Extreme Championship Wrestling by Stojy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stojy

Reaction score
Extreme Championship Wrestling

Heatwave 2000 Results:

Sal E. Graziano w/Tony Mamaluke defeated Balls Mahoney.
Kid Kash, Danny Doring and Roadkill defeated Simon Diamond, C.W. Anderson and Johnny Swinger.
Jerry Lynn defeated Steve Corino w/Jack Victory.
Chris Chetti and Super Nova defeated Da Baldies (Tony DeVito and Angel).
Yoshihiro Tajiri defeated Mikey Whipwreck, Little Guido and Psicosis in a Four Way Dance.
Rhino defeated The Sandman to retain the ECW Television Championship.
Rob Van Dam w/Bill Alfonso defeated Scotty Anton.
Justin Credible w/Francine defeated Tommy Dreamer w/Jazz and George in a Stairway To Hell Match to retain the ECW Championship.

Roster:

Owner:
Paul Heyman
Commentators: Joey Styles and Joel Gertner
Backstage Interviewer: Stephen Prazak
Ring Announcer: Joel Gertner

Angel
Balls Mahoney
Bill Alfonso
Bilvis Wesley
Chilly Willy
Chris Chetti
Chris Hamrick
Christian York
C.W. Anderson
Cyrus
Danny Doring
Elektra
EZ Money
Francine
George
Jack Victory
Jasmine
Jazz
Jerry Lynn
Joey Matthews
Johnny Swinger
Julio Dinero
Justin Credible
Kid Kash
Little Guido
Lou E. Dangerously
Mikey Whipwreck
Pierre Carl Oulette
Psicosis
Rhino
Roadkill
Rob Van Dam
Sal E. Graziano
Scotty Anton
Simon Diamond
Spike Dudley
Steve Corino
Super Nova
The Blue Boy
The Sandman
The Sinister Minister
Tom Marquez
Tommy Dreamer
Tony DeVito
Tony Mamaluke
Yoshihiro Tajiri

Champions:
ECW World Champion:
Justin Credible
ECW Television Champion: Rhino
ECW Tag Team Champions: Vacant

PPV Schedule:

ECW Anarchy Rulz 2000 – October 1st, 2000 – Saint Paul, Minnesota – Roy Wilkins Auditorium
ECW November To Remember 2000 – November 5th, 2000 – Villa Park, Illinois – Odeum Expo Centre
ECW Massacre On 34th Street 2000 – December 3rd, 2000 – New York, New York, Hammerstein Ballroom

This is a BTB I worked on for a long time over at WC and even WF before that. Starts the night after Heatwave 2000 (July) and goes through to November To Remember 2002. Basically, I just don’t want this to be on my computer and nowhere else because I’m proud of it, so thought I’d post here.

Throughout the years, there were times where I may have gotten lazy with match recaps or not writing previews and pretty sure there are even a few months where I just wrote monthly recaps to get to a more exciting time period. I’ll try and remaster all my ‘lazy’ content as we go.

And a huge shoutout to RDT for backing this up for me and making it possible.

rant

p a r t t i m e r
Reaction score
“Remaster“ the lazy parts?!

Does that mean we might actually get new episodes of ECW?!

lol either way, was always a fan of this thread and it’ll be cool to relive it here.

Reactions: Stojy

Stojy

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, guys. Remastered means a few things. If there’s something I didn’t particularly like, or that I recapped because I was lazy, it will be written in full. I won’t be rewriting any PPV matches though because WAY too much effort.

Those few months where all I did was monthly recaps will indeed mean new episodes.

ECW on TNN Preview
21-07-2000

In any other place in the world you’d think after defeating Tommy Dreamer to retain his title in a Stairway to Hell match, life would now become easier for the ECW Champion Justin Credible. Unfortunately for the champion, this isn’t any other place in the world. This is Extreme Championship Wrestling… ECW! Credible has held the title for one day under three months and will be looking to reach the significant milestone in style. To do so he will have to back up Heatwave with another title defense tonight against ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ Yoshihiro Tajiri. Tajiri will be riding a wave of momentum after his Four Way Dance win at Heatwave as well, which leaves us with the final question, who will be the champion of extreme after tonight’s show?

Champions aren’t the only ones who will be in action tonight, as two wrestlers hunting for ECW gold will be looking to continue their winning ways as well. ‘The Whole Fuckin’ Show’ Rob Van Dam will be in one-on-one action against Balls Mahoney, and Jerry Lynn will up against Little Guido. Will the two ego fueled stars continue their winning ways or will Balls or Guido be able to cause an upset?

Expect all of this as well as appearances from The Network, Tommy Dreamer, Team Me and C.W. Anderson at ECW on TNN!

Confirmed Matches:
ECW Champion Justin Credible w/Francine defends against Yoshihiro Tajiri
Balls Mahoney vs. Rob Van Dam w/Bill Alfonso
Jerry Lynn vs. Little Guido w/Sal E. Graziano​

Reactions: RDT

Stojy

Reaction score
ECW on TNN
July 21st, 2000
Poughkeepsie, New York

No opening video package.

Definitely no pyro.

Instead, all we hear are the rabid fans, letting off the best chant in wrestling history.

“E C DUBYA, EC DUBYA, EC DUBYA!”

Meanwhile inside the squared circle stands Joey Styles and Joel Gertner, smiles on their faces and microphones in hand, ready to formally introduce everybody to the show.

Joey Styles: Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, welcome to ECW! I’m ‘The Voice of ECW’ Joey Styles, and next to me is my fellow announcer Joel Gertner, and we’re both as EXCITED as can be for the first extreme gathering since Heatwave!

Joel Gertner: I couldn’t have said it better myself, Joey. Heatwave was incredible but tonight’s going to be just as good.

Joey Styles: Tonight is sure to be a HELL of a show. We’ve got Balls Mahoney and ‘The Whole F’n Show’ Rob Van Dam, Jerry Lynn and Little Guido AND fresh off his successful defense against Tommy Dreamer, Justin Credible will defend the ECW title against Yoshihiro Tajiri!

I hate commentary so you probably won’t see too much of it in this thread.

That’s why before the two announcers can say anymore; “Debonaire” by Dope begins playing through the arena, announcing the arrival of The Network! Of course, a pompous looking Cyrus leads the way, flanked by Steve Corino and the ECW Television Champion Rhino, and they are in turn flanked by Jack Victory and Scotty Anton. The heat this faction gets is simply phenomenal but they all seem to be lapping it up, except for Rhino who just looks as intense as ever.

The two announcers are surrounded by The Network, as Styles dutifully hands Cyrus his microphone.

Cyrus: You can’t b-…

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Cyrus is literally drowned out by the dislike of the ECW faithful.

Cyrus: DON’T BOO ME!

More boos of course, which causes The Network members to get agitated.

Cyrus: DON’T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

“FUCK YOU, CYRUS… FUCK YOU, CYRUS… FUCK YOU, CYRUS”!

Cyrus: I’m T.N.N.

Cyrus lets out a shit eating grin, as the fans continue to boo the hell out of him.

Cyrus: That’s right, you ought to show us some respect, because we are all representatives of The Network!

Cyrus isn’t exactly winning the fans over here, but he could care less.

Cyrus: And despite ALL of the insults I receive from you idiotic fans, I’m still willing to give ECW a chance if everybody plays along…

As the fans continue to voice their disapproval, Cyrus walks up to Joel Gertner, pokes him in the chest and says “THAT MEANS YOU TO, FAT BOY”!

An irritated Gertner takes a step forward, showing some fire…

But the flame is quickly unlit, when Rhino and Corino step in front of Cyrus.

“KICK HIS ASS… KICK HIS ASS… KICK HIS ASS”!

Despite the crowd’s words, Cyrus now has a slimy smirk on his face, looking at a furious Gertner from behind the shoulders of Rhino and Corino.

Cyrus: In all seriousness though Joel, I wanted to say thank you. Thanks for bringing in that… FAT FAGGOTT demographic again!

Gertner is trembling with anger, but unfortunately, he knows there’s not much he can do.

Cyrus: Joey Styles on the other hand, you’re somebody I’m actually impressed with…

Styles shows no emotion at all, just giving a slight nod to Cyrus… The fans are cheering their lungs out for Styles though.

Cyrus: I mean you’re no Jim Ross

WOW. UNGODLY HEAT for the mention of a WWF commentator. Cyrus loves it.

Cyrus: But for another two months, until ECW’s deal with The Network expires, you are the voice of SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT for The Network!

Styles again clenches his jaw trying not to react, as the fans can be heard cat calling, claiming that ECW is wrestling, not sports entertainment.

Cyrus: So gentleman, now that you both know what your role in the company will be for the next two months, I’d appreciate if you would exit the ring. We have some other business that we need to attend to.

The announcers don’t need to be told twice as they quickly get out of the ring, as Cyrus’ demeanor becomes way more serious.

Cyrus: One thing Joey Styles didn’t mention during the show introduction was that the card for tonight is subject to change. There is one minor change that will be made to tonight’s card, Jerry Lynn will no longer be wrestling Little Guido as I have given The FBI the night off.

More heat from the fans who are obviously expecting some dastardly plan… Cyrus puts his hands up reassuringly…

Cyrus: There’s no need to worry, they were treated fairly. It’s a paid night off!

BOOOOOOOOO, as Cyrus and the rest of The Network members bar Rhino have a chuckle.

Cyrus: Now I completely understand that this would put a dent in the preparation plans of one Jerry Lynn. So Jerry, on behalf of The Network, we really want to explain what’s happening face to face. I know you’re in the back; can you please come out here?

They don’t have to wait too long as “Scapegoat” by Fear Factory plays through the speakers, and out steps a confused looking Jerry Lynn. Lynn is already dressed to wrestle; however, he has a microphone in hand and stops half way down the entrance way. Once the music dies down, the fans are still giving Lynn quite the ovation, so he has to wait awhile before speaking.

Before Lynn can speak, Cyrus scrunches up his face, mouthing something off the microphone to his buddies.

Cyrus: Come on, Jerry. You’re so faraway. I promise you nobody will try anything if you come to the ring right now.

Lynn looks around a little tentatively, surveying the fans who are giving him mixed advice, before he begins walking to the ring. Once on the apron, Lynn pauses until Corino holds the ropes for him and cockily says “SCOUTS HONOUR, WE WON’T TOUCH YA’!”

Lynn hops into the ring and immediately stares a hole through Cyrus.

Jerry Lynn: Who am I wrestling tonight?

Cyrus pretends to be shocked at Lynn’s all business approach, pretending to be hot under the collar. All this does is cause the ECW fans to tell Lynn to murder him.

Cyrus: Now Jerry, before we get to that I just want to let you know that I still like you. The only problem is you upset my friends, which really left me with no choice.

Everybody is a little confused as to what’s happening next, as Cyrus passes the microphone to ‘The King Of Old School’.

Steve Corino: We’ve got limited TV time so I’ll make this short and sweet…

Corino pauses, his eyes full of contempt, but Lynn looks like he hates him just as much.

Steve Corino: YOU EMBARRASSDED ME, LYNN!

Corino pauses again, trying to maintain his composure, as the fans boo him.

Steve Corino: YOU SPAT IN THE FACE OF THE NETWORK, SO NOW WE’RE TAKIN’ YOU OUT!

Heat from the crowd as Lynn automatically gets into a fighting stance. The members of The Network except for Corino and Rhino just laugh at him.

Steve Corino: As of this very moment, there’s a ten-thousand-dollar bounty on your head! Whoever wants to have the first go at collecting the bounty needs to come out here RIGHT NOW!

There’s murmuring from the audience, as Corino looks as smug as ever. Lynn looks worried, not wanting to take his eyes off the entrance way… or The Network. All of a sudden, “Turn It Up” by Busta Rhymes is heard and Angel and Tony DeVito of Da Baldies make their way out. They receive more heat than they are used to for the current situation, as they slide in the ring and laugh at Lynn, before making cash gestures with their hands to Cyrus.

Steve Corino: Come on, let’s go. Let’s start the match. Da Baldies are having the first go at the bounty!

Before any violence begins, Cyrus grabs the microphone back off of Corino.

Cyrus: Before this gets underway, I mentioned before that I like you Jerry, so I’m willing to give you another chance. If you shake my hand right now, I’ll find different opponents for Da Baldies, and the bounty will be off. What do you say?

Da Baldies looks a little slighted, as Cyrus puts out his hand…

Lynn stops to survey the fans…

As they beg him not to shake the evil leader of The Networks hand…

Lynn looks Cyrus in the eye, as Cyrus has a smile on his face…

BUT LYNN SHAKES HIS HEAD ANS SPITS ON CYRUS’ SHOES!

IMMEDIATELY AFER THIS… DA BALDIES CLOBBER LYNN FROM BEHIND AND BEGIN STOMPING ALL OVER HIM!

Enjoying watching Lynn get tortured, The Network slowly exit the ring and head backstage…

Meanwhile, the two on one mugging continues…

UNTIL TOMMY DREAMER SPRINTS DOWN THE RAMP!

DREAMER IMMEDIATELYBEGINS HAMMERING AWAY ON DEVITO… AS ANGEL STAYS ON TOP OF LYNN!

A REFEREE THEN SPRINTS DOWN AS THIS ONES GOING TO BE A TAG TEAM MATCH!

Match One

Da Baldies vs. Jerry Lynn and Tommy Dreamer

Honestly, there’s not too much to say about this match, it’s definitely not one that’s going to be on any most downloaded list or anything like that.

Da Baldies have a brief stint in control at the beginning due to their attack on Lynn, however once Lynn begins to fight back, he and Dreamer just look a class above.

Despite not being a team, they make frequent tags like a well-oiled machine which frustrates Da Baldies.

All hell eventually breaks loose, and LYNN CRUSHES ANGEL WITH THE CRADLE PILEDRIVER, WHILST DREAMER PUTS DOWN DEVITO WITH THE DDT! Both men make stereo covers…1…2…3!

Winners – Jerry Lynn and Tommy Dreamer @ 5:12

After the contest, Lynn and Dreamer celebrate much to the delight of the ECW faithful, until they come face to face.

There seems to be a little bit of tension between the two, until they shake hands…

WHAM!

LYNN GETS DROPPED WITH A CHAIR SHOT ACROSS THE BACK FROM STEVE CORINO!

BEFORE DREAMER CAN REACT, HE GETS DRILLED IN THE FACE WITH A STEEL CHAIR FROM SCOTTY ANTON!

Jack Victory
is out as well, and together the three members of The Network continue to beat the hell out of Dreamer and Lynn.

After stomping all over the two men for a while as the fans go crazy, Corino picks up Lynn AND DROPS HIM WITH THE OLD SCHOOL EXPULSION!

The fans begin to get a little louder, as Dreamer is fighting back against Anton. He nails him with a right hand… And another… And another… BUT JACK VICTORY COMES FROM BEHIND WITH A LOW BLOW!

A fired up Anton then locks in THE CLAPPER, torturing Dreamer as Corino stands over Lynn mouthing off.

Joey Styles: Somebody needs to get out of here and stop this. The Network is simply out of control, and we all know the damage that The Clapper can do. That’s the move that put Raven out of ECW, damn it, somebody has to put a stop to this. We will be right back, ladies and gentlemen.

Anton lets go of the hold now, and the three men celebrate and brag to the fans, who sound absolutely murderous… as Lynn and Dreamer remain motionless in the ring.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Once we are back from commercials, we see Team Me, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger backstage looking deep into the camera, whilst a larger man stands behind them with his back to the camera. Team Me aren’t dressed to wrestle tonight, but they look happy as hell.

Simon Diamond: For over a year, over a long year, I’ve had a problem. But finally, the solution has arrived…

Simon Diamond motions behind him… and the big man turns to face the camera… and it’s an arrogant looking CW ANDERSON!

CW Anderson: Now Simon I told you both, if you want to know about tag team wrestling, ya’ need to follow an Anderson!

