clutching at his mid-section… BEFORE MAKING THE COVER…

THE REFEREE LOOKS TO SPRINT INTO POSITION TO MAKE THE ACADEMIC COUNT…

ONLY TO BE DROPPED WITH AN OLD SCHOOL KICK FROM STEVE CORINO!!!

With the referee unconscious and the fans chanting “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA, Corino smirks realizing that he just prevented the end of Lawler’s reign in ECW. Meanwhile, with the referee out of commission for good, it’s safe to say this match will be ruled a…

No Contest @ 16:45

RVD gets up, immediately realizing what is happening, and he is frustrated, AND RVD AND CORINO START TO THROW HANDS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING!!!

Neither man takes a backwards step initially, until Van Dam lands a few forearms in a row, gaining an advantage… UNTIL HE GETS CLOBBERED FROM BEHIND BY JACK VICTORY!!!

From here, it’s a two on one mugging as Corino and Victory go to work on RVD. They don’t land anything major, but they stomp the hell out of RVD, keeping him from being able to get back to his feet.

Suddenly, BILL ALFONSO MAKES HIS RETURN, running through the curtain and sliding into the ring. “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” chants erupt as Corino and Victory haven’t realized… SO ALFONSO HITS VICTORY FROM BEHIND WITH A LOW BLOW!!!

As Victory bends down, holding onto his groin… ALFONSO DROPS HIM WITH A SLOPPY LOOKING DDT!!!

Alfonso pumps his fist in the air, happy to get some retribution on The Network, who are the reason he hasn’t been around recently. Corino finally notices that Victory is down, and looks to turn his attention towards Fonzie, but RVD begins to fight back. RVD fights back as Fonzie yells “GET HIM, GET HIM”, until RVD GETS ATTACKED FROM BEHIND AGAIN…

THIS TIME BY CW ANDERSON!!!

Again, with RVD outnumbered, Anderson begins going to work, mounting him and HAMMERING AWAY WITH BRUTAL LEFT HANDS, UNTIL TOMMY DREAMER SMASHES A STEEL CHAIR ACROSS THE BACK OF CW ANDERSON!!!

Seeing Dreamer with the chair, Corino goes into self-preservation mode and slides out of the ring, as the fans mark out for the violence. “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” echoes throughout the building as with Anderson down now, Tommy sets CW’s arm up in the steel chair…

Tommy heads to the top rope… READY TO LEAP OFF AND BREAK THE ARM OF CW ANDERSON… WHEN JERRY LAWLER GETS ONTO THE APRON AND PUSHES TOMMY OFF OF THE TOP ROPE!!!

AND DREAMER GOES CRASHING THROUGH THE TIME KEEPER’S TABLE!!!

The “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” chants get louder as Tommy isn’t moving, he may be dead. Lawler steps back into the ring with a smug look on his face, enjoying the heat he is now getting from the fans. However Lawler turns around… INTO A STEEL CHAIR FLYING AT HIM… LAWLER CATCHES IT… RVD NAILS LAWLER WITH THE VAN DAMINATOR!!!

CW Anderson and Corino are with Victory and Dawn Marie, all four trying to regain their wits on the outside, and RVD sees them and shrugs… BEFORE SPRINTING ACROSS THE RING AND LEAPING OVER THE TOP ROPE… TAKING OUT ALL FOUR OF THEM WITH A PLANCHA!!!

With everybody seemingly down and out now, an “RVD”, “RVD”, “RVD” chant breaks out, as he slowly uses the crowd barricade to get to his feet. It seems like it will be a triumphant night for RVD, as he FINALLY performs his thumb taunt…

BUT HE GETS ATTACKED FROM BEHIND FOR THE THIRD TIME TONIGHT…

THIS TIME… BY RHINO!!!

The audience almost gasp in shock knowing that being attacked by Rhino is no joke, and RVD could be in some serious trouble. With RVD down on his stomach, RHINO GRABS HIS ECW TITLE AND USES IT AS A WHIP… SMASHING IT ACROSS THE BACK OF VAN DAM FIVE TIMES!!!

Van Dam is left with brutal red marks on his back, as another “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” chant can be heard. Meanwhile, Rhino, salivating at the mouth, as intense as ever, heads underneath the apron AND PULLS OUT A TABLE!!!

He sets up the table on the floor, before dragging RVD up by the hair, and he takes Van Dam onto the apron. RHINO GETS RVD IN POSITION FOR THE APRON PILEDRIVER…

When “RHINO… OVER HERE… IT’S PAYBACK TIME FOR WHAT YOU DID TO LORI, BITCH”!!!

THE SANDMAN HAS MADE HIS WAY THROUGH THE CROWD AND IS IN THE RING!!!

The fans begin buzzing for yet another brawl to begin, and Rhino relinquishes the chance to take out RVD, and heads into the ring to fight The Sandman. Rhino charges at Sandman, but Sandman moves out of the way of a potential Gore… AND IMMEDIATELY NAILS RHINO ACROSS THE HEAD WITH THE SINGAPORE CANE!!!

The champion staggers but doesn’t go down… SO SANDMAN KEEPS SWINGING WILDLY WITH THE SINGAPORE CANE… LANDING TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE, SIX, SEVEN SHOTS UNTIL HIS SINGAPORE CANE IS SEVERELY BENT OUT OF SHAPE!!!

Those “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” chants are showing no signs of slowing down, and INCREDIBLY, Rhino is still on his feet…

BUT HE STAGGERS STRAIGHT INTO A SUPERKICK…

BY LANCE STORM!!!

