• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
WWE is a real piece of work for firing him. This is completely unfair and I hope others in the company acknowledge this. I know a lot of people don't like him in the locker room but come on, someone needs to call them out on this crap.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
WWE is a real piece of work for firing him.
Look...this entire situation is a complete mess...but...I
can't blame the WWE for wanting to protect their brand.

I know a lot of people don't like him in the locker room
It could be the WWE have simply used this incident
as an excuse to finally get rid of Enzo...much like
that guy who was "fired" for taking a selfie with
those popular non-WWE wrestlers.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Look...this entire situation is a complete mess...but...I
can't blame the WWE for wanting to protect their brand.

It could be the WWE have simply used this incident
as an excuse to finally get rid of Enzo...much like
that guy who was "fired" for taking a selfie with
those popular non-WWE wrestlers.

I would understand this as protecting their brand had they been done with Paige outright as well. There is more to it than that. I think that some of the bigger names didn't like him and they wanted an excuse to can him.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I would understand this as protecting their brand had they been done with Paige outright as well.
Oh I agree...and I'm still shocked Paige actually showed back
up on WWE television...but you see...she has a "movie" coming
out & the WWE can't resist the lure of Hollywood.

I also think its complete bullshit that the WWE kept Paige
around after all the shit that was thrown...yet they released
Emma & Summer Rae...who had never really done anything
wrong.

And now it turns out Paige can't wrestle at the moment & may
never wrestle in a WWE ring again.

It just goes to show its not about how good you are in the ring...
its about the Rock making a film about your life.

There is more to it than that. I think that some of the bigger names didn't like him and they wanted an excuse to can him.
Its possible...I mean we know its happened before...Just look
at what happened to Alex Riley.

Last edited:
Reactions: Solid Snake

NW1989

Jobber
Reaction score
Oh I agree...and I'm still shocked Paige actually showed back
up on WWE television...but you see...she has a "movie" coming
out & the WWE can't resist the lure of Hollywood.

I also think its complete bullshit that the WWE kept Paige
around after all the shit that was thrown...yet they released
Emma & Summer Rae...who had never really done anything
wrong.

And now it turns out Paige can't wrestle at the moment & may
never wrestle in a WWE ring again.

It just goes to show its not about how good you are in the ring...
its about the Rock making a film about your life.

Pretty sure Paige wasn’t accused of rape or sexual harassment...

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty sure Paige wasn’t accused of rape or sexual harassment...
First of all...No Shit Sherlock...

Secondly...considering the wellness policy violations,
leaked sex videos of her having a sexual partner "desecrate"
an NXT title, the neck surgery she went through with
outside of the WWE system & her erratic behavior...I'm
just surprised she still has a job.

NW1989

Jobber
Reaction score
First of all...No Shit Sherlock...

Secondly...considering the wellness policy violations,
leaked sex videos of her having a sexual partner "desecrate"
an NXT title, the neck surgery she went through with
outside of the WWE system & her erratic behavior...I'm
just surprised she still has a job.

See you make out (or I got the impression) that your surprised paige still has a job but astounded that enzo doesn’t like they were for similar reasons.

Therefore I was just pointing out they are completely separate circumstances.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
See you make out (or I got the impression) that your surprised paige still has a job but astounded that enzo doesn’t like they were for similar reasons
No...they are completely different reasons...BUT...
I believe every performer should be treated the
same way.

They keep Paige around after all she's done...yet
Enzo is gone even before he's proven guilty.

Either fire everyone if they "cross the line" or allow
all the performers a chance to prove their innocence...
don't have different rules for different people.

Therefore I was just pointing out they are completely separate circumstances.
Fair call...but I was aware of that in the 1st place.

Anyway...I'm out of here...because I have a feeling
I'm only going to end up putting my foot in my mouth
if I keep posting in this thread.

ZgwIASL.gif

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
It’s a crazy world. The Province of Ontario has an election in June, and the (male) leader of one of the opposition parties was just accused of harassment / assault. He denies all the allegations, but forced to step down. Call that a victory for the party in power

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
First off, I'd like to share the following link, a very thorough breakdown of the entire situation done extrelemy well on fightful.com:

Enzo Amore Accused Of Rape, Released By WWE; Fightful Speaks To Accuser | Fightful Wrestling

Secondly, I should point out that I am a firm believer of the "innocent till proven otherwise" so off the bat, unless I see some hard evidence, I call this entire story bullshit. Don't get me wrong, this is obvious a very sensitive case and I certainly don't want to come off as an asshole about it - we're talking about alleged rape here, not some minor misconduct - but as several other fellow members have already noted above, this whole story has too many holes in it and too much shit that just doesn't add up; no need to go through all the details again since they are well documented already.