Diamond nods along, but Swinger seems a little tentative.

Johnny Swinger: But you’re from Atlanta…

There’s a cleverly timed pause in dialogue as the fans boo the shit out of the ECW reference. CW just shakes his head…

CW Anderson: It doesn’t matter where I’m from; the only thing that matters is what we do next!

Anderson keeps his eyes on Swinger, who shrugs and nods in agreement.

Simon Diamond: And that’s how you solve a problem…

The trio look pretty happy with themselves as we head back to the arena…

“Big Balls” by Boner plays throughout the arena and to a fair amount of cheers from the fans out steps Balls Mahoney. Balls looks to be in pretty good spirits with the crowd well and truly behind him, as he wastes no time getting inside the ring. “Walk” by Kilgore then plays to what is easily THE LOUDEST OVATION of the night as ‘The Whole Fuckin’ Show’ Rob Van Dam makes his first appearance of the night. Styles does his best of putting over what many would call ECW’s biggest star, as Van Dam plays to the crowd and looks a lot more relaxed than his opponent. Of course, he’s got the whistle blowing Bill Alfonso with him as well. Once he’s in the ring though, he puts his serious face on as it’s time to brawl.

Match Two

Balls Mahoney vs. Rob Van Dam

Honestly, there’s only one way to describe this one, bowling shoe ugly. It’s not going to win any awards for Hardcore match of the year, but what it is, is a very entertaining fight. The match actually begins with both men sharing a handshake, showing a mutual respect which, the fans seem to appreciate. Once the action gets started though, there’s no collar and elbow tie up, instead the two begin trading hands. Balls swings and lands a wild haymaker, but RVD responds with three quick forearms. The two go back and forth like this a couple more times, until Van Dam ducks a Balls right hand, and looks to kick Balls in the gut. Balls catches the foot and holds it for a moment smiling at an unbalanced RVD, but VAN DAM COMES BACK WITH A ROLLING MULE KICK!

The fans love it as ‘The Whole Fuckin’ Show’ follows up with a Discus Leg Drop before making a cover…1…2…NO! Mahoney kicks out as Styles puts over the fact it will take a lot more than a couple of kicks to keep down big Balls. RVD brings the big man back to his feet and peppers away with more forearms, causing a dazed Balls to back against the ropes. This is easy pickings for RVD to charge at Balls and Clothesline him over the top rope and out to the floor.

The “RVD, RVD, RVD” chants begin echoing throughout the arena, as RVD panders to the crowd a little. Mahoney uses the ring apron to get back up to his feet, only to immediately get drilled back down with a Baseball Slide. Van Dam remains in the ring, waiting for Balls to get back to his feet… and when he does RVD GOES FOR A SPRINGBOARD CROSSBODY… BUT BALLS DESPERATELY THROWS A STEEL CHAIR RIGHT INTO THE ABDOMEN OF THE FLYING VAN DAM!

“EC DUBBYA, EC DUBBYA, EC DUBBYA” chants can now be heard, as Styles puts over the brains of Balls to be able to retrieve a steel chair from under the ring without anybody realizing. With RVD reeling on the cold, hard concrete floor, Balls realizes this is his chance. He drags Van Dam up by the hair… AND THROWS HIM STRAIGHT INTO THE CROWD BARRICADE!

Van Dam clutches straight at his ribs upon impact, which is probably where the steel chair did the damage with the first high impact move. Balls beats on Van Dam around the ring for a few minutes, using anything you can think of to cause RVD pain, before he eventually rolls him back inside the ring. Balls follows in, with a steel chair of course, and like a batter at the plate, waits for RVD to get up. Once RVD is up, ‘The Hardcore Chair Swingin’ Freak’ THROWS THE CHAIR WITH ALL HIS MIGHT STRAIGHT INTO THE FACE OD RVD! Van Dam crumbles, and Balls goes for the cover…1…2…NO! Van Dam gets a shoulder up.

Balls uses a couple of steel chairs to keep Van Dam down for a while, until ANOTHER BRUTAL CHAIR SHOT causes RVD to fall to the outside. Balls drops the chair and heads outside the ring, seemingly in complete control, until RVD lands a SPINNING HEEL KICK out of nowhere. This causes Balls to drape himself over the crowd barricade, so Van Dam quickly hops onto the apron, and after posing to the fans… HE CRUSHES BALLS WITH A GUILLOTINE LEG DROP!

As the “RVD” chants take over again, both men remain down, the physical toll of this match clearly being a hefty one. RVD somehow gets to his feet first despite all the hardcore punishment he has received, and he rolls Balls back into the ring. Once he’s inside, RVD QUICKLY LANDS ROLLING THUNDER BEFORE GOING FOR THE PIN… 1…2…NO! Balls gets a shoulder up!

“Mr. Pay Per View’ looks a little frustrated, before dropping Balls again with a Scoop Slam, AND LANDING HIS PATENTED SPLIT LEGGED MOONSAULT! VAN DAM PINS AGAIN, THIS TIME IT’S GOT TO BE OVER…1…2…3!

NO! BALLS GETS A SHOULDER UP AT THE LAST POSSIBLE MOMENT!

Styles is marking out for the resilience of both men as the fans applaud the close false finish. Van Dam brings Balls to his feet again, and lands a few forearms, before whipping him into the corner. RVD lands a few shoulders to the mid-section, before doing a back flip, and charging in for one last shoulder. Balls slouches in the corner but keeps himself standing despite the agony… SO RVD CHARGES AT HIM AGAIN… JUMPING UP FOR A MONKEY FLIP… BUT BALLS USES HIS STRENGTH TO HOLD RVD… BEFORE JUST DROPPING HIM ONTO THE STEEL CHAIR FROM EARLIER WITH A MODIFIED SPINEBUSTER! BALLS DRAPES AN ARM OVER RVD…1…2…3!

NO! RVD JUST GETS A SHOULDER UP!

Balls can’t believe it, as his eyes open wild, and he runs his hands through his hair in frustration. Balls gets up and signals that this is over… and despite not being as popular as his opponent, he still gets some nice cheers. Balls brings Van Dam to his feet… but RVD shrugs Balls off, lands a few forearms, before jumping at him, looking for a Crossbody… BUT BALLS SHOWS INCREDIBLE STRENGTH CACHING VAN DAM, MANUEVERING HIM INTO POSITION AND LANDING THE NUTCRACKER SUITE! BALLS HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…3!

NO! VAN DAM JUST ESCAPES AGAIN!

Feeling a little frustrated is now an understatement for Balls, as he picks up his trusty steel chair. He waits for RVD to get up, and when he does… BALLS SWINGS FOR THE FENCES… BUT RVD DUCKS… VAN DAMINATOR! Balls drops like a bag of sand, as a battered Van Dam slowly makes his way to the ropes… and leaps up to the top rope… RVD scans the crowd, who are all on their feet… BEFORE COMING OFF THE TOP WITH THE FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH… BUT BALLS GET HIS KNEES UP WITH A STEEL CHAIR ON TOP OF THEM!

The impact is brutal as the fans start a slight “BALLS” chant which is quickly taken over by an “EC DUBBYA” one. With RVD once again reeling on the mat, Balls doesn’t just want to make the cover, he wants to make sure of things. Balls drags Van Dam up by the hair and lifts him up like his going for a Suplex, but instead places him onto the top rope. Balls then climbs up to and signals that he’s going for the Nutcracker Suite from the top rope… but Van Dam lands a few brutal head butts to the bridge of the nose, which allows him to push Balls back down to the canvas.

Balls lands on his feet, but takes a moment to regain his composure, and this gives RVD long enough TO COME OFF THE TOP ROPE WITH THE DIVING THRUST KICK! The fans mark the fuck out as the impact sends Balls sprawling into a seated position in the corner. Seeing this, RVD grabs a steel chair, before climbing to the top rope of the opposite corner… AND RVD LEAPS OFF, DAMN NEAR CRUSHING BALLS’ SKULL WITH A VAN TERMINATOR!

RVD DRAGS THE LIFELESS BALLS TO THE MIDDLE OF THE RING AND MAKES THE COVER…1…2…3!

Winner – Rob Van Dam @ 13:51

As Balls remains unmoving, RVD slowly makes his way back up, selling the effects of the brutal match. Styles puts over the efforts of both men, as Van Dam has his arm raised in victory and begins celebrating with the fans.

As the ECW fans continue to cheer for their hero, we head to commercials.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Once we return from commercials, we see Joey Styles and Joel Gertner standing by.

Joey Styles: Welcome back to ECW on TNN! Now before we get to tonight’s main event which will be Justin Credible defending the ECW Championship against Yoshihiro Tajiri, we have TWO HUGE announcements to make. The first one is that on August twenty fifth, at the infamous Hammerstein Ballroom, we will begin a tag team tournament to crown new ECW Tag Team Champions.

Joel Gertner: At this stage we don’t have any information regarding the tournament brackets, or just who will even be competing in the tournament. All we know is that we haven’t had tag team champions in over three months now, so this tournament is set to have an astonishing impact on the tag division here in ECW.

Joey Styles: I couldn’t agree with you more, Joel. At the beginning of tonight’s program we saw The Network come out here and stack the deck against Jerry Lynn like never before. Not only did they put a TEN-THOUSAND-dollar bounty on his head, they then booked him in a two on one match against Da Baldies. Luckily for Jerry Lynn, Tommy Dreamer was watching in the back, and volunteered to be Lynn’s tag team partner for the night. The extreme duo defeated Da Baldies; however The Network still had the last laugh. After the match Steve Corino, Scotty Anton and Jack Victory attacked Lynn and dreamer… But now it’s been announced that next week on TNN, Steve Corino will team up with Scotty Anton to take on the two men they attacked tonight, Jerry Lynn and Tommy Dreamer. This match has quite the stipulation to it as well, as the winners will gain entry into the tag team tournament next month.

Joel Gertner: All four of these guys are predominately singles wrestlers, but the ECW Tag titles are the most prestigious in the business. These four already don’t like each other, and with the added carrot dangling in front of them all, this match is going to be great!

Before I continue writing commentary and want to quit this thread, “Smack My Bitch up” by The Prodigy comes over the speakers, which signals the entrance of Yoshihiro Tajiri. The fans cheer pretty loudly for ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ and he slaps hands with a few of them. The challenger looks extremely focused ahead of the opportunity of a lifetime. “Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck” is the next song that plays, as the ECW Champion Justin Credible makes his presence felt, accompanied by the… erm lovely Francine. Whilst Tajiri couldn’t be more focused, Credible argues with the fans and laughs at the challenge ahead, before finally getting into the ring.

Match Three
ECW Championship Match

Justin Credible w/Francine defends against Yoshihiro Tajiri

Once both men are in the ring the referee calls for the bell and the difference in moods between the two is evident from the get go. As the two men circle around like cagey veterans, the champion can be heard telling everybody “THIS IS GONNA’ BE A PIECE OF CAKE!” The fans don’t like the audacity of Credible, but Tajiri doesn’t react because he probably doesn’t even understand the insult. The two now look set to lock up… BUT INSTEAD THE ARROGANT CREDIBLE JUST PIE FACES TAJIRI!

Tajiri almost loses balance as he’s forced to bounce off of the ropes before coming right back at Credible. It’s safe to say that Tajiri understood that insult, as he immediately BEGINS HAMMERING AWAY ON CREDIBLE WITH STINGING RIGHTS AND LEFTS, HANDS AND FEET! The challenger is just too quick as he continues to light up the champion with all of his patented strikes. Eventually a dazed Credible falls to both knees… AND TAJIRI CONNECTS WITH THE BUZZSAW KI CK! TAJIRI HOOKS BOTH LEGS…1…2…3!

WE HAVE A NEW ECW CHAMPION!

NO WAIT, LAST MINUTE CREDIBLE JUST MANAGED TO GET A SHOULDER UP!

Francine looks like she was about to have a heart attack at ringside, as she screams encouragement almost threateningly at the champ. Meanwhile, Styles puts over the quick start from Tajiri which will hopefully knock some respect into Credible. The Japanese native looks at the referee, positive it was a three count. This allows Credible to roll outside the ring and take a breather. The champion is spaghetti legged as he walks around ringside and picks up his ECW title. Credible then takes a look at Tajiri, shakes his head… AND LOOKS TO START LEAVING THE RINGSIDE AREA!

The shell shocked Credible has decided he’s had enough for the night, as he stops for a moment and motions for Francine to join him. As she scurries around the ring to reach him…TAJIRI COMES OUT OF NOWHERE WITH A SPRINGBOARD MOONSAULT TAKING OUT CREDIBLE AGAIN!

Those famous “EC DUBBYA” chants begin again as Tajiri continues to prove that he may actually win this one. From this point forward, the match becomes more violent, or dare I say it, more extreme. The usual ECW hardcore carnage takes place from here, with a variety of weapons being used throughout the match. Tajiri spends a majority of the time beating on the champion, but Credible gets in a few decent licks on his own with a Singapore Cane. At one point the champion even dropped Tajiri with a Russian Leg sweep with the aid of the Singapore cane.

As the champion continues to beat down Tajiri inside the ring, he tells Francine to get him a table. Like a lady should, Francine does as she’s told and slides the wooden table inside the ring. Credible sets up the table, as FRANCINE RAKES THE EES OF TAJIRI TO KEEP HIM DOWN! Once the table is all set up, Credible brings Tajiri up to his feet… AND LOOKS TO LAND THE INCREDIBLE KICK… BUT TAJIRI DUCKS… AND LANDS A SUPERKICK OF HIS OWN!

This causes Credible to conveniently land draped over the table, so all Tajiri has to do is maneuver him into the middle of the table. ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ then heads to the top rope… BUT FRANCINE TRIES TO PULL ON HIS LEG! Sick of Francine’s constant interference throughout the match, TAJIRI KICKS FRANCINE TO THE FLOOR WHICH GARNERS AN EPIC POP FROM THE CROWD! TAJIRI TAKES A MOMENT TO COMPOSE HIMSELF…AND THEN LEAPS OFF THE TOP ROPE WITH A BODY SPLASH ONTO CREDIBLE AND THROUGH THE TABLE!

Those “EC DUBBYA” chants ring out again, as Credible isn’t moving, and Tajiri rolls off the champion and clutches his ribs, selling the effects of the move. After what seems like an eternity, TAJIRI IS ABLE TO DRAPE AN ARM OVER THE CHAMPIONS CHEST…1…2…

TONY MAMALUKE DRAGS TAJIRI OFF OF JUSTIN CREDIBLE!

The crowd can’t believe it! We better get security out here, so nobody murders Tony Mamaluke. The Italian brawler brings the battered Tajiri to his feet and hammers away with several right hands… before going for the killer blow… BUT TAJIRI DUCKS… AND BLOWS GREEN MIST INTO THE FACE OF MAMALUKE!

Tony rolls out of the ring clutching at his eyes…

When LITTLE GUIDO CHARGES INTO THE RING… BUT HE RUNS STRAIGHT INTO A KICK TO THE FACE FROM TAJIRI!

FRANCINE TRIES HER LUCK… AND SHE GETS KICKED IN THE FUCKING FACE AS WELL!

The fans are being whipped into a frenzy by the dangerous Tajiri, but he hasn’t realized that Credible is back up. Credible picks up his trusty Singapore Cane… AND TAJIRI TURNS AROUND… CREDIBLE SWINGS FOR THE FENCES… BUT TAJIRI DUCKS AND DAMN NEAR KNOCKS OUT CREDIBLE WITH YET ANOTHER KICK TO THE FACE!

TAJIRI FOLLOWS IT UP WITH A BASEMENT DROPKICK… BEFORE CRAWLING TOWARDS THE CHAMPION TO MAKE THE COVER…

WHEN BIG SAL HITS A FUCKING SPLASH OUT OF NOWHERE!

The mood in the arena deflates, before Big Sal cops death threats as he rolls out of the ring and begins checking on Little Guido.