The fans further mark out for the appearance of the Canadian, who has made it clear that he wants a shot at the ECW Championship at some point in time. Sensing Rhino is in trouble, CW ANDERSON LEAPS ONTO THE APRON... ONLY TO BE DROPPED BY A SINGAPORE CANE SHOT FROM THE SANDMAN!!!

STEVE CORINO JUMPS ONTO THE APRON ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RING… STORM DROPS HIM WITH A SUPERKICK!!!

WHILST THE SANDMAN GOES WILD AGAIN WITH SINGAPORE CANE SHOTS ON THE PRONE BOYD OF RHINO, LANDING ANOTHER SIX SHOTS, ONE FOR EACH WORD AS HE YELLS

“THIS IS FOR LORI MOTHER FUCKER”!!!

Due to his arms burning from lactic acid, The Sandman finally stops, barely able to lift his arms, as Rhino looks to be in strife. Meanwhile, CW and Corino have reconvened on the outside, thinking of what’s next… SO STORM SPRINTS ACROSS THE RING AND TAKES THEM OUT LIKE RVD DID EARLIER… WITH A PLANCHA!!!

Speaking of RVD, he’s back in the ring now, steel chair in hand, as he shares some words with Sandman, whilst Rhino remains down. Suddenly, The Sandman drags Rhino to the corner in a seated position, before grabbing the steel chair from Van Dam.

The Sandman wedges the steel chair in the ropes in front of Rhino’s face, as Van Dam begins scaling the top rope on the opposite side of the ring.

The arena is at a fever pitch, as Van Dam points his thumbs to his shoulders… “ROB…VAN…DAM”, BEFORE LEAPING ACROSS THE RING… AND RVD SENDS THE STEEL CHAIR CRASHING INTO THE FACE OF RHINO WITH THE VAN TERMINATOR!!!

On this night, the numbers advantage has failed The Network, with Credible nowhere to be seen and Jerry Lynn not involved. “RVD”, “RVD”, “RVD” chants ring out now, as Rhino looks well and truly conquered thanks to the handiwork of three men, The Sandman, RVD and Lance Storm.

Storm remains on the outside whilst The Sandman and RVD stare down the out of it Rhino as the show fades to black…

END OF SHOW

Current Card for ECW Heatwave

July 15th, 2001

Dayton, Ohio

ECW World Heavyweight Championship Match:

Rhino (c) defends against Justin Credible​

Reactions: Death By Looch

Stojy

Reaction score
ECW Hardcore TV
June 9th, 2001

Mobile, Alabama

As usual with ECW, we never open up in a normal fashion, as this week we are straight into the backstage area, where standing in front of the standard ECW ‘interview set’ is Joey Styles and Joel Gertner. Both men are suited up, smiles on their faces, microphones in their hands, as “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” chants can be heard from inside the arena. Once they finally begin to die down, it’s time to receive an official welcome to the show.

Joey Styles: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Extreme Championship Wrestling’s Hardcore TV! I’m ‘The Voice Of ECW’, Joey Styles and standing next to me as always is Joel Gertner.

Joel Gertner: Thanks Joey. Happy to be here as always and after the chaotic ending to last week’s show, I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen tonight.

Joey Styles: Last week we had a huge tag team match be our main event as Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler and Steve Corino from The Network teamed up to face two of ECW’s all time favorites, Rob Van Dam and Tommy Dreamer. Lawler has openly said that he would leave ECW if he lost, and he looked ready to lose after RVD nailed the Five Star Frog Splash, only for Corino to take out the referee. This ended the match in a no contest and I for one can’t help but be a little upset by the fact that we got so close to getting rid of Lawler, but ultimately failed.

Joel Gertner: The only man I could think of who might be shockingly happy that Lawler is still around is Tommy Dreamer, as I have to believe he wants to be the man to rid ECW of Lawler, just like he did four years ago. After the No Contest was ruled last week, that’s when things really heated up. The Network sent down CW Anderson and Rhino to do some damage, but for once the numbers weren’t on The Network’s side, as The Sandman, Lance Storm and a recovered RVD beat up everybody and left Rhino for dead in the center of the ring!

Joey Styles: I can’t remember a time when our ECW Champion was decimated like that. He received Singapore Cane Shots, a Superkick and a Van Terminator! One has to think that Rhino will be out for some sort of revenge tonight!

Joel Gertner: Speaking of revenge, we all know that our next pay per view Heatwave is going to be headlined by an all Network match, as Rhino defends the ECW Championship against that turncoat Justin Credible. We also know that RVD wants in that ECW Title match at Heatwave.

Joey Styles: He does want in, he’s made it very clear he wants in; however thanks to Cyrus and The Network, he’s being shut out!

Joel Gertner: And conveniently, and perhaps as a distraction for Van Dam, we can now announce the second match that has been signed for Heatwave.

Joey Styles: It will bring the never ending war between The Network and the diehard ECW wrestlers to the spotlight again as Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman will team up to take on The Network’s Jerry Lawler, Steve Corino and CW Anderson in a six man tag team match!!!

Joel Gertner:
I’m sure that’s not the match RVD necessarily wants, but I know he’ll still give it his all, and maybe Heatwave will be the night we finally get rid of Lawler. With that match in mind, two of the competitors will do battle in tonight’s main event as ‘The King Of Old School’ Steve Corino will go one on one with Tommy Dreamer!!!

Joey Styles:
Tommy took a pretty brutal fall through a table last week, let’s hope he’s at one hundred percent, he’ll need to be against Corino. Tonight we’ve got another big time match as Kid Kash and Justin Credible will finally put an end to their hostilities. The match was booked last week with the stipulation that if Kid Kash wins…

Finally, there’s a slight pause as Joey is building the anticipation.

