EVOLVE Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MardyBum100291

Reaction score
This is looking really good, Doane is awesome and Gabe could be onto something big here, he could potentially make another CM Punk or something like that. Also, I may explode if I don't see the first show, I love Jacobs, now if only they could get Black...

What belts do you think they'll have then? Apart from a World Title anyway, hopefully Jacobs wins it!

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Hmmm, didn't know MS was into Indy/Evole.

They grabbed my attention with their ranking system and their philosophy on wrestling. Most of the guys involved with the promotion are completely foreign to me, but I am excited to see what they are going to do anyway.

Also those Jimmy Jacobs vignettes are ten times cooler than anything TNA/WWE has done lately. It also helps that I know who Jacobs is too.

MardyBum100291

Reaction score
Anyone seen the crazy video where Kota Ibushi gets Endless Canadian Destroyerd by a blow up doll? The guy is mental...

Montana

There is a good indy for every wrestling fan to follow...and this is catching the attention of a lot of people. Jacobs has always been awesome. With Jacobs in Evolve, i'd have to think Black can't be far behind.

The first show looks solid so far. Kota vs Richards will be nothing short of awesome. Everything else looks solid, and you know they will go all out for the first show. So far this looks like i would enjoy this company more than DGUSA.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I have never seen DGUSA either. I tried dl'ing the PPV we have in the media section but it is ridiculously choppy and I couldn't sit through even two minutes of it the quality was so bad. :(

Reaction score
Evolve is looking pretty good in my book. We all need to witness the first show though before the final verdict but its potential is getting better as they get more wrestlers to join their promotion. Looking forward to this.

I've always been a fan of Jimmy Jacobs and I think he can do wonders for Evolve. Not a fan of his new look though. Loved the old AOTF gimmick he had.

Richards is a nice addition as well being one of my favorites in the indy scene. I believe his underrated with his cut throat style.

Qwake

Damn that last video was epic, Jimmy looks quite different but he still owns and hopefully he does have a more major role in EVOLVE as he most likely will. He's going to help this company out alot I think. Gabe is booking so Jimmy will most likely be booked well again, unlike in ROH when Gabe had left, he got buried badly.

I'm liking what's happening with EVOLVE, a few more well known names and it should be really good, their first show is looking good thus far.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
it looks like Jacobs could be a face with that promo, and the non-emo look. He could always turn and resurrect the AOTF. I think the lack of big names is the most intriguing thing. Gabe could've brought whoever he wanted, but he chose those guys instead.

Hometown Kid

it looks like Jacobs could be a face with that promo, and the non-emo look. He could always turn and resurrect the AOTF.

Fuck that, his new look is 100x better than what he was rockin' just after he left ROH, the AOTF sucked besides Jacobs and Delirious anyway. >_> This new character could be exactly what Jimmy needed, especially if they play it like I think they will. And if they build him up that way, Jimmy for EVOLVE Champion!

I was worried his career was dying with the way he got trashed in ROH. I'm so happy to see that video. :D

Montana

Another mystery big name coming to Evolve.

EVOLVE received a gift the other day from a man that has sacrificed for fans and led revolutions. He told us that he will be in Rahway, NJ for "Evolve 1: Richards vs. Ibushi" on January 16th. We are sure that many of you will be very happy to see him. We cannot give any more details at this time, but check www.EVOLVEwrestling.com everyday for new clues.

Hometown Kid

With the way the "E" on the EVOLVE website changes to the old ECW style E, i'm guessing the second new guy is either gonna be Dreamer or Paul Heyman.

Qwake

Pretty sure it won't be Paul Heyman, would be weird if it was Dreamer but he's a possibility. Would be hilarious if Van Dam went there after all the talk of him and TNA/WWE, would be awesome and its possible since he's with PWG for a while. Should be good to see some clues, their first shows not far away.

Qwake

Results of the first ever EVOLVE Show, some guy posted them on 411mania so I thought I'd post em here for everyone.

-Kyle O'Reilly defeated Bobby Fish in a stiff opener. O'Reilly is from the same Tony Kozina camp that Davey Richards came from, and when Kyle cut a promo after the match talking about winning the first ever EVOLVE match, Davey came out and told him to get to the back so he could prepare for his main event match.

-Chuck Taylor defeated Cheech in a qualifying match to become a full member of the EVOLVE roster. Taylor cut a promo after the match saying that he thinks it stinks that he had to win a qualifying match to get on the roster while certain other guys were just signed right up, and he plans to keep on winning and making EVOLVE management's life difficult.

-Ricochet defeated Arik Cannon. After the match, Chuck Taylor came out and challenged Ricochet to a match at the second EVOLVE event, which Ricochet accepted.

-The Dark City Fight Club defeated Aeroform. Aeroform was much smaller than the DCFC and the match was a lot more competitive than you might expect it to be, but the DCFC came out on top after hitting the pop-up double powerbomb.

-Mercedes Martinez defeated Niya. This was just a one minute squash in which Niya got no offense. After the match, Mercedes cut a promo saying that EVOLVE is not just a men's promotion, and she's out to prove herself as the top female wrestler around.

-Brad Allen defeated Silas Young. After the match, Allen challenged Chris Hero to a match on the second EVOLVE event.

-Jimmy Jacobs defeated Kenn Doane. Doane originally won the match, but Jacobs had his foot on the ropes. This brought Tommy Dreamer out from the back to tell the ref about the foot on the rope. The match was restarted and Jacobs tapped Doane out to the End Time. Tommy Dreamer cut a promo thanking the fans for supporting him all these years and for coming out to support EVOLVE, then Jacobs took the mic and told Dreamer that he just came here for one more moment in the spotlight, and that he doesn't need Dreamer's help and called him a washed up hasbeen. This led to a brawl between Dreamer and Jacobs.

INTERMISSION

-Johnny Gargano defeated Chris Dickinson. This was short but fun. Gargano won with a Flatliner.

-Minenori Sawa defeated TJP (aka TJ Perkins). This was a really stiff match with both guys laying into each other with a ton of hard kicks and forearms.

-Team Lighting (Mike Quackenbush, Hallowicked, and Frightmare) defeated Akuma's Army (Gran Akuma, Brodie Lee, and Icarus). This was a pretty standard CHIKARA six man match that featured a lot of cool, innovative moves. It never ceases to amaze me the stuff these CHIKARA guys come up with.

-Davey Richards defeated Kota Ibushi in the main event. This match was off the charts and was easily the best match of the night. Ton of near falls, but Richards finally tapped Ibushi out to the Kimura Lock. After the match, Richards challenged Kyle O'Reilly to a match on the second EVOLVE event, then thanked everybody for coming out and being a part of the first EVOLVE show.

House looked to be in the 300-350 range, which was a lot more than I expected coming in. EVOLVE returns to Rahway for their second event on March 13th.

=================

Looks like a pretty good first show, results and wrestlingwise anyways. I'll be downloading it whenever its up to see what its like. Looks like some good matchups and some good feuds starting. Chucky T was epic! Doane Vs Jacobs followed by Dreamer looked good too. The Main Event shold be good also. Thoughts on everything?

MizMasta3000

So Davey Richards challenged O' Reilly AND Ricochet? Oh snap Tommy Dreamer. Good show from the looks of it although Doane got screwed :p