Meanwhile back in the ring, a battered Credible gets to his feet with a shit eating grin on his face… pulls Tajiri up… AND BRINGS HIM DOWN WITH THE THAT’S INCREDIBLE! THE CHAMPION HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…3!

Winner – Justin Credible retains the ECW Championship @ 10:52

After the match, Credible is handed his title and he holds it real close to his chest, knowing he received the scare of a lifetime tonight.

The fans boo the shit out of Credible who continues to celebrate, now raising the title above his head, before he goes to check on the unconscious Francine.

Making their way up the ramp, The FBI are having all sorts of garbage and insults thrown their way, as they have legitimately cost Tajiri the ECW Championship tonight.

Speaking of Tajiri, he remains motionless on the mat, lying amongst pieces of broken table from earlier in the night. Whilst he hasn’t won the ECW title, tonight he has won everybody’s respect if he didn’t already have it…

Joey Styles and Joel Gertner give us a quick recap of the main event, putting over Tajiri like crazy.

Then we get a hype video for ANARCHY RULZ ON OCTOBER 1ST IN SAINT PAUL, MINNESOTA!

And then, we fade to black.

END OF SHOW

Stojy

Reaction score
ECW Hardcore TV Preview
22-07-2000

Last night at ECW on TNN, the ECW Champion Justin Credible was less than a whisker away from losing his championship to Yoshihiro Tajiri. The champion was dominated for a majority of the contest, and after receiving a Frog Splash through a wooden table looked set to lose. Credible was saved from interference by Francine, The FBI and Tony Mamaluke, and even then, it just a last-minute Splash from Sal E. Graziano which saved his title reign. Once Tajiri was damn near squashed like a bug, the champion was able to land the That’s Incredible and pick up the three count. Still being battered and beaten after last night, Credible will need to back it up again as tonight he will defend his ECW Championship against Pierre Carl Oulette. Will Credible be able to retain his title a little easier tonight, or can another unlikely challenger push him to the limit?

Last night Joey Styles and Joel Gertner announced that in a little over a month’s time on August 25th at the Hammerstein Ballroom there will be a tournament to crown new ECW Tag Team Champions. The titles have been vacant since April, and there are teams absolutely begging to get a spot in the tournament brackets. There’s a certain prestige involved in tag team wrestling, and tonight we will find who the first team to qualify for the tournament is. A four-team elimination match has been announced where the winners will be the first team to enter the tournament. The teams involved in tonight’s match will be Chris Chetti and Nova, the young debuting duo Christian York and Joey Matthews, ‘Da Baldies and Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke.

In other action EZ Money will go head-to-head with Kid Kash, and Jerry Lynn is also expected to be in attendance.

Confirmed Matches:
ECW Champion Justin Credible w/Francine defends against Pierre Carl Oulette
Winners get a spot in ECW Tag Team Championship Tournament
4 Team Elimination Match:

Chris Chetti and Nova vs. Christian York and Joey Matthews vs. Da Baldies vs. Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke w/Sal E. Graziano
EZ Money w/Chris Hamrick vs. Kid Kash​

Reactions: RDT

Stojy

Reaction score
ECW Hardcore TV
July 22nd, 2000
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Much like last week’s show on TNN, this show opens up with no opening video, no introduction, and this week there’s even no commentary…

There is a fair bit of heat echoing around the arena already, and we soon see why. Standing in the ring with a microphone in hand is everybody’s least favorite impersonator, Lou E. Dangerously.

Lou straightens up his baseball cap, looking pretty comfortable despite the abuse from the fans.

Lou E. Dangerously: Ladies and gentleman, welcome to the DANGER ZONE!

Lou looks pretty impressed with himself, before he has to start dodging garbage that’s being thrown at him.

Lou E. Dangerously: I’ve got two guests for tonight’s show, and I must say without a doubt, they are two of the most extreme people to ever step foot inside a ring…

The impersonator nods happily, as the audience begin murmuring, wondering who Lou could be alluding to.

Lou E. Dangerously: So please get off your seats, and clap your FILTHY hands together for… THE BLUE BOY AND JASMINE!

“What Would You Do” by Tha Dogg Pound pumps through the arena speakers, and The Blue Boy and Jasmine walk out arm in arm. Dressed in casual clothing, the two-look smitten as ever, as the man formerly known as The Blue Meanie struts his stuff. Meanwhile inside the ring, Lou E. is clapping away, giving Blue Boy the biggest ovation, he’s ever received.

Lou E. Dangerously: Thank you both so much for agreeing to appear on the Danger Zone!

Lou shakes Meanie’s hand, and revoltingly kisses Jasmine on the hand. The fans boo the fuck out of the lame people in the ring.

Lou E. Dangerously: Now when I asked you to appear on the show, you said you were more than happy to as long as I introduced you as the most extreme couple to ever step foot in a ring. I personally agree with you, but why should everybody else?

Lou passes the microphone to Jasmine, who holds it for Blue Boy.

The Blue Boy: Terrific question Lou, well done. You should give Joey Styles some pointers…

Huge heat from that one as the trio in the ring laugh. Styles lets out an exasperated “YEAH RIGHT” on commentary.

The Blue Boy: The reason why I asked to be introduced that way is actually pretty simple, it’s because it’s the truth. Not only have I undergone some extreme weight loss and now look better than anybody else in this arena, I’ve also got an extremely hot girlfriend.

A few wolf whistles are heard, as Jasmine giggles an gives a little twirl. Lou can be seen checking her out, but Blue Boy doesn’t realize.

The Blue Boy: As great as those things are, there’s one fact that shines through more than any of the others. Why do you think I didn’t have a match last night and I don’t have one tonight. The powers that be can’t find me an opponent because everybody knows I’m the MOST EXTREME wrestler in ECW!

The trio inside the ring again look pretty happy with themselves, as the fans boo the shit out of them.

Everybody’s mood completely changes though as “Enter Sandman” by Metallica rocks through the arena and the fans go absolutely APESHIT with applause. The pop is ENORMOUS as the three in the ring look like they've seen a ghost.

The cameras begin panning throughout the arena, until up in the stands with all the fans, we see The Sandman walking towards the ring. The fans continue to mark the fuck out, as the ECW future legend has a Singapore Cane in one hand, and a can of beer in the other. Sandman starts smashing the can of beer against his forehead until it cracks open…

He then skulls the beer, whilst a little bit of
blood trickles down his forehead. The Sandman finally makes his way over the crowd barricade and steps foot in the ring, eyeing off the heel trio who are all still shitting themselves.

Eventually, THE BLUE BOY THROWS CAUTION TO THE WIND AND CHARGES AT THE SANDMAN ONLY TO GET A SINGAPORE CANE ACROSS THE HEAD!

Blue Boy drops to the mat and THE SANDMAN HEADS FOR LOU E., WHO QUICKLY SCURRIES OUT OF THE RING!

As the “ECDUBBYA” chants ring through the arena, THE SANDMAN TURNS BACK TO THE BLUE BOY… AND LANDS SHOT AFTER SHOT AFTER SHOT WITH THE SINGAPORE CANE!

After about eight shots, The Sandman raises the Cane above his head, only to be swung around… AND SLAPPED IN THE FACE BY JASMINE!

Jasmine begins yelling at Sandman, who GRABS HER BY THE HAIR AND TAKES HER DOWN WITH THE WHITE RUSSIAN LEG SWEEP!

Sandman then picks up a microphone, and yells over the cheers of the adoring crowd…

The Sandman: THIS… IS… EXTREME!

The Sandman continues whaling on The Blue Boy as we cut to…

The opening video package as “This Is Extreme” by Harry Slash and the Slashstones plays throughout the arena, and funnily enough, the whole time this is all going on, The Sandman is getting drunk in the ring. Eventually The Sandman and The Blue Boy clear out, as Joey Styles formally welcomes us to the show. The fans still seem pretty pumped after the entertaining start when “For The Love Of Money/Down On Me” by The O’Jays and Jackyl and there’s a slight negative reaction as EZ Money makes his way out, accompanied by his Hot Commodity partner, Chris Hamrick. Once the due are in the ring, Hamrick confidently pats EZ Money on the back, assuring him that he’s hot this. Then “Fuck That” by Kid Rock comes on, and the fans start cheering for Kid Kash. Kash walks down the ramp, slapping hands with a few fans but meaning business ahead of tonight’s opening contest.

Match One

EZ Money w/Chris Hamrick vs. Kid Kash

This match isn’t really anything to special, or anything overly extreme, it’s just an exhibition so we can see what Kid Kash can do. As the two go at it, Joey Styles is quick to put over the fact that Kash has been on an impressive winning streak as of late. Despite Kash’s domination he can’t quite put EZ Money away, but all of a sudden, he picks up Money, and puts him in position for the MONEY MAKER!

Before he can hit it though, HAMRICK CLOBBERS HIM FROM BEHIND! Hamrick then waits for Kash to get up, before charging at him and TAKING HIM OUT WITH THE CONFEDERATE KICK!

Hamrick leaves the ring having done what he needed to do, as EZ gets up with a huge smirk on his face. EZ brings Kash up AND TAKES HIM BACK DOWN WITH THE CHA-CHING! EZ HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…3!

NO! KASH JUST MANAGES TO GET A SHOULDER OFF THE MAT!

Money looks a little frustrated as he argues with the ref, before letting the crowd know that enough is enough. Money heads to the top rope… BEFORE LEAPING OFF WITH A MOONSAULT… BUT KASH ROLLS OUT OF THE WAY!

Both men remain down for a few seconds, before they get up and Kash beats Money to the punch, knocking him around the ring for a good minute or so. Kash then NAILS MONEY WITH THE M ONEY MAKER!

Shockingly, Kash doesn’t go for the cover straight away. Instead, he charges across the ring… AND TAKES OUT CHRIS HAMRICK WITH A BASEBALL SLIDE! Kash then makes the cover on EZ…1…2…3!

Winner – Kid Kash @ 05:02

After the match, Kid Kash has his hand raised by the referee, as the fans cheer him on. Being all business as per usual, Kash doesn’t celebrate all that much, and makes his way to the back, his music still playing as we head to commercials.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Once we return from the commercial break, we see highlights of The Network opening ECW on TNN last night, and Steve Corino announces that there is a ten-thousand-dollar bounty on the head of Jerry Lynn. Da Baldies make a claim for the bounty expecting to take Lynn down in a two on one match, when ECW veteran Tommy Dreamer makes the save. Lynn and Dreamer defeat Da Baldies rather comfortably, however after the match Steve Corino, Scotty Anton and Jack Victory of The Network beat down Lynn and Dreamer. Corino took care of Lynn with the Old School Expulsion, whilst after a low blow from Victory, Anton put Dreamer in The Clapper.

When the video finishes, it’s time for some screen time for everybody’s favorite play by play guy, Joey Styles.

Joey Styles: Welcome back ladies and gentleman and as we just saw, last night on TNN The Network tried to take out their old enemy Jerry Lynn, but in the process they’ve made a new enemy in Tommy Dreamer. After The Network’s cowardly attack on Lynn and Dreamer, a tag team match has been announced for this Friday on TNN which will see Lynn and Dreamer face ‘The King Of Old School’ Steve Corino and Scotty Anton. After the events of ECW on TNN last night this one is very personal, as Corino believes Lynn has disrespected The Network, and Lynn and Dreamer are seeking revenge. Personal gain isn’t the only prize up for grabs in this one though; the winning team will earn a spot in the esteemed tournament to crowd new ECW Tag Team Champions. Speaking of which, coming up next is a four team elimination match and the winning team will be the first team announced in the tournament brackets.

The shill job being over, it’s time for “Turn It Up” by Busta Rhymes to pump through the arena, as Angel and Tony DeVito of Da Baldies make their way out to the ring. The crowd is rather indifferent regarding the pair, not giving them much of a reaction, as the two-look ready to bounce back from last night’s loss to Jerry Lynn and Tommy Dreamer. “Electric Molecular” by Chemlab is next up, as the debuting duo Christian York and Joey Matthews step through the curtain. There are a few jeers from smart fans that recognize them from WCW, but they are all smiles, clearly playing the role of faces in ECW. “Intergalactic” by The Beastie Boyz echoes throughout the arena next, and as Matthews and York try and make themselves comfortable in their new surroundings, Chris Chetti and Nova make their first appearance in this thread. The two get a nice reception from the audience, nothing over the top, but they get a better reaction than the other two teams in the match. The two look pretty pumped up, slapping hands with the fans but getting to the ring very quickly, obviously excited for their opportunity. And finally, “No Sleep Till Brooklyn” by The Beastie Boyz rocks through the arena and out step Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke, trailed by the enormous wildcard of this match Sal E. Graziano. Last night’s screwing of Tajiri still fresh in everybody’s mind; the Italian trio receive bucket loads of heat. Of course Guido and co. don’t care, shooting rude hand gestures at the fans as they make their way down the ramp.

Match Two
Winners Get A Spot In ECW Tag Team Championship Tournament
Elimination Match

Chris Chetti and Nova vs. Christian York and Joey Matthews vs. Da Baldies vs. Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke w/Sal E. Graziano

All four teams actually seem pretty eager to start the match in the ring, yet after some back and forth, the referee settles on Nova and Little Guido starting things out. Despite the fact that there is so many men involved, the match shows no sign of a cluster fuck in the early stages. The match begins with a collar and elbow tie up and both men jostle for position… UNTIL NOVA USES HIS STRENGTH ADVANTAGE TO TOSS GUIDO ACROSS THE RING!

The man who will one day be known as Nunzio looks shocked on the canvas, as Nova reverts back to his ‘Hollywood’ days showing off his guns much to the delight of the ECW faithful. These two continue to go back and forth with some basic chain wrestling, until the leader of The FBI rakes the eyes of Nova and randomly tags in Angel. Angel looks a little shocked, but the referee explains that you can tag in anybody into this match.

Da Baldies decide the best tactic would be to double team Nova so that's what they do… UNTIL CHRIS CHETTI charges the ring. York and Matthews and The FBI get involved as well, and the next thing you know, ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!

In the confusion with bodies flying around everywhere, the referee manages to see Little Guido tag himself back into the match with a slap on Angel’s back. Da Baldies and York and Matthews begin to brawl on the outside, which leaves Mamaluke and Guido with Chetti. Nova is still down as Mamaluke and Guido toss Chetti outside of the ring. Guido then picks up the helpless Nova… AND DROPS HIM WITH THE KISS OF DEATH! NOVA HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…3!

Elimination #1 – Chris Chetti and Nova

Little Guido remains in the ring and in steps Christian York, ready to hopefully make an impact in his first match in ECW. Guido seems to realize that York is fairly bigger than him, so he quickly tags in the brash Mamaluke. Tony walks right up to York and begins running his mouth… AND YORK RETALIATES OUT OF NOWHERE WITH AN EXPLODER SUPLEX! YORK HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…GUIDO BREAKS UP THE COUNT!

Styles puts over the impressive start from York, as Guido isn’t allowed to inflict anymore damage as Joey Matthews charges him and begins rocking him with right hands. Guido is reeling against the ropes, and Matthews and York Double Clothesline him over the top rope. With the referee trying to get Matthews out of the ring, they then focus on Mamaluke… as YORK LIFTS HIM UP WITH A FLAPJACK… AND MAMALUKE LANDS ON THE KNEE OF MATTHEWS! FLAPJACK/GUT BUSTER COMBINATION!

Despite it not exactly being Hardcore, the fans are on their feet really enjoying the move from the debut team. Before they can inflict anymore damage… TONY DEVITO SLAPS YORK ON THE BACK, TAGGING HIMSELF INTO THE MATCH!