Joey Styles: He will get an ECW Television Championship match against Jerry Lynn at Heatwave. If there is ever a time to want to face Lynn, it’s now when he’s paranoid, all out of confidence and seemingly all out of luck. That’s enough about Heatwave because we’re going to head to ringside where we are about to see some extreme tag team action!

After that LONG opening from the two commentators, Joey and Joel sign off, because it’s time for the in ring portion of the show to start…

We’re at ringside for the first time tonight where “Electric Molecular” by Chemlab hits and as usual, the duo of Christian York and Joey Matthews get a nice, positive ovation from the ECW fans. Coming off a win last week, the two seem to be supremely confident and full of smiles, as they slap hands with the fans on their way down to the ring. As they get into the ring, the smiles disappear though, and they prepare for their opponents. “No Sleep Till Brooklyn” by The Beastie Boys hits over the pa system and there is a fair amount of heat for the loud mouthed trio known as The Full Blooded Italians. Their leader, Little Guido, Sal E. Graziano and Tony Mamaluke whipped the fans into a frenzy on the way down the ramp, hurling insults and hand gestures at all of them (of course the ECW fans more than return serve). Once they get close to the ring, the Italians begin telling York and Matthews that they are going to pay for getting involved in their business last week, but the youngsters refuse to be intimidated, motioning for them to bring it on.

Match One
Christian York and Joey Matthews vs. Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke w/Sal E. Graziano

Despite the fact that they haven’t been in a really high level program for a while, it’s worth noting that The FBI can still go, and they prove that here. Sensing that this is potentially a chance for them to move back up in terms of title contention, The FBI use their experience and numbers advantage to quite frankly, dominate York and Matthews in the early stages of the contest. Unfortunately for The FBI, York and Matthews are no longer the innocent, inexperienced kids they were a year ago, and they refuse to stay down, before making a fiery comeback and taking control of the match.

York and Matthews can’t quite put The FBI either away, and this time, at the behest of Guido, the Italians try to divide and conquer. Guido threw York outside of the ring and as Guido and Mamaluke still focused on Matthews, and keeping the referee’s attention, Big Sal went to work on York. Big Sal ends up putting York against the ring post, and taking a few steps back, whilst Matthews managed to drop Guido, but Mamaluke is heading up to the top rope. Outside of the ring, BIG SAL SPRINTS AT YORK… AND LOOKS FOR THE BODY SPLASH INTO THE RING POST… BUT YORK MOVES… AND SAL COLLIDES WITH THE RING POST!!!

AND THE IMPACT CAUSES THE RING TO SHAKE… SO MAMALUKE LOSES BALANCE AND FALLS DICK FIRST ONTO THE TOP ROPE!!!

A big time pop comes out for the game changing moment, as the fans let out an “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” chant. York is still down on the outside but he has a relived smirk on his face, because Big Sal is in agony, and doesn’t look like being a factor in the match again. Meanwhile, Matthews manages to fight his way back up to his feet, just as Guido as, and Matthews charges with a Clothesline, sending Guido flying over the top rope and to the outside of the ring.

After the big fall, Mamaluke remained stranded on the top rope, before he eventually falls back to the canvas, but he’s still out of commission. Seeing this, Matthews senses his chance and walks over… BEFORE QUICKLY PERFORMING AN OKLAHOMA ROLL…1…2…3!!!

Winners – Christian York and Joey Matthews @ 6:00

The fans cheer the conclusion of the match, happy to see York and Matthews rebuild some serious moment, as the referee raises Matthews’ hand in the air. York then rolls back into the ring and he joins the victory ceremony, and the two partners share a high five, happy with their performance for the evening.

The celebration doesn’t last long though… AS YORK AND MATTHEWS BOTH GET KNOCKED DOWN FROM BEHIND…

BY LITTLE GUIDO AND BIG SAL!!!

Heat emanates from the fans for the cowardly sneak attack, but The FBI doesn’t care. With Mamaluke still down, GUIDO AND SAL STOMP ALL OVER YORK AND MATTHEWS, SENDING A MESSAGE THAT THEY ARE NOT TO BE MESSED WITH!!!

THEY CONTINUE THE ATTACK…

WHEN DANNY DORING AND ROADKILL SPRINT DOWN THE RAMP AND SLIDE INTO THE RING!!!

Admittedly, Doring gets to the ring a little quicker and Roadkill, but they both do get there… AND DORING MEETS GUIDO WITH RIGHT HANDS!!!

Guido is in shock, as Doring continues to hammer away, before he grabs Guido by the hair, AND THROWS HIM OVER THE TOP ROPE AND TO THE OUTSIDE!!!

Meanwhile, ROADKILL SIMPLY RUNS AT BIG SAL, LANDING A BODY SPLASH WHICH SENDS HIM TUMBLING TO THE CANVAS AND UNDERNEATH THE BOTTOM ROPE!!!

Seeing what has happened to his teammates, Mamaluke smartly rolls underneath the bottom rope, deciding not to get involved in the after match festivities.

The fans are chanting “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” for the somewhat exciting aftermath to the contest, whilst The FBI back up the ramp, with Guido shouting “THIS IS NOT OVER”!

Back inside of the ring, York and Matthews are now back to their feet, and much like when they saved Doring and Roadkill from The FBI, the two teams share a nod, respect shown, but neither team completely at ease with the other.

