EVOLVE Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Word is Chris Hero will be on the next show.

Show looks alright. Probably not worth 20$, but maybe if they offer a discount dvd price for the first show.

Qwake

Sheduled for next show there will be a 4-Way elimination tag match, Chuck Taylor Vs Ricochet, Richards Vs O'Reilly and Hero, Jacobs and TJP are scheduled with others to come too. Well that's what was on their site. Some good matches already made, hopefully more to come. No Main Event as of yet.

Klide

Ok i dont wanna sound stupid here but.
1. Has evolve started yet?
2. Where can i watch it?

G 3

Reaction score
So now Davey Richards signed a new contract with ROH pulling him off Evolve and DGUSA. I find it funny because Evolve was made with Davey Richards in mind. So I wonder who will be the main star in Evolve now.

MizMasta3000

I'm guessing Chuck Taylor will be the star now that Davey is gone or Doane

Qwake

Sucks that Davey's gone, I'd like for the company to revolve around Jacobs, although Chris Hero would be a good choice too but he's busy with other companies.

MizMasta3000

-- EVOLVE Wrestling sent out the following announcement today, announcing EVOLVE 2's main event.... The main event for EVOLVE 2 on March 13th in Rahway, NJ at the Rahway Rec Center has been signed. It will pit Chris Hero vs. Ikuto Hidaka in a first time ever match!!! Go to www.EVOLVEwrestling.com for all the info on "EVOLVE 2: Hero vs. Hidaka" now.

Montana

Not real familar with hidaka but if he's main eventing he can't be that bad. I actually really like the angle they are doing with Hero/Allen, where ALlen wants Hero, but is willing to prove himself to get to that level.

Claudio Castagnoli has signed to wrestle at "EVOLVE 2: Hero vs. Hidaka" on March 13th in Rahway, NJ at the Rahway Rec Center. His credentials immediately put him in the Official Singles Division. His profile will be added to the Roster section soon. We'll have news of Castagnoli's opponent right here on the EVOLVEwrestling.com News Ticker soon.

Montana

I watched the first show, and i was pleased with it. I liked the concept. I didn't really think its as much like UFC as people made it out to be, in terms in how they do interviews. I think they are just trying something different with more behind the scenes, wrestler shoots in the locker room. That aspect was good. I also really liked how the show opened with why they are pro wrestlers. It was almost like a shoot form, but it helped learn their characters. I thought that was the goal for this show, and they did it. They made some interesting characters, and they set up fueds and direction. So i liked that.

There were a lot of matches, and they were short and sweet. Very spotty, and no pyschology. None of the matches were out of this world. The main event delivered, but very similar to Richards vs. Ibushi when they wrestled in ROH. I enjoyed the Jacobs/Dreamer promo.

All in all, for a first show i'd say check it out. It's something different, and if they can afford to get some good talent, and continue for a while, Evolve could be a interesting product. Problem is they lack main event talent. But maybe that will change in the future.