DeVito and Angel use some successful quick tags to beat down on Mamaluke, scoring a few near falls as well. Eventually both members of Da Baldies get in the ring, and they tell York and Matthews what a real tag team looks like. The two-look set to hit a double team move when GUIDO DISTRACTS THE REFEREE…AND SAL DRAGS ANGEL OUT OF THE RING. SAL QUICKLY RAMS HIM INTO THE RING POST… BEFORE LANDING A HUGE SPLASH ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE RING!

Angel might be dead, as DeVito looks on in horror, yelling at Graziano. This gives Mamaluke time to sneak up from behind… AND GO FOR A ROLL UP…1…2…AND HE GRABS THE TIGHTS…3!

Elimination #2 – Da Baldies

The shocked DeVito immediately rolls outside the ring, wanting to check on his partner. An arrogant Mamaluke laughs at him, and runs his mouth from inside the ring… WHEN JOEY MATTHEWS COMES FROM BEHIND WITH A CRUCIFIX PIN…1…2…3!

Winners – Christian York and Joey Matthews @09:41

YORK AND MATTHEWS HAVE QUALIFIED FOR THE TAG TEAM TITLE TOURNAMENT IN THEIR DEBUT MATCH IN ECW!

They hug each other in jubilation… however their celebration doesn’t last long AS GUIDO, MAMALUKE AND EVEN BIG SAL ATTACK THEM FROM BEHIND!

The three of them beat down Matthews and York with basic stomps and kicks, until Nunzio and Tony hold down York, stretching him out… AND BIG SAL KILLS HIM WITH A SPLASH!

With York pretty much done for, Guido is slowly positioning Matthews for the KISS OF DEATH…

WHEN BALLS MAHONEY SPRINTS TO THE RING WITH A STEEL CHAIR IN HAND!

MAMALUKE IS FIRST TO CHARGE AT BALLS… ONLY TO GET SMASHED IN THE FACE WITH A STEEL CHAIR!

GUIDO IS NEXT TO RECEIVE A STEEL CHAIR TO THE FACE!

FINALLY, SAL COPS ONE AS WELL… BUT HE STAYS ON HIS FEET…

SO BALL KICKS HIM IN THE DICK… AND SMASHES HIM WITH ONE LAST CHAIR SHOT, WHICH SENDS SAL TUMBLING THROUGH THE ROPES ON THE OUTSIDE!

As Balls raises the chair above his head in moral victory, the “ECDUBBYA” chants echo amongst the arena.

Outside the ring Mamaluke and Sal are steamed, wanting to get back inside the ring… but Guido calms them down, telling them that “BALLS WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF”!

The FBI begins backing up the ramp, as Mahoney checks on York and Matthews as we head to commercials.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Commercials are over, which means it’s time for Joey Styles to have his say on what just took place.

Joey Styles: Welcome back ladies and gentlemen, and one thing I can say for sure is that The FBI has NOT been trying to make friends this week. Just before we went to commercials, Guido and Mamaluke lost to our newest tag team here in ECW, Christian York and Joey Matthews. The FBI including Sal E. Graziano attacked their opponents after the match, only to be stopped doing any permanent damage by Balls Mahoney. Nobody can forget last night either, when The FBI cost Yoshihiro Tajiri the ECW Championship. One has to wonder if that was just revenge for Tajiri eliminating Little Guido from the fatal four-way match at Heatwave, or if there is… something more to this situation. Maybe we’ll find out next week at ECW on TNN as it has just been brought to my attention that Yoshihiro Tajiri will be competing in a match against Psicosis! Not only that, but BILLY CORGAN of Smashing Pumpkins will be making an appearance, and last but definitely not least, the unconventional team of Jerry Lynn and Tommy Dreamer will do battle with The Network’s Steve Corino and Scotty Anton. Before we get there though, we’ve got one last roller coaster ride. Buckle up, folks; it’s that time of the night for our ECW Championship match!

Almost as if on cue, “PCO” by the ECW Production team plays through the pa system, and out steps Pierre Carl Oulette. He smartly doesn’t bring a Canadian flag out in front of the ECW faithful, as he gets a light smattering of applause. The fans clearly have enough common sense to know he’ll be playing the face role against the ECW Champion tonight. As PCO stretches and warms up inside the ring, “Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck” by Grinspoon hits and the fans ABSOLUTELY ERUPT WITH VOLCANIC HEAT… as a smirking ECW Champion Justin Credible steps through the ramp, followed by Francine. Francine seems to be limping after her bump last night with Tajiri, but she’s still all smiles, happy that her man still has the gold. Unlike last night against Tajiri, Credible shows PCO a little more respect as he’s quite a specimen.

Match Three
ECW Championship Match

Justin Credible w/Francine defends against Pierre Carl Oulette

Despite not blatantly laughing at his opponent tonight like Tajiri the night before, Credible still has a confident, smug look on his face as the bell rings. Credible tells PCO, “YOU DON’T KNOW ECW, MAN”, but the defiant PCO responds with some brutal looking fists to the face. Much like last night again, Credible is playing the role of the slimy champion, using interference from Francine and anything else he can do survive the onslaught from Pierre. Credible has a period of dominance after Pierre’s initial onslaught, but he can’t keep the determined challenger down for too long.

Pierre runs through Credible with an array of power moves, including an Exploder Suplex, and a Running Sit Out Powerbomb. Pierre then looks to finish things off, going for a DEATH VALLEY DRIVER… BUT CREDIBLE SENSATIONALLY REVERSES INTO AN ARM DRAG! Both men get straight back up and Credible lands an Inverted DDT before hooking the leg…1…2…PCO KICKS OUT!

Styles puts over the resiliency of the Canadian Frenchman as Credible heads to the top rope. He waits for PCO to get up… AND LEAPS OFF WITH A DOUBLE AXE HANDLE SMASH… BUT PCO GRABS CREDIBLE BY THE THROAT WITH BOTH HANDS… CHOKEBOMB OUT OF NOWHERE! PCO HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…CREDIBLE JUST GETS A SHOULDER UP!

Wondering what it will take to keep the champion down, PCO can be heard muttering something along the lines of Execution. As he prepares to bring Credible to his feet… CRACK! FRANCINE SMACKS HIM FROM BEHIND WITH A STEEL CHAIR… BUT PCO NO SELLS IT!

The fans begin marking the fuck out as “PCO” chants can be heard… and Francine drops the steel chair and backs off. Oulette GRABS FRANCINE BY THE THROAT… ONLY TO BE SMASHED IN THE BACK WITH A STEEL CHAIR BY THE NOW RECOVEREED CREDIBLE!

This time PCO drops to a knee, feeling the effects of the chair… and CREDIBLE CREAMS HIM OVER THE FACE WITH ONE MORE! CREDIBLE HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…3! NO! PCO JUST SHOOTS A SHOULDER UP!

With the challenger almost lifeless on the canvas even after the pinfall attempt, Credible heads outside the ring… and sets up a wooden table on the outside. He positions it just where he wants it… before he hops back onto the ring apron… BUT PCO THROWS THE CHAIR FROM ACROSS THE RING… AND IT LANDS RIGHT IN CREDIBLE’S FACE!

“ECDUBBYA” chants can already be heard before Credible hits the floor. A dizzy Oulette heads outside the ring, picks the champion up, and places him on the table. Oulette then heads to the top rope, takes a deep breath… AND LEAPS OFF THE TOP ROPE… DRIVING JUSTIN CREDIBLE THROUGH THE TABLE ON THE OUTSIDE WITH THE LE CANNONBALL!

Dueling “EC DUBBYA, PCO” chants are as loud as ever, as both men remain down in the remains of the table. Francine begs for Credible to get up, but much to her chagrin, PCO moves… and gets to his feet first. PCO slowly grabs the dead weight of Credible and rolls him into the ring, before following in… and hooking the leg… 1…2…3!

NO! FRANCINE LEAPS ON TOP OF PCO, BREAKING UP THE COUNT!

PCO gets up with Francine still clinging onto his neck, and he grabs her by the hair… AND FLIPS HER OVER HIS HEAD, SENDING HER CRASHING TO THE CANVAS!

The Canadian legend surveys the carnage in the ring, as Credible still hasn’t moved… so PCO heads outside the ring, and gets ANOTHER wooden table.

He sets this one up in the ring, before looking at Credible, then Francine. The fans see where this is going, marking the fuck out, as PCO GRABS FRANCINE BY THE HAIR!

Francine tries to fight him off with lame looking right hands but it’s to no effect… as PCO LIFTS HER HIGH INTO THE AIR… AND FUCKING POWERBOMBS FRANCINE THROUGH THE TABLE!

The loudest “ECDUBBYA” chants of the night are heard, as PCO looks down at Francine with a sadistic smirk, seeming to be enjoying the land of the extreme. The challenger looks to turn his attention back to Credible… who has crawled outside the ring… with his top half out, but his legs still in the ring. PCO laughs at the pathetic sight of the champion and drags him by the legs… ONLY FOR CREDIBLE TO THROW POWDER INTO PIERRE’S EYES OUT OF NOWHERE!

Styles puts over PCO’s glass eye and how he only has one good eye. PCO staggers around blindly… and CREDIBLE HAS THE ECW CHAMPIONSHIP IN HIS HANDS… AND HE SMASHES PCO IN THE FACE WITH IT. CREDIBLE HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…3!

NO! SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY PCO GETS A SHOULDER UP!

Credible can’t believe it as he claws at his head in shock, before pondering his next move. Credible heads outside the ring… and comes back in with a Singapore Cane! Credible waits for PCO to get up, like an animal seeking its prey… AND CREDIBLE SMASHES PCO IN THE GOOD EYE WITH THE SINGAPORE CANE!

PCO drops, but the intent champion brings him back up to his feet… AND SENDS HIM CRASHING BACK DOWN WITH THE THAT’S INCREDIBLE! JUSTIN HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…3!

Winner – Justin Credible retains the ECW Championship @ 11:01

Much like last week, a seemingly lucky yet admittedly resilient Justin Credible has retained the ECW Championship.

Credible is barely able to stand, using the referee for support as he has his hand raised in victory for the second night in a row.

Much like last night, Credible raises the title above his head in euphoria, before realizing that Francine is hurt and checking up on her.

As this is all going down, we can see Jerry Lynn in the Eagles Nest. Lynn is looking on intently, his eyes locked on Credible, not even blinking, as we fade to black.

-END OF SHOW-

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Not 100% caught up yet but damn I love this thread. I love The Network here coming out and giving Lynn the biz Steve comes out as a dick and feeling spited by Jerry. ECW Championship Match of Tajiri & Incredible was fun and I would love to see down the road a title run for the buzz saw.

White Rhyno

Reaction score
This was the BTB that made me give up and never return to my ECW BTB a long time ago in a forum far far away. I've always been a fan of it and I love the "remastered" idea. I missed a lot of shows and always felt like I was playing catch-up with it. I still gave it A LOT of 1st place votes though. I always managed to catch up and it was always worth it.

* I forgot how great Blue Meanie can be as a heel. Your character work here was sneaky good and accurate. Lou E is another character I really enjoy you using, as well.

Sandman doing Sandman shit was on brand and would have fired the crowd up to kick off the show.

* I can actually see "Balls will be taken off" being said. Guido was never the best charism a guy, but that was a pretty signature moment.
I like the build to the younger talent that was never really explored in the dying days. Its a unique take.

* The highlight, of course, is Credible retaining and looking strong doing it. The PCO match showcased his main skills and really showed the mannerisms and character work that no wrestling company used better than ECW. The dark Lynn take exitting the show builds up the much needed tension that were the hallmarks of Heyman's brand.

Really good work, as always, Stojy

Stojy

Reaction score
Appreciate the love guys. Hopefully the trip down memory lane continues to be a fun one until we get to some new stuff.

ECW on TNN Preview
28-07-2000

There’s one word that has been on the mind of Jerry Lynn and Tommy Dreamer all week and that word is revenge. Last week The Network and especially Steve Corino thought they had got one over on Lynn, when they announced that there was a ten-thousand-dollar bounty up for grabs for whoever could take Lynn out. The leader of The Network Cyrus gave Lynn one last chance to join them, but instead Lynn spat at Cyrus. ‘Da Baldies thought they were going to have a two on one walk in the park, until one of the veterans of the extreme land Tommy Dreamer came to Lynn’s rescue. Together the two defeated ‘Da Baldies only to be attacked after the match by The Network. It was announced later on in the night that Lynn and Dreamer would team up this week against Steve Corino and Scotty Anton. This match isn’t only about revenge because the stakes are high, whichever team wins will qualify for next month’s tournament to crown new ECW Tag Team Champions. Will the makeshift team of Dreamer and Lynn be able to get another win? Will The Network fight fair or will they use their strength in numbers? All of these questions will be answered tonight.

Whilst Lynn and Dreamer may become friends by circumstance, there are three men who have made nothing but enemies in the past week. Firstly, Little Guido, Tony Mamaluke and Sal E. Graziano interfered in Justin Credible and Yoshihiro Tajiri’s ECW Championship match last week on TNN. It looked as if Tajiri was about to accomplish his dream and cause quite the upset when The FBI cost him the match. The next night after being defeated by the debuting Christian York and Joey Matthews, The FBI would attack the two youngsters, only to get out of the ring when Balls Mahoney made the save. With Tajiri in action against Psicosis tonight, one has to wonder if The FBI will make another appearance, or whether their mob of enemies will be able to keep them at bay.

In other action, Rhino will defend the ECW Television Championship against Chilly Willy, Julio Dinero will go at it with Mikey Whipwreck and Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins fame will be making a special guest appearance.

Tune in to see all of this and more tonight at ECW on TNN.

Confirmed Matches:
Winners gain entry into ECW Tag Team Championship Tournament
Jerry Lynn and Tommy Dreamer vs. Scotty Anton and Steve Corino w/Jack Victory
ECW Television Champion Rhino defends against Chilly Willy
Psicosis vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri
Julio Dinero vs. Mikey Whipwreck w/The Sinister Minister​

Stojy

Reaction score
ECW on TNN
28 -07-2000
Peoria, Illinois

“ECDUBBYA”

“ECDUBBYA”

“ECDUBBYA”

The fans are already at a fever pitch, with a determined Chilly Willy bouncing off the ropes, keeping himself warm and ready for his opponent. He doesn’t have to wait much longer at all as “Debonaire” by Dope plays through the arena, and there’s an immediate gasp from the audience. Rhino barges through the curtain, the perfect picture of intensity with the ECW Television Championship around his waist. Willy looks like he’s lost his in the ring and who can blame him, as the fans continue to boo the shit out of this very awesome beast. Once in the ring, Rhino takes off his title, before sadistically smirking at the probably severely overmatched Chilly Willy. Joey Styles and Joel Gertner put over just how scary this man is, as the referee calls for the bell.

Match One
ECW Television Championship Match

Rhino defends against Chilly Willy

I don’t even know how I’m supposed to pretend to write this one like it was a semi decent match. Chilly looked a little worried as Rhino put his hands behind his back and motioned for him to take a free shot. Chilly shrugs, musters up all the intestinal fortitude he can and CHARGES FOR A CLOTHESLINE… BUT RHINO DUCKS… AND THEN TAKSES HIS FUCKING HEAD OFF WITH A CLOTHESLINE OF HIS OWN!

It’s already game over, but ‘The Big F’n Deal’ decides to bring Chilly up into the corner, and he just begins hammering away with brutal right hands, followed by shoulders to the mid section. Rhino then drags Chilly up… AND BRUTALISES HIM WITH A POWERBOMB!

With Chilly down, Rhino heads to the corner, prepping for the finish as the fans mark the fuck out despite their apparent hatred for this epic man. Chilly staggers to his feet… AND RHINO RUNS THROUGH HIM WITH THE MOTHER FUCKING GORE BEFORE HOOKING THE LEG…1…2…3!

Winner – Rhino – Rhino retains the ECW Television Championship @ 01:38

Rhino hasn’t even broken a sweat as after the match the referee tries to hand him his title. Rhino SNATCHES the gold, before yelling at the referee, “GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY RING”!