The two teams, both with the same championship goal, continue to stare down each other and The FBI as we cut to commercials…

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Once the commercial break is over, we follow a camera in the backstage area, in a rundown office with an old computer, with Cyrus sitting behind the desk. The seemingly relaxed leader of The Network takes a chilled out breath, before placing his feet on the desk, watching ECW Hardcore TV on the television positioned on the other side of the room. Suddenly, there’s a commotion, as the office door FLIES open and SLAMS into the wall, causing Cyrus to jump to his feet, looking concerned. Cyrus’ facial expression changes from concerned to irritated as in walks the ECW Television Champion Jerry Lynn, with the same paranoid look on his face he’s had for the past month. Lynn clutches the TV Title as close to his chest as possible, rubbing his sleepless eyes, whilst Cyrus seems to be surprised by Lynn’s appearance, especially his full grown, unshaved beard. After a few more moments, the intense Lynn walks up to the desk, puts both hands on it and begins to speak.

Jerry Lynn: I’ve given you a few weeks out of good grace, but that time is over now. I don’t know why but you’re keeping me out of the loop. I demand to know what the deal is.

Cyrus seems taken aback by the directness of Lynn, looking shocked, but Lynn doesn’t budge.

Jerry Lynn: I still can’t believe you’re associating with Justin Credible but I’ve heard rumors of all sorts of plots and plans that don’t involve me. I’M THE TV CHAMPION!!!

Weeks of pent up frustration is coming out of Lynn now, as he drives his fist into the desk in anger.

Jerry Lynn: I REPRESENT THE NETWORK!

The leader of The Network still doesn’t say anything, just staring down Jerry, whose eyes begin to dart from side to side, paranoia in full swing.

Jerry Lynn: Look, I’m sorry okay, I don’t know how to approach this situation, but I’ve heard things and I haven’t heard from you in weeks. Tell me I’m safe and tell me who my next challenger is.

Now Jerry just shoots a penetrating gaze at Cyrus, who has a slight smirk on his face, whilst he nods knowingly.

Cyrus: Look honestly; there is a reason why I’ve kept you out of the loop. It’s because there is no plan!

Lynn doesn’t buy it for a second.

Jerry Lynn: I’m not in the right state of mind for this, don’t screw with me.

Cyrus walks around the desk and places a friendly hand on Lynn’s shoulder. Jerry shoots a quick look at the hand but lets it stay there as ‘The Virus’ speaks.

Cyrus: I can understand you feeling this way but at the same time, I can’t. I brought you back from a dark place and I’ve never steered you wrong.

Lynn kind of shrugs, realizing Cyrus is speaking the truth.

Cyrus: But what you’ve got to understand is that sometimes I need to do what’s best for The Network. Bringing in Credible was what is best for The Network, but there is no elaborate plan. That was just a lie to get Credible into the fold.

Cyrus nods along with his words, almost trying to convince Lynn, who seems a bit uneasy still. Realizing this, Cyrus shoots Lynn a grin.

Cyrus: Come on, man, think about all the good things I’ve ever said about you, way before this began. You’re my number one guy and we’re building this company around you.

Cyrus now takes a step back and puts out his hand to Lynn… AND LYNN ACCEPTS THE HANDSHAKE!!!

Jerry Lynn: Thank you, that’s good.

Jerry looks ready to leave, a smile now on his face, but Cyrus holds up his hand, motioning he has something else to say.

Cyrus: And just to make sure there no problems between you and I, as a show of good faith…

He pauses and Lynn looks intrigued.

Cyrus: I’ve decided to clear up your schedule and you give a little more r and r. You can have next week off from defending your title and you can just kick back with me tonight, and watch Justin Credible shut down Kid Kash!
Despite being a little more confident with the situation, that last mention of Credible clearly irks Lynn all over again. Still, Cyrus sits back down and signals for Lynn to pull up a chair, which he does, and it seems the two will watch the rest of the show together. All is well in the world of The Network…

We’re back at ringside as it’s time for our second match of the evening, but before that, we get a video package…

ECW Heatwave

July 15th On PPV

From Dayton, Ohio

This time it really is time for the next match as “Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck” by Grinspoon plays to a GIGANTIC amount of heat as usual, whilst the ever confident Justin Credible saunters down the ramp. The heat doesn’t die down either, rather rabid from the fans, but Credible doesn’t care, just twirling his Singapore Cane with his fingers, before sliding into the ring. Despite being ready for battle against an arch nemesis, JC seems to be in an OVERLY confident mood, clearly not sweating his opponent. “Fuck That” by Kid Rock is his opponent’s music, and once it hits, Kid Kash immediately bursts through the curtain, eager to reach the ring. The fans cheer loudly as Kash slaps a few hands, before sliding straight into the ring and going nose to nose with Credible.

Match Two

Justin Credible vs. Kid Kash

Before the match begins, The Network official Danny Daniels sprints to the ring and has a heard with the existing referee, telling him that he is no longer required. The referee initially looks as if he’s ready to complain but realizes that there is no point, so he instead tucks his tail between his legs and leaves the ring. This makes Credible even happier, but ‘The Notorious K.I.D.’ pays it no attention, ready to get this one underway. The early stages saw the match go up and down, neither man able to get an advantage, showing that these two really are an even match up each time they step into the ring. KK decides to change his strategy slightly though, blocking out his hatred, being less aggressive and instead using his quickness to his advantage. The change in tact actually allows Kash to begin to gain a sustainable advantage… UNTIL CREDIBLE BLATANTLY KICKS HIM IN THE DICK!!!

