Edge vs. Jericho....who's winning?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

I'm pretty sure whatever the hell Bret Hart and Vince are doing are going to be last then Cena/Batista, then HBK/Taker, then Edge/Jericho

Qwake

I really hope this is the last match on the show, if not then I hope it gets more time then Cena/Batista or whoever is last because this has potential to be one of the best matches in a long time.

I don't know who's going to win, they only gave Jericho the belt to carry on with his feud with Edge so Edge could use his Rumble win to make the match, it would suck for Jericho to have such a short reign. Although if Edge won it would also be great. I want Jericho to win and to continue to feud with Edge for a long time until Edge finally wins the belt, these two could easily get feud of the year if its kept going but there haven't been many long-term feuds on SD in a while from what I remember.

I want Jericho to win but I'm going with Edge.

The Rated R CMStar

Can somebody tell me how Edge's face turn has been a failure? For someone who was totally hated just last year and associated with the heat magnet Vickie Guerrero, he's mad over as a face and anybody who manages to get people cheering and chanting for that Spear shit is a God tbh

Montana

Heres my opinion on it. I just think it was no reason for the face turn. He was a heel when he left, and a face when he came back. Earlier in his career the face run didn't work because it seemed too forced, and was a far better heel. I think you can at least agree he is better suited as a heel. But i don't really feel Edge is on that level to where he can leave for 6 months and return as a good guy. I just don't buy it. At least he is working with one of the biggest heels in the company, Jericho and can get some reaction from the fans. Just seems odd to cheer for the guy now he's a good guy. I really don't think he's going as bad as people make it out to be. But at the same it's not that great either. The spear thing is a cheap rip off of Austins " what " imo. and i find Edge's finisher really weak. I know its kinda silly to bring that up, but i just feel like if a 200 lb guy speared/tackled the big show it wouldn't really hurt it. I know its wrestling and worse moves have been done, but when becoming a face, there is more to it than just acting like a good guy. I don't think Edge is doing enough at the moment. In due time i think he could get over more so, just too soon as a face turn.

Hometown Kid

This feud has pretty much bombed to what it could have been. Like Montana said, Jericho is so good, he's still maintaining his face heat pretty well, even with his RIDICULOUS spear gimmick going. The Spear's a cool move and all, but not worth saying 50 times until people start chanting it. This feud reminds me a bit of this Abyss/AJ feud in TNA in that the characters are face/heel flip flopped in the individual's strengths. Edge isn't a bad face, it's just hard to believe he changed overnight like that. I think if there was some sort of event that could get him to change back to 2002 Edge, that would have been better than what we have now.

As far as the match goes I see Jericho winning, unless Christian wins MITB, then I see him cashing in the same match on Edge and turning. (Another face/heel mismatch?) I hope Jericho wins though.

Areoplex

Reaction score
I'm actually going to say Jericho. Edge has been getting the upper hand for weeks and it seem as if they are giving Jericho no chance so if Jericho wins it would be a shock and not many people would see it coming.

Personally I hope Jericho does win as it could continue this feud on as I know WWE could make this a feud a lot better. I think the reason why they are not putting as much effort into it is so that Cena and Batista get the limelight and won't get over shadowed by the two of them. After Wrestlemania I believe more work will be put into it.

Even though not much has been put into it, I still can't wait until they face off at WM and it has the possibility to be the match of the night.

Beer

If it's headlining, which I sincerely hope it does not, since we have possibly the Undertaker of Shawn Michaels' last ever match on the same night, then I see Edge winning. If not, Jericho will pick up the win. I want Jericho winning, definitely.

The other factor, is weather John Cena is going to pick up the title. BRET HART is going to beat Vince, hands down. If Cena wins, which is likely in this situation with Hart and Vince, then we DO need a heel winning the gold. The three main matches, excluding HBK/Taker, need at least one heel winning.

Jericho, plz.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me how Edge's face turn has been a failure? For someone who was totally hated just last year and associated with the heat magnet Vickie Guerrero, he's mad over as a face and anybody who manages to get people cheering and chanting for that Spear shit is a God tbh

Edge isn't getting over as a face, in my opinion. Jericho is just getting that much heat that they would cheer for whoever was going against him.

Jericho is going to retain people!

Edge sucks as a face at this point, and even if he were to turn heel, there is no way he could generate enough reaction to knock Jericho off as the top heel on SD right now.

It would be pointless to have Edge win, since Jericho is the only credible opponent he could compete with right now. Why take the title from Jericho and kill his momentum even more, by giving Edge the title if they are just going to continue the feud beyond WM? The only other credible opponent for Edge to face would be Punk, and I don't see that happening right now.

Edge is going to lose, and it is going to move on to Rated R Superstar vs the Straight Edge Savior. It is going to be BIBLICAL! (cheap LAC pop)

MizMasta3000

That Spear shit and the Jericho bashing is eaten up by the fans. They love it all. Edges face turn is going good

LKP

^^^ Agreed dude.
Jericho needs the upper hand this week though. Otherwise its a very one sided fued.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
That Spear shit and the Jericho bashing is eaten up by the fans. They love it all. Edges face turn is going good

The fans love it because THEY HATE JERICHO. You could substitute Edge for anyone else, and you'd be getting the same reaction. I love Edge, but this is all Jericho.

Mister J

Reaction score
Smackdown is such a great show with wrestlers like Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Edge, John Morrison, Hart Dynasty etc. I finally got to watch Smackdown this past Friday night. It's way better than RAW imo.