The referee being a somewhat intelligent lad, does what the champion says, and gets out of dodge.

Rhino begins bringing the broken Chilly Willy back up, as the referee pleads for Rhino to stop but he doesn’t acknowledge it.

Rhino roughly puts Chilly in between his legs… AND KILLS HIM WITH A RHINO DRIVER!

‘The Big F’n Deal’ isn’t finished yet though. The fans are booing the shit out of him until he hops outside the ring… AND GRABS A TABLE AND SLIDES BACK INTO THE RING WITH IT!

Now these crazy ECW fans are cheering this lunatic, looking forward to some brutality. Rhino doesn’t pull out the legs of the table, instead setting it up leaning against the turnbuckles in one corner.

The fans cheering get louder and louder… as Rhino turns to Chilly Willy… ONLY TO GET SMASHED WITH A SINGAPORE CANE BY THE SANDMAN!

Rhino staggers to the delight of the fans but the tough bastard stays on his feet… SO THE SANDMAN SMASHES HIM WITH THE CANE ACROSS THE HEAD AGAIN!

Rhino bounces off the ropes, just staying up… UNTIL THE SANDMAN DELIVERS A WHITE RUSSIAN LEGSWEEP!

The Sandman then motions towards the table… before pulling Rhino up by the hair… lifting him up… AND THE SANDMAN SCOOP SLAMS RHINO THROUGH THE TABLE IN THE CORNER!

The fans mark the fuck out for the failure of the ECW Television Champion’s plans…

Meanwhile, The Sandman pulls a can a beer out of his pocket… AND BEGINS SMASHING IT OVER HIS FOREHEAD UNTIL THE CAN CRACKS!

THE SANDMAN BEGINS GULPING DOWN HIS BEER…

The fans are on their feet…

“ECDUBBYA”

“ECDUBBYA”

“ECDUBBYA”

So now that the fans are pumped and ready to go, The Sandman continues to do his thing, as “This Is Extreme” by Harry Slash and The Slashtones” begins playing, and we get the cheaply produced ECW opening video. Styles and Gertner give us a quick welcome to the show, stating things started off with a bang, and they remind everybody to continue watching on after the commercial break.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Upon returning from commercials things seemed to have settled down again, as Joey Styles and Joel Gertner get some talk time.

Joey Styles: Thanks for staying with us, folks. After what was a raucous start to the show to say the least, we now have the time to say welcome to ECW on TNN. I’m Joey Styles and as you all know this big guy next to me is Joel Gertner, and tonight it’s FINALLY here. Ever since Tommy Dreamer came to Jerry Lynn’s aid and helped him defeat ‘Da Baldies last week and then they were attacked by The Network, this is the match everybody has been talking about. Lynn and Dreamer against Steve Corino and Scotty Anton of The Network and its tonight.

Joel Gertner: Don’t forget not only is this match personal, but the winners will qualify for next month’s tournament to crown new ECW Tag Team Champions. Those titles are going to have an owner for the first time in four months, and I think Lynn and Dreamer would be perfect advocates for the division.

Joey Styles: But coming up next we’ll see the man who came within a whisker of becoming the ECW Champion last week Yoshihiro Tajiri go one on one with Psicosis!

Joel Gertner: If it wasn’t for The FBI, Tajiri would be the champion right now. Psicosis is quite the accomplished wrestler as well though; this match could be a classic.

I still hate commentary. “Perros” by Cartel De Santa plays throughout the curtain and the fans give a polite round of applause for Psicosis. The commentators put over his ability as he slaps hands with some fans, before uneventfully getting in the ring and waiting for his opponent. “Smack My Bitch Up” by The Prodigy plays next and there’ an EPIC pop for everybody’s favourite Japanese wrestler, Yoshihiro Tajiri. Tajiri gained heaps of fans last week as he pauses, surveying the crowd… WHEN WHAM! HE’S CLOBBERED FROM BEHIND BY TONY MAMALUKE!

LITTLE GUIDO AND SAL E GRAZIANO EVENTUALLY JOIN IN, STOMPING ALL OVER TAJIRI AS THE FANS BOO THE HELL OUT OF THEM!

Guido directs traffic, and he and Mamaluke hold Tajiri up against the guardrail by an arm each. They stretch him out… AND SAL CHARGES, SPLASHING TAJIRI AND SQUASHING HIM INTO THE FUCKING CROWD BARRICADE!

Tajiri is squashed to bits but for good measure, LITTLE GUIDO RAMS A STEEL CHAIR INTO THE RIBS OF TAJIRI FIVE TIMES!

As the fans are ready to riot, Guido grabs a microphone from a conveniently placed ECW employee.

Little Guido: THAT’S what happens when you mess with The FBI!

The man who will one day be known as Nunzio pauses, seemingly enjoying the heat.

Little Guido: And as for this match… This is MY match now!

Little Guido confidently hops into the ring, and the referee shrugs and rings for the bell.

Meanwhile, medics have come out and are helping carry Tajiri who looks to have broken ribs to the back.

Match Two

Little Guido w/The FBI vs. Psicosis

Little Guido is pretty confident in the beginning of the match, and why wouldn’t he be with Mamaluke and Graziano watching his back on the outside. The match begins with some chain wrestling which is a little unexpected from Guido; however he definitely holds his own. Eventually Psicosis begins getting on top and a frustrated Guido pokes him in the eye, before hammering away with right hands. Guido then whips Psicosis into the ropes… BUT PSICOSIS COMES BACK WITH A SPRINGBOARD CROSSBODY… AND REMAINS ON FOR THE COVER…1…2…NO!

The leader of The FBI kicks out, much to the delight of his buddies on the outside. From here on out we get a pretty even contest but Guido looks to have the slight edge. Unfortunately for the Italian it’s not due to his skill, but due to Mamaluke and Graziano interfering every time Psicosis looks dangerous. Psicosis eventually begins to build some momentum though, and the fans get behind him, as he cleans Guido’s clock with a SPINNING HEEL KICK FROM THE TOP ROPE!

Psicosis is a little sore after the high risk move, and he takes his time to drape an arm over Guido for the cover… BUT THERE’S NO COUNT?

SAL E. GRAZIANO HAS LIFTED HIMSELF ONTO THE RING APRON AND HE’S DISTRACTING THE REFEREE!

As the referee is distracted, TONY MAMALUKE SNEAKS INTO THE RING, AND BEGINS STOMPING ALL OVER PSICOSIS!

As usual the fans shit over The FBI’s dirty tactics, but there’s a stirring in the crowd… before some blatant cheering… AS YOSHIHIRO TAJIRI WITH HIS RIBS TAPED UP RUNS THROUGH THE CROWD AND SLIDES INTO THE RING!

Mamaluke sees this and immediately runs at him… but he runs straight into the GREEN MIST!

Tony clutches at his eyes, and rolls out of the ring, screaming “I CAN’T SEE, I CAN’T SEE”!

Of course nobody cares though, as Guido is frozen in shock… before he charges at Tajiri… ONLY TO BE KNOCKED LOOPY WITH A ROUNDHOUSE KICK!

Tajiri quickly rolls out of the ring, runs around to where Graziano is on the apron… AND HE PULLS AT HIS LEGS, CAUSING GRAZIANO TO FALL AND LAND FACE FIRST ON THE RING APRON!

The referee looks confused as hell, as ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ points the referee to the action in the ring.

Guido still hasn’t moved, however Psicosis has. Much to the delight of the fans he has scaled the top rope… AND HE LEAPS OFF, CONNECTING WITH A DIVING LEG DROP! PSICOSIS MAKES THE COVER…1…2…3!

Winner – Psicosis @ 07:06

Tajiri has already left the ringside area having done his job for the night, meanwhile Psicosis gets his arm raised by the referee.

He looks around and sees all three of his adversaries beginning to stir and decides it’s time to leave the ring.

The fans continue clapping him up the ramp as we head to the back…

We cut to a hallway in the back, where we see a SEETHING, FURIOUS ECW Television Champion Rhino pacing. Rhino comes to a door and swings it open to see a bunch of unknowns in what must be the ECW wrestler ‘locker room’. Rhino looks around urgently…

Rhino: SANDMAN…SANDMAN… WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!?

All the unknowns look like they are shitting themselves, except for one who steps up to the plate.

Brave Unknown Guy: Sorry, he’s not here…

Wrong answer. RHINO KICKS THIS POOR GUY IN THE GUT… AND RHINO DRIVER’S HIM RIGHT IN THE FUCKING LOCKER ROOM!

As the rest of the crew scurry to check on the unknown, Rhino turns back to the hallway and BRUTALLY HEADBUTTS A WHOLE IN THE DOOR!

With a trickle of
blood dripping down his forehead, Rhino realises there’s a camera nearby.

Rhino: I’m in The Sandman’s every single thought… I destroyed The Sandman… I destroyed his family… and I FUCKING GOT OFF ON IT!

Rhino trembles with anger as he looks deep into the camera.

Rhino: If Sandman gets in my business again, I will end his life.

Rhino pauses, taking a deep breath, huffing and puffing before continuing.

Rhino: And Rob Van Dam… Don’t think I’ve forgotten about you. You come out week after week and talk about how you were unfairly stripped of MY ECW Television belt title. If you were a real champion, you wouldn’t have LET them strip you of the title, I wouldn’t have.

The TV Champ seems to have calmed down a little now, as he looks at the title still around his waist.

Rhino: You were weak, Rob. So to all your nagging and bitching, I say bad luck, shit happens…

He tries to stay calm, but he can’t. This man is a loose fucking cannon.

Rhino: ROB VAN DAM… SHIT HAPPENS. YOU WANT THE TITLE?

Pause for a millisecond.

Rhino: I’m not hiding, COME AND GET IT! COME AND GET IT! COME AND GET IT! I’M NOT HIDING BECAUSE I’M THE BIG FUCKING DEAL NOW… NOT YOU ROB… ME… SAY MY NAME! RHINO! RHINO… RHINO!!!

The intense individual that he is, he continues to death stare into the camera as we head to commercials.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Once we return from commercials, Joey Styles and Joel Gertner are given some more screen time to sell upcoming events.

Joey Styles: Welcome back, folks. Just before the commercial break we saw an incensed Rhino beat up a rookie and call out The Sandman and Rob Van Dam. Sandman and RVD are tough, but I don’t think anybody wants to cross paths with Rhino right now. Speaking of Rob Van Dam, it has been announced that tomorrow night on Hardcore TV he will be facing Roadkill in one on one competition!

Joel Gertner: RVD is the face of extreme there’s no doubt about that, but he will be in for the fight of his life against big, bad Roadkill…

Joey Styles: That’s not all for next week, Joel. Fresh off of his two somewhat lucky title defences last week, the ECW Champion Justin Credible will be defending his title again, this time against Kid Kash who’s been on quite the winning streak as of late.

Joel Gertner: Kid Kash doesn’t seem to have too many enemies at the moment, so as long as he keeps an eye on Francine, he could be in with a shot. I’ll be honest though, as much as I don’t like the guy, Credible’s taken a lot of punishment over the past month and show he can still come out on top.

Joey Styles: Come out on top with the help of others… Anyway I’ve also just been given word that the tournament to crown new ECW Tag Team Champions will have quite the unique bracket. Rather than end in a traditional team against team match, the final will be ECW’s signature THREE WAY DANCE MATCH!

Joel Gertner: This tournament is going to be huge for the land of extreme. We’ll also find out what other teams will be in the tournament in the coming weeks; however that will be done on Hardcore TV. Apparently announcing teams right now would be improper use of Network time. What a crock!

Before Gertner can continue to run his mouth and be even more hated by The Network, “Down on Me” by Jackyl plays as Julio Dinero struts through the curtain. Dinero is pretty arrogant, tensing for the ladies and what not as the fans give him a smattering of heat. “Bombtrack” by Rage Against The Machine is next up as the pyromaniac himself, Mikey Whipwreck makes an appearance, accompanied by The Sinister Minister. The duo make their way down the ramp getting some pretty nice cheers, before Mikey gets inside the ring ready for action.

Match Three

Julio Dinero vs. Mikey Whipwreck w/The Sinister Minister

Much like the opener with Rhino, this is just a way to put over Mikey and remind everybody that at his best he can be a legitimate threat. The arrogant Dinero gets in a slight bit of offense at one stage though, and manages to drop Mikey with a Bulldog! The Gigolo then heads to the top rope, but rather than act straight away, he dusts off his abs much to the annoyance of the fans in attendance. DINERO EVENTUALLY JUMPS OFF THE TOP WITH A MOONSAULT… BUT MIKEY ROLLS OUT OF THE WAY!

With Dinero just about out of it clutching his mid section, Mikey brings him to his feet… AND TAKES HIM BACK DOWN WITH THE WHIPPERSNAPPER! MIKEY HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…3!

Winner – Mikey Whipwreck @ 02:26

After the contest Mikey celebrates his somewhat hard fought victory, as The Sinister Minister gives him a round of applause from the outside…

As Mikey probably continues to celebrate, we head to the back to find Rob Van Dam dressed in casual gear looking pretty calm, whilst Bill Alfonso is going bonkers, blowing that annoying whistle of his.

Bill Alfonso: BIG… BAD… RHINO! I don’t know why you want to walk around huffing and puffing like you’re gonna’ blow our house down… Because you can’t handle the Van Terminator.

The animated mouth piece pauses, as Van Dam nods and smirks.

Bill Alfonso: The Van Terminator causes riots overseas, the Van Terminator causes earthquakes in California, and so can you imagine what it will do to a Rhino?

Alfonso nods and blows his whistle like crazy, whilst RVD takes over removing the smirk from his face and looking serious.

Rob Van Dam: Rhino… Credit where credits due, you’ve more than taken care of business since you won that ECW Television Championship…

RVD pauses as Alfonso screws up his face in the background.

Rob Van Dam: But before I got injured, I was the undefeated ECW Television Champion for TWO years. You never beat me to win the title, you’ve just been holdin’ it for me bro, and now, I want MY belt back.

The whistle blows again, as RVD dead pans the camera.

Rob Van Dam: It’s what I want, but more importantly than that, it’s what the fans want. I always give my fans what they want and that’s (thumb taunts) ROB… VAN… DAM… (more thumb taunts) THE WHOLE FUCKIN’ SHOW as the ECW Television Champion one more time!

Bill Alfonso: YEAH, DADDY!

Having sent a message right back to the raging Rhino, RVD and Alfonso leave the screen shot, the whistle still blowing as we head to commercials.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

The glorious commercials are over, as Joey Styles stands in the ring, a microphone in hand. The fans chant…

“JOEY, JOEY, JOEY”…

And Styles tries his best to suppress a grin.

Joey Styles: Ladies and gentleman, it’s my pleasure to introduce the lead singer and guitarist of hit band The Smashing Pumpkins, give it up for BILLY CORGAN!

The fans let out a polite bit of applause, as “1979” by The Smashing Pumpkins plays and Billy Corgan walks down the ramp. In his casual collared tee and jeans, and of course sporting his trusty guitar, Corgan slaps hands with some fans, before reaching the ring and shaking hands with the voice of ECW.

Joey Styles: It’s an absolute pleasure to have you here tonight, Billy. Now the word is that you actually requested to make an appearance on ECW, is that right?

Corgan shrugs almost embarrassedly and nods his head in agreement.

Billy Corgan: Well Joey, I’ve been a massive fan of wrestling for years, but in particular Extreme Championship Wrestling…

The musician/poet is cut off by a pop from the ECW faithful.

Billy Corgan: So I thought it would be an awesome experience to come and watch ECW live, but also get to head backstage and meet some of the guys. It really is a dream come true for me to be here tonight.

Polite applause from the fans, except for one guy who yells “FUCK OFF, CORGAN” just because he can. BC points at that guy and gives him a weird nod of approval.

Joey Styles: And before I let you head back, I heard a rumour that you might have a little treat for us tonight…

Corgan nods again, agreeing with the always correct Joey Styles.