Heat reverberates around the arena as Kash drops to the canvas, coughing and spluttering, and potentially not being able to have kids. This break in action and slowdown of the pace allows Credible to shake out the cob webs as he leans against the ropes. The fans are almost in riot mode, whining about the low blow; however, Danny Daniels simply shakes his head, rubbing his leg whilst yelling “IT WAS A KICK TO THE THIGH”. Credible giggles regarding Daniels’ ruling, whilst the fans continue to hate on him, as the obvious low blow has Kash still clutching his groin area on the canvas.

From here on out though, it’s a completely different match to the beginning. Slow and steady wins the race for Credible, as he beats down on Kash, hoping to make him regret constantly picking a fight with Credible. Despite the beat down from Credible and several near falls, with a few fast counts sprinkled in, he just can’t quite put Kash away. The frustration continues to build for Credible, so he perhaps too early in the contest, GETS KASH IN POSITION FOR THE THAT’S INCREDIBLE… BUT KASH POWERS OUT OF IT WITH A BACK BODY DROP!!!

KK made a comeback from here, using his quickness and his hatred for Credible, to really leave the number one contender for the ECW Championship reeling. The fight moved to the outside of the ring where ‘The Notorious K.I.D.’ continued to ride his wave of momentum, until we went underneath the ring and pulled out a WOODEN TABLE!!! Kash set the table up on the outside of the ring and throughout the course of the next few minutes; both men teased using the table, but for one reason or another were unable to do so. Eventually, they fight back inside of the ring and Kash ends up grabbing Credible and placing him onto the top turnbuckle in a seated position. Kash follows him up, as the fans begin to cheer… AS KASH GETS READY TO GO FOR A FRANKENSTEINER… TO THE OUTSIDE AND THROUGH THE TABLE… BUT CREDIBLE REVERSES AND LANDS A SIT OUT POWERBOMB FROM THE TOP ROPE TO THE INSIDE OF THE RING!!!

The fans immediately break out into another “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” chant… AS CREDIBLE REMAINS IN A SEATED POSITION FOR THE COVER…1…2…3!!!

NO!!! KASH JUST ROLLS A SHOULDER OFF THE MAT AT THE LAST SECOND!!!

Credible is so shocked at the resilience of Kash, so much so that he even begins to argue with referee Daniels, who simply shrugs, also at a loss. Whilst Kash is still in the contest, he isn’t really, as for the next few minutes Credible has his way with the annoying KK. JC lands several big time moves, except for the That’s Incredible, which Kash keeps evading. Credible gains several near falls in the next few minutes but is unable to put Kash away.

Getting a little frustrated, Credible looks down on the canvas at a barely moving KK, before casting his eyes upon the table that is set up on the outside of the ring. The fans begin to buzz in anticipation as Credible drags Kash by the hair and drags him through the ropes and to the apron. To make sure Kash remains down, Justin lands a few quick stomps before looking right into the camera and yelling “WATCH THIS, RHINO”! With a message to be sent, CREDIBLE GETS KASH IN POSITION FOR A PILEDRIVER… LOOKING FOR THE PILEDRIVER OFF OF THE APRON… BUT KASH FIGHTS OUT OF IT!!!

Kash manages to break Credible’s grip and free himself, before using his last ounce of energy to HAMMER away with several right hands. With Credible dazed, Kash lands a kick to the gut… BEFORE LEAPING OFF OF THE APRON… AND SENDING CREDIBLE THROUGH THE TABLE WITH AN INSANE TORNADO DDT!!!

HOLY SHIT!!! After that huge spot, the fans once again erupt into chants of “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”. Both men remain down in the rubble, Credible showing no signs of life, whilst Kash is beginning to stir and crawl towards the crowd barricade. Sensing that this match is slipping away from Credible and The Network, Danny Daniels thinks on his toes and begins counting…1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8…

Daniels is counting both men out which is getting ENORMOUS heat from the fans. Credible is yet to move a muscle, whilst Kash is using the crowd barricade to get to his feet, so Daniels speeds up his count…9…10!!!

Double Count Out @ 12:56

Danny Daniels immediately calls for the bell, and the fans can’t believe it, chanting “FUCK THE NETWORK”, “FUCK THE NETWORK”, “FUCK THE NETWORK”. Kid Kash has finally battled his way back to his feet, and he slides into the ring, before using the ropes to once again drag himself to his feet.

Realizing that he has saved the match for The Network, and perhaps prevented KK from getting a shot at the TV Title, Daniels immediately hurries from the ring. Being a little out of it, Kash isn’t sure what’s going on as Daniels is leaving, until the ring announcer makes an announcement…

“LADIES AND GENTLEMAN… THE REFEREE HAS RULED THIS CONTEST A DOUBLE COUNT OUT”!!!

More heat from the fans can be heard as the announcement echoes throughout the arena, whilst an exhausted and beaten up Kash drops to his knees. He’s clearly confused yet extremely frustrated with the fact that he was once again within an inch of beating Credible, but more importantly, he was THAT close to a TV Title shot.

Meanwhile, on the outside of the ring there is some concern as Justin Credible, outside of a couple of twitches, is yet to really move. The fans don’t care but ‘Damage Control’ do as they make their way down the ramp, and they end up having to stretcher Credible out of the arena.

Inside of the ring, Kash gets back to his feet and “Fuck That” by Kid Rock plays, whilst the fans give Kid Kash a STANDING OVATION. Despite his disappointment with the result, Kash nods appreciatively with the fans, and turns to leave the ring…

ONLY TO BE CLOBBERED IN THE FACE WITH THE TV TITLE…

BY JERRY LYNN!!!

