Edge vs. Jericho....who's winning?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

The fans love it because THEY HATE JERICHO. You could substitute Edge for anyone else, and you'd be getting the same reaction. I love Edge, but this is all Jericho.

This. Seriously Edge's 'faceturn' is only so succesful because they matched him up against the top heel in the company, no denying it. If you were to put him into a feud as the face against someone who isn't as great of a heel as Jericho or even Punk would you all be singing Edge's face praises so much?

Mister J

Reaction score
Edge's face turn was going to happen regardless. The people find him to be a very cool character. It wouldn't matter who Edge is feuding with.

straight_edge76

But would his massive face reactions be the same if he was feuding with a lesser heel? Like somebody who's name ISN'T Jericho, Punk or The Miz?

straight_edge76

I honestly do not think he would. Sure the fans love him but the only reason imo he is getting as much of a face reaction is more who he is working with being such a natural heat machine then Edge being a great face, as much as I love Edge, as a face he is just another generic, let me kiss the fans ass and make fun of my heel opponent type of face.

The Rated R CMStar

Yes, not only would he, he has. He got the same ovation from the people when he was in the ring against Sheamus, he got an ovation when against Batista, when against The Big Show. Seriously, let's just face it, Edge has gotten the face character over. Just because the Spear shit is lame doesn't mean it's not working because it is.

Hell, he didn't even get boo when he speared Taker.

BTW, I laugh at you people when you talk about faces. The only two faces that don't kiss ass or are separated from your supposed "bland face persona" were Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H post-marriage. Yet, you try to pass off as if we have had a shitload of unique face characters.

Mister J

Reaction score
Edge ripped off Rhino's "GORE GORE GORE!!!".

Reaction score
yeah i agree as cheesy as his face turn is with the whole "SPEAR" movement it definitely is effective and is working completely so more power to him

Qwake

Whoever is saying Edge is only getting cheered by fans because he is up against a huge heel like Jericho is full of shit, Edge was cheered when he returned at the Rumble, he was cheered after winning the rumble, none of that had anything to do with Jericho really, Jericho only came in after EC when Edge said he'd face him at Mania, he was still cheered well before then.

Mister J

Reaction score
Edge will probably end up being the top face on Smackdown if Undertaker retires this year.

The Rated R CMStar

This is just another example of someone not liking something and then deciding it's not good and try to pass it as a fact. You may not like face Edge. Hell, it's a little lame how he keeps chanting Spear. If anything, they should just have Edge say it once and then let the crowd do it for him, considering the crowd is nore than willing to chant for it anyways.

The thing is, it's working. Whether we like it or not, Edge's face turn has worked.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Whoever is saying Edge is only getting cheered by fans because he is up against a huge heel like Jericho is full of shit, Edge was cheered when he returned at the Rumble, he was cheered after winning the rumble, none of that had anything to do with Jericho really, Jericho only came in after EC when Edge said he'd face him at Mania, he was still cheered well before then.

I like Edge. I am not in any way putting him down. And of course he got cheered when he returned, everyone gets cheered when they return. I'm just specifying that the angle with Jericho has played a role in making it more entertaining.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Edge has always been cheered. Only against Cena or when he's with Lita is when the audience is full of boo's. Edge isn't a natural face, but quite honest in today's wrestling it's ridiculously hard to get a reaction everytime, and Edge is one of the five guys who can do that. A heel doesn't need a reaction at most times and is usually used nowadays to introduce a character or promote his strengths. Edge doesn't need that. Edge needs to step into the next level. Which there hoping he can do as a face at WM.