Billy Corgan: I do. I wrote a little song about ECW that I’d like to perform for everybody…

Not an overly loud reaction from the fans if I’m being completely honest, but either way, Styles hops outside the ring giving Corgan centre stage.

BC begins playing his guitar to a nice tune…

Billy Corgan: WE’RE IN THE LAND OF THE EXTREEEEEEEEEEEME!!!

Thankfully Corgan doesn’t get any further into his song, as “The Old School Style” by Boner interrupts what was surely going to be an awful song. Billy looks a little confused, until Lou E. Dangerously steps through the curtain looking quite cocky. Dangerously points and laughs at Billy in the ring, as trailing him out are Steve Corino, Scotty Anton and Jack Victory. The Network members all hop into the ring and surround Corgan who seems pretty taken aback, clutching onto his guitar for dear life. Dangerously already has a microphone in hand, and begins being a loudmouth.

Lou E. Dangerously: Considering we have such an “esteemed” performer out here tonight, it’s my honour to announce that for one night only my job title is Network Music Consultant!

Lou E. lets out a shit eating grin, as his buddies nod along. Corgan doesn’t react but the fans do, booing the shit out of him.

Lou E. Dangerously: With the responsibility this important title gives me, I’m proud… better yet, I’m relieved to say this performance is over.

Corgan looks a little irritated but he can’t do shit because he’s surrounded. In all honesty, the fans don’t seem that shattered that the performance is over. They’re still pretty vocal though because they hate the prick with the microphone.

Lou E. Dangerously: Billy, I have absolutely no idea what it is that you’re doing here, but you’ve picked the wrong night to show up. Just in case you didn’t know, this is actually the same building where MY good friend ‘The King Of Old School’ Steve Corino punked out your fellow devil worshipping associate Fred Durst!

A slight pop as the fans remember the incident. Corino takes a step forward, points at himself and says “THAT’S RIGHT, I GOT ‘IM”! Corgan can’t do much but shuffle his feet uncomfortably.

Lou E. Dangerously: The funny thing is Billy is that I don’t necessarily mind Durst’s music, but your music, your music sucks. So tonight, I’m going to punk you out…

Dangerously is interrupted by the fans booing the shit out of him.

Lou E. Dangerously: And nobody is even going to care. Your band members aren’t going to care as everybody knows the Smashing Pumpkins are only one more crappy song away from breaking up. I don’t blame your band members either, who would want to be held down by a lead singer who couldn’t sell a record in America if his life depended on it!

That one got to him. The Network members laugh, as Corgan shows some anger after Lou’s completely over the top comments.

Lou E. Dangerously: On behalf of The Network Billy Corgan… YOU…SUCK!

Corgan trembles with anger as Lou E. laughs in his face.

The fans begin chanting for “JERRY LYNN, JERRY LYNN, JERRY LYNN”!

This irritates Corino, Anton and Victory, as they look around at the crowd, Corino especially vocal telling them to “SHUT UP”!

With the split second distraction of the trio…

As Dangerously laughs in Corgan’s face…

BILLY CORGAN SMASHES HIS FUCKING GUITAR RIGHT OVER THE HEAD OF LOU E. DANGEROUSLY!

The chants immediately fire up…

“ECDUBBYA

ECDUBBYA

ECDUBBYA”

Corino and co. turn around to see what the commotion is about and their eyes BUG out of their heads.

They begin advancing on Corgan, who backs into a corner…

However the fans begin cheering as JERRY LYNN AND TOMMY DREAMER SPRINT DOWN THE RAMP AND SLIDE INSIDE THE RING!

AS THE FACES SLIDE INTO THE RING, THE HEELS IMMEDIATELY SLIDE OUT!

Despite having the numbers advantage, The Network decides to take a moment to regain their composure, with Corino barking instructions to his charges.

Lynn walks up to the possibly dead Lou E… AND KICKS HIM UNDER THE BOTTOM ROPE AND TO THE OUTSIDE TO AN EPIC POP FROM THE FANS!

Meanwhile Dreamer has picked up Lou’s fallen microphone, and looks over menacingly at The Network…

Tommy Dreamer: How about you tough guys get your asses back into this ring… and we make this one a FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE match?

The ECW fans think that’s a brilliant idea, as does Corgan and Lynn… whilst Corino grabs a microphone to respond.

Steve Corino: You want this match to be a falls count anywhere match? (Surveying the audience) Is that what everybody wants?

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH from the fans, as Corino whispers to his two comrades.

Steve Corino: Well, NOOOOOOOOO!

A huge amount of heat, as Lynn and Dreamer shake their heads.

Steve Corino: This match will be under THE NETWORK’S RULES… NOT ECW’S RULES!

Corino and his buddies let out shit eating grins, gaining the loudest amount of heat for the night. Lynn and Dreamer both look at each other and roll their eyes, completely ignoring the now irrelevant Corgan.

Steve Corino: Now, THROW IT TO THAT ROLLERJAM COMMERCIAL, GABE!

Fuck, THE HEAT IS DEFEANING for that statement. Both teams drop their microphones and Corino and Anton prepare to step into the ring as we cut to our final commercial break of the evening.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Once we return from the final break of the evening, Corgan has gone to the back, Lou E. has been carried to the back… and the referee is calling for the bell.

Match Four
Winners Qualify for ECW Tag Team Championship Tournament

Jerry Lynn and Tommy Dreamer vs. Scotty Anton and Steve Corino w/Jack Victory

The bell rings and this match has a certain atmosphere about it, it’s ECW against The Network, and Styles and Gertner have been shilling the hell out of it all week. Dreamer and Corino look set to start things out, until Corino points at Lynn and yells “I WANNA’PIECE OF HIM”! Dreamer points to Lynn waiting for the fans to react and they certainly do… SO DREAMER TAGS IN JERRY LYNN… AND CORINO IMMEDIATELY GOES TO HIS CORNER AND TAGS IN SCOTTY ANTON!

The fans chant “YOU'RE A PUSSY” at Corino but he ignores them, as Lynn looks disgusted before quickly focusing on Anton. The two lock up and Anton immediately manoeuvres into a side headlock, which Victory and Corino obnoxiously applaud. Lynn is able to reverse into a hammer lock… until Anton reverses by grabbing one of Lynn’s legs and tripping him up. Lynn quickly kips up… AND ANTON SWINGS WILDY WITH A RIGHT HAND… LYNN DUCKS AND NAILS A GERMAN SUPLEX!

The fans mark out immediately as Corino jumps off of the apron, and drags Anton out of the ring. Victory comes over and slaps Anton a few times, as he shakes out the cobwebs. Corino then holds another team meeting where the three discuss things for what seems like an overly long time. Dreamer and Lynn can’t help but shake their heads, as the referee begs The Network to get somebody into the ring.

Anton tells the referee that he’s ready… and he hops onto the apron, only for Lynn to approach, and Anton jumps straight back down to the floor. Tommy Dreamer has had enough as he hops off of the apron, runs around the ring, and BEGINS THROWING HAYMAKERS AT EVERYBODY THAT MOVES! The fans love it although it looks like Corino and co. are starting to get the advantage, until LYNN COMES THROUGH THE MIDDLE ROPE WITH A SUICIDE DIVE, EVEN TAKING OUT HIS OWN TEAMMATE AND JACK VICTORY!

Lynn gets up to raucous applause from the extreme fans, and he quickly helps up Tommy Dreamer. The two unexpected partners nod at each other, before DREAMER GRABS A CRUTCH TO USE AS A WEAPON FROM A FAN… AND LYNN GRABS A KITCHEN SINK!

On commentary Joey Styles wonders who the hell brings a kitchen sink to the wrestling but it doesn’t matter as nonetheless it’s here. Lynn and Dreamer slide their weapons into the ring, before beating on Anton and Corino respectively on the outside. As the four men continue to brawl, Victory recovers and slides into the ring to confront the referee. Victory is furious, screaming at the referee, “GET THEM BACK INTO THE RING… THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A NETWORK RULES MATCH”! The referee holds his ground and is rather stern in response, “THIS ISN’T THE NETWORK’S WRESTLING, THIS IS ECW! SO THIS MATCH WILL BE COMPETED UNDER ECW RULES”!

The fans mark the fuck out for the balls of the referee; however it doesn’t do him any good, as Victory corners him in the ring. Jack looks ready to take out the referee, WHEN DREAMER BREAKS THE CRUTCH ACROSS HIS BACK! VICTORY ARCHES BACK IN PAIN ONLY TO GET SMASHED IN THE FACE WITH THE KITCHEN SINK BY JERRY LYNN!

The ECW mainstays check on the ref who confirms he’s okay, as the fans go ape shit with their “ECDUBBYA, ECDUBBYA, ECDUBBYA” chants. However the audience quickly deflates, as CORINO TARGETS LYNN AND ANTON TARGETS DREAMER… AND THEY SMASH THEIR RESPECTIVE TARGETS ACROSS THE BACK OF THE HEAD WITH STEEL CHAIRS!

The impact causes Dreamer to fly through the middle rope, whilst a helpless Lynn crumbles straight to the mat. ANTON GOES FOR THE PIN…1..2…LYNN GETS A SHOULDER UP!

Just like that though, the tide has changed and The Network is in firm control. Despite the match now being allowed to be Hardcore, Corino and Anton keep things pretty clean. They decide to keep Lynn down with wrestling holds, and slightly dirty tactics like raking the eyes, and illegal double teams. This frustrates the fans, especially considering Corino will still only enter the ring when Lynn has been beaten down. After a few minutes of Network domination, we pick up play with Corino in control of Lynn.

After receiving another near fall, Corino stalks his prey, waiting for Lynn to get up… and when he does… CORINO ATTEMPTS TO LOCK IN THE COBRA CLUTCH! HE HAS THE HOLD SYNCHED IN… AS LYNN FLAILS HIS ARMS WILDLY… BUT BEFORE HE CAN FADE… LYNN BACKTRACKS, RAMMING CORINO INTO THE CORNER… BUT THE REFEREE GETS SQUASHED AS WELL!

Despite the referee dropping, the tenacious Corino holds onto the Cobra Clutch… but a desperate Lynn manages to counter with a Jaw Breaker! Both men are down for a moment… before Corino gets to his feet… and brings up a battered Lynn. Jerry shows some heart, shrugging him off and nailing several right hands… before bouncing off the ropes getting some momentum… BUT HE RUNS STRAIGHT INTO AN OLD SCHOOL KICK FROM CORINO. STEVE IMMEDIATELY HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…3NO! LYNN JUST GETS A SHOULDER OFF THE CANVAS!

Corino can’t believe it as he tags in Anton, both Network members looking frustrated as hell. Once Anton is in the ring, he sends Lynn to the corner, before hammering away with brutal closed fist shots. With the referee still down, Anton calls for Jack Victory to get inside the ring. Victory does as he’s told… AND HE HAS THE TRUSTY COWBELL IN HIS HAND! Anton brings Lynn back up and holds him in position… AND VICTORY CHARGES WITH THE COWBELL…LYNN DUCKS… AND VICTORY SMASHES ANTON WITH THE COWBELL!

Lynn sees the opportunity to deck Victory with a quick right hand, before he makes the tag to Tommy Dreamer. Seeing that Anton still hasn’t moved, Corino meets Dreamer in the ring and the two begin trading right hands. They are hard and fast but being the fresher man, Dreamer overpowers Corino, before whipping him into the ropes and dropping him with a high impact Clothesline. A spent Corino gets up and backs into the corner, allowing Dreamer to just tee off with right hands… before he gets clobbered from behind by Anton.

As Lynn still recovers on his haunches outside the ring, the numbers game catches up to Dreamer on the inside. The two hammer away at Dreamer, BEFORE LOOKING TO LAND A DOULBE SUPLEX… BUT LYNN SPEARS CORINO HALF WAY THROUGH THE MOVE! As they roll around on the mat, tearing each other apart, Dreamer kicks his legs and lands back on his feet, Anton unable to complete the Suplex. Dreamer shrugs off Anton, kicks him in the gut… AND DROPS HIM WITH THE PILEDRIVER!

Meanwhile, Lynn and Corino are still going hand for hand on the ring apron, until Lynn lands a few knees in the midsection winding Corino. Lynn frantically waves his arms, almost signalling for people to get out of his way… AS LYNN COMES OFF THE RING APRON WITH A TORNADO DDT TO CORINO RIGHT THROUGH THE FUCKING TIME KEEPER’S TABLE!

Both men remain unmoving on the outside of the ring, as the oh so terrific “ECDUBBYA, ECDUBBYA, ECDUBBYA’ chants can be heard one more time tonight. Meanwhile, Dreamer is outside the ring on the opposite side, finding a SINGAPORE CANE to inflict more punishment on Anton with. After all, what else can he do with the referee still down asks Joey Styles.

Dreamer gets back into the ring with the Cane, but before he can use it… VICTORY GETS UP ONTO THE APRON! DREAMER CHARGES AT VICTORY, SWINING THE SINGAPORE CANE… BUT VICTORY JUMPS OFF THE APRON! Dreamer then turns back around… AND ANTON GOES FOR A DOUBLE LEGGED TAKE DOWN… BEFORE LOCKING IN THE CLAPPER!

Victory is back on the ring apron, taunting a pained Dreamer whilst looking him in the eye. The resilient Dreamer won’t tap even with the referee dead, and despite the amount of pressure Anton is applying…

All of a sudden though… the fans begins to perk up…

AND JACK VICTORY FALLS OFF THE APRON… AFTER BEING LOW BLOWED BY BILLY CORGAN WHO’S WEARING A REFEREE SHIRT!

As this was in process, Anton had let go of The Clapper and was yelling at Corgan from inside the ring. Corgan looks at Anton, mouthing “you want some of me?”, and Anton yells, “GET CHA’ SKINNY ASS IN HERE”! Corgan slowly walks up the ring steps having Anton’s full attention… as a decimated Lynn slides a steel chair into the ring… and Dreamer gets back up. Corgan tells Anton to turn around, and when he does he gets a kick to the gut, AND THEN DREAMER DROPS HIM WITH A DDT ON THE CHAIR. DREAMER MAKES THE COVER… AND CORGAN SLIDES INTO THE RING TO MAKE THE COUNT…1…2…3!

Winners – Jerry Lynn and Tommy Dreamer @ 12:36

Dreamer is relieved as the fans pop MASSIVELY for the defeat of The Network tonight…

Lynn makes his way back into the ring, still clutching his back… and he and Dreamer share a handshake.

Corgan gets in between them, and raises both man hands in the air, ECW victorious over The Network.

We get a shot of Anton out on the floor barely moving, and the same with Corino.

Styles and Gertner put over how big this victory is in regards to the tag title tournament…

Meanwhile, Corgan, Dreamer and Lynn are now enjoying themselves, orchestrating the fans to chant…

“FUCK THE NETWORK, ECDUBBYA”

The chants continue as the three men continue to celebrate, a genuine feel good way to end the show.

-END OF SHOW-

Reactions: RDT and Roy Mustang

Stojy

Reaction score
ECW Hardcore TV Preview
29-07-2000

Over the past two weeks many have been questioning the credibility of the ECW Champion Justin Credible. Last week at ECW on TNN he defended his title against Yoshiro Tajiri, and he was a whisker away from losing the title until The FBI interfered. The next night on Hardcore TV Credible defended the title against Pierre Carl Oulette, and again looked set to lose the title, until timely interference from Francine allowed Credible to steal the win. After having the night of at ECW on TNN last night, the champion is back in action tonight, once again defending his title this time against Kid Kash. Kash has been on a tremendous winning streak as of late and gaining the ECW Championship would be the highlight of his career. Whether it happens or not one thing’s for sure, Justin Credible is going to have his hands full again.