Kash may damn well be unconscious now, past the point of recovery, as Lynn just stands over him, snarling. With the TV Title in his grasp, Lynn rolls out of the ring, clearly happy with his handiwork, as the fans continue to boo the hell out of him.

Outside of the ring, Lynn grabs a microphone, a sadistic smile on his face. He’s forced to wait a few moments before speaking due to the volume of the heat coming from the fans.

Jerry Lynn: You put in a good effort Kash, but I’m out here to put a full stop on the fact that it wasn’t good enough. You had to BEAT Justin Credible to get a title shot but you didn’t, which proved that you’re not as good as the New F’n Show.

Volcanic heat continues in the direction of Lynn, but the champion ignores it, seemingly back to a good mindset after his earlier chat with Cyrus.

Jerry Lynn: I beat Justin Credible with ease at Hardcore Heaven. You’re not as good as me, so you couldn’t beat that stupid bald headed prick!

There is still a slight smirk on the face of Lynn as he gets to insult Credible, whilst even a few fans let out a little pop. He still gets tons of heat as well though.

Jerry Lynn: Taking a good look at my competition, I can confirm that NOBODY IS AS GOOD AS ME, AND I’M GOING TO HOLD THIS TITLE FOR TWENTY FOUR MONTHS!!!

BOOOOO, as the intense Lynn makes reference to beating RVD’s historic TV Title reign.

Jerry Lynn: FUCK YOU, VAN DAM!!!

Always obsessive, Lynn makes one more reference to his old enemy RVD, before looking inside of the ring and scoffing at Kid Kash. Lynn then SPIKES the microphone to the floor, causing it to make an awful noise, before he raises the TV Title above his head.

Jerry closes his eyes in ecstasy, not minding the heat from the fans, having a much better night than the last few. It’s now time for our final commercial break of the evening…

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

In his usual locker room with battered locker doors, all alone and pacing is a furious looking ECW Champion Rhino. The champion is all sweaty, matted hair, obviously quite worked, as he starts speaking whilst continuing to pace.

Rhino: I’m a man to be feared, I’m not afraid of anybody!

He lets out a roar as he continues to pace, jaw trembling, ready to explode with fury.

Rhino: ANYBODY!!!

The champion screams his loudest, showing just how angry he is right now.

Rhino: NOT SOME GUY WITH A FUCKING STICK!!!

If it’s even possible, he seems to get even angrier at the reference to The Sandman.

Rhino: I CAN BREAK A STICK!!!

Rhino signals breaking something with his hands.

Rhino: I CAN BREAK A NECK!!!

He grits his teeth, continuing to breathe heavily.

Rhino: I CAN END A LIFE… I WILL END A LIFE IF JUSTIN CREDIBLE GETS IN THE RING WITH ME…

Bronx cheers come from the fans at the insult towards Credible, as Rhino is now frothing from the mouth.

Rhino: LANCE STORM? I’M NOT AFRAID OF LANCE STORM… FUCK LANCE STORM!!!

No more cheers from the fans now as they love Storm, but the champ couldn’t care less.

Rhino: FUCK CANADA… DETROIT TAKES A SHIT ON CANADA…

I love being able to say the most outrageous stuff with this man. Oh yeah, and he’s still angry of course.

Rhino: I’LL TAKE A SHIT ON LANCE STORM!!!

Rhino drives his boot into one of the lockers, needing to let out some violence.

Rhino: I’LL MAKE HIM EAT IT…

The outrage continues to pour out as he holds up his ECW Title.

Rhino: LANCE STORM HELD THREE TITLES BUT HE NEVER HELD THIS… HE NEVER HELD THIS BECAUSE HE’S A FUCKING PUSSY!!!

He throws the title to the floor now, and begins ripping at his hair, face reddening by the millisecond.

Rhino: I’LL FIGHT LANCE STORM ANYTIME HE FUCKING WANTS AND IF STORM HAS ANY COURAGE… HE’LL FIGHT ME NEXT WEEK FOR THE TITLE…

Whoa, big challenge made by Rhino. I wonder if Cyrus would be happy with that being made…

Rhino: I’LL FIGHT ANYONE!!!

Rhino pauses before heading to one of the lockers… AND HE HEADBUTTS IT, LEAVING A MASSIVE BUMP IN IT!!!

Rhino: I DON’T GIVE A FUCK…

The champion continues to pace like an absolute mad man.

Rhino: EVERYBODY KNOWS MY NAME… BECAUSE I’M THE ECW CHAMPION!!!

He drags the title off of the floor and puts it over his shoulder, further emphasizing that he’s a champion.

Rhino: I’M UNDEFEATED WITH THIS BELT ON THE LINE… EVER… I’VE NEVER LOST…

Suddenly, Rhino stops pacing but he continues to breathe loudly, almost frantically.

Rhino: SAY MY NAME… SAY MY FUCKING NAME… I’LL MAKE LANCE STORM SAY MY FUCKING NAME ALL NIGHT!!!

One last pause for the psychopath to catch his breath.

Rhino: RHINO… RHINO… RHINO… RHINO… RHINO… RHINO!!!

The champion lets out a roar again, before staring into the camera, looking unhinged and we cut away…

It’s main event time now so “King Of Old School” by Boner hits to a fantastic NEGATIVE reaction as Steve Corino slowly swaggers towards the ring. Not too far behind is his entourage, consisting of Dawn Marie and Jack Victory, and they all seem to be in good spirits despite the insults coming from the fans. Once they get inside of the ring, Corino flips a few of the fans off before getting his mind on the task at hand. “Man In The Box” by Alice In Chains rocks through the speakers now and the ever resilience Tommy Dreamer makes his way straight towards the ring. Tommy slaps hands with a few of the fans on his way to the ramp, before climbing onto the apron and performing the ‘Raven pose’. The fans chant along with Dreamer as Tommy gets into the ring and is ready to get things going.