As we all know by now, Enzo was not fired for the accusations themselves but for the fact that he apparently hid that information from WWE; let's not forget that fellow cruiserweight star Rich Swann is currently suspended (though his case of course is different, certainly not of the same magnitude when it comes to what he's accused about) but NOT fired so that alone ought to tell you something. Why Enzo thought hiding this from WWE was a good idea is beyond me and something only he can answer. The way I see it, WWE really had no other option and at the end of the day, if proven innocent of these charges, they can always bring him back at some point down the road, just like they've done in several other cases in the past.

Like I said, this whole thing is a total mess and it's obviously impossible to really go into any further discussion until we get the facts straight and be presented with evidence. Hard evidence. And even though Enzo ain't no saint (we all know that much, we've heard the stories), I hope for his sake he's proven innocent.

Giggityfish80

The Showoff
Reaction score
The [HASHTAG]#metoo[/HASHTAG] movement intentions at first WERE a good thing it has helped shine a light on this thing, sadly its being used by people with an axe to grind against a man. "Oh he didn't want a relationship? Fine i'll just scream he raped me". I literally read a story that claimed a bunch of hoestesses were groped by a bunch of men at a men only function, and what tweet did i see someone post? "Well its was a room full of men with 130 women what did you expect". Its THAT kind of attitude that makes me hate femininsts. Not all men are rapists despite what SJW's try to claim. Damn right i replied to the tweet and called her tweet ignorant and bullshit because it was

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
As we all know by now, Enzo was not fired for the accusations themselves but for the fact that he apparently hid that information from WWE; let's not forget that fellow cruiserweight star Rich Swann is currently suspended (though his case of course is different, certainly not of the same magnitude when it comes to what he's accused about) but NOT fired so that alone ought to tell you something. Why Enzo thought hiding this from WWE was a good idea is beyond me and something only he can answer. The way I see it, WWE really had no other option and at the end of the day, if proven innocent of these charges, they can always bring him back at some point down the road, just like they've done in several other cases in the past.
I think that we all understand why. Enzo must have thought "WTF? Where'd this come from? Why now? This is bullshit." WWE should've checked the claims before suspending, releasing, or firing this dude. WWE had to understand that this whole [HASHTAG]#MeToo[/HASHTAG] movement would've crept some bad apples taking advantage of something that was supposed to be a safe way to do something.

I don't believe that WWE checked the claims at all, they just want to distance themselves from Enzo due to the backstage heat and/or crowd heat, and this new claim by the woman is just another excuse for WWE to release/fire the guy. That's how I see it. I don't like it. It's just too fucking easy to file a rape claim, and companies react just as quickly. *facepalms* It's really annoying.

Big media companies such as Fox News, NBC check these claims, and take weeks or days to do something about it, but often it sounds like an excuse for them to pander to the public.

Again, I don't entirely like Enzo. I just like his mic work, and if he ends up being guilty for the claims that he's being accused of, then he's just another guy who made a really stupid mistake. It's like this, today - it's just so fucking easy to accuse someone of rape, and get away with it. The man loses his job, security, and is branded as a rapist. Not just in the records, but as a reputation. Dumb ladies who don't realize the consequences of their actions.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
WWE should've checked the claims before suspending, releasing, or firing this dude.

I'm with you buddy but I guess that's what they call PR....

I don't believe that WWE checked the claims at all, they just want to distance themselves from Enzo due to the backstage heat and/or crowd heat, and this new claim by the woman is just another excuse for WWE to release/fire the guy

You know, I've heard this a lot about how this is such a "convenient" excuse for WWE to get rid of Enzo but despite the heat he has backstage (there's no denying that), despite what appears to be a very wild (to say the least) character (and I'm obviously talking real life, not on screen) and despite the fact that even a lot of the higher ups dislike him, bottom line is he is one of their better characters on the show, one who sells tons of merch (meaning, a whole lot of money for WWE, aka Vince's language) and the one who pretty much helped 205 Live stay relevant.

So, in that regard, I ain't so sure WWE were eager to fire him. Like I said, this is more of a PR thing and WWE simply wanting to distance themselves from what is a very difficult and sensitive situation. Should Enzo be found innocent - I made the same point above - WWE can always bring him back cause...everyone eventually comes back...