The ECW Champion seemingly isn’t the only one under pressure, as the ECW Television Champion Rhino seemed to be feeling the pressure last night at ECW on TNN. The champion successfully defended his title in what could be described as the slaughter of Chilly Willy. After the match though, as Rhino looked set to inflict more damage, The Sandman came to Willy’s rescue and sent Rhino crashing through a table. Later in the night Rhino let it be known that he’s ready for The Sandman if he wants to go again, and he also said he isn’t worried about a challenge from the former ECW Television Champion Rob Van Dam. RVD and Bill Alfonso were quick to remind everybody that Van Dam never lost the gold, but he had to forfeit it due to injury. Van Dam went as far as to say that he will take his title back. Much like Kid Kash, RVD has been on a winning streak lately and to challenge Rhino he will need that to continue when he battles Roadkill tonight.

Revenge is also on the agenda tonight for one Yoshihiro Tajiri. Last week at ECW on TNN, interference from The FBI cost him the chance at the ECW Championship. Then last night at ECW on TNN, Tajiri was supposed to do battle with Psicosis, only for The FBI to attack him on his way to the ring, culminating with Sal E. Graziano Splashing Tajiri against the guardrail. With possible cracked ribs, Tajiri was unable to compete and the leader of The FBI, Little Guido took his spot in the match. Psicosis looked set to pick up the victory, until The FBI interfered yet again, however this time Tajiri returned with his ribs taped up. Tajiri beat down all three members of The FBI with the referee distracted, and this enabled Psicosis to pick up the victory. After the embarrassing defeat last night, revenge is now also on the agenda for The FBI tonight when Tajiri goes one on one with Tony Mamaluke.

Last night at ECW on TNN, Jerry Lynn and Tommy Dreamer defeated Scotty Anton and Steve Corino to qualify for the ECW Tag Team Championship tournament in an epic match. Tonight on Hardcore TV, three other teams will be announced for the tournament brackets.

Tune in to see all this and much more on tonight’s edition of ECW Hardcore TV!

Confirmed Matches:
ECW Champion Justin Credible w/Francine defends against Kid Kash
Roadkill vs. Rob Van Dam w/Bill Alfonso
Tony Mamaluke w/The FBI vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri​

White Rhyno

Reaction score
ECW on TNN
28 -07-2000
Peoria, Illinois

The Chilly Willy/Rhino clothesline spot where Rhinoi fakes the free shot is just good detail writing. Little spots like that were what made ECW fun; leading fans one way and then turning expectations. It wasn't the best part of your show, but it did impress me with your ability to create realistic and subtle moments.

Buidling up to a Sandman, Rhino and RVD three way is very ECW. 3 Way Dances were there thing and all 3 men bring something different to the table to make the match interesting.

Lynn and Dreamer getting the big win over Corino and Anton wasn't surprising, but Billy Corigan getting involved in ECW would have been game changing. Seriously, he was much more of a celebrity at the time. Mainstream media may have even noticed it.
Any time the Authority and Network get their's is a good thing.

As always, you never let me down Stojy. Keep up the good work.

Stojy

Reaction score
Appreciate it, Rhyno. Glad you're enjoying the trip down memory lane.

ECW Hardcore TV
July 29th, 2000
Peoria, Illinois

This week on Hardcore TV, we get something more like a traditional opening as “This Is Extreme” by Harry Slash and The Slashtones gets the familiar ECW audience on their feet, and ready for another night of extreme. Joey Styles welcomes us all to the show and runs down the card, before “No Sleep Till Brooklyn” by The Beastie Boys hits, signaling the first match of the night isn’t far away. There’s a nice amount of heat from the crowd as Tony Mamaluke steps through the corner, looking extremely confident despite The FBI not being by his side. Styles puts over the fact that the powers that be barred The FBI from ringside, as Mamaluke has never actually been made an “official” member of the group. Mamaluke cracks his knuckles once in the ring, doing his best Mafioso impression when “Smack My Bitch Up” by The Prodigy hits, and Yoshihiro Tajiri walks straight to the ring, a menacingly look on his face, completely ignoring the loudest ovation of his career (He’s getting more popular by the appearance due to my awesome booking).

Match One

Tony Mamaluke vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri

The announcers are quick to put over the fact that Mamaluke doesn’t look all that stressed about being on his lonesome tonight, and as soon as Tajiri steps through the ropes, Mamaluke is on the attack. The hopeful future FBI member does have the strength advantage in this one, and he uses it to his advantage early, keeping ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ grounded. After a minute of grounding his much-hated opponent, MAMALUKE LOOKS TO LOCK IN THE ITALIAN SLEEPER… BUT TAJIRI IS FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO KICK MAMALUKE IN THE HEAD MULTIPLE TIMES TO BREAK FREE!

With Mamaluke dazed, Tajiri looks even more pissed off than before the match after the early ambush. Mamaluke rakes the eyes a few times but he’s fighting an uphill battle as Tajiri punishes him with a variety of hard-hitting kicks. Tajiri brings his opponent back up and whips him into the ropes, but Mamaluke reverses sending Tajiri into the ropes… Upon return, TAJIRI LANDS A HANDSPRING BACK ELBOW!

Mamaluke is spaghetti legged but manages to remain on his feet with the aid of the ropes. Tajiri walks up to his opponent who swings wildly with a right hand… TAJIRI DUCKS AND LOCKS IN THE TIRANTULA, TORTURING THE BODY OF TONY!

Whilst the referee admonishes the Japanese wrestler, Tajiri just seems to be enjoying himself, as he waits for Mamaluke to struggle to his feet. Once up, TAJIRI LANDS THE BUZZSAW KICK, BEFORE MAKING THE COVER…1…2…3NO! TAJIRI PURPOSELY LIFTS MAMALUKE OFF OF THE CANVAS!

The blood thirsty fans love it, as Tajiri brings him back up… AND LOOKFS FOR THE BRAINBUSTER… BUT MAMALUKE MANAGES TO LAND BEHIND TAJIRI. HE TURNS HIM AROUND… KICKS HIM IN THE GUT… AND GOES FOR A POWERBOMB… BUT TAJIRI REVERSES INTO A FLIP OVER DDT!

Everybody marks the fuck out for ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’s clever counter wrestling. Tajiri then gets back up… AND TAKES TONY’S HEAD OFF WITH A BASEMENT DROPKICK. TAJIRI WITH THE LATERAL PRESS…1…2…3!

Winner – Tajiri @ 05:02

The bell rings and a relatively unscathed Tajiri gets his hand raised by the referee. There’s no joyous celebration from him tonight though, as he’s out for blood on the other members of The FBI as well.

However before he can ponder what’s next, he gets flipped around, kick to the gut… KISS OF DEATH!

Little Guido leaves Tajiri laying, as the fans boo the hell out of yet another cowardly attack from the little Italian.

Guido stands over Tajiri, yelling “YA’ DON’T MESS WITH THA’ FBI” as we head to commercials.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

When we return we see the smiling Stephen Prazak standing by the ECW Interview, erm, set.

Stephen Prazak: Ladies and gentleman, my guest at this time is the man who will challenge Justin Credible for the ECW Championship tonight, Kid Kash!

Kid Kash enters the scene already in his wrestling gear, looking ready to go.

Stephen Prazak: It seems men are lining up by the dozen to get a shot at Justin Credible and the ECW Title, what’s going to make you successful when so many others have failed?

Kash nods at the question, prepared to answer.

Kid Kash: I’m not goin’ to say I’m better than everybody else in ECW, it ain’t my style. The one reason why I’m gonna’ pull out the biggest win of my career tonight is ‘coz of hard work. It might sound a little cliché but hard work really does pay off.

Kash pauses and Stephen seems to agree.

Kid Kash: From a trailer park in Virginia, to the ECW Championship, tonight my journey …

Kash stops speaking as tension comes across his face…

The camera pans out to reveal Team Me, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger in casual gear, looking down at Kash arrogantly.

Simon Diamond: Ahem… SIMON… HAS A PROBLEM~!

KK rolls his eyes, muttering off the microphone “so what”?

Simon Diamond: How did you “earn” yourself a title shot? Who the hell have you beaten that means anything? You haven’t beaten anybody of any real importance.

Swinger nods along with Diamond, but Kash chuckles to himself.

Kid Kash: I beat you two punks at Heatwave!

Simon Diamond: NO…NO…NO!

Diamond looks ready to burst with anger, however despite the numbers disadvantage Kash shows no signs of backing down.

Simon Diamond: You beat Johnny Swinger, you never beat me.

Swinger looks offended, but Diamond completely ignores his partner’s reaction. The number one contender to the ECW title can’t help but laugh at these two.

Simon Diamond: Besides, you don’t look like a winner right now…

KK looks confused as Team Me signal for him to turn around…

Kash turns around… ONLY TO GET STEAMROLLED WITH A CLOTHESLINE BY CW ANDERSON!

Prazak gets pushed out of the way…and Team Me join in the assault, stomping all over Kid Kash.

The tag team continue the assault now, as Diamond holds Kash and Swinger nails him with right hands to the skull.

Anderson disappears off screen shot for a moment… BUT COMES BACK WITH A WOODEN TABLE!

CW sets up the table and Team Me bring the defenseless Kash to his feet…

Diamond and Swinger whip Kash towards Anderson…

And CW Anderson USES THE MOMENTUM TO SPINEBUSTER KID KASH RIGHT THROUGH THE TABLE!

Anderson cockily dusts himself off, before he and Diamond share a high five.

Simon Diamond: That’s how you solve a problem!

CW Anderson: NAH!

Team Me look a little confused at Anderson disagreeing with them.

CW Anderson: THAT’S HOW AN ANDERSON SOLVES A PROBLEM!

Anderson lets out a twisted grin, and Team Me love it as they take one last look at the decimated Kid Kash before walking away…

We now see Joey Styles standing by, ready to delight us with another shill job.

Joey Styles: Ladies and gentleman, we are now less than one month away from the tag team tournament for the ECW Tag Team Championships at the infamous Hammerstein Ballroom. Last night we saw Jerry Lynn and Tommy Dreamer defeat Scotty Anton and Steve Corino to receive the honor of being the inaugural team announced in the tournament. It’s my pleasure to announce THREE more teams that will be competing in the tournament and they are: Da Baldies, the duo who impressed in their debut Christian York and Joey Matthews and the despicable tandem who may have just ruined tonight’s main event with the help of CW Anderson, Team Me! At this stage I haven't been given any word on what the brackets will look like, except that it will end with ECW’s traditional three-way dance match. One thing I can say for sure is that this tournament may be the BIGGEST tournament in all of wrestling history!

Styles has finished up his shill job for now, as “Super Bon Bon” by Soul Coughing plays throughout the arena, bringing out the brute Roadkill to a solid ovation from the fans. Roadkill slaps hands with fans but realistically his reaction isn’t as loud as what it may have been if his opponent was somebody different. As Roadkill waits inside the ring, “Walk” by Kilgore gets the LOUDEST ovation of the night as Rob Van Dam steps out with the whistle blowing Bill Alfonso. Van Dam plays to the crowd a little, before getting his game face on, realizing Roadkill is quite a large challenge.

Match Two

Roadkill vs. Rob Van Dam w/Bill Alfonso

The “RVD, RVD, RVD” chants echo throughout the arena immediately as the two men lock up. The two jostle for position however Roadkill is far too strong in sending Van Dam to the corner. The referee asks for a clean break, but Roadkill doesn’t heed the advice, hammering away with right hands. Roadkill beats RVD to the ground, establishing early that he will be playing the role of the heel in this match. Well, he didn’t really have a choice.

Roadkill brings Van Dam back to his feet by his hair, however RVD shrugs him off, and peppers Roadkill with some forearm shots. Van Dam then goes for a kick… BUT ROADKILL GRABS HIS LEG… ONLY FOR RVD TO HALF ATTEMPT AN ENZIGURI… AND COME BACK WITH A SPINNING MULE KICK!

The whistle of Alfonso goes crazy, as RVD heads to the top rope as Roady begins to stir. Once he is up, RVD COMES OFF THE TOP WITH A DIVING THRUST KICK… ROADKILL SIDE STEPS IT… RVD LANDS ON HIS FEET BUT TURNS INTO A SIDEWALK SLAM! Roadkill with the Lateral Press…1…2, Van Dam kicks out.

Being the much larger man, Roadkill uses his size to his advantage, keeping Van Dam grounded with big strong power moves. Roadkill even dominates certain portions of the matchup; however, he is just unable to put ‘The Whole Fuckin’ Show’ away. Roadkill keeps the match pretty clean and unlike ECW until he only receives a near fall after the AMISH BOMB! Roadkill brings a steel chair into the ring and waits for RVD to get up… BEFORE HE SWINGS FOR THE HILLS… BUT VAN AVOIDS THE SHOT…VAN DAMINATOR! Both men remain down for a moment or two, before RVD makes the pin…1…2…3!NO! ROADY JUST GETS A SHOULDER UP!

RVD beats on Roady a little more, before ATTEMPTING A SPLIT LEGGED MOONSAULT… BUT ROADKILL SOMEHOW ROLLS OUT OF THE WAY! Still feeling extremely dazed, Roadkill picks up the steel chair… and throws it away from the ring much to the annoyance of the extreme fans. A slight “PUSSY, PUSSY, PUSSY” chant starts up, although Styles puts him over as having done his research, and he knows he can’t let Van Dam near a chair.

Roadkill then lets RVD get to his feet, before THROWING RVD ON HIS SHOULDERS FOR THE BARN BURNER… BUT RVD GRABS ONTO THE TOP ROPE, REFUSING TO BE DROPPED. ROADKILL THROWS RVD OFF HIS SHOULDERS… BUT RVD LANDS ON HIS FEET ON THE RING APRON!

Roadkill charges at him but RVD lands a shoulder to the mid-section through the middle rope. He does this one more time, causing Roadkill to hunch over… AND HE LOOKS FOR ONE MORE SHOULDER… BUT ROADKILL KICKS HIM RIGHT IN THE HEAD!

The audience gasp at the impact as Van Dam crumbles to the floor on the outside. Roadkill is still feeling the effects of the steel chair to the skull earlier, as he shakes out the cobwebs. Roadkill then heads outside the ring and slowly brings Van Dam up… But RVD defiantly pushes Roadkill away. Roadkill is a little weary this time… AS RVD PICKS UP THE STEEL CHAIR ON THE FLOOR FROM EARLIER AND THROWS IT AT ROADKILL… WHO INSTINCTIVELY CATHES IT… SECOND VAN DAMINATOR OF THE MATCH!

“ECDUBBYA, ECDUBBYA, ECDUBBYA” chants break out for the crowd favorite, as RVD literally takes a whole minute to pick up the dead weight of Roadkill and roll him into the ring. Roadkill lies on his stomach, completely out of it… AS RVD HEADS TO THE TOP ROPE… FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH RIGHT ACROSS THE BACK!

RVD sells the impact on his mid-section for a moment or two, before struggling to roll over Roadkill and hooking the leg…1…2…3!

Winner – Rob Van Dam @ 09:42

Alfonso rolls into the ring and raises Van Dam’s hand in victory, much to the delight of the ECW fans.

RVD takes a moment to soak in the adulation of the crowd, before he looks down at Roadkill and nods his head in a sign of respect.

Van Dam doesn’t even celebrate straight away, instead signaling he wants gold around the waist which leads Joey Styles to hype the war of words brewing between ECW Television Champion Rhino and the former champion.

RVD then celebrates with the fans, thumb taunts and all… so the last image we get before commercials is of the thumb pointing “ROB VAN DAM”!

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Everybody’s favorite announcer Joey Styles greets us in the ring with a somber look on his face.

Joey Styles: Welcome back to Hardcore TV, folks. Unfortunately, I have some bad news regarding tonight’s main event…

Styles pauses for effect, as the fans wonder what’s going on.

Joey Styles: As you all know, we were scheduled to see Justin Credible defend his ECW Championship against Kid Kash!