Match Three

Steve Corino w/Dawn Marie and Jack Victory vs. Tommy Dreamer

To be completely honest, this is pretty much the same as every other match that involves Tommy Dreamer; it’s a god damn brawl. As usual with the ECW style, they brawl inside and outside of the ring, and even make their way through the crowd at different parts of the contest. No longer the joke he was twelve months ago, Corino hangs tough and actually does okay with Dreamer, however being the more natural brawler, Dreamer does eventually take over. Dreamer gets close to finishing things off a couple of times throughout the contest, when Corino is saved thanks to interference from Dawn Marie and Jack Victory!!!

After another near fall thanks to Dawn Marie getting onto the apron and distracting the referee, Tommy gets fed up. Victory doesn’t want to get involved initially as Tommy walks over to the apron and Dawn asks, “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GONNA’ DO”? Tommy responds by GRABBING DAWN BY THE HAIR AND DRAGGING HER THROUGH THE ROPES AND INTO THE RING!!! Marie’s tune has changed now as she begs for mercy, as does the referee, whilst the fans blow the roof off of the arena, wanting Marie to get decked. After milking the moment for a little longer… TOMMY PUTS DAWN IN POSITION FOR THE DDT… BUT VICTORY HAS HANDED SOMETHING TO CORINO… AND CORINO THROWS POWDER RIGHT INTO THE EYES OF TOMMY!!!

Dreamer immediately lets go of Dawn, who hurries out of the ring, as Tommy keeps trying to get the powder out of his eyes. He is clearly blind as a devilish smirk appears on Corino’s face, and TOMMY WALKS STRAIGHT INTO AN OLD SCHOOL BOMB FROM CORINO!!! The fans begin an “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” chant… SO CORINO HOOKS THE LEG, GOING FOR THE COVER…1…2…NO!!! TOMMY GETS HIS SHOULDER UP AT THE LAST SECOND!!!

Dawn is white as a ghost on the outside of the ring, and the commentators mention that she probably won’t be a factor in the rest of the match now. Meanwhile, Corino now has his time in the sunshine, able to beat the living hell out of Dreamer, but unable to score a three count. The ‘King Of Old School’ is as resourceful as ever though, constantly using Victory to help him maintain an advantage. Eventually, showing why he is the heart and soul of ECW, Dreamer begins making a comeback, only for Victory to try and get involved again. As a dazed Corino rests on the other side of the ring… DREAMER GRABS VICTORY… AND DROPS HIM WITH THE DDT!!!

The fans mark out for Victory finally getting what he deserves, whilst Corino tries to rush up behind Dreamer, but Tommy avoids it. Tommy then kicks Corino in the gut… AND GETS HIM IN POSITION FOR A DDT… BUT HE QUICKLY TOSSES CORINO TO THE SIDE…

BECAUSE HE SPOTS CW ANDERSON HEADING TOWARDS THE RING!!!

CW slides into the ring, but Tommy immediately meets him with a barrage of wild left and right strikes, just completely overwhelming Anderson. Anderson is forced to just cover up, and Tommy’s a man on the mission, delivering a close to career performance… AS HE GETS ANDERSON INTO POSITION FOR THE DDT NOW… WHEN STEVE CORINO THROWS A FUCKING FIREBALL INTO THE FACE OF TOMMY DREAMER!!!

There is a momentary stunned silence, which is interrupted by chants of “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”. The fans can’t believe it as Tommy releases Anderson and staggers around the ring for the second time tonight, clutching at his face. This time is a lot worse than the first as Tommy’s hands cover his face, leaving him with no vision… SO CORINO POUNCES WITH A QUICK INSIDE CRADLE…1…2…3!!!

Winner – Steve Corino @ 15:14

The fans BOO the result as the referee raises Corino’s hand before quickly rushing from the ring. It’s with good reason to as Dreamer has bounces straight back to his feet, and he’s SWINGINGWILDLY, trying to attack anything that moves.

He doesn’t have much luck though, still having vision issues after the fireball incident. On commentary, Joey Styles and Joel Gertner mention that the fireball must have been a glancing blow, because Tommy doesn’t seem to be as hurt as The Sandman and Corino were when they received it.

Either way, it doesn’t matter because just as Dreamer starts to corner Corino, CW ANDERSON BELTS HIM WITH A LEFT FOREARM TO THE NECK FROM BEHIND!!! The heat from the fans picks up as from here we have a two on one assault, with Anderson and Corino beating the hell out of Dreamer with punches and kicks.

The beating continues when “Enter Sandman” by Metallica blares throughout the arena, and gets an EPIC POP as The Sandman appears in the bleachers. CW and Corino pay him no attention, continuing to not allow Tommy to breathe, as Sandman foregoes his beer and cigarette and rather hurriedly makes his way through the fans, before sliding into the ring.

As always, The Sandman is accompanied by his trusty Singapore Cane, so when CW sprints at him… THE SANDMAN TAKES ANDERSON’S HEAD OFF WITH A SINGAPORE CANE RIGHT TO THE FACE!!!

“ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” chants ring out again for the weapon use, as Corino is mounting Dreamer… ONLY TO COP A SHOT TO THE HEAD WITH THE SINGAPORE CANE AS WELL!!!

