Edge vs. Jericho....who's winning?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
For him, ALOT lol

Pretty sure WM won't draw if the main event is Kofi Kingstin vs. Ted DiBiase. You need Cena, Edge, Taker, HBK, HHH for it to be enough so that people will buy the PPV. WWE can't afford to stop marketing their stars for the sake of taking risks. If it isn't broke, then don't fix it.

Wrestlemania itself is a draw. I'm not saying not to use their big stars, but it should free them up a little to use them in ways they couldn't normally use them. And as long as the Main Events are booked as a draw they should be free to play around in the mid-card, play it a little looser.

MizMasta3000

No one buys WM just because it's WM and if they do it's because they are accustomed to the packed star power in it. The stars sell WM.

MizMasta3000

^Ok...can you back it up?

You are saying that if this was some of the WM Card,:

Main Event

Kofi (c) vs. Jack Swagger

MITB
Cody Rhodes/Ziggler/MVP/Henry/Bourne/Benjamin

...And leaving out the Main event players like Cena, Orton, HHH, HBK, etc that Wrestlemania would still draw?

Reaction score

Main Event

MITB

...And leaving out the Main event players like Cena, Orton, HHH, HBK, etc that Wrestlemania would still draw?

Yes, people would still order it. It's Wrestlemania, out of all the PPV's in the year, the one you can always count on being good is Mania.

MizMasta3000

Why is it good Ronnie? I'll tell you why because the biggest names in the buisness are showcased in "High Profile Matches" That's what WM has always been about. Pfft where is CMS when you need him?

Reaction score
Why is it good Ronnie? I'll tell you why because the biggest names in the buisness are showcased in "High Profile Matches" That's what WM has always been about. Pfft where is CMS when you need him?

Because people try harder for Wrestlemania. At this point, Wrestlemania is a brand name that people will order, regardless of who's in the main event.

MizMasta3000

Just because they try harder and put on a good performance doesn't mean they will draw. WM draw comes from how good it looks on paper. The fact of the matter is that the Hulk Hogans, Shawn Michaels', Undertakers, Cenas, etc have ALWAYS been the reasons for fans to give a damn and consider this top PPV. "The Showcase of the Immortals"

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score

Main Event

MITB

You're misconstruing what I said.

Wrestlemania itself is a draw. I'm not saying not to use their big stars, but it should free them up a little to use them in ways they couldn't normally use them. And as long as the Main Events are booked as a draw they should be free to play around in the mid-card, play it a little looser.

No one buys WM just because it's WM and if they do it's because they are accustomed to the packed star power in it. The stars sell WM.

They watch Mania because it is Mania. It is SUPPOSED to traditionally be the culmination of all the big feuds of the year. Despite that not being the case for however long, people associate it with that. It is the "GRANDEST STAGE OF THEM ALL"

It draws for itself, people are going to watch it regardless, good matches are just the icing on the cake.

MizMasta3000

Exactly, with Wrestlemania, it is assumed that the biggest names are being showcase. Thus if there are no big names, Wrestlemania won't draw as much. How is that such a hard concept?

You're misconstruing what I said.

I wasn't talking to you

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Exactly, with Wrestlemania, it is assumed that the biggest names are being showcase. Thus if there are no big names, Wrestlemania won't draw as much. How is that such a hard concept?

Wrestlemania BECAME a draw by showcasing the biggest names. Sure, if they put on shitty matches year after year that would make it less so, but all I said was that they have wiggle room to experiment with the card on their biggest show of the year. People are going to watch regardless.

Airfixx

^^^^How about "THE MAJORITY of peeps are gonna watch regardless"...?

Overt interest in a particular match will undeniably make SOME difference to the buy-rates.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
^^^^How about "THE MAJORITY of peeps are gonna watch regardless"...?

That'll do. Look how long the product has been mediocre, and all the other shitty PPV's we watch.

Overt interest in a particular match will undeniably make SOME difference to the buy-rates.

Of course it will. But saying Wrestlemania itself isn't a draw in inaccurate.

Montana

I watch Wrestlemania, just cause it's WM. I haven't caught too many WWE PPV's lately. Certainly a stronger card helps, but you know it's the superbowl, and they are going to put on a good show.

Christian 2.0

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Jericho wins with some kind of dirty finish. I don't think we'll see a Christian screw-job, not at WM anyway. That's the kind of stuff WCW used to do at their biggest ppv's. This feud should end at the next ppv which is either Backlash or Extreme Rules, I don't know anymore.