BIG POP from the fans, however Styles shakes his head, looking rather depressed.

Joey Styles: However I regret to inform everybody that due to the disgusting, COWARDLY attack from Team Me and CW Anderson, Kid Kash is unable to compete tonight.

Styles drops his head in shame, as the fans RAISE THE ROOF with heat from the announcement.

Joey Styles: ECW Management have found a suitable replacement at the last minute, so in tonight’s main event Justin Credible will defend the ECW Championship against a guy who wasn’t even supposed to wrestle tonight…

“RHINO” – Some drunk fan…

Joey Styles: DANNY DORING!

No disrespect to Doring, but he’s no Kid Kash. The fans cheer for a moment for DD… Before a…

“WE WANT KASH, WE WANT KASH, WE WANT KASH”!

Chant comes from the fans in attendance.

Joey Styles: ECW Management stands by its decision to reward Kid Kash with an ECW title shot… So hopefully he gets better soon, and when Kash is at one hundred percent, ECW WILL grant him a shot at the title!

The fans still aren’t happy as they boo for the sake of it, as Styles drops the microphone and heads to the back, nodding his head and understanding where the fans are coming from.

As Joey Styles is still walking to the back, we see a video package showing highlights of Billy Corgan from The Smashing Pumpkins at ECW on TNN last night. We initially see Joey Styles conducting a cordial interview with Corgan, until they were interrupted by Lou E. Dangerously, Steve Corino, Scotty Anton and Jack Victory of The Network. With his back up, Lou E. insulted Corgan, basically calling his entire music career a failure. Lou E. ends with a big “YOU SUCK” only for Corgan to break the guitar over the head of Lou E. Before The Network could do any damage, Jerry Lynn and Tommy Dreamer made the save, beginning the main event pitting those two against Corino and Anton. The Network began to get the advantage late in the match, using their numbers advantage once there was a ref bump. All of a sudden though, Billy Corgan comes back to ringside and low blows Victory. This distracts Scotty Anton long enough for Dreamer to finish him off with a DDT on a steel chair.

Once the video of ECW on TNN finishes up, we head to the back now, where Joey Styles is waiting for some more on-screen time. This time he looks a lot more enthusiastic and upbeat as opposed to his lethargic ways when announcing the changes of tonight’s main event.

Joey Styles: Ladies and gentlemen, it has just been brought to my attention that after the ending to last night’s main event Scotty Anton wants revenge against Tommy Dreamer. He’ll get a chance to inflict some pain on Dreamer as the two will be meeting in the ring one on one next week at ECW on TNN. In other amazing news, The Network’s ‘King Of Old School’ Steve Corino will do battle with Balls Mahoney and his nemesis as of late Jerry Lynn in ECW’s signature THREE WAY DANCE match. All of this and more next week at ECW on TNN, make sure to tune in, folks.

We then head to another area backstage, where the ECW Champion Justin Credible and his lovely girlfriend Francine are walking through the backstage. They are on their way out to the ring, Credible taking a few deep breaths with his game face on, until…

Stephen Prazak runs from behind and taps him on the shoulder!

Credible turn around and instinctively GRABS PRAZAK BY THE COLLAR…

He then realizes who it is and let’s go, as Prazak recovers from shitting his pants.

Justin Credible: You shouldn’t sneak up on people like that…

Stephen Prazak: … S-…Sorry.

Credible shakes his head, clearly annoyed, but Francine finds Prazak’s heavy breathing amusing.

Stephen Prazak: There’s just a rumor floating around the industry at the moment that I need to clarify with you…

Justin Credible: Spit it out…

The champion waves his hands as if to say hurry up.

Stephen Prazak: Well, tonight Kid Kash was laid out by Team ME and CW Anderson and last week you had a title defense against Yoshihiro Tajiri when he was attacked by The FBI. Your challengers in title matches seem to be getting attacked a lot lately, and I have to be honest, it looks a little… suspicious.

Francine and Credible’s eyes bulge, shaking their heads, not believing what they are being accused off.

Justin Credible: I’m gonna’ say this one time and one time only, I have had NOTHING to do with any of those… Unfortunate incidents.

Credible looks at Francine and scoffs at the idea, as she lets out this terrible shrill laugh.

Justin Credible: People have issues to settle, that’s not my problem. All I know is that I’m defending my ECW Championship almost EVERY SINGLE NIGHT to prove that I’m the best. Ya’ don’t believe me? FINE! Just watch me beat Danny Doring tonight… it’ll be just… incredible!

Prazak seems to have been put in his place, as he’s left standing their alone whilst Credible and Francine continue towards the entrance way. Whilst they make their way through the halls, we cut to our final commercial break.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

The final commercial break is done and dusted, as “Super Bon Bon” by Soul Coughing plays, bringing out Danny Doring. The crowd’s reaction is pretty lukewarm as they still want Kid Kash, but Doring walks down the ramp with a purpose. Styles puts over the fact that Doring wasn’t supposed to be wrestling tonight, hence why he’s still in his jeans. The fans get a hell of a lot more negative when “Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck” by Grinspoon rocks through the arena and the determined, frustrated ECW Champion Justin Credible makes his way to ringside, accompanied as always by Francine. There’s no overly confident hot dogging tonight though, as Credible clearly wants to prove all the doubters wrong, begging the referee to ring the bell.

Match Three
ECW Championship Match

Justin Credible w/Francine defends against Danny Doring

The referee asks for the bell to be rung and it is, allowing both men to begin circling each other. All of a sudden… FRANCINE JUMPS ONTO THE APRON… WHICH DISTRACTS DORING… ALOWING CREDIBLE TO CLOBBER HIM FROM BEHIND!

The cheapest of cheap ways to gain an advantage used by Credible here, but he’s fine with that, as he continues to hammer away on Doring with right hands. Doring backs into the corner where the intense champion continues to nail hard rights, beating Doring into a seated position. Justin is like a man possessed as he then begins stomping all over Doring, before wrapping a hand around his throat and attempting to choke the life out of him.

Even the loud ECW crowd seem a little taken aback by the start from Credible, as he finally takes a moment to intimidate the referee who keeps trying to get him off of Doring. The challenge is conveniently dressed for a street fight though, and is back up, before he gives Credible a Double Legged Takedown and begins brutally assaulting him with lefts and rights. All Credible can do is cover up, as Doring pays him back for the barrage of punches he received in the opening sequence.

Credible is finally able to roll Doring off of him, and the fired up Doring tries to get the crowd pumped up. They respond with a “WE WANT KASH, WE WANT KASH, WE WANT KASH” chant and Doring does his best Cena impression, pretending like it doesn’t bother him. Once Credible is back up, Doring goes to land more haymakers, but Credible pokes him in the eye. With Doring temporarily blinded Credible smacks him with some more stiff right hands, before sending him into the corner… CREDIBLE FOLLOWS IN… CORNER CLOTHESLINE BUT NOBODIES HOME! CREDIBLE IS NOW IN THE CORNER… AND DORING LANDS A RUNNING ELBOW SMASH! Credible staggers out of the corner, straight into A SNAP DDT! DORING HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…NO! Credible manages to shoot a shoulder off of the canvas.

Doring has a quick glance at the referee before he gets back to business, stomping on Credible a few times before bringing him back to his feet. The challenger brings Doring straight back down with a Neckbreaker, before he heads to the top rope. Doring is just about ready to leap off of the top… WHEN FRANCINE BEGINS YELLING AT HIM, MOMENTARILY DISTRACTING HIM! Doring tells her to “GO TO HELL” before focusing back on Credible… AND LEAPING OFF WITH A LEG DROP FROM THE TOP ROPE… BUT CREDIBLE ROLLS OUT OF THE WAY!

The luckiest number one contender in ECW history crashes and burns this time, much to the delight of the gold hungry Francine. Credible struggles his way back to his feet, before he heads to the top rope himself. He takes a moment to mouth to the crowd, telling them to “WATCH THIS” as Styles mentions that now he’s feeling confident it’s the same old Justin Credible. The champion doesn’t care though… AS HE LEAPS OFF THE TOP ROPE AND CONNECTS WITH AN ELBOW DROP! CREDIBLE THEN HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…DORING JUST SHOOTS A SHOULDER UP!

Despite Doring’s initial onslaught and his vicious right hands that he continues to swing throughout, Credible has an extended period of domination now. No matter what Doring tries, it seems the champion is just a little bit better and that is the story of the match. Realizing he may not get another opportunity at the ECW Championship, Doring shows impressive resiliency, refusing to stay down for the count of three.

It’s now time for Credible to attempt to finish Doring, as he has instructed Francine to slide in his trusted SINGAPORE CANE! With Doring already battered and beaten, CREDIBLE USES THE CANE TO AID HIM WITH A RUSSIAN LEG SWEEP… BUT DORING SPINS BEHIND AND GERMAN SUPLEXES CREDIBLE… SENDING HIM FLYING OVER THE TOP ROPE… WITH THE SINGAPORE CANE STILL IN HIS HAND!

“EC DUBBYA, EC DUBBYA, ECDUBBYA” chants begin echoing around the arena, as Doring raises his hands above his head, happy to have the fans onside. Doring takes a moment or two to regain his composure, before heading outside the ring, where remarkably Credible is already using the ring apron to get back up. His resiliency is impressive, but his balance isn’t after Doring picks up the SINGAPORE CANE AND BREAKS IT ACROSS CREDIBLE’S HEAD!

Credible crumbles to the floor, as Doring is forced to pick out a couple of splinters. Ouch, that’s hardcore! Once the splinters are out, Doring notices that Credible is barely moving, but he wants to put on the finishing touches. Doring climbs onto the ring apron… BEFORE DIVING OFF… AND THIS TIME HE LANDS A LEG DROP ACROSS THE CHEST OF CREDIBLE!

Both remain down on the floor as the fans give a round of applause, appreciating some of the spots both men are performing, and it’s all for the prestige of the ECW title says Joey Styles. Doring is able get to his feet, albeit with a slight limp after that Leg Drop onto the cold, hard concrete floor. Doring brings Credible to his feet, however it takes a while as the ECW Champion is dead weight by this point. Double D looks to follow the champ in… BUT FRANCINE GRABS HIS LEG AND PULLS HIM BACK OUT OF THE RING!

Doring can’t believe it, as Francine puts a hand on Doring’s chest, seductively licker lips. Doring looks at the crowd with raised eyebrows… BEFORE LAYING A SMOOCH ON FRANCINE AND THEN SLIDING BACK INTO THE RING… HOWEVER HE SLIDES STRAIGHT INTO A SUPERKICK!

CREDIBLE FALLS ON DORING FOR THE COVER…1…2…3….NO!

DORING JUST MANAGES TO ROLL A SHOULDER OFF OF THE CANVAS!

Credible can’t believe that Doring kicked out, and neither can the disgusted Francine on the outside. As Francine continues to wipe her mouth clean, the ECW Champion puts Doring between his legs, possibly preparing for the THAT’S INCREDIBLE… BUT DORING FIGHTS FREE… AND DROPS CREDIBLE WITH THE WHAM, BAM, THANK YOU MA’AM! Both men remain down for quite a few seconds, before DORING DRAPES AN ARM OVER CREDIBLE’S CHEST…1…2…3…NO!

THIS TIME CREDIBLE JUST GETS A SHOULDER UP!

This time it’s Doring to rue what might have been, before he promptly prepares his next attack. Doring slowly looks to bring Credible to a vertical base… WHEN A PANICKED FRANCINE JUMPS ONTO THE APRON AGAIN! THE REFEREE RUNS TO HER TELLING HER TO GET OFF, WHILST DORING LOOKS AT HER FOR JUST A MOMENT… AND CREDIBLE STRIKES WITH A LOW BLOW! HE THEN BOUNCES TO HIS FEET… AND TAKES HIS OPPONENT DOWN WITH THE THAT’S INCREDIBLE.

THE CHAMPION HOOKS BOTH LEGS…1…2...3!

Winner – Justin Credible retains the ECW Championship @ 10:17

For what seems like the umpteenth time in this thread already, Justin Credible has retained the ECW Title, but he damn sure doesn’t look like a champion.

We get a passing shot of an unmoved Danny Doring, who may have just lost the chance of a lifetime.

Meanwhile, Francine scurries into the ring with the title, and hands it to a dazed Credible. The champion raises the title above his head, using Francine to stay standing, as the fans let out a chant we’ve heard a few times already tonight…

“WE WANT KASH, WE WANT KASH, WE WANT KASH”!

The chants continue as the happy couple celebrate their victory, and the show fades to black.

-END OF SHOW-

Stojy

Reaction score
ECW on TNN Preview
04-08-2000

For a long time now the land of extreme has been a place where wrestlers leave it all in the ring, sacrificing their bodies and their livelihoods, and in return they receive the adulation of the most diehard fans in the industry. This mutual respect between wrestlers and fans towards has led to guys like Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman and Rob Van Dam blowing off big money offers from other companies to stay with ECW. Extreme Championship Wrestling is a company that these wrestlers feel honored to represent. However, there is one group of people who don’t feel the same way about ECW and that are The Network. Representing TNN and being instructed by Cyrus, The Network despise ECW and look forward to watching the company crumble when they don’t renew their television contract in one month’s time. The Network is repulsed by ECW, and this has led to some loyal ECW wrestlers wanting to defend where they ply their craft. Tommy Dreamer and Jerry Lynn are two who have really stepped up to the plate, and this culminated in a tag team match last week on TNN which saw Dreamer and Lynn defeat Steve Corino and Scotty Anton from The Network. Whilst last week’s victory also earned Dreamer and Lynn a spot in the ECW Tag Team Championship Tournament for later this month, tonight nothing but pride is on the line. The man who was pinned by Dreamer last week in Scotty Anton has been vocal in the fact he doesn’t believe it would have happened if it wasn’t for the interference of Billy Corgan from The Smashing Pumpkins. To prove his point Anton has challenged Dreamer to a one-on-one match tonight, and Tommy has accepted.

Two other man right in the middle of the heated Network/ECW battle are ‘The King Of Old School’ Steve Corino and Jerry Lynn. Two weeks ago, on TNN, Corino made it clear that he despises Lynn because The Network gave him a chance to join them, but by declining he “spat in our faces”. This had made Lynn enemy number one on The Network’s hit list, which lead to The Network placing a ten-thousand-dollar bounty on the head of Lynn. At this stage nobody has been able to cash it in, but as far as we know the bounty still stands. Corino may cash in the bounty himself as tonight in a Three-Way Dance match; Corino will be facing both Jerry Lynn and Balls Mahoney. It’s clear that Corino and Lynn don’t get along, but Mahoney is certainly the wild card in this match. Being an ECW mainstay is Balls looking to defend the company that he loves? Or has the ten-thousand-dollar bounty persuaded Balls to be a gun for hire for The Network? We will find out the answer to all these questions tonight.

In other action the leader of The FBI, Little Guido will look to put the trio’s troubles behind them tonight when he goes one on one with Mikey Whipwreck. Two weeks back now The FBI cost Yoshihiro Tajiri his chance at becoming the ECW Champion. Since then, they have continued to unleash attack after attack, with the Italians not being happy that Tajiri eliminated Little Guido at Heatwave. ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ has admirably fought back despite the numbers disadvantage, costing Guido a match last week against Psicosis, and then defeating Tony Mamaluke on Hardcore TV last week. After the match, Little Guido attacked Tajiri from behind and dropped him with The Kiss Of Death. Tajiri will be in the building tonight so one has to wonder whether Guido will be able to concentrate on Whipwreck or will Tajiri be out for revenge yet again.

Tune in to see all of this and plenty more at ECW on TNN!

Confirmed Matches:
Scotty Anton vs. Tommy Dreamer
Three Way Dance:
Balls Mahoney vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Steve Corino w/Jack Victory
Little Guido w/The FBI vs. Mikey Whipwreck w/The Sinister Minister​

Reactions: Deco90 and RDT