Just like that, The Sandman has evened the odds, getting cheered loudly, and he raises the Singapore Cane above his head… UNTIL DAWN MARIE SNEAKS FROM BEHIND AND NAILS A LOW BLOW ON THE SANDMAN!!!

Dawn is quick to get back out of the ring, when The Sandman drops to his knees, and now all four men are down inside of the ring. The fans are urging Dreamer and Sandman to get up, and The Sandman is the first to get up, still favoring his groin… AND HE STUMBLES STRAIGHT INTO AN ANDERSON SPINEBUSTER FROM CW!!!

Meanwhile, Corino is back up as well now, and Dawn Marie grabs a steel chair and slides it into the ring. The ‘King Of Old School’ picks up the steel chair, before standing over the tired Dreamer, who is trying his best to get up. CORINO SMASHES THE STEEL CHAIR ACROSS THE BACK OF TOMMY… And Dreamer falls back flat, but immediately tries to get up again… SO CORINO LANDS A SECOND AND A THIRD SHOT WITH THE STEEL CHAIR ACROSS THE BACK!!!

Even though the violence is coming from the heels, another “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” chant starts up. Corino smugly stands over Dreamer now, yelling “I DARE YOU TO FIGHT BACK”, whilst CW stands over Sandman and yells, “NOBODY STANDS UP TO AN ANDERSON”!

Almost as if on cue, “Walk” by Kilgore BLOWS THE ROOF OFF OF THE ARENA as the familiar theme song signals the arrival of Rob Van Dam. Sensing that his teammates for Heatwave are in trouble, Van Dam jogs down the ramp, paying the fans no attention, but as he goes to get into the ring… CW AND CORINO BEGIN KICKING THE ROPES, NOT ALLOWING RVD TO GET INTO THE RING!!!

He tries a few more times but they continue to block his entrance to the ring, much to the dismay of the fans. Eventually RVD rolls his eyes and turns around in frustration, hands on hips… BUT HE TURNS STRAIGHT INTO A DEADLY GORE OUTSIDE OF THE RING BY…

THE ECW CHAMPION RHINO!!!

Nobody expected that so another “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” chant rings out from the crowd. Rhino pounded his chest with pride, before not even acknowledging his Network comrades and just turning around and stomping off to the back.

Van Dam is broken in half on the floor, not even looking like recovering, as inside of the ring, Corino and Anderson continue to beat the hell out of Dreamer and Sandman. Wanting to finish off with a bang, Corino yells to Victory, “GIVE ME YOUR BELT”, and Victory immediately undoes his belt and passes it to Corino.

Corino stands over Dreamer again… BEFORE GOING TO TOWN… WHIPPING HIM REPETITIVELY WITH THE BELT, CAUSING WELTS TO POP UP ALL OVER HIS BODY!!!

The noise of the shots can be heard throughout the entire arena, as Corino now tosses the belt to Anderson. Following Corino’s lead… CW NOW WHIPS THE SHIT OUT OF THE SANDMAN WITH THE SAME BELT!!!

Brutality is the name of the game, and The Network seems to have won tonight. Having finally had enough, the fans begin chanting “FUCK THE NETWORK”, “FUCK THE NETWORK”, “FUCK THE NETWORK”, not enjoying the fact that Dreamer and Sandman have been left lying, with welts all over their bodies.

Meanwhile, Dawn Marie gets back into the ring now, standing next to Victory, Corino and Anderson, and the four raise their hands in the air, in celebration mode.

The quartet continue to celebrate over the fallen bodies of Dreamer and Sandman, as the crowd begins hurling garbage into the ring, and we fade to black…

END OF SHOW

Current Card for ECW Heatwave

July 15th, 2001

Dayton, Ohio

ECW World Heavyweight Championship Match:

Rhino (c) defends against Justin Credible

Grudge Match:
CW Anderson, Jerry Lawler and Steve Corino vs. Rob Van Dam, The Sandman and Tommy Dreamer​

Stojy

Reaction score
ECW News And Notes

It has been reported and confirmed by insiders within Extreme Championship Wrestling that on the most recent episode of Hardcore TV, Justin Credible has sustained a shoulder injury. The injury is said to have occurred during his match with Kid Kash, when both men went crashing through a table on the outside of the ring thanks to a Tornado DDT. Credible was kayfabe stretchered out of the arena, perhaps meaning ECW were planning to play on the spot anyway; however, this left shoulder injury is said to not be kayfabe. At this stage, exactly what the injury entails is unconfirmed, yet it is said to be very unlikely that Justin Credible will be able to compete at ECW Heatwave on July fifteenth.

This causes concern for the company as the current main event scheduled for Heatwave sees Rhino defend the ECW Championship against Justin Credible. There is still a slight chance that Credible’s injury isn’t as bad as currently feared, and he could be fit to compete at Heatwave, but Heyman, and his investor, refuse to take that chance. If Credible is deemed fit to compete, he may be placed into some sort of last minute program, but the ECW Championship match currently scheduled has officially been cancelled. Cyrus has released a statement via The Network confirming that he will be making an announcement regarding a replacement for Justin Credible at Heatwave this week on the June sixteenth edition of Hardcore TV.

On another note, there have been rumors swirling for a few months now that the WWE were very close to signing a big ECW name. Whilst no information regarding who the wrestler is has been revealed, the deal itself is now being described by people in the know as a “done deal”, and could see the wrestler’s last appearance with ECW to be as soon as Heatwave. We’ll hopefully be able to deliver more on this story as it continues to develop.​